EC29B51B-7FA1-4FDC-A93B-F5C2269D532D (resized).jpeg
59F11762-7EDE-4E58-BA81-A3765B6CEE2B (resized).jpeg
col11 (resized).png
col9 (resized).png
col10 (resized).png
col8 (resized).png
col7 (resized).png
col6 (resized).png
There are 913 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

I'm in!!! Please let me know what to get. And I love the option to Be able to start with your new modes or the original.
Also, did you mention way back when. That you were thinking of making The fireball hurry up less frequent? That would be great!

Thanks. For the fireball launch: yes indeed, that's something I wanted to change at the beginning: there are way too many fireballs and it's being a bit repetitive.
So I've created new modes and increase the ramp shots.
This along with the tale selection were the 2 major flaws on the 1.4.

#402 4 years ago

After a long thinking about it, I will finally implement a real video mode (only screen play)
I know that when it's optional and well implemented it could be fun.

The sultan's palace is not a real video mode because the game interact with the screen depending on the direction of the shots.

I have to say that a some video modes I've seen are not fun so I didn't want to implement it to just to have one...
but...
I've thought of something I like lately: a shell game.

You have 3 cups and needs to find a jewel under the right cups after a lot of combinaison moves.
There a some tricks to make the eye lose the ball direction.

I'll share a video once more advance.

shell_game2 (resized).pngshell_game2 (resized).png
#403 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

After a long thinking about it, I will finally implement a real video mode (only screen play)
I know that when it's optional and well implemented it could be fun.
The sultan's palace is not a real video mode because the game interact with the screen depending on the direction of the shots.
I have to say that a some video modes I've seen are not fun so I didn't want to implement it to just to have one...
but...
I've thought of something I like lately: a shell game.
You have 3 cups and needs to find a jewel under the right cups after a lot of combinaison moves.
There a some tricks to make the eye lose the ball direction.
I'll share a video once more advance.[quoted image]

A video mode ! Sounds great. Some don’t like, some love it but if it’s fun, and this one looks like it, it adds to the game. All the greatest WPC has theirs! TOTAN deserves one as well.

#405 4 years ago

ok... a bit harder.... let's say the jewel is on the left cup to start:

#406 4 years ago

really hard version. Let's say the jewel start on the left cup still...
just focus...

#407 4 years ago

Is this all done just changing ROMS?

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I have with the P-ROC board a major constraint regarding the GI with LED (frequencywise...). There is no possibility to make any good effect with it so I need a firmware update to make it work properly and I asked Gerry (Multimorphic) if it could be done. Gerry nicely shared that it could but it takes time and resources...
If anyone is interrested by a Kit, let me know. Gerry told me that with enough people interested it could be done: It could help to push for this important update. Without it I would need to redo a lot of my lightning animations with removing all the GI effects I’ve done... because of the LED.... and it’s really unfortunate. The bulb and LED doesn’t react the same way and I cannot know what’s used inside the software (with LED no effect also...)
I have still work to be done but hope things get faster once the color will be finished.
Software is a lot of works and require a lot of testing to start. I may ask for a beta testing once I'll be ready, hopefully soon.

Thanks to all the people who PM me regarding possibility of a kit and the P-ROC GI issue, I have no insurance whatsoever this GI frequency will even be fixed/ change and I don’t plan to support different lamp shows other that what I’ve done with my own pinball so with LED or else. I will continue to share on my project no matter what. Next month I might have more info to know at least if there is a chance that the P-ROC firmware could be upgraded or not to fix it.

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Next month I might have more info to know at least if there is a chance that the P-ROC firmware could be upgraded or not to fix it.

thanks for sharing this and again for all your work. I really hope it will be fixed. The ligthning effects are really important indeed and it seems like you have dedicated a lot of time and effort on this for the best... cross finger.

#410 4 years ago

What is the exact problem you are having with the GI and the p-roc/pyprocgame? I know of no issue with LEDs, unless there is a new type of LED you are using? What happens?

Quoted from noitbe1:

quick update:
I have with the P-ROC board a major constraint regarding the GI with LED (frequencywise...). There is no possibility to make any good effect with it so I need a firmware update to make it work properly and I asked Gerry (Multimorphic) if it could be done. Gerry nicely shared that it could but it takes time and resources...
If anyone is interrested by a Kit, let me know. Gerry told me that with enough people interested it could be done: It could help to push for this important update. Without it I would need to redo a lot of my lightning animations with removing all the GI effects I’ve done... because of the LED.... and it’s really unfortunate. The bulb and LED doesn’t react the same way and I cannot know what’s used inside the software (with LED no effect also...)
I have still work to be done but hope things get faster once the color will be finished.
Software is a lot of works and require a lot of testing to start. I may ask for a beta testing once I'll be ready, hopefully soon.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

What is the exact problem you are having with the GI and the p-roc/pyprocgame? I know of no issue with LEDs, unless there is a new type of LED you are using? What happens?

It's not so much a bug. You can turn on and off the GI circuits like any driver. The difference between the P-ROC and the original CPU board is that our drivers circuits are not currently timed to the zero-cross circuit. I designed the firmware this way on purpose to give programmers better driver resolutions than original WPC machines. As a result, it's harder to do GI fading, as the timing of the PWM won't be synchronized to the AC voltage swing.

You could still get reasonably good GI (and matrix light) fading by making use of the aux bus logic controller for high resolution control of the GI circuits, but that's not as simple as just using a gi.enable or gi.patter command, and it still wouldn't be the exact same as the original game, though it'd probably be pretty good. In the early days, I wrote code to use the aux bus to give high resolution control of the helmet lamps in BoP2. Similar code could be used for high resolution control of the WPC GI. I'll see if I can dig up that code. I don't know for sure that I still have it, but a few community members have made use of it for BoP2 and AFM (saucer lights). Regardless, it'd be pretty easy for somebody to rewrite it using the virtual driver and aux port logic that I wrote for pyprocgame - that's how I did it.

I'm going to look into integrating the zero-cross signal into the P-ROC driver logic after TPF, but I'm not making any promises at this point. The alternate solutions should give reasonable results, and so far (in 10 years of shipping P-ROCs), this is the only project requesting the feature. That said, this project is amazing, and I love the desire for perfection.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from gstellenberg:

this project is amazing, and I love the desire for perfection.
- Gerry

Gerry, it’s an honor to have you here. What’s great with you is you have always nice things to say.
Yes, i want to use this board at its maximum to be able to create the lamp show I want and share with others. It’s difficult to describe here what is the added value but let’s put this: GI lamp show improved the experience and is a great opening for development . Yes I know it’s not on the other P-ROC WPC projects (CCC, Indy...) but, maybe, it could have been implemented as well if it was an option for them.
This option was possible however on the good old WPC boards with 6 levels of shading.
For me: gameplay, music,visual and lamp shows makes the pinball a unique experience and yes I’m attached to it.

#413 4 years ago

ok, here is a gameplay more advanced of the video mode (both flipper button pressed to select the cup)

regular mode:

hard mode: (for the hardcore...)

#414 4 years ago

this video mode is optional and could be activated with the make a wish with the ruby activated.

#415 4 years ago

You do a really good job! Thank you for your effort in this matter and I'm looking forward playing your software once!!!

Have you seen the video mode in Indiana Jones? Probably you did. Looks a bit like it and that is not a bad thing. But if you like a video mode that requires skill I would suggest that moving the cups faster is not really a skill game anymore. I'm quite good in these games myself and guess them right all the time. When the cups move to fast it's not a game anymore but it ends up being pure luck.

More skill and not to difficult to build is a 'Flappy Bird' kind of game. Where you jump with the right timing. Just to say that there is more skill involved when you make it harder (like with smaller gaps).

Anyway, great job!

