(Topic ID: 41796)

ATTENTION PLEASE! You say TOTAN sucks, then tell my why!!!!

By PinballMikeD

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_0046.JPG
zen-pinball-Tesla_0006-1280px-50p.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

When I owned it we had a self-enforced rule that you could not wish yourself the gems (modes). It ruins the game. Also, I don't like being locked in a mode ball-to-ball until you finish it. If you drain while in a mode clear it out and make the player have to qualify it again to start it.

Wishing the Gems is what makes it so (too) easy to get to the (disappointing) Wizard Mode:

Quoted from smassa:

Any game where not finishing the wizard mode is more lucrative there is something wrong. Eliminate the jewels from the scoop as someone mentioned above. It's not a horrible game but is most likely in the top 10 mostly on looks alone. It sure is a great looking game! As a Player though it falls well short of the top 10 IMO.

Yep.

http://papa.org/blog/2011/02/genies-harems-dont-mix/

Quoted from markmon:

This game does not suck. It's in the top 10. A few people might think its overrated but that doesn't equate to "it sucks". If it sucks so bad, why aren't they all for sale? Many people think Twilight Zone sucks.
TOTAN is a very unique game. It's the only one I know of that's truly a quest that can be completed and plays out as one. The game is hard until you figure it out.

A few people think it's overrated? Well, 96 people who took the time to vote in the poll (at last count) to be exact.

But I agree, being voted the most overrated pin in the Top 10 does not equate to the pin "sucking". There are certain things about it that are lacking as pointed out above. Despite being highly overrated, I'd still like to own one. For awhile, anyway. But not at current pricing.

3 weeks later
#65 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

It doesn't suck. The ONLY change I would make would be that Wishes are fully random. You don't know what choices you are going to get. Sometimes wish a mode away shows up, sometimes it doesn't. All random luck of the draw. that's the only thing i'd change. Rest of the game is really awesome.

How about the obvious glitch where it makes more sense to *not* defeat the wizard mode in order to score way more points?

#70 6 years ago

You got that right! Thread title should be changed.

I think it's overrated, but that most certainly doesn't mean that it sucks. If I thought that, it wouldn't be on my wish list.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

How do you score more by not beating it?

I should have said by not beating it quickly. You want to play it as long as you can. Herg nailed it.

Quoted from herg:

The Harem exploit is different than the "don't beat the Genie" exploit. When you are in the wizard mode and start to get close to beating the Genie, drain a couple balls on purpose, sending the Princess back toward the Genie. Don't win, but don't lose. You get wizard mode points the whole time, and there is no risk of ending your game since it's an infinite multiball. Ask DCFAN how well this works.

CV has the same issue with Ringmaster Battle. Keep two or three of the inserts lit, but don't defeat the Ringmaster, but don't let him defeat you. In other words, when you take a lot of his strength, stop hitting him for awhile to let him regain strength. Keep going to score huge points.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That might leave chafing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Baltimore, MD
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 209.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside