(Topic ID: 41796)

ATTENTION PLEASE! You say TOTAN sucks, then tell my why!!!!

By PinballMikeD

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_0046.JPG
zen-pinball-Tesla_0006-1280px-50p.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

6. do something about the pointless skillshot.

The skill shot isn't pointless. It's awesome. It's a two stage skill shot. The first has to be made in order to qualify for the super which is the ramp.

Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Based on the recent “TOP 10 Overrated Thread” it appears this is the machine that most folks voted for (including myself, although I own the machine). So, my question is this: What would you do differently if you could reprogram the game? You can’t change the playfield layout in any way, just the software. I can think of a few things, but I’m interested to see what you guys come up with.

This game does not suck. It's in the top 10. A few people might think its overrated but that doesn't equate to "it sucks". If it sucks so bad, why aren't they all for sale? Many people think twilight zone sucks.

TOTAN is a very unique game. It's the only one I know of that's truly a quest that can be completed and plays out as one. The game is hard until you figure it out.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I think everyone is in agreement that the jewels/modes shouldn't be collected via a wish.

No not everyone. I'll disagree. I really like the strategy here. You can either go after the event genie by battling his modes or you can rub your lamp and collect the jewels that way. It fits the premise of the game perfectly.

The game is not too easy or anything. I have people over often and hardly ever does anyone rescue the princess. The ball times are short.

3 weeks later
#77 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How about the obvious glitch where it makes more sense to *not* defeat the wizard mode in order to score way more points?

How do you score more by not beating it?

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from herg:

The Harem exploit is different than the "don't beat the Genie" exploit. When you are in the wizard mode and start to get close to beating the Genie, drain a couple balls on purpose, sending the Princess back toward the Genie. Don't win, but don't lose. You get wizard mode points the whole time, and there is no risk of ending your game since it's an infinite multiball. Ask DCFAN how well this works.

So the strategy isn't to lose. It's to drag it on as long as possible? You get. 20 mil once you finally beat the game so it seems to be beneficial to beat it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside