• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by rushfan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

hi all
I have 2 problems with my totan and am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.

One issue is after the 2nd ball is locked, the game recognizes this but wont release a third ball in the shooter lane. Even if i drop a ball in and let it drain, it still advises 2nd ball locked. Any ideas?

Also and this is driving me nuts. it appears half the playfield solenoids are weak. In the solenoid test, a few of them barely move when you test it. However, the same coil will pull very strong if you ground out its associated tip 102 transistor. Flippers work fine although the test says their is an eos problem on both.

Any help will reinstate my hope for man kind.... thanks in advance for anyones input

#2 11 years ago

You probably have a flaky switch in the ball trough for you're multiball problem...test them all...

#3 11 years ago

The only TOTAN problem I know how to fix is buying one to solve my problem of not owning one. Sorry I can't help GL with the fix.

#4 11 years ago

Hey Man,
Wish I could help out a local pinhead, but my only viable solution would be unburden you of that problematic game, or at least let me come over and test it

If you need a local tech I have a couple of names.

Good luck.

#5 11 years ago

Which solenoids are weak, and are they all on the same 74LS374 latch? If so, the easiest thing to try is reseating the ribbon from the CPU board to the power driver board. There are separate SOL# signals that act as chip enables that run across the ribbon. It's also possible that one (or more) of these have broken traces on the board. My AFM had intermittent lamp matrix issues due to a broken LAMP ROW signal. You can't see it with the naked eye, and I only found it by doing continuity checks.

#6 11 years ago

Hi all
Thanks for all the replies
Think I figured it out. The solenoid on the wirl pool diverter is shorted. I disabled it on the adjustments Page and guess the game compensated for this. adjusting the switches by the tiger hole may have helped too. Now have multiball but...
Now have to install a new coil and test the other functions...
I'll let everyone know how the new coil works out
Thanks again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.95
$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.