EC29B51B-7FA1-4FDC-A93B-F5C2269D532D (resized).jpeg
59F11762-7EDE-4E58-BA81-A3765B6CEE2B (resized).jpeg
col11 (resized).png
col9 (resized).png
col10 (resized).png
col8 (resized).png
col7 (resized).png
col6 (resized).png
There are 913 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.
#152 5 years ago

rule is to read page books on screen by targetting genie or 3 standups
- then either no genie, one or 2 apears on screen. Need to target the genie(s) from the book to move forward on the sequence by either hitting the left or right loop with the left of right captive ball (depends on genie position on screen).
If 2 genies appear, then there is a change to get a special reward if both genie are killed and that 3 times but... if the genie switch is hit again, the new pages apears and then it needs to bit start over for this.

#153 5 years ago

Notice that the make a wish with ruby does’nt give nessary an advance tale. It’s one bonus among other and no more advance tale in regular make a wish in TM.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Notice that the make a wish with ruby does’nt give nessary an advance tale. It’s one bonus among other and no more present in regular make a wish in TM.

Looks great

3 weeks later
#156 5 years ago

done with Sinbad. Here are the new challenges for the player:

kali (resized).pngkali (resized).pngskeleton (resized).pngskeleton (resized).pngthe roc (resized).pngthe roc (resized).png
#157 5 years ago

video to follow. Since it's like winter here and my TOTAN is in my garage, the post was a bit cold so I had to make the video by hand (cheating a bit) to reach the bumpers. Player this time needs to activate the loop diverter before reaching the bumpers.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

done with Sinbad. Here are the new challenges for the player:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking and sounding great.

#160 5 years ago

Amazing work. Will your work be made available to other owners?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Looking and sounding great.

Thanks. Still some bugs to correct. A lot of cleaning have been made with previous tales.
This tales misses some sounds too that i was still thinking of: monster attack for instance.
If not done by hand i think this mode will be a bit tricky to achieved till the end but that’s the idea.

#162 5 years ago

Like the other tales: if monsters attack too often the tale is over.

#163 5 years ago

Agreed! Looks and sounds amazing. It would be appreciated I’m sure if your soundremx was made available on Pinsound community. Keep up the great work...and go inside you look cold lol

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Agreed! Looks and sounds amazing. It would be appreciated I’m sure if your soundremx was made available on Pinsound community. Keep up the great work...and go inside you look cold lol

It’s freezing here (Paris)...
My wife hates pinball and doesn’t want any in the house. I’m not lucky like you guys...

#165 5 years ago

Are the new female Genie quotes you are using hidden in the original code? They sound great.

Of all the late Williams games, one of the sounds clips that doesn't sound right (to my ear)... is when you rescue the princess, and all of her 'rescue me' speech.

Are your new animations all done with Proc? Is creating video it time consuming? The female in your previous sample looks great, and the vids on this clip also looks very professional.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Are the new female Genie quotes you are using hidden in the original code? They sound great.
Of all the late Williams games, one of the sounds clips that doesn't sound right (to my ear)... is when you rescue the princess, and all of her 'rescue me' speech.
Are your new animations all done with Proc? Is creating video it time consuming? The female in your previous sample looks great, and the vids on this clip also looks very professional.

Thanks for this comment.
I’m using all the quotes from the original rom and sounds. For Scheherazade i need to check because yes it doesn’t sound right. Thanks for that.
Creating animations and video is really hard and time consuming. You basically have to draw each frame yourself. I would say 70/80% of the work so it’s huge. P-ROC is just a board. You have to define with code what will be display, the framerates and so on... the hardest part by far in my opinion.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I’m using all the quotes from the original rom and sounds. For Scheherazade i need to check because yes it doesn’t sound right. Thanks for that.

I'm sorry, i was referring to the sounds in the original game, not yours. the princess's voice acting sound amateur-ish' to me. at 0:41 and 2:28.

Quoted from noitbe1:

Creating animations and video is really hard and time consuming. You basically have to draw each frame yourself. I would say 70/80% of the work so it’s huge.

Damn!

#168 5 years ago

If you ever want to colorize this title when you are done, the p-roc can be colorized with ColorDMD provided you do the coloring. Its a fair amount of work but I bet it would look great!

#169 5 years ago

This is truly fantastic work. I would gladly pay for a copy when complete.

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

I'm sorry, i was referring to the sounds in the original game, not yours. the princess's voice acting sound amateur-ish' to me. at 0:41 and 2:28.

Damn!

The truth is: the finale is a melt of the good genie voices, the princess which can be scared.... or not. She changes her feeling for instance when she say ‘amazing’ with her tone: it doesn’t sound right. Anyway we only hear that during the finale so I woulnd’t see that it’s a big deal for the game. I’ve planed to change the real finale with something else more fun. On the other side I think the voice acting for this pin, along with its original music was one of the greatest of all the pin. Just listen to modern stern to compare but it’s just again my opinion.

#171 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If you ever want to colorize this title when you are done, the p-roc can be colorized with ColorDMD provided you do the coloring. Its a fair amount of work but I bet it would look great!

I was sure that someone will point this out at some point! Thanks for that.
Yes and I think I know how to do it since it has been done the same way on 2 other projects: indy and ccc.
I don’t have a color dmd and i prefered the original look of the game and the DMD dot display but i like coding so it would be fun for that. But not my taste.
I’m old fashoned: pins reminds me old times when i was at school so i like the vintage way of it

PS: not a big fan of color look dmd colors for the totan (comparing with other pins) if CGC do a remake one day, it should have a better resolution as it was done for MB remake

#172 5 years ago

Neither of those projects were colorized with the colordmd process.

Quoted from noitbe1:

I was sure that someone will point this out at some point! Thanks for that.
Yes and I think I know how to do it since it has been done the same way on 2 other projects: indy and ccc.
I don’t have a color dmd and i prefered the original look of the game and the DMD dot display but i like coding so it would be fun for that. But not my taste.
I’m old fashoned: pins reminds me old times when i was at school so i like the vintage way of it
PS: not a big fan of color look dmd colors for the totan (comparing with other pins) if CGC do a remake one day, it should have a better resolution as it was done for MB remake

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Neither of those projects were colorized with the colordmd process.

LCD. i didn’t spent too much time digging. No offense for the color dmd.

#174 5 years ago

We’ll be live streaming my new TOTAN tonight from around 7:00 PM until 9:00 Eastern U.S. time on http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous‬. If it’s alright with you I’d like to mention the amazing work you are doing on this TOTAN 2.0 remake. Please tune in!

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

We’ll be live streaming my new TOTAN tonight from around 7:00 PM until 9:00 Eastern U.S. time on http://twitch.tv/owlnonymous‬. If it’s alright with you I’d like to mention the amazing work you are doing on this TOTAN 2.0 remake. Please tune in!

Too bad you don't have the tweeked version.

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Too bad you don't have the tweeked version.

I’d pay a pretty penny to get it. Hoping that it’ll be done soon . . .and available.

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

It would be an honor and I hope one day it should be redone with it. Enthousiasm is also a motor for me and this project. I mean by that is that you need motivation too for this kind of adventure.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I’d pay a pretty penny to get it. Hoping that it’ll be done soon . . .and available.

There was talk years ago from PPS about 2.0 games ( FH and TOTAN or CV ) but nothing came of it. There was another Pinside member who started talking about tweeking the code but again... Nothing. So this is the most I've seen and hope it can come to life!
I've sold my TOTAN months back but it would be great for all the other owners out there.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

There was talk years ago from PPS about 2.0 games ( FH and TOTAN or CV ) but nothing came of it. There was another Pinside member who started talking about tweeking the code but again... Nothing. So this is the most I've seen and hope it can come to life!
I've sold my TOTAN months back but it would be great for all the other owners out there.

My plan is to finish this one and I will. I have already the 7 new tales but i ve planed to even improved them with new sounds and lightning effects, ajust/balance the rules and score. Next will be new fireballs, lightning lamp and hidden mode I ll share later. New multiballs,finale and so on. I really want to add contents to it for the player get the impressions that all the games will be different for each time and hidden stuff could be discovered times to times as long as fun stuff which code allows you to do. Also, I d like new contents to belong with the arabian nights spirit and the pin spirit as it was coded and not just add stuff with no real purpose: that’s my vision for this extension. Coding this is a lot of fun but take a lot of times.

#180 5 years ago

Your hard work and pride in what you do is clearly visable! Great job and thanks for sharing!

#181 5 years ago

So would this new gameplay be available as kit like Cactus Canyon Continued. I would really like a totan with the option of the original tales and the new style tales.

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

So would this new gameplay be available as kit like Cactus Canyon Continued. I would really like a totan with the option of the original tales and the new style tales.

thanks for your interest.
I don't plan to include this kind of choice even if it's possible. This project is a 2.0 so it's the original + an extension so the original is already included.
For me, it's like: you're running the 1.4 but you still need the 1.0 somewhere...

The thing I changed in the original software was: bug corrections, misspell, advance tale... No idea for the kit yet since I didn't spend time on this and still focusing on the code.

1 month later
#183 5 years ago

Any updates ?

#184 5 years ago

real jobs, kids and holidays didn't help for this project.

I've improved, debug the tales correct things and so on...

I'm working on the new fireball. I'd guess its 80% complete.

My plan for this new fireball is to create a set of 3 different sequences of fireballs: the old fireball is fireball 1, and fireball 2 and 3 are new. Once all 3 will be completed a new set of fireball can be acheived.

The idea is to create a new champ too for this (nb of set acheived). I'll share a new video once it will be completed..

1 week later
#185 5 years ago

quick update:
in my P-ROC project: the serial pin number is hard coded. I though it was cool to keep it. It's possible to edit it in the code as long as the new revision 2.0. See picture. (same as "test report")

I'm in touch with Gerry (Multimorphic) to get a new updated firmware for the P-ROC which could improve (a lot) the GI effects (only for WPC). I'll share videos if I could get it for the new sequences or demonstratons. I can't wait, thanks Gerry!

new fireball is done. It's currently really cold here so I'll share a video when it will be warmer

I'll start working on new sequence for the lightning lamp: same idea as fireball, 2 new lightning lamps sequences specific to the 2.0 to have 3 in total.

Last thing: there will be a second possibility to activate the 2nd quest with the new tales with the "make a wish" with the ruby. However it will be hard to get... but still.

start (resized).pngstart (resized).png
#186 5 years ago

forgot to mention: to be honest I was not a big fan of the fireball sequence which occurs way too often during gameplay.
To change that, I have increase the number of hits to launch it to make it more desirable...

The fact that fireball 2 and 3 are different may give some variety gameplaywise.

So during gameplay, getting the fireball set (3 of them) will be much harder to get and I'll track the total bonus and the number of set won within the champ (tracking mode)

Also, I don't plan to include bonus amount to be change inside the setting. I want to reduce the setting possibility for the gameplay because I don't see the point to set too many things for a game unlike it was originaly.

3 weeks later
#187 5 years ago

2 new lightning modes has been coded. That's make 11 new modes total for now. I've planned also to add new bonus for "make a wish" to make it more disirable.
I'll try to share video of those new sequences (fireballs too). The new rules could be guessed on it.

- next step will be the super genie multiball and maybe another multiball (needs to think of it).

#188 5 years ago

here comes the new fireball:

fireball (resized).pngfireball (resized).png
#189 5 years ago

quick video to follow. Sorry the sound is not great (plugged to a small speaker..)

#190 5 years ago

fireball 2:

#191 5 years ago

fireball 3:

#192 5 years ago

and... new lightning lamp sequence. There is a new gameplay but easy to figure out on the screen...

Lightning lamp 2 and 3 have differences though.(gameplaywise)
lightning lamp (resized).pnglightning lamp (resized).png

#193 5 years ago

lightning lamp 2:

#194 5 years ago

and... lightning lamp 3:

#195 5 years ago

...as always, still some things I'll need to fix but wanted to share anyway.

#196 5 years ago

Wow, great stuff man. This will be quite an amazing new code when finished. Can’t wait to see finished product!!!

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Wow, great stuff man. This will be quite an amazing new code when finished. Can’t wait to see finished product!!!

Thanks for your comment. Next is a new multiball. I’ll be harder and more fun (for me at least) than the original with more things to do. Good multiball add a lot of fun and interest too.

#198 5 years ago

I forgot to mention: the mask animation visible in lightning lamp comes from the Vizier in the « golden voyage of Sinbad ». One of the best old movie of Sinbad.

8A98D7FF-5056-4130-A1F7-FA2C8CAB8D93 (resized).png8A98D7FF-5056-4130-A1F7-FA2C8CAB8D93 (resized).png
#199 5 years ago

Great job. You’ve definitely have put a lot of effort and time into this.

#200 5 years ago

Looks great!! Just restored my totan to mint condition
I’m new to P-roc can you explain how to run your code on any pin when you are ready?
What do I need to do? And will you share or sell the software?
Thanks and keep up the good work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 36.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 119.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

There are 913 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-software-rewrite-on-p-roc-twilight-melody/page/4?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.