(Topic ID: 41796)

ATTENTION PLEASE! You say TOTAN sucks, then tell my why!!!!

By PinballMikeD

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_0046.JPG
zen-pinball-Tesla_0006-1280px-50p.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s37ven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

I really love the game as is - partly for nostalgic reasons but also because it is unique, straightforward and simply fun to play. Too bad it's getting bashed so much in the "overrated" thread. The use of the sitar in counting down the lamp spins at the end of each ball is in my opinion the best "end of ball" sequence out there -- as is the end of game animation after beating the genie.

But back on topic -- a couple things I would add:

1. Make Harem multiball easier to get (maybe two letters awarded when hitting the left orbit while in lightning lamp?) and add it as one of the Bazaar awards. I find it easier to beat the genie than to get Harem multiball.

2. Enable a setting to disable jewel wishes or require two/three wishes to get a jewel.

3. Require more than one hit (at least 5?) to the orbs before being able to collect the cyclops jewel.

4. Require more than hit (at least 10?) to the pops before being able to collect the sinbad jewel.

5. Successfully throw a fireball at the genie in order to light start tale.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

There's a Harem multiball?

Sure is. You need to hit the left orbit in order to light each of the HAREM letters. When all letters are lit shoot into the Harem (where the multiballs get locked up) to begin. You can also activate it by getting 3 harem sneak-ins. Score a sneak-in by shooting the ball, via a weak left orbit shot or lucky bounce from the pop bumpers, into the trough behind the genie. It's a 2 ball multiball mode where everything on the playfield scores the Harem Jackpot which begins at 10k. You can boost the harem jackpot in the pop bumpers.

I read somewhere that Harem multiball can be started (only by sneak-ins?) while battling the genie which could lead to enormous scores since this mode is theoretically endless.

It is worth noting that you can't light harem letters when: (1) the left tiger loop is lit, (2) you are in a tale that requires a left orbit shot (e.g., sinbad), or (3) when the left lock is lit.

After writing this, at least this aspect of the game doesn't seem all that shallow and it certainly isn't easy.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It already does this...did you set yours to easy?

I don't see this feature in the adjustments menu or in the manual. Would be psyched to up the difficulty on these two. Please advise!

***EDIT: From the IPDB Rule Sheet:

Sinbad (and the Rocs)
Each bumper hit will smash one Roc (a bird of unusual size), sending feathers flying all over the display and making a very satisfying sound effect. You only need to hit one bumper to light the Jewel, the additional Rocs are just for fun (and points)!

Cyclops
Hit one of the Captive Balls, or land in the saucer next to the left Captive Ball, to launch an Orb at the Cyclops and hit him in the head with it (ouch!). Like the Rocs, you only need to do this once, but it will remain lit so you can get extra points from it. The points for hitting each Cyclops advance with each Cyclops hit during the mode: starting at 10K, they increase by 10K each time (to 20K, 30K, etc.).

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

wouldn't have purchased it and restored it otherwise

Your TOTAN is bananas -- it really lives up to the term "better than new" but why didn't you go all out and plate the shooting star cages?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Baltimore, MD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s37ven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside