IMG_20230321_201841 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230321_201928 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230323_184613 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230323_184621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230326_220601 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230327_193546 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230403_155538 (resized).jpg
WM2_1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider warzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

The project is the HD version with new HD visual animations and is related to the project TOTAN 2.0 « Twilight melody » whish is currently available under the name "The forgotten tales" on « Mirco »'s store.
I will update this first post, once in a week (let's say friday) with some screenshots, new infos, visual and so on.
The new visuals are meant to stay faithfull to the original animations but are using the better definition and colors.
On my last thread, all the infos were spread over the thread so I think it's better to keep everything on post #1.
Quick FAQ:
-What is this project about?:
a new extension kit meant to be available in the future.
-How it works?
this is a python project running with a dedicated hardware replacing the current WPC CPU with a FAST board and a Media board holding CPU.
-What is the difference with the TOTAN software?
this softare has the original sofware embedded with an extension. The original sofware is NOT an emulation but the exact same one recoded as well as the extension.
-What do you mean by emulation Vs original rewrite?
I recoded the sofware in another language and colorized all the frames. It let me fix some animations flaws, some software issues and most of all, let me change the original rules I was not so happy with.
-Why did you do this project?
for me TOTAN is one of the most georgious pin in the 90s era and I always thought the sofware was not as good as the design was and was way too easy and boring. That's why I sold my first TOTAN. I've bought another TOTAN years after ONLY for this project.
-Is there any other improvments?:
I've added new lampshow effects for instance and other things... and most of all: the missing feature for the TOTAN , the auto launcher !
-regarding the mode, what is the differences?
on this TOTAN version, you have twice more modes and also, video modes. The game is now more challenging and you will not beat the game that easily now.
-any improvement in setting too?
you can now set up coil power change which could fix old hardware issues, disable some modes and other things.
-on what screen this will be available?
today, both PIN2DMD with RGB leds with matrix and LCD are working so both are working. Current TOTAN 2.0 kit is sold with a PIN2DMD but any other display such as LCD can be adapt.
-other comments...?
A kit is the thing which make you keep your georgious genuine pinball, revive it and relaunch the interest.
This thread is dedicated to the HD display only since it's like a new project by itself. I'm already working on it for several months now.
news to come... , thanks for reading (if you got that far )
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

look forward for updates !

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

genie multiball picture added

Thanks for the update, i do really like the new style. I think that you have more freedom now with the design and colors looks great for now.
Keep the good work.

1 month later
#20 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Currently working on lip synch which is one of the new feature I’ve added to this HD version: I think it’s a good addition.

Really nice ! I wonder for which modes it will be used, the wizard mode maybe.

3 weeks later
#35 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

here is a first gameplay video. This video focus mainly the screen, that's the main idea. I've shared playfield animation videos already.
Everything is not perfect and some things are still in WIP like some sounds events and animation and some synchronisation but... It's a good first sight.
Also... there is almost none extension mode there unless the second fireball mode. I will made more videos in the futures showing those specificly.

Really nice ! Thanks for sharing.

2 weeks later
#40 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

this project is NOT part of to the current TOTAN 2.0 kit for sale by Mirco and will not be, so we can consider it's completly separated.
Currently, there is unfortunatly no plan to distribute it, we will see in the future if this could change.
My plan hasn't change and it is still to share this thing to the most people interested in an affordable (of course) and professional way.
I apologize if everything didn't turn out the way I wanted.
-> That's also why I've renamed my project "Twilight Melody", it was its original name and I wanted to keep it and put it back.
go back on track:
I consider this as the ultimate goal for this project so I will polish it the maximum I can:
- I have improved the rules (everything is more clear)
- the action readibility
- the animations (of course)
- the music
- fixed issues and so on so even the gameplay feel will change.
I think I should be able to share a more finished video in the next weeks also.
update:
- I've introduced a scrolling 16 bits in the flying carpet extension mode, the effect looks very nice.
- IA gave me a new Scheherazade princess.
news to come

[quoted image]

man, after several years of work, I can imagine your frustration of this dead end. How come you ended in team with Mirco is beyond me: the guy is not to be recommended for anything and I think a good amount of people (including me and almost all the people I know personally) want him to exit the pinball business. I imagine you didn’t know...
I wish you good luck to finish this thing and to find better team: Pedretti maybe ? This is really promising so don’t give up and keep the faith !

1 month later
#57 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

here are some gameplay videos, the rendering is not perfect because the camera was doing autofocus sometimes.
there are actually 2 videos, one with the general gameplay with some special modes activated such as "shooting phantom" and another one with an extension mode.
Note: Videos needs to be opened with youtube application for a better definition

Really nice! I really hope you find a way to to share this thing at some point.
I look forward for more videos with extension tales and modes.

1 week later
#66 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

regarding the Wizard mode 2 part 2, here are some infos on gameplay: This mode, along with the shooting phantom (where the flipper flip) is original.
-> The idea is this is a real battle between the player and the genie, meaning, if the genie hit you, the flippers will lose power and the ball will drain after a while if too many power is lost. On the other side, if the genie target is hit at the right time, genie lifebar will decrease as will till it willbe defeated.
-> Here is a screeshot of what it looks like, more infos has been added on display:[quoted image]

That’s really nice and original. The Part 2 is really epic !

1 week later
#80 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I didn’t do my best games on video (my pinball skills is average), but the idea was to show a variety of mode you can get.

amazing! , it seems a lot of progress has been done since last time. There are really a lot of new modes and the gameplay seems much more deeper and interesting.
Any progress for a kit ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 36.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
$ 9.95
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider warzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-new-software-in-hd-twilight-melody-project?tu=warzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.