IMG_20230321_201841 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230321_201928 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230323_184613 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230323_184621 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230326_220601 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230327_193546 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230403_155538 (resized).jpg
WM2_1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider days.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 1 year ago

On the book front page... that trinity knot is a bit off with the theme... It's a Celtic symbol, would be nice to have a more Persian symbol like a Farre Kiyâni or a Shabaz
Cheers

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

As you know, the tales of the arabian nights is not only persian, but also arabic and indian. This symbol has been inspired by an arabic symbol found on a old arabic book I’ve found and inspire the magic which is the spirit of the jinns anf genies.
I don’t want to start a debate on this, no offense.
Here is some other samples:
[quoted image][quoted image]

haaa ok, sorry, it looked the celtic one on the image

1 month later
#17 1 year ago

lockquote cite="#7309107">thanks for your message.
Around 60 % of all the modes are in HD now including all the old modes. I miss the first final Wizard mode only. All the tales has been completly reworked. All the animation spirit has faithfull to the original with the same events like the cyclops is in the sea... but all the animations are new (no upscale): I didn't see the point to reuse really low res animation from the original which were not the best from WMS anyway with the possibility we have nowdays with a better screen and colors. Regarding the animations in 1996, CAPCOM did a much better job in the same era. Now that I can, I think TOTAN deserve better animations IMO.
Also, my HD rework include also some of the rules and modes. I will share more on that later once more adanced.
I'm still waiting for my prototype LCD speaker panel which I should have soon. Once I'll have it, I'l do a video since I can now since I have all the old original tales in HD.
Here is a quick update (sorry the video focus is not the best )

That video looks amazing

3 weeks later
#27 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

update the new highscores.
Just missing the "palace mode" but I haven't worked back on it yet.

Have you consider to use AI for the illustrations?
Could be nice and even more faster and easy to google for images online.
I tested midjouney some days ago to make some dark art and the results where impressive.

#29 1 year ago

the results of " darkness, doom, riding a horse, rk post style" RK Post is a very know illustrator that did tons of Magic the gathering cards illustrations.
But the IA can do illustrations in any style.
WhatsApp Image 2022-09-12 at 02.53.11 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-12 at 02.53.11 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#37 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I used midjourney. Amazing tool indeed.

Indded, i think the same.

2 weeks later
#42 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

this project is NOT part of to the current TOTAN 2.0 kit for sale by Mirco and will not be, so we can consider it's completly separated.
Currently, there is unfortunatly no plan to distribute it, we will see in the future if this could change.
My plan hasn't change and it is still to share this thing to the most people interested in an affordable (of course) and professional way.
I apologize if everything didn't turn out the way I wanted.
-> That's also why I've renamed my project "Twilight Melody", it was its original name and I wanted to keep it and put it back.
go back on track:
I consider this as the ultimate goal for this project so I will polish it the maximum I can:
- I have improved the rules (everything is more clear)
- the action readibility
- the animations (of course)
- the music
- fixed issues and so on so even the gameplay feel will change.
I think I should be able to share a more finished video in the next weeks also.
update:
- I've introduced a scrolling 16 bits in the flying carpet extension mode, the effect looks very nice.
- IA gave me a new Scheherazade princess.
news to come

[quoted image]

i can imagine your frustration.

This video looks great! and the IA did a great work! looks cool!

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

The new Scheherazade extension mode has been completly reworked and modified (comparing to the previsous version):
I think this mode needed easy rule, like the TOTAN spirit was:
Now, the goal is to hit one by one, in a random order, each of the separate yellow targets. This needs to be acheived in a limited period of time otherwise the tale is "failed". Since the target appear in a random order, it's not like PM where player already knew in advance the order and where to shoot.
I've also changed the music which go better with this mode.
Here some pic of the mode:
[quoted image]

Superbe l'art, et bcp plus consistente.
Very good! Want to see more

2 weeks later
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

new shooting phantom HD is done. (among some others)
Shooting phantom is the mode where the flipper action is automatic and jackpot is given by luck if the ball hit a target.
here are some pics (old and new)
few more left before I can have full working game.[quoted image][quoted image]

looks epic!

1 week later
#54 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

A lot of changes and corrections has been added since last video. I should be able to share a new video really soon, the other one will be removed: too many things have changed and correction added.
I have one last mode to finish, then I will start big testing and do adjustments. I will share more details once there.
Note, other than dark souls, there is a glimpse to Lodoss as well for my Ashram friend.

curious to see all that!

5 months later
#93 8 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

there is currently no assocation on this project whatsoever with me: I did everything on my own including assets and the code.
There is also no association also nor contract with me done with the Kit distributed by Mirco and I asked him to stop selling the kit with my code. However, I will always support my code and project however if there is a channel to do so.
-> My current code on my SD kit is way more advanced with what has been distributed by Mirco and what is he selling is an old version.
note on this : there has never been any money transfer with me with the Mirco's kit and I never approved it to sell with any form of contract.
Regarding this HD project, unfortunatly and far from my will, there is no plan to distribute it as it is today because of roadblocks I have with the license. I will continue my work as a proof of concept on this.
Worst case scenario it could serve me on other new potential projects I have in mind.

i imagine how much frustrating can be this situation for you, you don't deserve it.
I will be following your project you are doing an amazing job

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9.95
$ 36.95
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider days.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-new-software-in-hd-twilight-melody-project?tu=days and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.