(Topic ID: 309519)

TOTAN Fuse F106 blows at start up! Help

By Holtamania

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Holtamania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Howdy!

Happy weekend.

So, I've just restored my WPC-95 TOTAN (decals and all), played it and then turned it off and put it back into the corner of the room.

Now the error check F101 and F106 error shows on the DMD. When investigating F106 was blown and I simply replaced and turned the machine back on. The Fuse blows straight away.

Long story short... I disconnected all plugs to the power drive board and identified that the fuse only blows when the J129 connector is plugged in.. (also noting that its getting 14.3 volts to pins 4 and 7 on that connector). When Tracing back the blue and red cords to the transformer.. all looks good.. What could be wrong?

Any ideas would be amazing!!

Thanks in advance.

Nick

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Run_dll:

Does it blow immediately or do any solenoids from J129 fire first then it blows?

immediately Run_dll .. as soon as i flick the switch under the cab, i see a purple flash in F106 ...
    Would any solenoids fire if nothing is plugged into the board except for F106? I was wondering if it was an earth cable touching a led or something.. but considering everything is unplugged (even including the ribbon from the cpu to driver board) it doesn't make sense...?

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

Start with diode D11-D12-D13-D14 on the powerdriver. Any of these shorted ?

zaza Thanks!! Looked like all 4 of those are giving a really strange reading (shorted) or no reading at all. I assume I need to replace these, what would cause these to short? Could it be linked to something else on the board?

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaza:

Diodes do fail over time due to aging and stress.
    Best is to lift one leg of the suspect diode and measure out of circuit.

It could be the capacitors C11+C12 but that is quite rare

Thanks mate, ill give it a go during the week.

I also wonder if it could be from a short from a solenoid or similar? I was testing the left hand side ball save / cage before i shifted it and it did seem to be losing power. I now suspect that would have happened from a failing diode/s.

Thanks for the info!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Holtamania.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-fuse-f106-blows-at-start-up-help?tu=Holtamania and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.