(Topic ID: 198648)

TOTAN remake needs to happen

By Doctor6

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

I can't be the only person that would eat up one of these. A new one probably costs more than a remake at this point. Anyone agree/disagree?

#2 6 years ago

Yeah i'd be all over this, make it happen CGC!

#3 6 years ago

Yes please. Currently it's the only potential remake I've heard about that I'd consider buying.

#4 6 years ago

remake would cost more than just buying one. Doesn't make sense to remake a game you can get cheaper than what they will probably charge for it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

remake would cost more than just buying one. Doesn't make sense to remake a game you can get cheaper than what they will probably charge for it.

Normally, I'd agree with you, but have you seen the price of TOTANs lately? It's bonkers. Some are starting to edge past $8-9k. More, for a pristine restored or HUO example.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Like AFM?

#7 6 years ago

Only ones worthy for remake:
TOTAN,BBB and KP

#9 6 years ago

Cactus Canyon would be the most profitable, and the only one i would buy.

#10 6 years ago

I think it will probably happen at some point. I have heard TAF rumors so why not totan.

#11 6 years ago

They have done medieval madness and attack from Mars so monster Bash is almost a certainty

#12 6 years ago

No thanks on Totan. Has the Jpop stink on it. Ok theme and shallow code.

MB is next.

Cactus Canyon would be a big seller.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No thanks on Totan. Has the Jpop stink on it. Ok theme and shallow code.
MB is next.
Cactus Canyon would be a big seller.

Agreed on totan... ..mb is to shallow and gets boring quickly also tho .. . Id b in for a cc tho....

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed on totan... ..mb is to shallow and gets boring quickly also tho .. . Id b in for a cc tho....

Agreed on MB too, but its a cool theme. CC would have to be CCC!

Looking forward to AFMLE arriving soon.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Only ones worthy for remake:
TOTAN,BBB and KP

You spelled MB, CCC and IJ wrong

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You spelled MB, CCC and IJ wrong

Truth.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

They have done medieval madness and attack from Mars so monster Bash is almost a certainty

But the licensing would cost a ton, wouldn't it?

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

But the licensing would cost a ton, wouldn't it?

I don’t think so. The monsters are old at this point, should be a cheap license.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I don’t think so. The monsters are old at this point, should be a cheap license.

They are monsters, shouldn't cost anything.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They are monsters, shouldn't cost anything.

Free MB sounds good. Count me in for 2!

Marc

#21 6 years ago

Capcom's Kingpin is the best choice for a remake. All other games originals are available and they will not cost you 50k+. They could finish the code and this would be a must have game.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Normally, I'd agree with you, but have you seen the price of TOTANs lately? It's bonkers. Some are starting to edge past $8-9k. More, for a pristine restored or HUO example

If you remember that was how MM was until MMr. The point is it a remake brought back a game at a price that was ok considering it wall all new build material. Some remakes are a good idea worth pushing for.
I would be in on Addams Family if remade.
-Mike

#23 6 years ago

I would be down for Totan remake

prices for 21 year old game have gone mental !

Yes its Jpop, i can get over that

#24 6 years ago

Totan is a fun game but not worth the price. I sold mine for around 7500 I think. You pay for the artwork, sound and low production numbers. I think people would buy a new one for around 7000 or less. Color dmd would look sweet in it though

#25 6 years ago

Why is everyone against jpop? I'm guessing not because of how he designs pinball machines but how he screwed people over in the past years? If he wasnt a total dick, would people be more willing to play his games? I think TOTAN amd WCS are incredible games. Sure the man is a turd, but I can overlook that.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Why is everyone against jpop? I'm guessing not because of how he designs pinball machines but how he screwed people over in the past years? If he wasnt a total dick, would people be more willing to play his games? I think TOTAN amd WCS are incredible games. Sure the man is a turd, but I can overlook that.

I think you would be singing a different tune if he swindled you out of your money. For others it's a camaraderie thing. Pinball is a community, you hurt one, you hurt us all. For MANY his games are tainted. For others, he's just a guy who screwed your fellow hobbyists out of a lot of money. No big deal.

With that said, I'm removing Magic Girl and CV from my want list.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I can't be the only person that would eat up one of these. A new one probably costs more than a remake at this point. Anyone agree/disagree?

FWIW, there are many who really dislike the game. I happen to be one of them.

#28 6 years ago

Kingpin is the only remake that needs to happen. Time for CGC to come out with some new games of their own.

#29 6 years ago

I'd be in for a TOTAN.
I think it would sell well despite being a JPOP title.
Most people don't like the guy, but he actually made some pretty good games.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I'd be in for a TOTAN.
I think it would sell well despite being a JPOP title.
Most people don't like the guy, but he actually made some pretty good games.

No question it would sell.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I think you would be singing a different tune if he swindled you out of your money. For others it's a camaraderie thing. Pinball is a community, you hurt one, you hurt us all. For MANY his games are tainted. For others, he's just a guy who screwed your fellow hobbyists out of a lot of money. No big deal.
With that said, I'm removing Magic Girl and CV from my want list.

I guess I am not fully aware of what he did while I left the scene.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Ripped off the pinball community big time!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Oh boy do you have some reading to do! I don't think anyone's asking other pinheads to not buy any of his games. Well at least not his old ones. But yeah he screwed people out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. And nearly brought down a new manufacturer before they even got started

#34 6 years ago

Thumbs down on ToTAN for me. I personally do not love the game but completely understand the people that do. It would probably cost quite a bit more to produce than an AFM and that might put a dent in the sales figures.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Kingpin is the only remake that needs to happen. Time for CGC to come out with some new games of their own.

Yes, after the superb quality of the AFMr CGC needs to start rolling out some other games.

#36 6 years ago

remake it and deepen the rules a bit. TOTAN ins awesome looking, killer sound package and its fun to shoot

#37 6 years ago

Maybe they could add an autoplunger for multiball.

#38 6 years ago

I don't care about the whole jpop thing when it comes to 20 year old games. TOTAN is a pretty cool game but not interested at the price they sell for. I would think the remake would be very expensive as well. I'm sure a remake would sell but not sure it would be in high numbers. Same for CC. Once you take the rarity away, not sure there will be many buyers. It would be cool to see something new in the style of 90's B/W games. Great art, quality build, fun shots, and easy to follow rules.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Maybe they could add an autoplunger for multiball.

The rules are set up so that you need to quickly manually plunge a ball during Rescue the Princess multiball. If you leave a ball on the switch in the shooter lane, the bottle will drift towards the genie faster. So you gotta try to keep the balls from draining during the Rescue the Princess genie battle, and if you do let a ball or two drain, you gotta take a hand off a flipper button and plunge that ball ASAP. It adds to the frenetic fun that is the genie battle, so adding an autoplunger would make you lose that key TOTAN experience.

#40 6 years ago

A Kingpin would be awesome...great layout, fantastic dots...super fun game.
Oh, and 50k right now, IF you can shake one loose.

#41 6 years ago

No it doesn’t

#42 6 years ago

My wife wants TOTAN, price now over $9k... time for remake. This is nuts.
No pinball should be more than $7k, screw markets. As soon as it hits $7k, remake it for $7k.

I tried to get into CCC at VFW, this year the PROC was flakey as hell, year before that the line was just too long and only got a couple games on it. I wanted to like it, but just couldn't. The layout and toys are interesting enough, but the code sucked. I hope they remake it for those that want it.

Monster Bash should be next, and has my money. Either the remake or an original for a better price than today. Lots of MB for sale lately, and taking a lot longer to sell than they used to. I will wait and save up for it. CGC can take their time.

JPOOP is a dick ripping people off, and I would not buy anything new related to him. He should just go away for good. But his old games appear to be works of playable art to me. I have CV, TOTAN would look great along side of it, but not at $9k+.

I paid $3.3k for CV in 2006 from a retailer, at the time I didn't know any better. At least it's a nice example, so compared to todays insane prices I don't feel bad for overpaying. Feel bad for anybody trying to get into pinball these days.

These prices today are just bonkers, long live PPS/CGC and the remakes!

6 months later
#43 6 years ago

I agree,these machines(totans) are overpriced for the heat damage they seem to have.i love the game. ( my favorite pin).although I don't have it in my collection.i think a remake would be awesome.but what manufacturer would be doing it.also I hear talk of monster bash.we will see.

#44 6 years ago

Can someone please PM me when they start remaking games with alphanumeric display?

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can someone please PM me when they start remaking games with alphanumeric display?

Oh yeah, I'm in for a Banzai Run remake.

#46 6 years ago

glad i only paid 2k for my TOTAN 10 years ago and it's gorgeous. Would buy a MB remake for my daughter

#47 6 years ago

The price needs to be higher to make a remake worthwhile. MM and AFM had crossed into $10k+ range for a nice one. TOTAN isn't there quite yet. CC, BBB, MB and KP are all there and seem more likely and I wrote them in the order I'd be most likely to purchase.

#48 6 years ago

I owned a TOTAN about 11 years ago and paid around $4K. Gorgeous example. I played it for about 2 weeks then traded back. Its very very easy and you can make it through the entire game quickly. I've owned other JPOP's games (CV/TOM) also. They are beautiful with great flow, DOTS and sound sound but they all suffer from being easy to complete. The other thing that grates my nerves after a while is the women doing the callouts. I thought about owning another TOTAN and I played it on my phone and made it through after playing it an hour or 2. In a larger collection they would have better longevity but that's my opinion.

If they up'ed some of the features with a larger screen and added a couple extra items to complete it may tempt me. They'll all be remade eventually though which will allow those that want one to get one.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

My wife wants TOTAN, price now over $9k... time for remake. This is nuts.

Just tell your wife that you don't buy poorly designed, shallow machines. She will understand. I don't get it. Paying 9K for TOTAN feels like paying 9K for Avengers or Avatar. No thanks.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

CC would have to be CCC!

This wont happen! They will have to come up with their own!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-remake-needs-to-happen?hl=bigbad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.