(Topic ID: 41796)

ATTENTION PLEASE! You say TOTAN sucks, then tell my why!!!!

By PinballMikeD

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 95 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

100_0046.JPG
zen-pinball-Tesla_0006-1280px-50p.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

To address my change there is only one. Skill Shot is awesome. But I would get rid of the Skill Shot brackets.TOTAN is one of the best pinballs ever produced. The Music is awesome. The Art work on playfield and Translight are beautiful. The female voice that talks to you is sexy & great!! It has One of the best Ramps in pinball history Brilliantly designed. The Magic Lamp is another Hall of Fame playfield toy. The Shooting star ball save with the cage shooting up through the playfield is Epic. The Multi-ball is great. Shot the Blue Evil Genie(another great toy) to collect jackpot than shoot the Orbits to relight jackpot fantastic. Hitting the Orbs to avd. X via captive balls leads to some great strategy. Harem multi-ball is very rewarding when you can spell harem than lock ball to start. Tiger loops fast to adv. to extraball. Tales are fun working to collect all the jewels to get to save princess and wizard mode. Rubbing /spinning Magic lamp for wishes/ Lightning Lamp mode awesome. Three magnets.1. lock pinballs. 2. vertical hole top of ramp magnet to catch pinball to fight evil Genie. 3.the best magnet below Evil Genie catches ball and throws it around. Then catches pinball and pulls it under the playfield to start Multi-ball. Kick-Ass innovation !! Thanks John Popadiuk. Jr. Tales of the Arabian Nights is a Masterpiece.

The ramp is very pretty but IMO it's a terrible design. On route, the moment the flippers get even a teeny bit weak, the collect jewel shot becomes impossible and you can't progress through the modes. And since they brilliantly made modes carry over from ball to ball you can't even purposely end the ball to get it out of the way.

To make it worse, you can't stack modes, or start another after one is begun.

The end game has some bad bugs.

Obviously not issues for collectors, but I typically avoid this game if I see it on location.

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from jpop:

the skill shot does not suck....actually Zen copied it for their Tesla game!.....actually they copy a lot of our stuff.....ToTan made $350-$450 a week on test for months....we tested with Kingpin....the Cyclops is from Greek and Roman mythology....Jpop

Totan's reminds me of the one in DE Hook.

#85 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

For me TOTAN is like the other Popaduik games. Strikingly beautiful, original, unique and cool looking inside and out. When I first saw it years ago I fell in love with the looks, playfield toys and the sounds immediately. After several games I just lost interest. Not a bad game by any means, but the game play is not in the same ballpark as the A-list Sterns and WMS DMD games. Many, many times over the years I have returned and tried to see what others see in this game (ToM, CV, WCS too) but I just don't.

WRT Totan, I agree, but all the rest are pretty fun to play. WCS is easily the best to me, and it's very affordable, so I bought one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 209.00
$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside