IMG_3426 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_3425 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_3423 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_3422 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_3421 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_3420 (resized).JPG (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_3216 (resized).JPG
IMG_0828 (resized).JPG

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Thanks, and I actually did do that but they keep coming off. I've tried everything but perhaps mine gets played a lot? I just hated taking the glass off every 10-20 games that I decided I'd deal with the damage.

We have a project on the massive to do list here to make some kind of fix for the skill shot baskets. My biggest concern is getting the right material to make them with so they withstand the wear.

1 week later
#102 7 years ago

Plastic replacement set question- it seems the only two places with a full set available are Pinball Decals and Ministrey of Pinball. It would be cheaper to buy from Pinball Decals however are those official repros? I know Ministry sells the official Williams stuff but don't know about pinball Decals.

#103 7 years ago

Also have a what is this question- took the genie apart yesterday and found the back looks like this. What is supposed to be back here?
(Sorry for dirty fingers )

IMG_1189 (resized).JPGIMG_1189 (resized).JPG

#104 7 years ago

That was not on my TOTAN when I did my complete restoration.

#105 7 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Also have a what is this question- took the genie apart yesterday and found the back looks like this. What is supposed to be back here?
(Sorry for dirty fingers )

Mine was like that too. Looks like it was old lock bar beer seal they used maybe to quiet down the smack of metal on metal. Mine slid down like that too. I just used some weatherstripping i get from HD for Beer Seals there.

For plastics, I got mine from LSOG. They show one full set in stock:

http://littleshopofgames.com/product/tales-of-the-arabian-nights-playfield-plastics/

#106 7 years ago

That black foam in the picture is on the very back of the gene bracket. Not where the two pieces of metal hit at the gene weight. What metal to metal contact in on the very back, I thought there was only a plastics ramp going behind it.

#107 7 years ago

You're right. I put it back in on mine but who knows why.

#108 7 years ago

So am I to understand this should be a horizontal piece of foam on the back of the bracket here? Or no we don't need it? Maybe it keeps the Genie from getting too many hits on the metal? I know that, for example, the Wolverine rips in the back on X-Men. Maybe a stretch....

#109 7 years ago

Looked at mine yesterday and you don't need to install it. Really has little purpose from what I can tell.

#110 7 years ago

Thanks for the help!

Quoted from dmacy:

Looked at mine yesterday and you don't need to install it. Really has little purpose from what I can tell.

#111 7 years ago

Beautiful job buddy

2 years later
#112 5 years ago

I'm resurrecting this thread- I took a pretty huge hiatus from the TOTAN swap. The game has sat here in pieces for almost two years, sadly.
The good news is in the mean time I've reassembled a donated Earth Shaker which has given me the confidence to get back to work on the swap. Today we put in one of the spike mechs (PITA) and the lamp.
My question today is about the vanishing magnet assembly - has anyone had issues putting an old magnet assembly on a CPR pf? I met a man at TPF (Patriots fan) who told me of a difficult and potential fix but I cannot recall his name.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

3 weeks later
#113 5 years ago

Bump- come in anyone in TOTAN swap land...

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Bump- come in anyone in TOTAN swap land...

I’d start your own thread with these questions so you get more answers. FWIW, I don’t recall any issues with the magnet or spikes. I’ve sold my machine over a year and a half ago so not much help to you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-playfield-swap-with-new-cpr-gold/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.