(Topic ID: 265230)

totan problem g.i playfield

By quentinvip

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Hello friends.

Here I have a problem of G.I playfield on my arabian. The 3 complete lines does not work.
    The Backbox and the door light work well.

Th connectors J103 - J104 -J105 -J106 were redone before the failure.
    I have the version of the drivers already corrected (without the diodes). I changed the J102 Driver-CPU interconnection cable.

The fuses and fuse holders are OK. The transformer output voltages are good. The voltages on the J103 connectors are also good.
    I put new Triacs BT138-600. When I short-circuit the legs of the triacs, my lines light up well. I reset the game, remove and reset .... Still nothing.

In attrack mode my triacs do not heat up, they are cold. So I think it is not ordered.

I changed on Driver U2 74LS374 and U1 LM339. Always nothing.

If I disconnect my GI tray connector and I measure the voltages on the direct connector on the drivers I have about 7 VAC. By cons as soon as I connect the connector the voltage drops to 2.85 VAC.

Here are two nights that I am blocked above. Thanks for your help.

#2 4 years ago

Try reseating all the ribbon connectors do this slowly and gently so you don’t bend or miss a row of pins

#3 4 years ago

Hello. Thanks for you reply .I did this delicately. Nothing better

#4 4 years ago

Ok,are the connectors on the boards making good contact with the male header pins?
    Or could be a cold solder joint on one of the male header pins that needs a reflow of fresh solder
    Heiio and welcome to Pinside my friend

#5 4 years ago

Hi pinmike. Thanks for welcome.
    I Reflow fresh solder on CPU and Driver. Always nothing.

I do not know what to do !!

#6 4 years ago

Sounds like you've done some good checks so far. I'm no expert, but it does sound more like a drive problem as the triacs are not being turned on. Have you checked the zero cross circuit? There is a zero cross test pin right there close to the triacs. Should have about 1vac 120hz signal there. See it on a logic probe or meter set to AC, negative lead to ground. Not sure what zero cross does, but it's used somehow to brighten and dim the GI.

#7 4 years ago

Ok. In Zero cross test pin i have 1.1 vac and a approximately 109 Hz with my multimeter. thanks you dude

#8 4 years ago

HI friends . I fix my G.I problem.
    CPU was bad

Change U12 74ls240 ans, U1 74L244, and U3.

Thanks Pinmike ans Ronkz650 for help.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-problem-gi-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.