(Topic ID: 259874)

TOTAN flippers not working

By SkinnyFats

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

My TOTAN has been folded up for several years. I pulled it out this week and set it up again. Everything’s fine except the flippers don’t work at all.

Well, it’s not just the flippers. The left diverter doesn’t work either. Neither does the loop post diverter. Didn’t test the vanish magnet, but it seems everything connected to J120 is having issues. J120 looks fine.

The flipper switches test fine in switch test.

The coils for the flippers and the diverters all show roughly 70 volts. If I ground the middle tab of the flipper coils they fire.

Checked fuses. F104 was blown. I replaced it and that didn’t fix anything. The new fuse did not blow. All other fuses tested fine.

What should I check next?

#2 4 years ago

For a game to sit for awhile first thing to do is Reseat all the connectors and ribbon connectors.Do this with the game powered off

#3 4 years ago

Yeah that was it. I reseated all the connectors on the power board last night with no effect. Today I did the same on the CPU board and everything was back to normal.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
$ 36.95
$ 84.99
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-flippers-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.