(Topic ID: 86307)

TOTAN Scoop: Dialing it in…where should the ball be delivered?

By snaroff

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My scoop was occasionally throwing the ball right down the middle. I made some minor adjustments to the kicker and scoop position and it no longer does this.

The best I've been able to do is get the scoop to throw the ball to the tip of the right flipper. Is this how other TOTAN's behave? Would be nice to get the ball delivered closer to the sweet spot of the right flipper, but maybe that isn't how it's designed. Note: the scoop is in great condition and no welds are broken.

Thanks for any help.

#2 5 years ago

Steve: mine will consistently deliver the ball to a range between the middle of the right flipper and the bushing of the right flipper itself (with the right flipper at rest).

Perhaps check the tip of your armature for wear?

Good luck in the tweak.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks Neil. Armature looked fine, but still didn't look aligned properly. The tip is concave, so if it isn't aligned properly with the scoop/ball, it's not going to throw the ball precisely.

I bent the coil bracket to align the armature and it's hitting the right flipper ~1" from the tip now. This is definitely an improvement and plays well. Still doesn't seem consistent with yours. Would be interesting to get a couple more data points to better understand how it's suppose to behave

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside