Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dmacy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Well I am wondering what strength Shooter Spring everyone is using in their TOTAN?
With a regular spring it doesn't seem to have enough power to get the third basket.
I went with a higher power spring but it popped my custom shooter knob right off after a while.
Just though others might have some suggestions.
Thanks
Magicchiz

#2 8 years ago

Manual calls for the blue. No custom shooter rod on mine, so never had that problem.

#3 8 years ago

same here, same spring that was in the game when I got it. but I do see his point about making it into the third basket. that's why they call it a skill shot.lol

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 8 years ago

I've used the blue and depending on the pitch, it sometimes won't make it to the top basket. I like my machines steep and fast so I experimented for a few hours when I got my TOTAN. I ended up with the red spring and saw that some of HEP's machines have red springs in his too.

I'd try a red and see what you think. I also experimented with adding a washer or pulling one. Ended up with no extra washers and red spring. For mine and the pitch, this was about perfect. Original shooter rod.

#5 8 years ago

I used the red spring and it popped my custom shooter knob right off after about 50 or so games. It worked great while it lasted.
Guess I just need to try fastening the knob on better.
Magicchiz

#6 8 years ago

Wow! Interesting! Yeah I'd try that. The red is strong but wow!

Do you have an E clip on the rod or just an original bent clip?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
13,000 (Firm)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-shooter-spring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.