• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

beating_a_dead_horse.jpg
troll_6.jpg
#2 12 years ago

I emailed. Hope he is cool with shipping and it looks OK.

#3 12 years ago

That's the best deal you will find on a TOTAN. Buy it, or I will .

#4 12 years ago

I E-mailed as well, has anyone received a response back from the seller yet?

#5 12 years ago

I emailed....looking for pics

#6 12 years ago

hahhahaha I like the line "Not going to sell this cheap"

#7 12 years ago

Shhhhhhh....

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#10 12 years ago

good price, i'd buy it without hesitation... too far.

#12 12 years ago

As an out of towner I appreciated the heads up. As a golden rule..Every pinhead checks every Craigs List in their area daily : )

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

The idiot OP probably ruined it for everyone if anything.

Really dude???

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

turbo20lbs said:lukerp said:turbo20lbs said:The idiot OP probably ruined it for everyone if anything.
Sorry I tried to help out. Some people are really the loads their mom's should have swallowed. Christ I get sick of obnoxious jackholes on the Internet.
Luke
Yep, you were helping out, NO ONE in that area was looking on Craigslist for a pinball today, absolutely not a soul. Thank you for that!
As people saw, I made a very rude comment that was uncalled for; I edited it after the fact, but obviously, people had already read it. I apologize to turbo20lbs for that; I won't send a PM to him because I made the comment publicly, and should apologize publicly.
With that said, I still don't think it's proper for someone to call me an idiot for posting this. As stated above, I'm 800 miles away, have no skin in the game, and would rather a Pinsider get in on this than someone else. If ANYONE has any good suggestions for how I can notify people regarding this without turning the whole thing into an auction, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Again, I apologize; I sure wasn't put this up here to ensure someone didn't get the game.
Luke

You don't have any reason to apologize for your original post. I'm not sure what you said after that but letting other Pinsiders know that there is a good deal out there isn't anything to apologize about.

#16 12 years ago

Don't ever let people in a public forum get to you man. I was serious though, this is a great deal and I am happy you let us know about it.

#17 12 years ago

troll_6.jpgtroll_6.jpg

#18 12 years ago

@lukerp: I personally found your comments to be the best laugh I've had all day. Bravo!

Thanks for the heads up, too.

-j

#19 12 years ago

"Some people are really the loads their mom's should have swallowed"

Now that was a funny comment!

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

turbo20lbs, I'm overly sorry I screwed up the deal for you. I'm sure you could have made it from Illinois, all the way through Wisconsin, up to Minnesota to get the machine before someone else did. Obviously, the right thing to do would have been to sit back and wait for someone to post it and say, "I called, but someone was already in line," and then we all could have had a pity party for that person about the one that got away. What would YOUR personal suggestion be for how someone who lives 800 miles from the location of the machine to notify people in the general area of the machine that it was available for a good price? Christ I get sick of obnoxious jackholes on the Internet.

I don't have a horse in this race, but op you have no idea. Sellers are often willing to hold a few hours for a buyer. I have managed to snag some ridiculous deals that were 5+ hours away. By posting it on here you ensure that more people will respond to the seller's post and increase the chances that seller will either jack up the price, or not hold it.

While you mean well, in future please avoid doing this. It is very frustrating for the ones that already emailed. Like I said, I have no horse in this race, but I can very well see why Turbo acted how he did.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Like I said, I have no horse in this race, but I can very well see why Turbo acted how he did.

Hey Dung,

I somewhat agree with everything you have to say, except for that last line. People can voice disagreement with what I do in a respectful way, and he chose not to. You did, and I appreciate that.

I won't argue that CL postings can turn into auctions. Maybe that will be the result of my post; I highly doubt I'll ever find out. To offer the flipside, I came into this and said, "Hey, here's a machine; maybe someone wants it; I sure won't have any hope of getting it", and someone called me an idiot for my trouble. What I find funny, though, is that no one ever comes on here and says a person who misses out on a CL deal in his own back yard is in idiot. Instead, we get pages upon pages of "oh, you'll get the next one," and "yeah, if you don't get to it in ten minutes, someone else will", and "yeah, I JUST missed one by a few minutes".