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

You do a really good job! Thank you for your effort in this matter and I'm looking forward playing your software once!!!
Have you seen the video mode in Indiana Jones? Probably you did. Looks a bit like it and that is not a bad thing. But if you like a video mode that requires skill I would suggest that moving the cups faster is not really a skill game anymore. I'm quite good in these games myself and guess them right all the time. When the cups move to fast it's not a game anymore but it ends up being pure luck.
More skill and not to difficult to build is a 'Flappy Bird' kind of game. Where you jump with the right timing. Just to say that there is more skill involved when you make it harder (like with smaller gaps).
Anyway, great job!

thanks for the comment, always good to get a feedback from you.
I know that a video mode is not for everyone and I insist on the optional thing but I disagree on the fact the hard mode is impossible and it's not just luck. Yes it's based on speed and focus, I agree. I've played with wife and kids this week end and it's not 100% even on the regular mode. I've set a balanced difficulty according to it because it could be way too hard and then ... frustrating. The speed is the soul of this game, not magic. I'm not trying a to add jump trick which will be, I think , too complicated to handle (codewise) and then involve the luck for the player. I think this one is a mix with focus and speed and I'm fine with that.
This is an optional quick game which doesn't target to be something you can't live with, that was my intend for it.
If I find a way to increase the difficulty with new movments, I'll add them for sure. All of them are not shown on those videos anyway.

#417 4 years ago

Good feedback, thanks. You have to do what you think is best and looking at all other work you will be fine
It's great that you have the best testing team at home! lol
Cheers

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Good feedback, thanks. You have to do what you think is best and looking at all other work you will be fine
It's great that you have the best testing team at home! lol
Cheers

don't mention it.... my 10 years old daughter beat me on it...

#419 4 years ago

Color is almost done. Let's share a little bit more: here is the wizard mode 2 (part 1 on 3...) reworked and in color (to be compared with video on post 320)

I'll share also on the other modes soon.

skeleton3-6 (resized).pngskeleton3-6 (resized).png
#420 4 years ago

others...

#421 4 years ago

Alibaba in color:

alibaba_col (resized).pngalibaba_col (resized).png
#422 4 years ago

COLOR is done! update soon

started last june... really looong process....

#423 4 years ago

Nice!!

#424 4 years ago

here is an update of things which come in my mind:

Since I started the color process last summer, I've reworked everything with for instance new animations, new sequences ... gameplay...
Also, good old matrix animations has been updated accordingly.

For the color:
color effects has been added such as "day and night" in baghdad, special effect in make a wish, color changing effects and so on...
Sometimes I've put different colors on some animations.

New tale rules:
For all the new tales, there is a time counter or a limitation to prevent it to last forever. If you fail, it will have incidence on the rest of the game but you still carry on your progress.

Here is a first draft of the rules:

cyclop : shoot one of the captive ball to hit the munsters.

Alibaba: rotating the lamp and then hit one for the stand up to progress (time limited).

Camel race: shoot one action light to progress. The action light change randomly.

Scheherazade: shoot the genie to start the book sequence and then hit left/right capture ball or left/right loop to make the genie desapear according to his positions. If both genies appears and both are hit, a special bonus will be given and a super bonus after 3 success.

Sinbad: hit the left loop to get to the bumpers. Once the munster is weak, finish him by hitting the genie

flying horse: (insipired by the "cat sequence" in Alien) One action target will pops up quickly and disapear. Hit the lamp will light the right target shortly again as a reminder. The target will also change after a while.

Flying carpet : hit the ramp (left and right will switch with diverter according to the progress)

#425 4 years ago

Scheherazade TM in color:

vlob (resized).jpgvlob (resized).jpg
#426 4 years ago

flying horse TM:

flyibg_horse (resized).pngflyibg_horse (resized).png
#427 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Scheherazade TM in color:
[quoted image]

The girl looks cute, great eyes... What is happening to cause the genie to turn yellow is he getting shocked when he goes all static? Does him turning yellow mean something?

Looking and sounding great!

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

The girl looks cute, great eyes... What is happening to cause the genie to turn yellow is he getting shocked when he goes all static? Does him turning yellow mean something?
Looking and sounding great!

Thanks. It’s a color effect: it’s a little bit like a ghost. We need to check if he is still there... Once the right switch is hit: he disappear from the screen.

#429 4 years ago

Camel Race TM:

camel_race3 (resized).pngcamel_race3 (resized).png
#430 4 years ago

I have still some ideas in my mind and one of them is to create alternative animations which comes randomly. I like the idea that your game is unique and stuff comes up. It could happen if something has been unlock, won or else...
I am the lucky owner of a MM and have the « fatality » quotes with the dragon which comes up one in a while : something like it...

#431 4 years ago

forty thieves TM

flying_carpet (resized).pngflying_carpet (resized).png
#432 4 years ago

Looks great, cant wait to see a complete gameplay video.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Looks great, cant wait to see a complete gameplay video.

Thanks. The code is there. i have to say that with all the unfinished related projects out there, I really wanted to finish this one. However before starting it I had no idea it should take that much time to finish it... I understand however that with family time, jobs or else... some priority have changed for some after a while.
There is still some stuff to look at:
Since last June I’ve fixed a lot of bugs and changed things there and there. It lacks some new sounds I want to add but it required also time to create them. I will have more dedicated time for this now. Soon I want to start the real testing with stress test at the end. Check if everything is well balanced and so on...
I forgot to mention that I’ve added switch test to test if there is any issues with the pin. I need to finish to implement it.
Also, currently the coils power can be changed in the settings but I’ll probably add the possibility to adjust the magnet to avoid SDTM: create the possibility to shake more the ball once caught... On my TOTAN everything works great but is better to have this option anyway.
I’ve planed to improve all the light shows with new cool effects, I hope the firmware of the P-ROC to be updated at some point to let me do it with the GI.
So... gameplay video soon.

#434 4 years ago

Let me share some more infos regarding the RGB led display I’m using (I’ve been asked by PM). It’s using PIN2DMD assembly and firmware. This display is great.
Plug with USB, can be powered directly from the board meaning it ban be used exactly as the old DMD one.

Here is the link of the one I’m using but only available in Europe I think.

https://www.artcab.fr/dmd/368-pin2dmd-evo.html#idTab5

To use with TOTAN TM, nothing easier... Just plug the display with the USB cord to the computer and it will recognized as the main display... that’s it.

What’s great with this display is to be a real matrix kept the origin style of the original... could have been released by WMS...

#435 4 years ago

Do I need to buy a Totan now?
C’est cool, tu dois avoir du temps pour avancer..quand penses tu finir cette version 2.0?

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do I need to buy a Totan now?
C’est cool, tu dois avoir du temps pour avancer..quand penses tu finir cette version 2.0?

Oui il faut acheter un Totan. Le problème de ce flip était le soft. et aussi le lance bille auto.
J’ai fini un premier jet du code. Il tourne. Maintenant il faut valider que tout fonctionne bien et du pofinage.
Bizarrement, en ce moment j’ai pas mal de boulot et je dois aussi faire la classe avec mes enfants donc c’est pas si propice que ça. Et tout cas ça avance! Encore quelques mois et ça devrait être bon. La rentrée peut être.

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Oui il faut acheter un Totan. Le problème de ce flip était le soft. et aussi le lance bille auto.
J’ai fini un premier jet du code. Il tourne. Maintenant il faut valider que tout fonctionne bien et du pofinage.
Bizarrement, en ce moment j’ai pas mal de boulot et je dois aussi faire la classe avec mes enfants donc c’est pas si propice que ça. Et tout cas ça avance! Encore quelques mois et ça devrait être bon. La rentrée peut être.

Oui, etre prof ocćupe pas mal de temps...ils sont fous de donner autant de devoirs!
C’est cool le boulot que tu fais, hate de voir le résultat. Bon courage camarade.

#438 4 years ago

First time to use Google translate on pinside. I love it!

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

First time to use Google translate on pinside. I love it!

Lol! I use it every time I want to post here....Ok less and less..but i’m sure I make grammar and vocabulary mistakes

Sorry, I do not speak French again!

#440 4 years ago

Lol! I use it every time I want to post here....Ok less and less..but i’m sure I make grammar and vocabulary mistakes
Sorry, I do not speak French again!

Pas besoin d'être désolé! Je commentais à quel point le flipper génial rassemble des gens du monde entier. C'est un grand passe-temps!

No need to be sorry! I was commenting how awesome pinball brings people from all over the world together. It's a great hobby!

#441 4 years ago

Oui, etre prof ocćupe pas mal de temps...ils sont fous de donner autant de devoirs!
C’est cool le boulot que tu fais, hate de voir le résultat. Bon courage camarade.

Quoted from marioparty34:

Pas besoin d'être désolé! Je commentais à quel point le flipper génial rassemble des gens du monde entier. C'est un grand passe-temps!
No need to be sorry! I was commenting how awesome pinball brings people from all over the world together. It's a great hobby!

Thanks guys. French party! Time to time it’s cool to switch but english is great to spread infos without borders for sure.

1 week later
#442 4 years ago

Great work!
Any news regarding the lightshow stuff? Tks

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Great work!

No.

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Great work!

What I know is he has to fix a bug. Hope Multimorphic could help. Buddy, do you hear me?

#446 4 years ago

Hello again!!
I am si excited expecting my kit for upgrade TOTAN
When do you think Will have units?

Thanks

#447 4 years ago

What I know is he has to fix a bug. Hope Multimorphic could help. Buddy, do you hear me?

thanks for your message. yeai you mean the firmware update? yes, I still hope they'll do something about it. This could profit to all the P-ROC owners and project with great lightshow effects. There is still hope. maybe...

I should be able to share a kit if they do. I'm currently in test phase: I'm testing a Linux (Ubuntu) configuration with TOTAN 2.0 on it. I should be able to start real gameplay video soon. I hesitate if I plug the LCD or the RGB LED display yet since both are possible with this project. Maybe the LCD is better for videos...

#448 4 years ago
Quoted from Hunico:

Hello again!!
I am si excited expecting my kit for upgrade TOTAN
When do you think Will have units?
Thanks

THanks!
I've started the test phase, my first computer kit is there... waiting for few stuff for videos...
I've created new sounds that I need to add, I also need adding lightshows which are not finished as I already explain (see message above). I'll know more in the following weeks but as far as the code goes, all the modes are there and the rules too, ending and so on. It now needs to survive real playing !

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

thanks for your message. yeai you mean the firmware update? yes, I still hope they'll do something about it. This could profit to all the P-ROC owners and project with great lightshow effects. There is still hope. maybe...

Man... I'm really curious how the New light show effects will look. I've been enjoying following this thread, watching the amazing attention to detail that has been made on the software, sounds and display. I'd have to guess that requested Light Light show change would bring the game up to another level.
I don't imagine CGC remaking this game anytime soon so I think people would jump on a sweet upgrade of their games.

Gerry any chance on this?

#450 4 years ago

Hey guys. Integrating the zero cross circuit into the P-ROC isn't going to happen now. It would be a huge project with tons of ramifications to all P-ROC users and isn't really even necessary. I've offered noitbe1 a couple of different ways to get similar results, and based on some discussions in the #pindev slack channel, it sounds like he's now exploring use of the aux bus logic to get higher resolution control of the GI. That's absolutely the best path forward.

If I can find the code I wrote for BoP/AFM to implement regular drivers with the aux-bus logic, I'll share it. Maybe some of the other P-ROC projects that used the code will share their implementations. Otherwise, I can talk anybody through it. Driving the GI through the aux-logic is simple. Maintaining control of the other drivers on the same enable line is a little bit less simple, but it's nothing a good software dev couldn't work through in day or less. I implemented the Virtual Drivers in pyprocgame to do most of the work for you.

- Gerry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 119.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
There are 913 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-software-rewrite-on-p-roc-twilight-melody/page/9?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.