(Topic ID: 198648)

TOTAN remake needs to happen

By Doctor6

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mamawaldee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 6 years ago

My wife wants TOTAN, price now over $9k... time for remake. This is nuts.
No pinball should be more than $7k, screw markets. As soon as it hits $7k, remake it for $7k.

I tried to get into CCC at VFW, this year the PROC was flakey as hell, year before that the line was just too long and only got a couple games on it. I wanted to like it, but just couldn't. The layout and toys are interesting enough, but the code sucked. I hope they remake it for those that want it.

Monster Bash should be next, and has my money. Either the remake or an original for a better price than today. Lots of MB for sale lately, and taking a lot longer to sell than they used to. I will wait and save up for it. CGC can take their time.

JPOOP is a dick ripping people off, and I would not buy anything new related to him. He should just go away for good. But his old games appear to be works of playable art to me. I have CV, TOTAN would look great along side of it, but not at $9k+.

I paid $3.3k for CV in 2006 from a retailer, at the time I didn't know any better. At least it's a nice example, so compared to todays insane prices I don't feel bad for overpaying. Feel bad for anybody trying to get into pinball these days.

These prices today are just bonkers, long live PPS/CGC and the remakes!

6 months later
#53 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Just tell your wife that you don't buy poorly designed, shallow machines. She will understand. I don't get it. Paying 9K for TOTAN feels like paying 9K for Avengers or Avatar. No thanks.

I hear ya. Poorly designed and shallow, maybe.
But it is very, very pretty, and has a feature-packed appearance. I'm afraid she won't understand.
There is one on location about an hour away, and we will be playing the VFW example again soon. I like the game, but don't get to play it enough to get bored with it. I would consider getting one if not for the insane price.

Quoted from TRAMD:

The price needs to be higher to make a remake worthwhile. MM and AFM had crossed into $10k+ range for a nice one. TOTAN isn't there quite yet. CC, BBB, MB and KP are all there and seem more likely and I wrote them in the order I'd be most likely to purchase.

PPS/CGC will absolutely release in the order that nets the most profit. When they release the currently highest price machine and knock it down, the next highest price machine goes up to take the lead. I'm not counting the Capcom games, just Williams. I have played BBB many times and don't care much for it. KP doesn't interest me, neither does King Kong or any of the other really insane priced games. CCC is a maybe, but would need that price cut by a lot more than just half.

Like a lot of others, I assume MB is next, but CGC screwed up royally by not announcing it at TPF. Even if it's not ready, they could have still given us the title.

As a result I went and bought something else.

Seems like the nice dip in MB prices is over, they are going up fast again. Whether I go original or remake only depends on what happens to the prices on originals, and whether a local one pops up. Since I started looking, there has never been a MB anywhere near me for less than $10k.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 36.95
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mamawaldee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-remake-needs-to-happen?tu=mamawaldee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.