If someone put a post up here and said, "Yeah, I'm third in line on this TOTAN outside of Minneapolis; guy's had two other calls in the past hour", and I posted saying, "Oh, yeah, saw it three hours ago; didn't think anyone would want to know", I'm pretty sure someone would say, "Well, Luke, why didn't you say anything? The person who started this thread could have had this cheap machine!" And for that person third in line, it would also be extremely frustrating to know he could have had a machine had I just said something. Maybe it's just me, but it seems I can't win either way, and if I'm going to lose, I'd rather lose so that someone on this site has a chance of getting the machine. Just my two cents.

Luke

#23 12 years ago

I also have no horse in this race, but agree with dung. The second post in this thread talks about shipping it across the country. If the seller gets an email asking him to ship a 250 lb item, he's likely to realize it's worth more than he's asking.

#24 12 years ago

I think this is just another waste of everyone's time, most likely just another wild goose chase, no phone number given, no photos, I have my doubts.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

dung said:
Like I said, I have no horse in this race, but I can very well see why Turbo acted how he did.

Hey Dung,

I somewhat agree with everything you have to say, except for that last line. People can voice disagreement with what I do in a respectful way, and he chose not to. You did, and I appreciate that.

I won't argue that CL postings can turn into auctions. Maybe that will be the result of my post; I highly doubt I'll ever find out. To offer the flipside, I came into this and said, "Hey, here's a machine; maybe someone wants it; I sure won't have any hope of getting it", and someone called me an idiot for my trouble. What I find funny, though, is that no one ever comes on here and says a person who misses out on a CL deal in his own back yard is in idiot. Instead, we get pages upon pages of "oh, you'll get the next one," and "yeah, if you don't get to it in ten minutes, someone else will", and "yeah, I JUST missed one by a few minutes".

If someone put a post up here and said, "Yeah, I'm third in line on this TOTAN outside of Minneapolis; guy's had two other calls in the past hour", and I posted saying, "Oh, yeah, saw it three hours ago; didn't think anyone would want to know", I'm pretty sure someone would say, "Well, Luke, why didn't you say anything? The person who started this thread could have had this cheap machine!" And for that person third in line, it would also be extremely frustrating to know he could have had a machine had I just said something. Maybe it's just me, but it seems I can't win either way, and if I'm going to lose, I'd rather lose so that someone on this site has a chance of getting the machine. Just my two cents.

Luke

Luke, you may not agree with my last line, but think about it. Say you have already emailed the seller, probably soon after it was posted. You feel you have a very reasonable chance of getting the machine. It isn't a sure thing, but I have caught posts within 10 minutes of them going up (sometimes, you just get stupidly lucky) and that usually means you are first.

Now after doing that you come on here to see someone that has no shot of getting it posted it up on here. Now tons of folks are going to be emailing. Some may offer more, some may email more than once. Essentially speaking the seller is going to wonder why he got all these responses so fast. Your chances of getting that great deal just went down the toilet. You would be more than a little miffed wouldn't you? Deals like that don't come up everyday and while you meant well, you may have just screwed turbo over pretty badly. From where he is sitting, he has a right to feel cheated and no it isn't the best thing to voice it, but I won't blame him.

#26 12 years ago

Gosh you people take these posts so crazy. Has the seller even contacted anyone that emailed? I haven't heard back.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Gosh you people take these posts so crazy. Has the seller even contacted anyone that emailed? I haven't heard back.

Most likely it is either gone or the seller is trying to figure out what he should do.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Most likely it is either gone or the seller is trying to figure out what he should do.

It's neither, fake ad.

#29 12 years ago

If I find a good deal I didn't want I would pass it along....it's not like CL isn't a public place, nor if it's a sure thing your going to get it. Early bird gets the worm anyway you slice it.....you win some, you lose some. Luke did nothing wrong...Some of you guys don't make the rules no matter how much you think you run the show. What makes you outspoken guys so special, what gives you the right to be miffed at anybody over posting a public ad? Some people need to get off their high horse....frankly I don't care or respect who some of you THINK you are.

#31 12 years ago

somebody got a smokin deal.

#32 12 years ago

Posting it in public isn't really helping anyone. More than likely you may have caused the seller to get 50 extra emails and in turn jack the price up.

If you want to "help", then pass the deal along in private to your friends or a collector you know in that area.

