7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Genie magnet switch (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

There is an option for magnet throw for the Genie magnet. Options are 1 2 or 3. Factory is 1. I tried 3 and could not tell if there was a difference. Which option throws the ball the most? Not found in the manual strangely so maybe this was a software update after the manual was printed?

Also I'm getting an intermittent "vanishing magnet is broken" credit dot. Comes and goes. Is that happening because sometimes when you hit the genie the ball skirts by the magnet so it confuses the game? (the magnet works fine).

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Also I'm getting an intermittent "vanishing magnet is broken" credit dot. Comes and goes. Is that happening because sometimes when you hit the genie the ball skirts by the magnet so it confuses the game? (the magnet works fine).

There's a microswitch in the subway just below the Genie Vanishing magnet (it will be just above it when the PF is up) Check that switch- It may be sticking. Mine was (I replaced it) and was giving me the same error, intermittently. Also, a faulty/flaky microswitch in the Bazaar scoop will throw this error as well

EDIT: The ball not catching the magnet when multiball is tripped (either by hitting Genie or target to the right) won't cause this error.

Genie magnet switch (resized).JPGGenie magnet switch (resized).JPG

1 week later
#3 7 years ago

Awesome. As a matter of fact I did have that Subway switch being a little sticky before. Maybe I will replace the micro switch body and that should solve that issue. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
$ 9.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 36.95
$ 119.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-magnet-throw-options-switch-error and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.