34%
  • Cirqus Voltaire 83 votes
    42%

(197 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image1.JPG
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

Almost any other WPC game > CV > TOTAN > TOM

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

My last Vegas trip says it all...

image1.JPG 140 KB

My Lord, that tattoo is just awful. Did you buy it in an alley? You should watch a few episodes of inkmaster before you let some butcher maim you like that again.

WRT to the OP, I would refrain from buying all three and would probably look for two very nice System 11's that will have lasting play value. I don't think any of JPop's games stand the test of time. But I must admit they are very beautiful in a darkened arcade.

Post edited by SadSack: I felt guilty for not answering the OP.

#53 9 years ago

I had TOTAN,TOM, and WCS. I have played a lot of CV. I want a CV and would rate it slightly anead of TOTAN and 3rd I would put TOM. These are all fun games TOTAN lasted 3 years and I miss it and TOM lasted 1 year and I really don't miss it. WCS lasted 1 month and it is not anywhere close to the other 3.

#54 9 years ago

WCS, CV, TOTAN, TOM. For the $ and bang, it is the best Jpop!

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I enjoy playing all 3 games but wouldn't want to own any of them. Just not enough depth/challenge to keep me coming back long term. Of the 3 CV has the best software and it's really a beautiful game but I know I'd get sick of it quickly as the shot selection is very limited. Wish there was a way to disable Rooney and Copycat as well.

I'm with you on Copy Cat... but not Rooney!

#56 9 years ago

CV has always been the top draw for me, the artwork is awesome and I agree with most of you that the additional modes helps to keep it fresh more then TOM or TOTAN. It will definately be my next purchase, now the hard part is finding a nice one at a decent price.

#57 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

CV has always been the top draw for me, the artwork is awesome and I agree with most of you that the additional modes helps to keep it fresh more then TOM or TOTAN. It will definately be my next purchase, now the hard part is finding a nice one at a decent price.

Not easy too find one at a good price ,out of the 3 that I own I just sold the the CV ,it was the one I wasn't playing any more I got board with it faster then the other two ,still have the other two and still playing them ,but everyone is different in there games ,enjoy

1 month later
#58 9 years ago

Cv is #1 for me, then totan followed by tom

#59 9 years ago

CV all the way although all 3 are outstanding. CV has a ton of ways to play it. I generally bring up the ringmaster and work the left side of the playfield and try to stack. Joining the cirqus and progressing is awesome. Neon is great although too rare, copycat is the only real sucky thing about the game and not because of what you are doing but because the sound is just not pleasant. 2 visible multiball locks is awesome and great use of highwire, ringmaster, and juggler magnets. The price is the largest of the group though.

#60 9 years ago

I think CV is the nicest looking of the three, but my rankings would be:

1) TOM
2) CV
3) TOTAN

With TOM and CV being pretty close and TOTAN being a distant third.

I could have bought CV NIB at close out for ~$1900 (my justification was I had done the WMS web site for Medieval and bought the game and since I also did the Cirqus Voltaire site, I should get that game too).

My wife said I was out of my mind and I wasn't buying a game with a creepy clown on it.

#61 9 years ago

Hmmm...TOM out of those I guess. Never been a huge TOTAN or CV fan. I like them for sure, and they mostly look & sound great, but not totally in love with them.

Looks - TOTAN, TOM, CV

#62 9 years ago

Tom is awesome great mods avail too.cv is a close second love the art and colors priced way to high and the I am the ringmaster thing gets old but it's still awesome Totan is great too not a fan of the theme.

#63 9 years ago

CV never gets old for me. I swap out all of my other pins (including TOTAN), but CV stands.

#64 9 years ago

CV is in the lead, with a nearly 10 point advantage over second place TOTAN, and a 17 point lead over TOM.

Seems right to me.

#65 9 years ago

I would agree that CV is the best in this group. One thing that puzzles me is that in this thread and a prior one that ranked JPOP games (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-jpops-best-game) the consensus of the poll (and comments) was that the order should be:

1. CV
2. TOTAN
3. TOM

However in the pinside top 100 ranking they are in the opposite order (currently 9. TOM, 10. TOTAN, and 16. CV). This is a bit puzzling to me, although I would guess it is because CV tends to be more polarizing that the other 2.

#66 9 years ago

Poor WCS94 always gets left out of the JPop B/W discussions. It's my least favorite theme, but easily one of the better players.

#67 9 years ago

CV is the best of the three, then TOM, and easily last is TOTAN. I despise TOTANs sound/music package and it's rules are weak and unbalanced...plus the upper right is wasted on poorly spaced pop bumpers you rarely access.

1 month later
#68 8 years ago

Well, took a while but I finally have a CV coming. Should have it in within a couple of weeks. I'm excited to add something different to my group of games.

#69 8 years ago

You're excited about the Dark Lord (it's a Russian Imperial Stout by 3Floyds) I have to bring now.

#70 8 years ago

Owned all three, TOM for 6 years, TOTAN for 5 years, CV for 12 years.

Still own CV & TOTAN

I would put WCS94 after CV, TOTAN & before TOM for Popadiuk Games.

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

You're excited about the Dark Lord (it's a Russian Imperial Stout by 3Floyds) I have to bring now.

Yep, next time your up we will enjoy some good beer and play some CV. Now you just need to sell me your AC/DC.

#72 8 years ago

Man, CV is my favorite. You know I just live in MJ, so invite a brother over. Congrats!

2 weeks later
#75 8 years ago

CV finally is in the game room.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#76 8 years ago

vote for the minority:ToM,dig the flow and the trunk and the theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

13,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, WI
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinheadz

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 11,300.00
Pinball Machine
Yellow River Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-cv-or-tom/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.