Think about if you were the one who got screwed when you thought you had the deal locked down?

Wish I could find a TOTAN for that price haha....next time tell me only...especially if its in BC

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Luke did nothing wrong...Some of you guys don't make the rules no matter how much you think you run the show. What makes you outspoken guys so special, what gives you the right to be miffed at anybody over posting a public ad? Some people need to get off their high horse....frankly I don't care or respect who some of you THINK you are.

Well Played Sir! I agree. Who says you would have got it, even if it wasn't posted on here. If you miss out on a deal, blame yourself, not someone else. I'm glad he posted it, and hope people continue to do so. I'm on here a lot more than I'm surfing CL. It's great to have a heads up!

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

The deal was real!

Proof ???

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from pin-tastic:

GAP said:

The deal was real!

Proof ???

...the GAP ad next week for a TOTAN @ 6K?

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from Firebaall:

...the GAP ad next week for a TOTAN @ 6K? []

Your probably right

#37 12 years ago

So what about the TOTAN? Somebody actually buy it, that price!?Smokin deal!!

#38 12 years ago

I will give you 3500 for it. Quick grand : )

#39 12 years ago

"High horse", "horse race", what's with you guys and horses? I don't have a horse, cow, or goat in this race either. No one ruined a deal for me, but it is very likely Luke's "helpful" post did nothing helpful for this great deal.

It's been already stated by the few here with any common sense or actual experience, that these types of public postings of CL deals have a high chance of driving up the price and possibly ruining it for others.

Sure there might have plenty of interested buyers already getting the sellers attention, without Luke's post, but the post just adds to that even further. CL is enough as it is, as soon as you post it here, you add more exposure on Pinside and RGP as well.

Luke, maybe you aren't an idiot, but your post was idiotic. Sorry for directly calling you such a harsh word. How it went from idiot, to the subject of sperm and my Mother swallowing or not, is beyond me.

#40 12 years ago

i missed the ad what were they asking?

#41 12 years ago

I understand the "issues" people have with listing or announcing a "deal" from craigslist here.

...understand this though:

There are enough jokers using RSS feeds that get these listings in these competitive markets every few minutes, that it makes 0 difference. If it's posted for a decent price it's going to get hammered.

The gauntlet will be run from the dealers, flaggers, collectors, and tire kickers. Be assured.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

"High horse", "horse race", what's with you guys and horses? I don't have a horse, cow, or goat in this race either. No one ruined a deal for me, but it is very likely Luke's "helpful" post did nothing helpful for this great deal.
It's been already stated by the few here with any common sense or actual experience, that these types of public postings of CL deals have a high chance of driving up the price and possibly ruining it for others.
Sure there might have plenty of interested buyers already getting the sellers attention, without Luke's post, but the post just adds to that even further. CL is enough as it is, as soon as you post it here, you add more exposure on Pinside and RGP as well.
Luke, maybe you aren't an idiot, but your post was idiotic. Sorry for directly calling you such a harsh word. How it went from idiot, to the subject of sperm and my Mother swallowing or not, is beyond me.

Who cares if inadvertently his post brought more buyers into the picture. If you saw it beforehand & struck a deal with the seller great. If not whats wrong with the seller getting fair value for his TOTAN if others offered more then he was asking.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from dvandentop:

i missed the ad what were they asking?

$ 2,400

#44 12 years ago

If the seller was asking 2400 and some of you guys offered more than his asking, intern driving the price up, that's your fault not Lukes or the sellers. On the business end of things, stuff forsale should be first come first serve. You guys that offer more to try and move up in line is whats wrong here....anyway go pout in the corner, you wasn't first, get over it.

#45 12 years ago

now your high horse is a dead horse...stop beating it

beating_a_dead_horse.jpgbeating_a_dead_horse.jpg

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Who cares if inadvertently his post brought more buyers into the picture. If you saw it beforehand & struck a deal with the seller great. If not whats wrong with the seller getting fair value for his TOTAN if others offered more then he was asking.

Exactly. So funny, people are so worried about this thread "ruining it for a potential buyer" but have no problem with the fact that the seller is actually screwing themselves by selling it so cheap.

#47 12 years ago

"TOTAN for sale"? To Pinsiders, that's like posting an offer of "Free sex", lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-for-sale-mn-not-mine?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.