Topic Stats

• 564 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by noitbe1
  • Topic is favorited by 64 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 84 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

game_mode (resized).png
E66A3545-47F0-4185-B6B0-427B47FF35CD (resized).jpeg
punchout (resized).png
1AAE732C-729F-4594-9BD5-FAAAC34E2649 (resized).jpeg
188102BF-AADD-49C0-8E45-ED25F3DCA9BC (resized).jpeg
7E306528-26A5-4B5A-B7AF-03BBAAD36A43 (resized).jpeg
flying_carpet (resized).png
camel_race3 (resized).png
flyibg_horse (resized).png
vlob (resized).jpg
alibaba_col (resized).png
skeleton3-6 (resized).png
shell_game2 (resized).png
setting_2ndquest (resized).png
2D94F261-96B0-46BF-BFB2-B2683206DE18 (resized).png
33D94195-3B41-4177-BA07-2FCD094ECECF (resized).png

There are 564 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 3 months ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Maybe this is something I can help with. I have extensive PC hardware experience, coding in a few languages and some custom hardware and microcontroller experience (we do a lot of Arduino based mods now). I also have a TOTAN and was getting ready to start working on my own unrelated P-ROC3 custom game. Power supplies just arrived for that project and I need to order boards from multimorphic next. I have a some PCs and components here that I could use and maybe even recommend a hardware solution. Spooky and JJP both use full blown PCs and I will have both here in a few weeks (waiting on my R&M) so I'm quite familiar with their setup.
If it is something I can help you with I would be interested. I have my TOTAN for sale but not needing to move it right away.

I do appreciate the offer. Tks

3 weeks later
#552 3 months ago

The hand/help I was expecting for the kit with the computer might never come after all. Please PM me if anyone has experience with building a board/PC with optimize configuration.
Tks. This project needs to move on.

2 weeks later
#553 75 days ago

after a long break on the code, here is something new.

I' ve create a settings for the first quest. Just a quick reminder, for this extension, the first game was the final 1.4 version delivered by Williams. The rules are way too easy for me so I've created a setting to switch 1.4 or 2.0 with 2.0 the default rules. The reason why is the 2nd quest is much more harder and the balance of the game will not be the same with first modes way too easy.

here are the new rules:
Forty theives: 3 ramps instead of one
Flying horse: no change
Scheherazade: at least 4 books opened instead of one
Cyclops: 5 orb hits instead of one
Camel race: start the race in 8th place instead of fourth
Sinbad: kill 5 rocs with the bumpers. The bumpers might need to be reached several times then
Ali baba: no change

here is the camel race with new rules for instance:

#554 75 days ago

Sinbad;

#555 75 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

after a long break on the code, here is something new.
I' ve create a settings for the first quest. Just a quick reminder, for this extension, the first game was the final 1.4 version delivered by Williams. The rules are way too easy for me so I've created a setting to switch 1.4 or 2.0 with 2.0 the default rules. The reason why is the 2nd quest is much more harder and the balance of the game will not be the same with first modes way too easy.
here are the new rules:
Forty theives: 3 ramps instead of one
Flying horse: no change
Scheherazade: at least 4 books opened instead of one
Cyclops: 5 orb hits instead of one
Camel race: start the race in 8th place instead of fourth
Sinbad: kill 5 rocs with the bumpers. The bumpers might need to be reached several times then
Ali baba: no change
here is the camel race with new rules for instance:

Sinbad still seems too easy . Did the sound change as well? I loved the sound of pop bumper hits in this mode !

#556 75 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Sinbad still seems too easy . Did the sound change as well? I loved the sound of pop bumper hits in this mode !

Sometimes, on my totan, only one bumper is hit for one shot so either you’re lucky either you may have to reach several left loop to reach 5 in total.
The left loop shot is hard on totan because it’s narrow. I may increase the nb to 6 or 7 hits maybe.

The sounds are the ones from the original game, no change on that. Maybe my PC sound is not that good.

#557 75 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Sometimes, on my totan, only one bumper is hit for one shot so either you’re lucky either you may have to reach several left loop to reach 5 in total.
The left loop shot is hard on totan because it’s narrow. I may increase the nb to 6 or 7 hits maybe.
The sounds are the ones from the original game, no change on that. Maybe my PC sound is not that good.

Either way is a improvement than the current code.
I no longer have my totan but it's still nice to see its getting some attention on making it a better game !

#558 73 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Either way is a improvement than the current code.
I no longer have my totan but it's still nice to see its getting some attention on making it a better game !

Too bad you no longer have it, maybe one day it will be back.

After testing I realized that the Sultan’s Palace is really hard... I mean really.
So I’m thinking of ways to make it more affordable:

A little reminder of the rule: you need to progress inside the Palace which is a labyrinth to find the lamp. Your shoot makes you progress.
This mode is a semi video mode since you interact with your shoot on the screen.
The ramp shoot: you move forward
The genie target: rearward
Left loop: left
Right loop: right

You have to go though the palace, which is a bit a labyrinth, to find the lamp.
To help you on that, there is a lamp poping up on the screen: the fastest it shows energy, the closer you get...
The thing is: if you want to go to an area and you shot which was not done on purpose, you will go the other way... and so on which make it really hard to progress.

So I’m thinking 2 things to ease the difficulty:
Your location is saved and with a timer, even after the mode ends, you can go back to where you were if you can launch the mode again.
There are secret passage in the Palace to help you to progress much more rapdly to the lamp.

I need to make those set up and will share more.

1 month later
#559 29 days ago

Any progress on this noitbe1 ?

#560 28 days ago
Quoted from PinPeet:

Looking forward to difficult! I agree that balance scoring is really important as well. Thanks for the reply

yes there are. Some I will share in the future and still in progress.
Here is new: the major one would be a new mode as it was part of a discussion with "cheeks" at some point, here was his comment:

Quoted from Cheeks:

If this ever comes to fruition, I really hope you consider mixing in the new modes with the old modes, rather than needing to beat all the old ones before encountering the new ones.
I have TOTAN and like the game alright, but none of the original modes are cool or all that fun. Most of the new modes look like they are. I'd hate to see new life breathed into this game, but still be forced to labor through ALL the original modes first, when you'd rather play the new ones. Finding a way to mix them together so it's more a pool of 14 that you pull from would intermix the old and the new and would allow the game to feel fresh from the start rather than a "chore" followed by some payoff.
As a possible compromise, even if they weren't all available from the beginning, maybe beating an original mode unlocks the new version. So if you beat cyclops-original first, then cyclops-new is available along with the other 6 original modes.
While BoP 2.0 has all new modes, I think Dutch made this same mistake. You have to beat all small wheel modes before you ever see the big wheel modes. Most people rarely see them, and thus playing the small wheel modes all of the time feels too repetitive.

I am working on a new mode to be star trek like with the tales selection:
The principle is that in this mode is: instead of beating the 7 old tales in the row, go to WM and move on to the second quest, for this new mode, the idea, is that the second version of the tale will be available after beating the first one. So the tale selection for a dedicated tale will stop after beating both tales: old and new.
Then, what doesn't change is, the WM1 will be available one you beat the 7 old tales like it was but everything is mixed.
In this way, the "extension" will be accessible early during the game by the possibilities to access those new tales more easily.

The "start trek" mode will be the default mode and the other mode still available in the setting.

I've plan to remove the 2nd quest access in the setting first because there is no point to keep this option anymore. On the other mode "Gouls and Ghost"'s like, you will start by the old tales first no matter what.

It's almost like 2 games in one and could change the strategies for the game. All the tales are balanced as far as scoring.

#561 28 days ago

Sounds amazing! Thanks for the update

#562 28 days ago

Can't wait buddy! Keep up the good work....

2 weeks later
#563 7 days ago

quick update:

A way has been found to make the RGB Led works properly, at last!, with fluid and fast animations as it is with the LCD. I now have the same performance for all 3 supported screen!
Again, I think the RGB Led the best screen and HQ screen to replace the old dot matrix.
To do that, the whole project has been modified to redo all the scheduled and time animations. It has required some time and testing.

The RGB Led fit perfectly the old Dot matrix and replace it as a genuine component and is plugged directly on the driver board as well. This screen is amazing.

Another thing is, the overall performance of the project has been improved and the booting time has be reduced to around 10s which is crazy fast to run a High level language such as python with a OS and all the assets I have in there... remember, the good old chip was pretty limited as far as memory....This duration is close from the original hardware.

I've been helped A LOT on this performance stuff and I can't thank enough my teammate for that: the best practice from MPF has been included in here.

I need to finalize some stuff and might be able to share a new video with those improprements.

#564 5 days ago

the new mode has been implemented, and 2 type of game are possible:

game_mode (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 39.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Concealed Art
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 564 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside