IMG_20230321_201841 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230321_201928 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230323_184613 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230323_184621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230326_220601 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230327_193546 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230403_155538 (resized).jpg
WM2_1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noitbe1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

TOTAN 2.0 HD version

The project is the HD version with new HD visual animations and is related to the project TOTAN 2.0 « Twilight melody » with the same additional modes.
Some rules and some mode will be completly changed for this HD version. The idea is to simplify the rules a bit, give the max of info to know where to shoot in order to optimize strategy and so on.

This project is NOT part of to the current TOTAN 2.0 kit for sale by Mirco and will not be, so we can consider it's completly separated.
Currently, there is unfortunatly no plan to distribute it and might never be.

This is however the ultimate goal for this project so I will improve everything I can comparing to my original 2.0 version:
- the rules
- the action readibility
- the animations (of course)
- the music
- fixed issues and so on so even the gameplay feel will change.

I will share long gameplay once all modes are completed, hopefully mid/end march.

link to the original project:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-software-rewrite-on-p-roc-twilight-melody

The new visuals are meant to stay faithfull to the original animations but are using the better definition and colors.

This is a python project running with a dedicated hardware replacing the current WPC CPU with a controller board and a Media board holding CPU. The developpement has been done with P-ROC board but the code can be run also with a Fast board. This software has the original sofware embedded with an extension.
On this TOTAN version, you have twice more modes and also, video modes:The game is now more challenging and run an auto launcher.

First video of gameplay:

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png
sneak1 (resized).pngsneak1 (resized).pngfire1 (resized).pngfire1 (resized).png
genie_mult (resized).pnggenie_mult (resized).png

3 (resized).png3 (resized).png

diagram (resized).pngdiagram (resized).png
#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have to say that if this sample is indicative of your updated images/animations, then you've got some real ART in you!!!! At first glance, it could be mistaken for a live movie image if it were played on a non-HD screen. It's it truely amazing!!!! (I am feeling like I should have never sold my pristine TOTAN game a couple of years ago....)
[quoted image]

Thanks for your comment.
Yes this is something which require also a lot of time and it’s kind of a new project by itself.

#5 1 year ago

post #1 updated 11/18

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I dunno. The mix of live action/colorized video and drawn animation is jarring. I'm sure it's a lot of work, but I think the route CGC took just having artists re-do the art in high res is a better end result.

This is an honor for me being compared to a finished software already in production by a major company however I don't try being compare to anything else, I go my way and the way I want it to be, that's it.
As I stated: this is far from being finished and still WIP, new changes are coming, the current animation has already changed since the video.
I thought it was nice sharing current WIP project because pinball projects are fun. That's the only goal here.

#8 1 year ago

genie multiball picture added

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

On the book front page... that trinity knot is a bit off with the theme... It's a Celtic symbol, would be nice to have a more Persian symbol like a Farre Kiyâni or a Shabaz
Cheers

As you know, the tales of the arabian nights is not only persian, but also arabic and indian. This symbol has been inspired by an arabic symbol found on a old arabic book I’ve found and inspire the magic which is the spirit of the jinns and genies.

Here is some other samples:
3F4392F4-34A1-4DAE-A405-DDA791587F92 (resized).png3F4392F4-34A1-4DAE-A405-DDA791587F92 (resized).png8A07E668-1F90-4EEE-840A-637251B3BE13 (resized).png8A07E668-1F90-4EEE-840A-637251B3BE13 (resized).png

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

haaa ok, sorry, it looked the celtic one on the image

I chose this arabic symbol because, for me, it inspires the magic: that was the idea. Actually, the movie "the 7th voyage of Sinbad" and its mean magician is also a good reference.

2 weeks later
#14 1 year ago

quick update and some clarification since I got the question by PM:
- this HD project is only a personal project so it's meant to be run in my home. This is the ultimate goal for me to raise the TOTAN software to the point I wanted and get better animations. I look forward to share a real gameplay video: I'm currently in the process to get a speaker panel made for my display, so it should happen not too far from now.
- a lot of animations don't even exist on this software because there are coming from new modes added to this extension, for instance, in this software, there are 14 tales, the second one trigger a new Jewel win animation such as this one.

more infos soon.

2 weeks later
#16 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Just traded my JP premium for a beautiful TOTAN yesterday. Looking forward to the progress!!

thanks for your message.
Around 60 % of all the modes are in HD now including all the old modes. I miss the first final Wizard mode only. All the tales has been completly reworked. All the animation spirit has faithfull to the original with the same events like the cyclops is in the sea... but all the animations are new (no upscale): I didn't see the point to reuse really low res animation from the original which were not the best from WMS anyway with the possibility we have nowdays with a better screen and colors. Regarding the animations in 1996, CAPCOM did a much better job in the same era. Now that I can, I think TOTAN deserve better animations IMO.

Also, my HD rework include also some of the rules and modes. I will share more on that later once more adanced.
I'm still waiting for my prototype LCD speaker panel which I should have soon. Once I'll have it, I'l do a video on my Totan since I can now since I have all the old original tales in HD.

Here is a quick update (sorry the video focus is not the best )

#18 1 year ago

regarding the new rule, here is one sample: on the TOTAN 2.0, there have been added a new special harem multiball to be activated if the ruby is lit. If the ruby is not lit, then, the good old harem multi is launched (like the 1.4 rule)

For this new Harem multi mode, all the target raise the jackpot and the jackpot is won with aiming the right loop (a bit like the TZ and the gumball mode) and the ball is caught with the magnet wich validate the jackpot.

For it to be more interesting, the points will be higher and Jackpot more interesting: same as the mode itself.

harem_mult (resized).pngharem_mult (resized).png
1 week later
#19 1 year ago

Currently working on lip synch which is one of the new feature I’ve added to this HD version: I think it’s a good addition.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Really nice ! I wonder for which modes it will be used, the wizard mode maybe.

yes! for instance.

I'm still waiting for my speaker panel which is currently being built by one of my french relation. (thanks to him)

Progress is moving forward, all my multiballs (including the one from the extension) are now in HD.
I got also the skeleton rising again ...

#22 1 year ago

just did some progress with the wizard mode: ideas is now the skeletons has more moves and better animated, same as Sinbad.

WM (resized).pngWM (resized).png
1 week later
#23 1 year ago

since last time:
I've completly reworked the skill shots anims and finished the wizard mode (first one).
All the ending are now in HD as well and new.

Currently working on the attract mode, here is the new Williams anim for instance:

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

Excellent work! I hope you tackle other titles.

Thanks ! It could be possible to run other titles but the best is to have the pin at home for testing and everything is I would chose one from my small collection I guess to start.

#26 1 year ago

update the new highscores.
Just missing the "palace mode" but I haven't worked back on it yet.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Have you consider to use AI for the illustrations?
Could be nice and even more faster and easy to google for images online.
I tested midjouney some days ago to make some dark art and the results where impressive.

Thanks for the tip. I’m still a long way from the end so I invistage all the lead.

#30 1 year ago

I've built my own LCD custom speaker panel and it should be ready soon for a quick demo.

score_display (resized).pngscore_display (resized).png
#31 1 year ago

My custom speaker built is over for my HD LCD.
It’s not too bad looking for a speaker built by me (I’m more soft than manual usually), I have the chance to have a tool store nearby my house.

A87BC985-A46D-47F2-8FE9-A2AB7CC8C016 (resized).jpegA87BC985-A46D-47F2-8FE9-A2AB7CC8C016 (resized).jpeg
#32 1 year ago

Quick first demo : LCD is much less bright in real.
Better to set the res on high.

#33 1 year ago

I have all the old modes reworked so I now need to focus on all the extension modes.
I've decided to "improve" some of the rules I've made and simplify it. It will stay I think hard enough. I also intend to rework the Scheherazade extension mode completly, I have some ideas in mind.

other improvement: I will add a texts messages during extension tales with practival info like where to shoot, ball...: it's better that the lightning effects to drive you or the quotes.
I'll share more later about that.

Currently working on my Alibaba extension mode: it will have darker atmosphere, I've shared a picture below.

Last, regarding the current gameplay, once I can handle a camera, I will share of it a video once possible. I have nothing to"hold" a camera so I've bought a tripod to help.

alibaba2 (resized).pngalibaba2 (resized).png
#34 1 year ago

here is a first gameplay video. This video focus mainly the screen, that's the main idea. I've shared playfield animation videos already.

Everything is not perfect and some things are still in WIP like some sounds events and animation and some synchronisation but... It's a good first sight.
Also... there is almost none extension mode there unless the second fireball mode. I will made more videos in the futures showing those specificly.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

the results of " darkness, doom, riding a horse, rk post style" RK Post is a very know illustrator that did tons of Magic the gathering cards illustrations.
But the IA can do illustrations in any style.
[quoted image]

I used midjourney. Amazing tool indeed.

#38 1 year ago

regarding the infos to be displayed like to where to shoot and so on... and the score and the timer will be displayed at once, for instance like this :

info (resized).pnginfo (resized).png
2 weeks later
#39 1 year ago

this project is NOT part of to the current TOTAN 2.0 kit for sale by Mirco and will not be, so we can consider it's completly separated.
Currently, there is unfortunatly no plan to distribute it, we will see in the future if this could change.

My plan hasn't change and it is still to share this thing to the most people interested in an affordable (of course) and professional way.
I apologize if everything didn't turn out the way I wanted.
-> That's also why I've renamed my project "Twilight Melody", it was its original name and I wanted to keep it and put it back.

go back on track:
I consider this as the ultimate goal for this project so I will polish it the maximum I can:
- I have improved the rules (everything is more clear)
- the action readibility
- the animations (of course)
- the music
- fixed issues and so on so even the gameplay feel will change.

I think I should be able to share a more finished video in the next weeks also.

update:
- I've introduced a scrolling 16 bits in the flying carpet extension mode, the effect looks very nice.
- IA gave me a new Scheherazade princess.

news to come

sche1 (resized).pngsche1 (resized).png

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

man, after several years of work, I can imagine your frustration of this dead end. How come you ended in team with Mirco is beyond me: the guy is not to be recommended for anything and I think a good amount of people (including me and almost all the people I know personally) want him to exit the pinball business. I imagine you didn’t know...
I wish you good luck to finish this thing and to find better team: Pedretti maybe ? This is really promising so don’t give up and keep the faith !

Thanks for your support. I’ve plan to finish this and to show a more polish product with a video soon.

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

i can imagine your frustration.
This video looks great! and the IA did a great work! looks cool!

Merci Dias. Vive midjourney !

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Is there a new development with mirco? I thought this higher resolution version was never part of the Totan 2.0 kit.

No, you were right and it was my point. It’s a completely separate project. I hope everything is more clear now about it.

#46 1 year ago

The new Scheherazade extension mode has been completly reworked and modified (comparing to the previsous version):

I think this mode needed easy rule, like the TOTAN spirit was:
Now, the goal is to hit one by one, in a random order, each of the separate yellow targets. This needs to be acheived in a limited period of time otherwise the tale is "failed". Since the target appear in a random order, it's not like PM where player already knew in advance the order and where to shoot.
I've also changed the music which go better with this mode.

Here some pic of the mode:
schehe1 (resized).pngschehe1 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#48 1 year ago

new shooting phantom HD is done. (among some others)
Shooting phantom is the mode where the flipper action is automatic and jackpot is given by luck if the ball hit a target.

here are some pics (old and new)

few more left before I can have full working game.

shootf (resized).pngshootf (resized).pngshootf2 (resized).pngshootf2 (resized).png
#49 1 year ago

I just got back from a trip from south of Spain which was, a long time ago, part of the musilm empire: Seville, Grenade and Cordoba. I think this is the closest you can get from any one thousand and one nights tales with the antique mosque and palaces .
The Grenade Alhambra palace is probably one of the most amazing musilm palace around the world, if not the best one. I have to say I was amazed by the arts once there.
Those places has to be visited at least once in one's life IMO.

I've integrated some of the arts in the modes:

seville (resized).pngseville (resized).png
#50 1 year ago

another midjourney amazing art:

midjourney (resized).pngmidjourney (resized).png
1 week later
#52 1 year ago

a lifebar has been added to Sinbad extension mode: inspired by the Dark Souls boss life bar colors.

life (resized).pnglife (resized).png
#53 1 year ago

A lot of changes and corrections has been added since last video. I should be able to share a new video really soon, the other one will be removed: too many things have changed and correction added.

I have one last mode to finish, then I will start big testing and do adjustments. I will share more details once there.

Note, other than dark souls, there is a glimpse to Lodoss as well for my Ashram friend.

#55 1 year ago

here are some gameplay videos, the rendering is not perfect because the camera was doing autofocus sometimes.

there are actually 2 videos, one with the general gameplay with some special modes activated such as "shooting phantom" and another one with an extension mode.

Note: Videos needs to be opened with youtube application for a better definition

#56 1 year ago

I’ve planned to share more videos of gameplay:
I like the landscape format, it was a little bit dark and the screen seems bright (which is not), I’ll improve that for next time.
This was a testing session which is helping me ajusting things like difficulties, synch, issues and so on.

I consider myself as a really average player and the game is more challenging now, but also, more interesting with more depth.
It’s still accessible for newbies, of course, but now you need strategy to save the princess: more modes and more « bonus tale » always in make a wish.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Really nice! I really hope you find a way to to share this thing at some point.
I look forward for more videos with extension tales and modes.

thanks for your email.
I have already done others videos but I intend to improve the quality (a bit too dark and bright) so I will redo some new ones: at least thi is a start.

Regarding the kit: yeai, sure, If any info comes up, I will share in here: I have started discussion so we'll see if it's going somewhere.

#59 1 year ago

the previous link of the second video with a extension mode is broken, here is the right one:

#60 1 year ago
to_share (resized).pngto_share (resized).png
#61 1 year ago
to_share2 (resized).pngto_share2 (resized).png
#63 1 year ago

Quick video of Wizard Mode 2 part 3:
Infinite multi ball with a different difficulty depending of the auto launcher is activated or not.
Also, special attack can activated to move the princess bottle, as shown.

#64 1 year ago

regarding the Wizard mode 2 part 2, here are some infos on gameplay: This mode, along with the shooting phantom (where the flipper flip) is original.

-> The idea is this is a real battle between the player and the genie, meaning, if the genie hit you, the flippers will lose power and the ball will drain after a while if too many power is lost. On the other side, if the genie target is hit at the right time, genie lifebar will decrease as will till it willbe defeated.

-> Here is a screeshot of what it looks like, more infos has been added on display:

WM2 (resized).pngWM2 (resized).png
#65 1 year ago

part 1 consists on a huge skeletons fight by hitting the yellow targets:

WM2_1 (resized).pngWM2_1 (resized).png
#67 1 year ago

after one year, I'm finally done with all the modes and HD animations.
I have to say that it was maybe the hardest part to acheive, since I've started this project, but I'm glad this phase is finally over.

The new HD animations is bringing really something new but keep the same spirit as the original code, moreover in the original software rewrite: this is, for me, the ultimate goal of my 6 year old projet.

This new project has a lot of differences comparing to the previous one in SD:

- the game has different rules and all those new rules have the same "spirit" as the original without anything too complicated.
- the game, even if it's harder than the last ROM, is much more accessible: I realized that the SD version was too difficult.
- I have optimized the ball save so that the game will not be too hard but not too easy as well.
for instance: the "advanced tale" in make a wish will happen more often.
-> In this version, what is nice is to have different games each time so you can do that by advancing more easily the tales. The impression than each game is different is stronger.
- I didn't added this time the "sultan's palace" mode: I think it was too hard to play. I have some lead to change it completly and I might add it back at some point.
- some of the new original modes are really fun, I'll try to make new videos in the future and sharing more on them.

thanks a lot for all the gameplay and regular feedbacks I had which helped me to optimize everything. Now I will start the hard test phase and trying to catch all the remaining issues and optimize what it can be.
I still don't have partnership for this new project, but I have some lead. I hope to find some agreement to move forward, let's hope.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

Hello
I just found this thread and finally had time to sit down to read and watch everything. Wow, everything Looks and sounds amazing. The large display looks beautiful, and the new videos really pop.
With the new code, it sounds like there will be 7 additional modes? If so, how are they selected? and how do the 7 mode inserts near the flippers react to progress..

thanks for your comment and also, thanks for the interest !

There are actually more than just 7 additional modes, I will share back the charts but, the idea is now, all the tales needs to be completed twice, the second time the extension is a completly new modes with new rules and animations.
So there are actually 2 wizard modes also, the second one has 3 parts this time and is harder than the original.

I implement the tale lamp selection this way:
- if tale has not been played nor selected: lamp is off
- if a tale has been played once (original) then it's blinking slow, showing it's missing the extension play.
- if a tale and its extension has been played, then the lamp stay on
- the selection is shown by a fast blinking

regarding the additional modes, there are 7 new tales, one new wizard mode, 2 new fireballs (evolution), 2 new lightning lamps (evolution), new multiballs, some unique special modes and some hidden modes such as video mode.
When playing, it doesn't sound too many, it feels like an IJ as far as real gameplay because, during the game, the goal stay that you need to acheive the tales and let's not forget that there is still the possibility to advance tales in make a wish.

The idea also is to add more variety during gameplay and make the "different play" feeling more important.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

I see in a video the lightning lamp needs proper rotation direction, That is a cool new twist on spinning the lamp. One thing with the original wms code I thought was excessive was the Fireball mode. It seemed to interrupt the flow and feel of the game.
With the new package. Are there adjustable settings like ball in play, or being able to set each level how many Rocs or orc shots needed. If so, are they changed at the coin door buttons or somewhere within the new controller software?
I really hope you find a way to distribute it. Again, it looks great.

That's the first time I read/hear this comment regarding the fireball but, I always feel exactly the same way. It was one of the thing I wanted to change with the original rule because I thought it was annoying after a while.
What I did about it is the fireball mode to start was to make it to happen less frequently than before: it now needs more ramp/left scoop shots to be activated. Once activated, I wanted to make it more a "real mode" with a genie fight with several hit to the genie be require to beat the genie.

Regarding the Rocs (Sinbad tale): in the 1.4 rule, you need only to hit once the bumber and then you're good to go. I've changed the value to several hits but then I realized than you may need several left loop shot to beat the tale but... the left loop shoot is hard on the Totan so it makes the tale is little too difficult. I ended up setting the value to 2 hits only but the idea to set it in the setting might be a idea.

Regarding the adjustable settings, yeai, there are a lot and many more for features than the original and also the game. For instance, same as modern game, you can now adjust coils and some of the rules and even, go back to the last ROM 1.4 rules but with the new animations.

#71 1 year ago

here is a quick video to show what's the setting looks like: I've made the interface to look the same as the original

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Jjlp:

I can't wait to see your project happening for all totan owners ! This wms 100% worth this update, it value increase increase increase and there IS a reason !
Bad deal with Mirco for you first try i Hope you will find a better dealer to work with !
I actually restore my second totan After having selling the fisrt one.
As a twipy award finalist 2021 i really think that this project must have 2023 twipy !
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks ! The golden Totan looks amazing ! Best pin ever for the gold armor

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballdork:

This is looking awesome. Thanks for answering my questions.
Do you have any new tweeks to the Genie Magnet code. Like the Metallica Sparky Magnet, or Legends of Valhalla, have some cool tossing of the ball around, or causing little bursts after a Genie hit. Or do you have a mode that will hold the ball on the raised magnet and you have to knock it off? Or a mode where the magnet stays down, and you try to get it to fall into the hole? LOL

yes I do and I thought about for quiet some time. Basically, if you hit the genie during gameplay, the magnet will activate just to attact the shake the ball to disturb his trajectory with a sound of the genie.
I didn't go beyond that point. Aiming a hole in the playafied, on the upper part was not something which pleased me too much for several reasons:
- the ball is main of the time coming at high speed, so it should be really hard, morever the hole is small.
- the magnet assy has not been thought this way so, who knows how could react the hole assy after hundred of plays

I thought more original to use the cage, which is something specific to the TOTAN to introduce the shooting phantom where, thanks to the timing, I can activate the flipper with the sofware.

#76 1 year ago

Update:
Today I had to switch back to use the P-ROC board (i was using FAST board in the video and current dev for testing), i had an issue with FAST board but hopefully it will be fixed soon.
I did a long gameplay session (for me) for 2 hours and 30 minutes and it went pretty well.
I have to say that modifying the rules for this version is also for me, much more accessible and fun.

I did fix a lot of things since last time like:
- drain synch
- through better logic
- bazaar timing
- tale selection in make a wish
And some other minor issues...

And ...improved some of the animations like the lightning lamp bonus.

Hopefully a longer video soon.

#78 1 year ago

Edit:
All the videos are running with a FAST controller. I want to thank Aaron and the FAST team for their great support ! The board is running great with Totan 2.0.

#79 1 year ago

I didn’t do my best games on video (my pinball skills is average), but the idea was to show a variety of mode you can get.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from Warzard:

amazing! , it seems a lot of progress has been done since last time. There are really a lot of new modes and the gameplay seems much more deeper and interesting.
Any progress for a kit ?

Thanks. Some discussion’s going on. Email to PPS but no answer for now: The previous project sold as « the forgotten tales » is holding things up. It reminds me a bit what happen to Dutch pinball where the sales were blocked…

Regarding the new HD project, one option would be to work on a new project which is not the Totan nor an old title but a new unlicensed one. This should give an end to this and a dream maybe, but if this is my only way out, why not.

I think the Totan license and Fast boards were sold for the Mirco’s project at loss for him « an assumption » but I never got a dime on my 6 years project not even I was given a kit.

All the options are on the table. I know pinball is hard, but… anyway.

#87 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I agree and would also love to buy a kit if possible. This is such a wonderful project, I'm hoping it will succeed someday and soon.

Quoted from mollyspub:

I no longer own a Totan but this would be great if it became available!

Quoted from Strohz:

Wow, I can't believe all the audio, video and modes you've added! So impressive and looks like a lot of fun. Have you talked with the Pedretti folks by any chance? They were awesome on support and rolling out Rudy's Nightmare, and would be a no-brainer buy for me unlike Mirco. Keep on posting more video

Quoted from stumblor:

100% agree Ed - this would be the best option for a manufacturing and distro partner. Hopefully Benoit can work something out with Pedretti. Really great project, a lot of hard work has gone into it and it would be shame if it didn't get to see the light of day and be enjoyed by others. We're rooting for you Benoit!

Quoted from Nate:

I would like to purchase the HD kit for my TOTAN. It looks spectacular.
Thank you for all of your continued efforts.
Nice work Noitbe1

thanks a lot and I have to say that the support come in the right time and is priceless.

I do have contacted Pedretti and we are discussing but of course, this is something which need to be investigated to integrate the TOTAN 2.0 so hopefully we can make it work, not talking about all the other potential road blocks such as license, deal with the old project and else...
I have to be honest, this project future depends a lot of if I can go through license and partnership.

I'm glad that those videos were there to show a little bit more the project. Not all the modes were displayed (far from it) and I'm a average player (sorry about that). The idea was to keep the gameplay in the "WMS style" and make each game unique with things to discover during time.
I think also that the rules has been improved in this HD version and I want to thanks also beta testers for feedback I had on the previous project. I would really like to have "at least" another "kit" available on another TOTAN, hopefully, this could be part of a discussion if this goes forward. Seriously, I've been playing and collecting pinball for almost 30 years now, and I think this is something worth sharing.

note regarding the videos: I've installed a playfield protector on my TOTAN and it makes the ball trajectory a bit strange sometimes so I'll take a look at it too: the ball seems a bit magnetized with the playfield protector and it makes the ball to drain a little bit more often.

3 weeks later
#88 11 months ago

regarding the new "rule" for the way to launch and play the extension tales:
If the Alibaba tale has been launched (for instance) during the game already, this time, at the tale selection this same tale will still be available to play in an altered version: you will be able to select it and launch it once again, a bit like the way missions are launched with Star Trek pinball from Stern.

-> This second time, the tale "extension" is part of the new quest which need to be achieved.

There are also 2 wizard modes to finish the game: the first one is the old Wizard mode from the original ROM, and a new one which has now 3 different challenges (instead of 2) which need to be completed to complete the main objective which is saving the princess.
The first Wizard mode is launched once at least 7 tales has been completed and the second one when all tales are done.

ALI BABA:
Regarding the Albaba extension mode, gameplay is done with 2 different shots:
-> Hitting the lamp to call the good genie to guide you: it will activate a counter to force the other shot:
-> Hitting the left and right standup to progress through the cave

If the counter has no more time left, then the tale is "failed": this has an incidence on the rest of the game. This is something new from this extension and also something already there in other pinball rules, such as IJ: tales don't need to be just played but won.

Any "failed" tale can be replayed within a "make a wish specific option fro it.

rule1 (resized).pngrule1 (resized).png
#89 11 months ago

here is a diagram modes for the game, game start with the center dark blue box.
Lighter boxes means they are part to the extension:

diagram (resized).pngdiagram (resized).png
4 weeks later
#91 10 months ago

The game has been set up on an existing hardware CPU under linux including a power adapater from a well known modern pin: this pinball is being sold for quiet some time now and its harware is roc solid which is a really good news for my testing.

IMG_3226 (resized).jpgIMG_3226 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#92 8 months ago
Quoted from gb:

Simply fantastic. I would certainly buy this for my TOTAN, if it was with a dealer that is focussed on upgrades, like Pedretti. I imagine that part of the challenge with MIRCO is that they sell so many other products, and are engaged in both contract manufacturing and retail. Please persist!
-gb

there is currently no assocation on this project whatsoever with me: I did everything on my own including assets and the code.
There is also no association also nor contract with me done with the Kit distributed by Mirco and I asked him to stop selling the kit with my code. However, I will always support my code and project however if there is a channel to do so.

-> My current code on my SD kit is way more advanced with what has been distributed by Mirco and what is he selling is an old version.

note on this : there has never been any money transfer with me with the Mirco's kit and I never approved it to sell with any form of contract.

Regarding this HD project, unfortunatly and far from my will, there is no plan to distribute it as it is today because of roadblocks I have with the license. I will continue my work as a proof of concept on this.

Worst case scenario it could serve me on other new potential projects I have in mind.

#95 8 months ago
Quoted from Days:

i imagine how much frustrating can be this situation for you, you don't deserve it.
I will be following your project you are doing an amazing job

Thanks a lot for the support, hopefully something will come up one day.

Quoted from CLEllison:

Full disclosure, I'm not an attorney .... however, being in this hobby for over a decade and watching Planetary Pinball being a hawk over the Williams IP makes me wonder if you should send them an email and explaining Mirco is distributing code that infringes on the Williams IP. In fact, I highly encourage you to do so. What Mirco is doing is beyond low.
https://www.planetarypinball.com/docs/PPS%20Rights%20Overview.pdf

Thanks for the advice and it makes sense for sure.
I have contacted and exchanged on this already. I have also contacted an attorney to discuss things about this since i don’t feel everything is right.
I really don’t understand Mirco’s behavior, this is beyond strange.

Between us, I’d much rather prefer using my energy for good vibes and project than this, but that’s how it is.

1 week later
#96 7 months ago

quick update, the project is still on its way:

- played around 3 hours this week end and fix couple of things:

added time if door is opened during the game to release ball in bazaar or lefteject location
a bug with one of the bazaar option animation which prevent the points to be given
one lamp show effect didn't start during fireball mode
make a wish animation has been reworked

detected issue to be corrected:
voice to call "lock 2" for "lock 1"
genie multiball start with 2 balls (instead of 3) in a specific case

also... I will test a hardware upgrade soon to improve the overall performance.

#97 7 months ago

new fix updated:

- issue with the lock mecanism and voice: fixed
- multiball start is now ok with 3 balls in all case
- rework the Make a wish animation
- fix a sound "jump" issue at the end of the bazaar mode
- increase the replay highscore because it was too easy

I might redo a video at some point to show the differences and maybe also, a little bit more the new modes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 36.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 119.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider noitbe1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-new-software-in-hd-twilight-melody-project?tu=noitbe1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.