EC29B51B-7FA1-4FDC-A93B-F5C2269D532D (resized).jpeg
59F11762-7EDE-4E58-BA81-A3765B6CEE2B (resized).jpeg
col11 (resized).png
col9 (resized).png
col10 (resized).png
col8 (resized).png
col7 (resized).png
col6 (resized).png
There are 913 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 19.
#251 5 years ago

here is the new Super Genie Multiball:

- this mode is a 4 balls multiball and uses the 3rd ball lock (unused in the original software)
- there is some clue to activate it in the video and the rules too

there is a wink at another pin I like

this time the genie is reall angry...

jinn (resized).pngjinn (resized).png
#253 5 years ago

news regarding the rules:
For the ruby activation:
- before, activating the ruby was poorly used IMO because its only purpose was to activate a better "make a wish bonus".
So I've planned to change that so this activation would be part of a strategy:
Now activating the ruby would let you start also a better scoring genie multiball (super genie multiball), a better Harem multi and so on...

regarding the Fireball and lightning lamp multiball:
- in 2.0, now, one have to complete Fireball 1, 2 and 3 and same for lightning lamp. I thought it was a good idea that at the end of the third sequence, adding a 2 ball multiball (a little bit like the frenzy in CV when RM has to be beaten several times) to be tracked in attract mode as well.
Those are still in WIP.

3 weeks later
#254 4 years ago

Was that a “shadow” sound effect?!

#255 4 years ago

Great work! Will you be sharing your code for others to enjoy?

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Great work! Will you be sharing your code for others to enjoy?

Have been busy on my Alien lately... and yes, that’s the goal... I’m not too far to finish a first version but even after that, I could add more things.
What i have done since last video: new harem multiball. I might share a video for this.

What’s left:
Wizard mode 2: i have a lot of ideas in my head and this mode might take a lot of time to code... I have already started something.
Fireball multiball and lightning lamp multiball: again 2 ball multiball which could be launch after the end of the fireball 3 and LL 3. I’ll share more on this later.

And also.... lot of final testing, adjusting rule, score, lightning, modes ...

To run this software for those who are not familiar with P-ROC
I didn’t spent time on this too but I will share also how this work but basically: this run with a P-ROC board (provide by multimorphics) which replace the WPC CPU board (become useless then) and a computer which run this. For this last one I might help.
The sound can use either the original speakers, either external audio.

Last thing: this code now allow an auto launcher to be installed which, I have to say, add a lot to the gameplay.

#257 4 years ago

Great Job
Congratulations for your alíen
I will enjoy playing it

#258 4 years ago

For those who have a ColorDMD or are willing to install a LCD screen, are these graphics in color (or do you plan to colorize if not)? I have a ColorDMD in my TOTAN now which looks great, and all your cool new animations would look amazing in color!

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

For those who have a ColorDMD or are willing to install a LCD screen, are these graphics in color (or do you plan to colorize if not)? I have a ColorDMD in my TOTAN now which looks great, and all your cool new animations would look amazing in color!

Hi yes.
I have to say: I’m not a fan of the LCD. Reason why is I don’t get the I display dot on a high rez lcd emulation things. It’s just me but I like the real dots display.
Color DMD is different because I think it’s a real dmd. Colorizing the animations is a ton of work and I m not convinced with the final result... i prefer spending my time coding new modes which is already taking a lot of time. We are not talking about few hours work here...

CGC is using emulation (with Pygame) and LCD but the result look good with all those colors so if someone work on another software one day, it could be on High res like those ones.

I’m a nostalgic guy and like the old good dmd original genuine display.

Conclusion: if you have colors display, this project will not support it and might never will.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Hunico:

Great Job
Congratulations for your alíen
I will enjoy playing it

Thanks bud!
Anytime.

#261 4 years ago

Thank you for doing all of this. I am excited to one day try it out.

Marc

#262 4 years ago

I'm super excited for this. And I would like to start getting the parts needed so I can be ready if you release code, Or beta code.

I haven't been able to find a any 'how to convert to a wpc95 to a p-roc' , has anyone done a write up?

I didn't find the auto-launch-plunger assembly that was listed above , on pinballlife any longer.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=367 anyone know a replacement?

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Thank you for doing all of this. I am excited to one day try it out.
Marc

Quoted from pinballdork:

I'm super excited for this. And I would like to start getting the parts needed so I can be ready if you release code, Or beta code.
I haven't been able to find a any 'how to convert to a wpc95 to a p-roc' , has anyone done a write up?
I didn't find the auto-launch-plunger assembly that was listed above , on pinballlife any longer.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=367 anyone know a replacement?

thanks for your enthousiasm.

here is the kicker. Easy to find. That's the one used for CC and CV:

https://www.pinballlife.com/shooter-lane-auto-kicker-assembly.html

But... I need to explain a little more what I've done for the assembly for the screwing. We need to solder (a bit) and you need the cable with plugs to make it work. I can build cables but I'll do that when I'll done with the code.

There is no rush to get it now.

I'll documentate how to install the kicker once done and share more infos. The project is a bit on hold now because I need to deal with my real work and family..., but hopefully I'll work on it again really soon.

regarding "I haven't been able to find a any 'how to convert to a wpc95 to a p-roc' , has anyone done a write up?"
-> there is no conversion. You need to run the P-ROC board (with the WPC 95 plate) but obviously it needs a computer and a software to run it. For the PC and soft, I'll support it.

here is the link:

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p-roc/

the WPC CPU board, become useless (you keep it as extra). The computer become your new CPU. I hope it's more clear.

#264 4 years ago

Can you follow what DP did for the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 reguarding the P- roc conversion ?

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can you follow what DP did for the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 reguarding the P- roc conversion ?

Thanks for the advice.
This kit contains:

- Computer (runs the program)
- P-Roc Board
- Upgraded speakers (backbox speakers and a sub w/ amplifier)
- Different back panel (replaces the factory BOP one)
- color LCD panel

I’m not done with my program yet. For the lcd I’ve already stated than I don’t plan to add it.

Mine would be (at least for now)
P-ROC (buy on the website directly)
Computer
Kicker assembly (optional)
One cable (optional)
That’s it.

#266 4 years ago

Computer requirements are lower with the DMD and p-roc. You can run a new raspberry pi 3+ Which has enough power for the game. That helps a lot with costs

Quoted from noitbe1:

Thanks for the advice.
This kit contains:
- Computer (runs the program)
- P-Roc Board
- Upgraded speakers (backbox speakers and a sub w/ amplifier)
- Different back panel (replaces the factory BOP one)
- color LCD panel
I’m not done with my program yet. For the lcd I’ve already stated than I don’t plan to add it.
Mine would be (at least for now)
P-ROC (buy on the website directly)
Computer
Kicker assembly (optional)
One cable (optional)
That’s it.

#267 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Computer requirements are lower with the DMD and p-roc. You can run a new raspberry pi 3+ Which has enough power for the game. That helps a lot with costs

Thanks. What about the sound? It used to be not great on previous version.

1 month later
#268 4 years ago

after a long break (a month) I'm back on the project.
Currently working on the new fireball multiball.

Here is the Visual Pinball running Totan 2.0 Twilight melody. Maybe one day on Virtual pinball.
Vpinball (resized).pngVpinball (resized).png

Vpinball2 (resized).pngVpinball2 (resized).png
#269 4 years ago

The main tale challenge will be tough on this one so the idea is also to create alternate quests to vary the game and to be tracked within the best high scores.
For instance....
Launch and beat the bolero survival the maximum time possible.
Also, a score for the fireball which will add all the bonus from all the fireball sequences and the fireball multiball. The more the player will go, more chance the high score will be beaten.

Fireball multiball is done. I’ll now work on the lightning lamp multi.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

after a long break (a month) I'm back on the project.
Currently working on the new fireball multiball.
Here is the Visual Pinball running Totan 2.0 Twilight melody. Maybe one day on Virtual pinball.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great. It would be fun on visual pinball too!

#272 4 years ago

lightning lamp multiball has also been added in the code.
I'll try to share a video soon with those new modes added.

Regarding the finale (Wizard mode 2), I'm thinking implementing the same feature as we have in kingpin (capcom):
In kingpin, power decrease and sudden death can occur according to injuries. There is a power level according to it.

For the TOTAN, the genie will kill the player little by little with his strikes... meaning... the flipper power will decreased according to it. I need to test this feature and make sure it could be well implemented inside TOTAN 2.0.
If it does, I'll share more once more advanced.
KP1 (resized).pngKP1 (resized).pngKP2 (resized).pngKP2 (resized).png

1 week later
#273 4 years ago

wow this is impressive. thank you for your contribution to the pinball world. hopefully you will make some money once CGC comes out with TOTAN and your stuff may be used for it. i look forward to buying a license for my CGC totan if they make it and you sell this.

stuff like this is why pinball is the coolest community and the people are so awesome!!!

thank you

hog.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

wow this is impressive. thank you for your contribution to the pinball world. hopefully you will make some money once CGC comes out with TOTAN and your stuff may be used for it. i look forward to buying a license for my CGC totan if they make it and you sell this.
stuff like this is why pinball is the coolest community and the people are so awesome!!!
thank you
hog.

Thanks for your comment.

#275 4 years ago

Quick update:
I’m working on the WM2 which is the final mode of the game. I’ve done the first part and I’ve planned 3... we’ll see.
Once done, we could call officially Totan 2.0 a beta since all the mode will be done so I’m not too far from that.
Then I still need to add one or 2 things to properly ‘plug’ the modes within the game.
Once that also done: I’ll start the deep testing phase which will mainly consist of the cross modes integration. Also i need to balance the mode regarding rewards, jackpot ... to not have easy road like it used to and open new strategies.

For the videos of the latest mode hopefully soon if i find the time.

#276 4 years ago

1st post edited: rules

#278 4 years ago

Attract mode update:

#279 4 years ago

Hello, would this ever work with color dmd in the future? Thanks. Great work. Wow!!

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, would this ever work with color dmd in the future? Thanks. Great work. Wow!!

I think he said in previous post that he was not going to colorize it and would leave it up to someone else to possibly take on that task.

#281 4 years ago

to follow quick videos with the last additions. Everything is still in work in progress:

New Harem multiball: to be activated with the ruby
harem_multi (resized).pngharem_multi (resized).png

#283 4 years ago

Fireball multiball (to come after fireball 3)

fireball multi (resized).pngfireball multi (resized).png
#285 4 years ago

Lightning lamp multi (to come after LL3)

LL multi (resized).pngLL multi (resized).png
#287 4 years ago

and a glimpse of the Wizard Mode 2, this is the first part:

WM2 part1 (resized).pngWM2 part1 (resized).png
#289 4 years ago

Amazing!!

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

I think he said in previous post that he was not going to colorize it and would leave it up to someone else to possibly take on that task.

Yes

Thanks

#291 4 years ago

This is great. This title really needs this code enhancement.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is great. This title really needs this code enhancement.

I can’t say that for all the B/W but this one deserve better soft even if the original was fine.

1 week later
#293 4 years ago

update:
WM2 part 2 is almost done. Need to make some testing: I will make a part 3 so wizard mode 2 will have 3 challenges in total.

A new mode will be added: I've thinking, since the beginning of implementing a video mode's like. Regarding the other pins, some are great (Indy) some are not (CV...).
Anyway, I thought that instead of a mode with no flipper actions, I'm thinking of implementing a maze where the player needs to find the lamp but the ball shoot makes the animations accordingly. So it's not a real video mode but it has interactions with the shoot more than a regular mode because to go through the maze, one needs to aim ramp, loop and other shoots for instance. The shoots are really important since if the good direction is not chosen, the mode ends... I'll share mode once implemented and if it goes through the testing.

1 week later
#294 4 years ago

New mode has been added: "The Sultan's Palace"
the idea is to find the lamp inside a maze which is the Palace himself.
Player visits rooms depending of the shot till he may find the lamp which is hidden. A tool will help him.
This mode is hybrid with a video mode and a regular mode since the screen gets more interactions and the layout of shots depends of the position and it's played like a regular mode.
Video of gameplay soon. (1st post updated)
sultan1 (resized).pngsultan1 (resized).pngsultan2 (resized).pngsultan2 (resized).png

#295 4 years ago
sultan3 (resized).pngsultan3 (resized).png
#296 4 years ago

"the Sultan's Palace"
Navigate through the rooms is tricky with the flippers which make it more challenging than a regular video mode for me. No reflex here but tactic to aim the right shots, spot a target, check the lamp radar...

#297 4 years ago

a video to follow of Wizard Mode 2 Part 2 (3 parts in total)
WMpart2_1 (resized).pngWMpart2_1 (resized).png

#299 4 years ago

Coming along awesome. I’m picking up a totan soon and will be excited to implement this! Will this be available soon? Also, I noticed the original sounds were not triggering, various sound effects and what not, is it there and just not turned up? Maybe I just didn’t hear it. If it’s not, do you plans to implement it? Keep up the good work!

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Coming along awesome. I’m picking up a totan soon and will be excited to implement this! Will this be available soon? Also, I noticed the original sounds were not triggering, various sound effects and what not, is it there and just not turned up? Maybe I just didn’t hear it. If it’s not, do you plans to implement it? Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your message. For the music and sounds, everything is there: check post #5.
The original code has been 100% rewritten and is 100% the same as original. (That’s when I started this thread) I’ve edited the 1st post removed the history and intent on this.
This code is the base code AND the extension but i didn’t shared much on original code since all the owners knows it. I will share video of it once done with the extension so all the videos here are part this new extension.
For this project: difficult to say but basic answer is when it’s ready. Almost all the planned modes are there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 36.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 913 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-software-rewrite-on-p-roc-twilight-melody/page/6?hl=head_boss_hog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.