Topic Stats

• 494 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 82 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

punchout (resized).png
1AAE732C-729F-4594-9BD5-FAAAC34E2649 (resized).jpeg
188102BF-AADD-49C0-8E45-ED25F3DCA9BC (resized).jpeg
7E306528-26A5-4B5A-B7AF-03BBAAD36A43 (resized).jpeg
flying_carpet (resized).png
camel_race3 (resized).png
flyibg_horse (resized).png
vlob (resized).jpg
alibaba_col (resized).png
skeleton3-6 (resized).png
shell_game2 (resized).png
setting_2ndquest (resized).png
2D94F261-96B0-46BF-BFB2-B2683206DE18 (resized).png
33D94195-3B41-4177-BA07-2FCD094ECECF (resized).png
F066655A-B057-4257-B87E-39953CDD00A6 (resized).png
F3287305-E8A5-4436-9B57-379E91BA8A95 (resized).png

There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 10 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

great color pick

I didn't get what was the issue... you may start your own thing: project like this can be created with MPF.

this is not a MPF project, this is a pyprocgame
MPF no longer support good old dmds ... unfortunatly

#352 10 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

If this kills the vibes, my feeling is it might not be the only thing which might bugs you: lot of things will be new.
This project is personnal and closed and far from the original. I'm sorry but I'm not altruist enough to change this things since I like it and it ask several hours of unwanted work. Again... this thing is not commercial based.
Please see it like a homebrew thing as anyone is free to code his own P-ROC things (I don't come from the pinball world). No offense but I don't want to debate forever on my choice but I'm happy to share my progress. If you can't read something I can translate it for you. That's, for most part, the same stuff as it was from original.

I'm not trying to be critical or telling you how to do your project, so please don't take it that way. As someone who's very interested in this project, I'm just saying that I literally can't tell if the words below are English. Are they? Some other screens like high scores I can sort of make out, but the dots make this font extremely difficult to tell what they say. I haven't watched all the videos, so not sure how much screen reading is necessary in the heat of the game, and whether this is the font used for mode instructions, etc. Just an observation.

2019-09-05_13-52-51 (resized).png

#353 10 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm not trying to be critical or telling you how to do your project, so please don't take it that way. As someone who's very interested in this project, I'm just saying that I literally can't tell if the words below are English. Are they? Some other screens like high scores I can sort of make out, but the dots make this font extremely difficult to tell what they say. I haven't watched all the videos, so not sure how much screen reading is necessary in the heat of the game, and whether this is the font used for mode instructions, etc. Just an observation.
[quoted image]

#354 10 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

[quoted image]

thanks for your interest.
"free game at" for this one. If you check the 1.4, that's the same pattern of frame at the beginning. This font is rarely used during the game. One day I might make a setting for it to switch but it's not priority now. The "color" thing might already takes a while... and I'm far to be done with the testing.

#355 10 months ago

are you guys twins?

#356 10 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

MPF no longer support good old dmds ... unfortunatly

I ought to jump in with a quick correction. MPF does support traditional DMD with P-ROC. It's the next generation pyprocgame (the HD version, and the SkeletonGame framework that uses it) which dropped DMD support.

#357 10 months ago

So besides the DMD, Is there any rules that are getting expanded on this PROC version of TOTAN?

#358 10 months ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So besides the DMD, Is there any rules that are getting expanded on this PROC version of TOTAN?

everything to know is in post 1. (then the rest maybe...)

#359 10 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

[quoted image]

here is the decode for this font: the one below in same order.

font (resized).png
#360 10 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

everything to know is in post 1. (then the rest maybe...)

Awesome. Good luck!

#361 10 months ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Awesome. Good luck!

Thanks.

1 week later
#362 10 months ago

bolero in color also in WIP:

#363 10 months ago

color shared was for the LCD but here is on a real RGB dmd display

#364 10 months ago

The video doesn’t do justice to the real color.
Those colors looks gorgeous on this dmd.

#365 10 months ago

A big thanks to Joerg which help me to plug my project to the RGB display.
PIN2DMD seems to be an amazing project and Joerg a really dedicated person and helpful which is more and more rare.
Joerg, you’re the man.

#366 10 months ago

Really great to see your progress. Do you know if this would work with the ColorDMD hardware? I already have one installed in ToTAN, so that would be ideal. I'm sure I could resell it to someone if it is incompatible.

#367 10 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Really great to see your progress. Do you know if this would work with the ColorDMD hardware? I already have one installed in ToTAN, so that would be ideal. I'm sure I could resell it to someone if it is incompatible.

When I started looking at the color: I have contacted the guy (forgot his name sorry) in charge for the colorDMD and he told me it would be too limited in colors and way too complicated (2 conversions to do)
The challenge didn’t scared me but the color did so I let it go... so no there no compatibility with color DMD. I ve found my own way to colorize my project. This will be available for those displays:

1-Good old dot matrix
2-LCD
3-RGB led display (dot)

Option 2 and 3 will no longer require the WPC audio/video board. Only the WPC driver board will be left on the backbox with the P ROC

#368 10 months ago

LCD vs RGB led comparison. Here is RGB led, lcd video is just above. Again the color doesn’t do justice...

#369 10 months ago

I've reworked my code and improved the RGB framerate which is better now.
I'll put the demo of the 3 screens on post 1 with the new RGB Led improvement.

#370 10 months ago

Looks great!!

#371 10 months ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Looks great!!

Thanks. What’s funny is LCD and RGB led has some differences, both are interesting.
Since the RGB is a bit bright, the colors doesn’t show well on video. The brightness is adjustable, I’m working on it

#372 9 months ago

here is the brightness control in the settings for the RGB Led display. I set it to 24 values but in real it could go through 240.

The maximum is really bright for info

#373 9 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

here is the brightness control in the settings for the RGB Led display. I set it to 24 values but in real it could go through 240.
The maximum is really bright for info

It's an amazing amount of dedication you have into this... Damn. Looking at the video, with the P-roc you can adjust solenoid current settings?

#374 9 months ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

It's an amazing amount of dedication you have into this... Damn. Looking at the video, with the P-roc you can adjust solenoid current settings?

The service interface comes from the CCC. I have to say I thought it was great and didn’t feel the need to do something different for the Totan. Thanks to epthegeek for his work on that. Same as CCC pretty much everything will be adjustable knowing the number means pulse time. It can help a lot if a coil is tired or something is not set right... that s one advantage of the custom software.

#375 9 months ago

Out of topic a bit. I’ve found those pic of the prototypes totan and in color. The pics are nott in great quality but the we can see that the backglass art had changed a lot and the lamp designwas different...

27AEACFB-86F8-4DC6-933F-328AECBDAA98 (resized).png2D94F261-96B0-46BF-BFB2-B2683206DE18 (resized).png33D94195-3B41-4177-BA07-2FCD094ECECF (resized).png56D61467-69E0-4869-B2F5-E3AD00891697 (resized).png89EEA071-7D1F-4BB2-B86A-4597F06C7175 (resized).png9EC0A470-90A9-4810-82DF-B5705E3AB847 (resized).pngF066655A-B057-4257-B87E-39953CDD00A6 (resized).pngF3287305-E8A5-4436-9B57-379E91BA8A95 (resized).png
#377 9 months ago

Also the totan concept history... concept choice and so on

http://www.core77.com/reactor/pinball/

#378 9 months ago

Yeah this is one of the greatest pins ever made. Lots of low IQ J-Pop haters on Pinside but the fact is he’s made 3 of the top 20 pins and 4 of the top 50. Only a couple guys in his league

Good luck with your project

#379 9 months ago

Thanks to the help of Joerg (PIN2DMD) the perfomance of the RGB display has been improved again. I think it's closed to the LSD and alosst perfect now.

video with the last improvments to follow

#380 9 months ago

Thanks for pushing this PIN2DMD P-ROC project
I uploaded a rotated version of the video here

#381 9 months ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Thanks for pushing this PIN2DMD P-ROC project
I uploaded a rotated version of the video here

Thanks. I did the video with an iphone and it was not color friendly. Colors with RGB led are really vivid.

#382 9 months ago

Si suffisamment de personnes intéresseés, je peux éventuellement rajouter une version de la langue de Molière (textes seulement bien sûr) dans les paramètres. Contactez moi via PM.

#383 9 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Out of topic a bit. I’ve found those pic of the prototypes totan and in color. The pics are nott in great quality but the we can see that the backglass art had changed a lot and the lamp designwas different...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Never realized the blue zig zag lights up the center represent Genie smoke

#384 9 months ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Never realized the blue zig zag lights up the center represent Genie smoke

Yes. Removed after but interesting to see they did an art for it.

1 week later
#385 9 months ago

remember post 131: I've planned to add some hidden stuff... with a code in attract mode

One for sure will be the 2nd quest activation...

Some I'm still thinking...

I've also add color effects (completly useless) available for LCD or RGB led only: here are some effect samples on LCD:

black and white (if really popular, I might add this one in the settings...):

#386 9 months ago

disco...

#387 9 months ago

psychedelic...

2 months later
#388 7 months ago

Any new updates ?

#389 6 months ago
Quoted from pfinny:

Any new updates ?

Color and recode ongoing.
Color is at around 90% done. Color also made me redo animations completely along with other major changes. I’ll share more once color process finished.

1 week later
#390 6 months ago

Nice project, i will follow it with interrest!
I Hope you will release a Rom for sale.

#391 6 months ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

Nice project, i will follow it with interrest!
I Hope you will release a Rom for sale.

Thanks. There is no ROM. I don’t want to go too deep in details but ROM possibilities were very limited as far as memories. Modern board and new technologies let you control the pinball with a computer.
You might read the first post were it’s explained with more details.

1 month later
#392 5 months ago

my last real update was some time ago: reason why the color process takes a lot of time but the main reasons is I have reworked all my modes entirely.
- rethought the gameplay, try to balance with the others and shots.

I'm still not done but not too far. I have 3 modes left to rework. I wanted to share Sinbad in color to get a glimpse. This could be compared to the original video shared on post 158. I have obviously reworked the old DMD graphics as well but I'll shared the color one. This represent half way of the mode:

#393 5 months ago

Wow!!

#394 5 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

my last real update was some time ago: reason why the color process takes a lot of time but the main reasons is I have reworked all my modes entirely.
- rethought the gameplay, try to balance with the others and shots.
I'm still not done but not too far. I have 3 modes left to rework. I wanted to share Sinbad in color to get a glimpse. This could be compared to the original video shared on post 158. I have obviously reworked the old DMD graphics as well but I'll shared the color one. This represent half way of the mode:

Does your code include the original ROM and can you switch?

#395 5 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Does your code include the original ROM and can you switch?

Yes. The 1.4 version has been recoded along with the extension which is a second quest. Everything from 1.4 is there along with improvements, original bug fixed and so on. I have plan to open a possibility to start the 2nd quest first (actually reverse both) to actually be able to play both when desired with a setting or attract mode (Easter egg..)

1 week later
#396 4 months ago

quick update:
Still working on colorizing, modifying 2 modes included the finale. I think I'll need 2/3 weeks to finish and then hopefully start the real/hard testing.
I've implemented the setting to start with the second quest.
If the setting is set to "Yes", then you start with sequence 8 to 14 directly but at the end, it will be Genie first fight WM1. Once achieved, you have to beat the first 1.4 good old modes with the real finish. (I hope it's clear)
It will be also possible to activate this 2nd quest with the easter egg during attract mode: then this will be activated only for the current game and go back to normal after.

setting_2ndquest (resized).png

here are some attract mode addition animations. Those are part of the new modes.

I have with the P-ROC board a major constraint regarding the GI with LED (frequencywise...). There is no possibility to make any good effect with it so I need a firmware update to make it work properly and I asked Gerry (Multimorphic) if it could be done. Gerry nicely shared that it could but it takes time and resources...
If anyone is interrested by a Kit, let me know. Gerry told me that with enough people interested it could be done: It could help to push for this important update. Without it I would need to redo a lot of my lightning animations with removing all the GI effects I’ve done... because of the LED.... and it’s really unfortunate. The bulb and LED doesn’t react the same way and I cannot know what’s used inside the software (with LED no effect also...)

I have still work to be done but hope things get faster once the color will be finished.
Software is a lot of works and require a lot of testing to start. I may ask for a beta testing once I'll be ready, hopefully soon.

#397 4 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

quick update:
Still working on colorizing, modifying 2 modes included the finale. I think I'll need 2/3 weeks to finish and then hopefully start the real/hard testing.
I've implemented the setting to start with the second quest.
If the setting is set to "Yes", then you start with sequence 8 to 14 directly but at the end, it will be Genie first fight WM1. Once achieved, you have to beat the first 1.4 good old modes with the real finish. (I hope it's clear)
It will be also possible to activate this 2nd quest with the easter egg during attract mode: then this will be activated only for the current game and go back to normal after.
[quoted image]
here are some attract mode addition animations. Those are part of the new modes.

I have with the P-ROC board a major constraint regarding the GI with LED (frequencywise...). There is no possibility to make any good effect with it so I need a firmware update to make it work properly and I asked Gerry (Multimorphic) if it could be done. Gerry nicely shared that it could but it takes time and resources...
If anyone is interrested by a Kit, let me know. Gerry told me that with enough people interested it could be done: It could help to push for this important update. Without it I would need to redo a lot of my lightning animations with removing all the GI effects I’ve done... because of the LED.... and it’s really unfortunate. The bulb and LED doesn’t react the same way and I cannot know what’s used inside the software (with LED no effect also...)
I have still work to be done but hope things get faster once the color will be finished.
Software is a lot of works and require a lot of testing to start. I may ask for a beta testing once I'll be ready, hopefully soon.

that's great! I will be in for sure for a kit. I think this update is mandatory... I have LEDS everywhere on my TOTAN.
Thanks for this great work and advance on the Pinball world.
PM sent ...

#398 4 months ago

point me one for me...great update for my TOTAN!!!

#399 4 months ago
Quoted from Warzard:

that's great! I will be in for sure for a kit. I think this update is mandatory... I have LEDS everywhere on my TOTAN.
Thanks for this great work and advance on the Pinball world.
PM sent ...

Quoted from Hunico:

point me one for me...great update for my TOTAN!!!

Thanks for the support and the PMs.

#400 4 months ago

I'm in!!! Please let me know what to get. And I love the option to Be able to start with your new modes or the original.

Also, did you mention way back when. That you were thinking of making The fireball hurry up less frequent? That would be great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 16.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 494 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside