Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by The_Dude_Abides
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My Tales of the Arabian Nights just started having occassional left lane lock issues. When you hit genie 5 times and the left,right,center lock lights are supposed to come on and also the lock magnet gets energized, maybe 20% of the time the left lane lock light does not come on along with the other two and if you shoot the left lane the lock magnet does not catch the ball. I've checked the genie contacts. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

#2 9 years ago

It's possible the left lane switch is going bad (switch to the left of the lock magnet) and the game is compensating. Check it in switch test. Normally, when the ball rolls over this switch it tells the magnet to energize. Possible switch is stuck closed.

#3 9 years ago

Check the switch first via test, also check to see if the magnet bracket is sound (right in front of the locked ball area). Make sure it is not worn. I had a similar issue and my magnet bracket was worn I ended up replacing it and it solved my problem. I hope this may help you out. At times left lock light wont come on like when trying to shoot the Rocks you probably know that already. Check the light itself it may just be out as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Special When Lit
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside