20%
  • Sky Blue 0 votes
  • Purple (if available) 1 vote
    20%
  • Dark Grey 1 vote
    20%
  • Black 1 vote
    20%

(Multiple choice - 5 votes by 2 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Hi everyone.... I spent some good time making these rubberized plastic edge protectors for TOTAN (see the RED things in the pic!) and I figured that they might be something worth selling at some point... but I would love to get some feedback on them to ensure they are of quality and of decent fitment to most people's liking. Because these are semi-flexible, they pretty much stretch right on and stay put nicely as they are a bit grabby, no glue or adhesive needed! These are 3D printed out of TPU which is Thermoplastic Polyurethane and I expect them to last for 10+ years or maybe even beyond. (https://tractus3d.com/materials/tpu/)

I have 3 things I'm curious about...

1. I will send a set of these to the first TWO TOTAN owners in the USA that would be willing to give me some time and feedback on how they fit etc.

2. I'm wondering about colors... mine are red because that was the material that I had on hand... it doesn't look bad per se, but I would be curious about other colors that might be of interest to people (GOLD is NOT an option currently, but I will look into it). I don't think that CLEAR will be good either as they will really show dirt. The colors available to me right now are here -> https://shop.fillamentum.com/collections/all?uff_xte7so_tags=Flexfill%20TPU%2098A. I attached a poll for this question!!

3. Price... for a set of 3, what would you pay given that they should last the life of your game? I was thinking $20. It does take 2.5 hours to print a set of 3 of these.

thanks, hit me up with questions etc!
Jess, Fort Collins, CO
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2 2 years ago

Interesting...I could test these out for you. I'm curious to see how they potentially help with the ball rebounding all over when they hit that edge
- Mike

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Interesting...I could test these out for you. I'm curious to see how they potentially help with the ball rebounding all over when they hit that edge
- Mike

mikehoss1414 send me a DM with your address and I will drop a pack of three of them into the mail this week for you to try out.

My game DOES have the plexi on the left side, but I didn't have it in there for the pic. I did have to slightly bend the left side metal guides a tad to get the plexi in there with the new protectors, but it is nice and solid now.

#4 2 years ago

I'll try them out for you.

Mark

#5 2 years ago

I did this when i had a Totan years ago with clear fish tank tubing. The edges would lift over time though.

#6 2 years ago

Mank DM me your address and I will drop a set in the mail for you as well.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I did this when i had a Totan years ago with clear fish tank tubing. The edges would lift over time though.

I saw your post from a long time ago... it was what inspired me to do this! Hopefully these stay put and protect the steel from getting all smashed down over time!

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from mhavoc:

I saw your post from a long time ago... it was what inspired me to do this! Hopefully these stay put and protect the steel from getting all smashed down over time!

Thanks man!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-skill-shot-metal-edge-protector-feeback- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.