(Topic ID: 279219)

TOTAN: Orb kicker sends ball SDTM. Anybody got a fix?

By toyboy6

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TOTAN 1 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Struggling with my TOTAN. Got the game playing great except when I land in the orb shot. When the kicker fires - it sends the ball straight down the middle about 90% of the time. Totally frustrating. I've tried loosening and readjusting the kicker bracket under the playfield to offset the hit on the ball but there really isn't any slop there so doesn't seem to have any effect. Anybody else run into this and fix?

I've got similar problem to a lesser degree on Bazaar kickout, but need to look deeper into that one.

#2 3 years ago

Does the eject shield have both fins still intact? If yes, then maybe you could file one down a little bit or insert a couple of small washers on one side or the other between the ES and the playfield itself.

#3 3 years ago

The metal eject arm itself can be bent slightly to adjust ball trajectory on most of this type of mech. Check for excessive slop on the bracket too. (grab it and gently rock it back and forth)

#4 3 years ago

Thanks guys. I shimmed the purple ball holder from underneath - no success.

I slightly bent and shifted over the arm. It is now rubbing against the groove in the ball holder so I wouldn't be able to move it over further if I wanted. It is marginally better - maybe works 25-30% now, but still not great.

Just seems like a design issue where the kickout arm is pushing straight at the flipper gap. To adjust further I would need to really bend the arm and then cut out the slot on the cradle - not exactly something I want to do.

TOTAN 1 (resized).jpgTOTAN 1 (resized).jpg
#5 3 years ago

Keep adjusting that arm. Adjust it in the complete opposite direction than you currently have it. Should be able to get it going to the flipper every time.

The best way to adjust that arm is to manually hold the kickout arm all the way out and adjust it above the playfield using the slot for leverage to bend it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-orb-kicker-sends-ball-sdtm-anybody-got-a-fix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.