B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I'm in too!

And I'll start a topic: do you have a favorite jewel mission? Mine is Ali Baba - there's something really satisfying about hitting the left targets and having it ricochet up to hit the right targets. There's always a sense of accomplishment when I spell SESAME.

#14 9 years ago

Just curious if anyone has ever thought to make plastic or rubber covers for the skill shot baskets. I always worry about metal-on-metal contact damaging the balls and the TOTAN skill shot can be really brutal.

#24 9 years ago

My mod wishlist:

1. Color DMD
2. Mirror blades
3. Sword handle shooter (made for LOTR, but makes more sense on a TOTAN)
4. Bazaar light (red, I think)

How would one mount that cobra on a TOTAN skill shot?

#26 9 years ago

Thought I'd share the progress on my TOTAN cabinet re-design. I love that the playfield graphics are based on the Art Nuveau paintings of Alphonse Mucha, but I wish the cabinet art followed through on that style. So I've decided to create new designs - so far, I've got a good handle on the backbox decals and I'm mostly done with a new translite. Please keep in mind that these are still works in progress:

TOTANbackbox072814.pngTOTANbackbox072814.png TOTANtranslite072814.pngTOTANtranslite072814.png
#32 9 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Does anyone get ball hangups on the swirly ramp behind the genie?
Or any other hangups?
Every once in a while I have to remove the backglass to free a stuck ball, far more often on TOTAN than any other game in my collection.
Besides adjusting the pitch, are there any fixes for this?
Thanks,
Brad

There are about eight places on my machine where the ball gets stuck (I was actually getting ready to post about this and still might). A light ramp shot will get stuck right on the outer curve and I find it infuriating. Sorry, besides playing with the pitch, I don't have a solution - I'm just glad I'm not alone in my frustration.

2 weeks later
#35 9 years ago

I thought I'd post another in-progress update of my Mucha-inspired cabinet redesign. I decided that the translite I was working on would look better as the side cabinet art. Next, I'm thinking of drawing three baskets on the right with a lamp on top of one and the smoke coming out would spell the title of the game. The foliage is just a place holder but it may find a permanent place.

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 11.55.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-22 at 11.55.24 AM.png
2 months later
#39 9 years ago

I just got my custom shooter rod and installed it last night! It was designed by Pinsider pinball_customs for a Stern LOTR, but I asked him to paint it purple for my TOTAN. I think it's a perfect fit for this game!

PB060120.JPGPB060120.JPG
2 months later
#74 9 years ago

TOTANtranslight.jpgTOTANtranslight.jpg
#77 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

OK, time out!
Where does one get one of those?! I like that a lot!
Chris

Thanks! Made it myself. It's the first part of a complete cabinet re-design that I hope to do on my own machine and then sell to a manufacturer.

3 months later
#119 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I'm hitting the targets but between launching the balls and try hitting the target I cant win against the genie. Any tips or is this game that difficult without auto ball launch?

Here's what I do when I get to the Genie Battle:

1. Focus your shots on the red Shooting Star targets above the left slingshot. They're the closest golden symbol to the flippers and often the easiest to hit. Work on backhanding that shot from the left flipper and rolling it up off the right flipper. If you miss, you might send the ball through the left orbit, scoring another golden symbol. If you hit it just right, it will ricochet off the targets (or another ball) and hit the right targets, between the Harem and the Genie for a double-hit.

2. Keep as many balls on the playfield as you can, even if that means cradling, flailing or sending a ball somewhere that doesn't advance the bottle. More balls in motion = more chance at productive hits. And it also means less time dealing with the plunger.

3. Re-plunging balls is what makes Genie Battle really challenging and the best advice I can give is to just choose your moments. Wait to plunge only when all the balls are in the back of the playfield or safely away from the flippers and outlanes. Let the saucer, Harem, Bazaar and shooting star ball savers be your friends, holding a ball for a moment and letting you get another one back in the game.

3 weeks later
#141 8 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Just got this from Pinball decals today
Can't wait to get this installed:-D20150528_202655.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

*swoon*

3 weeks later
#225 8 years ago

Cointaker's LED kit has beautiful color without over-saturating the playfield. They have warm whites for the slingshots and their frosted purple and pink bulbs give off a bright, subtle color. The more vivid colors are left for the inserts and around the edges and back of the table.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

What colors on the back panel ? Looks like one socket on left and three on back right wall

Frosted orange LED's behind the flying horse and flying carpet plastics. Makes it look like a sunset on the horizon.

5 months later
#320 8 years ago
Quoted from bstyles:

Someone should make a 3D printed clip-on protector - would be much better than sliced tube.

I've designed some, I have the 3D printable files and I've shown them around to mod-makers but no one is interested in making them. I think the problem is materials - silicone is too expensive to print and other materials are too brittle for high- impact areas.

For now, tubing is still the best bet.

#327 8 years ago
Quoted from Cleveland-Irish:

Bought a TOTAN a few weeks ago. I noticed that there is a tiny hole by the pop bumpers. Should there be a post here? It seems like my balls always zoom right through and never seem to hit the bumpers.

Yes - check under the playfield. There should be a coil with a retracting post that comes up at certain points in the game to deflect the ball into the pops, rather than making a full orbit.

#332 8 years ago

Sinbad & the Rocs is tough without that post - the ball can just whiz by without hitting any pops.

2 months later
#368 8 years ago

I was able to position the wire leading from the Genie targets down under the playfield, so they block the ball from catching on the "treasure" plastic. It's one of the three or four places that should have a post installed to prevent stuck balls.

3 months later
#420 7 years ago

Here's mine.

TOTANtranslight_(resized).jpgTOTANtranslight_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#447 7 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Love mine. Will never understand the hate it always gets in other threads. Or the silly rule that you're not allowed to have more than one JPop pin in a collection. (I also own a TOM.)

I learned quickly that the fastest way to start an argument on Pinside is to say something positive about TOTAN. It's my all-time favorite game, but there are some serious haters out there.

2 months later
#478 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I posted an hour ago, went out and fired her up, and darn near beat the genie twice on my first game. 89M score. Does the honeymoon feeling on this game wear off quickly? Because, right now, I can't get enough. Also, besides a color dmd which is a must in my opinion, what other add one should a guy get?

LEDs really make her sparkle and there are alternate translites. Also, a speaker upgrade and interactive saber topper are available. I also love my sword-handle shooter rod. Personally, I think the skeleton and treasure chest mods are overpriced.

1 week later
#486 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

How do you guys keep the bottom of the genie clean? I just changed mine for a new one, and with a few plays it's dirty already...

I use a de-greasing water-based cleaner during my twice-a-year cleanings. It also helps to change balls regularly and make sure to clean the subway - the ball can pick up a lot of grime down there.

Same goes for the lamp post rubbers, which also tend to get dirty fast.

1 week later
#492 7 years ago

Well... $#%*

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else try this solution?

P9090390 (resized).JPGP9090390 (resized).JPG

P9090391 (resized).JPGP9090391 (resized).JPG

P9090392 (resized).JPGP9090392 (resized).JPG

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I just ran into the same exact issue the other month. Fixed it the same too. Very disappointed. Mantis has new ones that I'm told fix the issue. My original one had been rewelded but the back hasn't broke.

This is my second skillshot assembly and I'm not eager to buy a third. My game came with the ridges below two targets broken off. If The rivets give way, I'll switch to screws and locknuts.

1 month later
#533 7 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Need some help on where these two pieces go.

The bottle is a key fob and the dagger covers the ramp diverter coil to the right of the Genie (it points toward the player).

#540 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The left one goes onto the diverter.

Yep - my mistake. The round one goes on the game.

2 weeks later
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I've been searching for LED inspiration. I've got all incandescent bulbs now. What do you think of this as a model?
All opinions welcome!

Nice! This is a game that looks good with a lot of color - mine has purple GI along the back edges, red in the Harem, orange in the back panel and blue towards the front. I like soft white in all my slingshots. My playfield lights match the inserts, except for the BAZAAR row - starting with the orange "make a wish" insert, it goes yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, red.

I like the idea of Comet's fire bulbs in the three wish lights and bay be in the carpet insert in front of the ramp. Red flashers look good by the scoop and the captive ball.

2 months later
#586 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I just picked up a nice Totan. It was in need of a few fixes and a good cleaning. I shopped it out.
Titan rubbers added. Flame polished the ramps and plastics.
It's been on my must own list for years. So glad I finally have a nice one.
Next is Led OCD. And either mirror blades or decals. Then color DMD.

The sides are obstructed by ramps on the left and the skillshot on the right, but I don't regret installing mirror blades on mine. Especially with colored LEDs - it makes the whole game brighter and it's easier to keep track of the ball in the pops area. Consider a ColorDMD as well. Yours looks like a beaut!

2 months later
#657 7 years ago

Just checked mine and it doesn't have the hole. Where can I find the serial number? I suspect mine was made later in the production run.

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Sorry if this has already been discussed here...
What are some of the suggested flipper bat/flipper rubber colour combinations for TOTAN? Red/purple, purple/red, something else? Mine are a boring black and white and I need to fix that.
I am not a fan of flipper armour (too busy for me).

Mine are original white bats with purple Superbands.

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

The folks who sent it to me say the original Williams mold was shaped like this. Can anyone confirm theirs isn't a bit warped? Maybe intentional to be more visible?

Mine's a little off-center too but I always thought it was a little melted. The previous owner left it in the sun.

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I did send a photo by the way. He says that's what the Williams mold looks like. He said he gets them from PPS and mods them, and "most have angles."
Here is another angle:

Yep. My original is bent in the same direction at about the same degree.

#696 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Pic or it didn't happen

P4130043 (resized).JPGP4130043 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#735 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

What are everyone's feelings about the various Cliffy protectors for TOTAN? Reminder on what they are:
-Bazaar scoop
-Magnet lift ramp
-Orb hole (ring)
-Genie magnet (ring)
-Tiger magnet (ring)
-Left and right ramp end patches
I'm definitely going to implement the scoop and magnet lift ramp.
I get the idea the the ramp end patches are mostly for broken ramps, and require drilling into the ramp, so I think I'll keep these for if/when the common break happens.
The rings I'm totally torn about. I realize these holes tend to chip, but the rings totally change the look of the playfield, and sticking things to the playfield just feels wrong to me. Have you all implemented these rings?

The bazaar protector and genie magnet rings are musts (even though the genie ring causes crazy air balls and the scoop protector tends to get bent out of shape). I've had problems with the orb hole and tiger magnet protectors staying in place and got rid of them when I was finally sick of fishing them off the playfield and sticking them back in place. I never bothered with the ramp patches - messing up those expensive ramps is too risky and mine showed no sign that they were needed.

1 month later
#824 6 years ago

Last night I checked my playfield pitch - the manual recommends 6.5 degrees and mine was at 6.4. As an experiment, I adjusted it to 6.7 and am loving it! No more balls flying off the ramp and getting stuck in the corner! No balls getting stuck on the magnet Cliffy! Faster play in general!

The only persistent problem I was hoping to solve was that when a weak ramp shot spirals back, the ball drops into the pops, rather than onto the right "snake" ramp.

3 weeks later
#883 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Anyone have the lighted sword mod they care to share pictures or feedback on

I just got one! It's pretty cool. Easy to install, comes with a clear plastic stand and instructions. I switched mine out to color LED's. I recommend getting velcro spots to keep it in place. It does everything the seven jewel lights between the flippers do - sword progress as well as other light shows. It stands about 6" from the top of the backbox (I have clearance issues where mine is placed, so that was an issue for me)

I only have two minor complaints: the jewel colors on the sword don't match the corresponding colors on the playfield (which also don't match my ColorDMD). For example, "Cyclops" is blue on the playfield, green on the sword (and kind of a turquoise on the ColorDMD).

Also, I realize that it's a specialty item, there's a specific niche demand and they're probably hand-assembled, but I was expecting something a little more substantial for the price. It looks beautiful installed when viewed from the flippers, but holding it up close, it's a lightweight plastic sword. It's meant to be looked at from a distance.

If you like color and being dazzled by a good light show, the sword topper adds a lot of interest and movement to the periphery of your view while playing. I'd certainly recommend it over those etched lucite toppers.

#885 6 years ago

Oh! Yes, I thought you meant the sword topper.

2 months later
#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

mirror blades or pinblades?? Im torn maybe you guys can help me out

I love my mirror blades for the extra light they reflect back onto the playfiled, but be aware that the effect is different from other games - the high ramp on the left and the skill shot the right of TOTAN tend to block that "doubling"effect you get on most other games.

1 year later
#1196 5 years ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

20181123_095309_resized (resized).jpg20181123_095309_resized (resized).jpg
20181123_095253_resized (resized).jpg20181123_095253_resized (resized).jpg
20181123_101927_resized (resized).jpg20181123_101927_resized (resized).jpg
20181123_144718_resized (resized).jpg20181123_144718_resized (resized).jpg

6 months later
#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Aside from Cliffys and LEDs what are some must have mods? Any other protection or upgrades that solve original game issues? I assume there are power board reset issues with this game, like other WPC games of the era? Do I need to look at any board fixes (replacing molex connectors, etc)? Code updates?
I have a new to me, great shape TOTAN in the back of my car and I'm itching to order some stuff for it. Already ordered with Cliffy a week ago but it's like a 2 month wait.

I recommend mirror blades, ColorDMD and the interactive sword topper. All are easy to install and look great.

#1266 4 years ago

Sorry, one more from a TOTAN n00b. The right cage I assume works just like the magna save on TOM, right? Eddy sensor? What would cause the cage to raise and lower several times every once in a while. It seems maybe related to something gameplay but definitely not the ball being near. It had an issue raising (the bracket seemed a bit bent, put it back straight and it raises and lowers fine in the test now) but it freaks out every so often and goes up and down. It did it exceedingly a lot with multiball. I am going to look at the eddy sensors tomorrow, I assume they have adjustment like TOM.

Sorry, one more from a TOTAN n00b. The right cage I assume works just like the magna save on TOM, right? Eddy sensor? What would cause the cage to raise and lower several times every once in a while. It seems maybe related to something gameplay but definitely not the ball being near. It had an issue raising (the bracket seemed a bit bent, put it back straight and it raises and lowers fine in the test now) but it freaks out every so often and goes up and down. It did it exceedingly a lot with multiball. I am going to look at the eddy sensors tomorrow, I assume they have adjustment like TOM.

Check the switch metric for odd connections - I once replaced my ramp standup target and accidentally wired it backwards, which caused the left ball save to fire at weird times. Have you replaced any parts or re-wired anything recently?

The TOTAN ball saves run on an opto switch, so it might be wax or dust on the playfield setting it off. Make sure the clear inserts and the lenses under the shooting star plastics are unobstructed.

2 months later
#1370 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So, for those that got the Genie Eyes mod, is it worth $40?
Seems like you could make this for $10
https://www.pinballdecals.com/TOTANGenieBlueEyePage.html

I never understood this. Why not just put a blue flasher bulb in the Genie and get the same effect for $1.25?

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I did just that, a blue flasher led inside. Close to the same. I did get a fireball lit for the genie's hand . Lights up during the genie throwing it. Pretty nice,easy to do. Lots of mods for this title.

I put a red bulb in my Genie and I like the effect even better.

2 weeks later
#1390 4 years ago

Have you ever been to a pool at night, when it's completely dark out but the lights inside the pool are on and the water is still? It's an eerie, mysterious glow beneath the glassy surface. That's the same feeling looking down onto a TOTAN playfield. Pinstadiums are great in some games (might get them for my Baywatch) but I wouldn't want them in my TOTAN.

2 weeks later
#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I have one right at the end of the ball trough before the shooter.

Mine is set up with double rings by the pop bumpers, against the ball lock rail.

1 month later
#1491 4 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

This error is caused by the microswitch in
the subway just under the vanish magnet not registering properly. this could be by a flaky/bad switch, a bent actuation wire, or just not hitting the switch for 25+ games

Sometimes my ball moves too fast and the magnet doesn't catch it. In that case, the game is expecting the subway switch to close and, when it doesn't, it posts an error. It usually goes away after the next successful catch.

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from avspin:

FYI I'm selling some cool blueprints on ebay one of which is the TOTAN Lamp if anyone is interested.
ebay.com link

That's really cool!

And it settles a long-standing debate: the TOTAN lamp was designed to be symmetrical.
A lot of our original lamps have a slight kink in the base causing them to lean slightly to one side. Must have been a production issue.

3 months later
#1573 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Greetings All,
Having an issue with the Harem Sneak-in hole in the far back of playfield. Ball drops into the hole, into the subway that is supposed to shoot it out of the Bazaar scoop but it is getting stuck in the subway. It is getting stuck directly below the hole that it falls into. I only way to get it out is to fish it out from above the playfield, into the hole with a magnet. It seems like the ball should just roll down the subway, from back to front, via gravity and then shoot out of the Bazaar scoop but something it causing it to get stuck. Anyone have this issue? Driving me nuts!!!
thanks in advance.

That happens to me sometimes. I got it to go down the subway correctly 95% of the time by unscrewing the subway support screws right after the entrance a little bit. Not the one at the very end, but the two Further down the playfield. Just enough the pitch the ramp downwards a bit more.

7 months later
#1733 3 years ago

Guys, I’ve owned my TOTAN for six years and yesterday I discovered something I’ve never seen before.

For the first time ever I made three Tiger Loops in a row and it gave me a special fanfare and point bonus. I also think there was a graphic on the DMD, but it happened really fast.

Has anyone come across this?

4 months later
#1888 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

On the left ramp shot when the ball hits that loop I've had it get stuck just after the switch and before the magnet. Is that a pretty common area for the ball to hang up at? It got stuck because the ball didn't have enough energy to make it up that magnet ramp area and rolled back down to the switch and the switch kept it from leaving the ramp.[quoted image]

That's a danger of a gentle ramp shot. It's one of the 8 places where balls regularly get stuck on my machine.

2 weeks later
#1927 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Does totan have a video mode

It does not.

1 month later
#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Whant angle do you all have your TOTAN at?

Mine’s at 6.7 degrees - slightly higher than the manual recommends.

2 months later
#2135 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

When I’m dead. My dumb family will probably sell it for cheap

My last words will be “Don’t take less than $6500.”

5 months later
#2232 2 years ago

Just tuned up my pin, lot of flashers out. Couple questions. What are you using LED-wise to replace wedge #906 flasher bulbs?
On a separate topic, I was in the Scheherazade mode and at one point the lady genie is on the screen with a short countdown. What is the countdown for?

Scheherazade is the only timed mode. If you can hit all five Golden Symbol shots and collect the jewel in 40(?) seconds, you can earn a 1M point bonus. If the timer runs out before all five shots are completed, the ramp will light and you can collect the jewel for whatever value you accumulated.

#2236 2 years ago

I notice the ramp lights up after just hitting 1 of the shots. Also as you hit a shot it doesn’t unlight. So I’m guess you mentally need to keep track of the shots right? Also is there a display showing the 1MIl bonus? I thought I got it but didn’t see any screen

Correct. After you hit the first shot, you can cash out and collect the jewel (hence the ramp lighting). The best strategy, if you’re going for the 1M bonus, is to hit the ramp last. This will count as the “star” shot and collect the jewel at the same time. Or you can hit the ramp first, then the other four shots and then the ramp again to collect, but that’s one more shot to make in 40 seconds.

During the mode, you can hit the same shots over and over, to increase the jewel value, even though that doesn’t help you towards the bonus. That’s why the golden symbol lights don’t stop flashing until the timer runs out.

You’ll notice that when you hit one of the shots, the Genie names a symbol associated with that shot. From left to right it’s Sun, Moon, Star, Daggar and Lightning Bolt. You can see each of those symbols in the artwork on each golden symbol insert. You’ll also see those same symbols on the blue bonus inserts in the same order, from bottom to top. During the mode, when you hit a shot, its corresponding symbol on the bonus ladder will start flashing, which is how you keep track of the shots you need.

When you do complete the mode within the time limit, you’ll hear a short trumpet fanfare and the DMD will show “1 Million Bonus!” (Or something similar, it’s been a while for me). It’s very quick and sometimes doesn’t show at all if a higher-priority graphic comes up.

2 months later
#2281 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Anyone have mirror blades on their TOTAN?
The only sideblades out there I do like and look great on the machine. I wish there was another option, maybe more genie centric instead of just matching the backwall.
Mirror blades seem to be the only other option. Just wondering and wanting to see them.

I have mirror blades and I rather like them! The high ramps and the skill shot mostly cover them, but they do brighten the playfield a bit.

1 month later
#2336 2 years ago

Over in the Baywatch Club, someone was having trouble with the right side kickout hole not launching the ball correctly and discovered that the ball was sitting weird when it fell in. The plunger was hitting the ball off center and causing problems when it shot out.

Maybe something like that is happening on TOTAN? They were able to create a thin shim for Baywatch and stuck it to the inside wall of the hole to narrow the space and ensure that the ball was getting hit correctly.

3 months later
#2406 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Yesterday i noticed that there is some parts missing and i don't know what it is.
Can someone tell me where to find the piece that is missing in the right side of the ramp near the " Colect jewel" part?
And also there is two holes in the right side of the ramp next to the genie, can anyone tell me what it's for, and why there is this two holes, and what is the object i need to buy. thanks
[quoted image]

Looks like you're missing the ball guide for the right of the ramp, but that attaches to the two posts with yellow sleeves. There used to be a few Pinsiders who sold those, but I don't see any on the Marketplace now. Someone drilled those two holes in your ramp - those shouldn't be there.

#2412 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

thank you, i noticed that now. Maybe the holes was for a mod? Anyway my ramp is in very bad condition, i just ordered a new one
Thank you for your comment

Also, that plastic piece behind the Genie that covers the gap between the two ramp segments isn't in the original design. Someone did some serious modding on your game.

2 months later
#2436 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

There isn’t. Just don’t select it.

The left option will always be Collect Jewel - there's no way around it. The rule at my house is to take the right-flipper option, unless you have the ruby.

#2439 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Ruby is always a nice way to grab two quick jewels. I try to spin the lamp more than I should, as the bonuses can be huge if you get tons of spins. It does make ball control dicey. I can collect all the jewels about every third game, I agree it’s not super hard. But I always lose the second half of the wizard mode, the battle with the genie for the princess. I just can’t free her from that bottle! Such a great pin.

Once I've collected the jewels and battled the Genie, my goal for the rest of the game is to max out the bonus and get the multiplier up to 12X.

2 months later
#2469 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Question about the bazaar shop keeper for you TOTAN people. Is it really his last one? Sometimes I think he’s just working me.

You don't go for the cow?

As soon as you get to the bazaar, hit both flippers to skip past the animation. If you do that four times, the reward is a new cow (and 1M points).

8 months later
#2598 9 months ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Hey Moose, curious on how you figured this out. It doesn’t appear to be written anywhere including the rules. Does it pop up “1 MIL” bonus on the screen after completing?

I just figured it out after playing a lot - it is a bit confusing at first, since the game doesn’t make it obvious. I can’t recall what the on-screen graphic is, but the game should give you a little ascending fanfare when you get the Scheherazade bonus.

#2599 9 months ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Correct. After you hit the first shot, you can cash out and collect the jewel (hence the ramp lighting). The best strategy, if you’re going for the 1M bonus, is to hit the ramp last. This will count as the “star” shot and collect the jewel at the same time. Or you can hit the ramp first, then the other four shots and then the ramp again to collect, but that’s one more shot to make in 40 seconds.
During the mode, you can hit the same shots over and over, to increase the jewel value, even though that doesn’t help you towards the bonus. That’s why the golden symbol lights don’t stop flashing until the timer runs out.
You’ll notice that when you hit one of the shots, the Genie names a symbol associated with that shot. From left to right it’s Sun, Moon, Star, Daggar and Lightning Bolt. You can see each of those symbols in the artwork on each golden symbol insert. You’ll also see those same symbols on the blue bonus inserts in the same order, from bottom to top. During the mode, when you hit a shot, its corresponding symbol on the bonus ladder will start flashing, which is how you keep track of the shots you need.
When you do complete the mode within the time limit, you’ll hear a short trumpet fanfare and the DMD will show “1 Million Bonus!” (Or something similar, it’s been a while for me). It’s very quick and sometimes doesn’t show at all if a higher-priority graphic comes up.

Here’s a previous post, outlining details about Scheherazade mode.
The bonus fanfare is the same one you get when you hit the Tiger Loops award.

2 months later
#2610 7 months ago

I’ve had my TOTAN for ten years and have played thousands of games and just got my third-ever “Move Your Carpet!” callout.

I had started Flying Carpet when I shot a left orbit, followed by a ramp shot (diverted to the left) when it played. I’m not sure if that specific sequence of shots triggers it or if it’s really just random, but I’m eager to test it out.

Also of note: the swooping flying carpet graphic showed on the display, but it wasn’t colorized by the ColorDMD.

1 month later
#2630 5 months ago

Wow! There’s a Harem Sneekin 2. Never ever seen that before even in the digital. Dudes eyes come popping out

Just wait until you see Harem Sneak In 3!

Ok, now that the Secret Lock & Harem Sneak in are working. I’m curious about the right ramp fail rollback. The digital version always drops a failed right ramp into the right return ramp. Right now mine sends the ball all the way back into the pops. Does everyone have the same result from a right ramp fail shot?

It’s rare in real life for the ball to fall onto the right ramp like that. It happens, but only when the ball is moving at a specific velocity.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 9.95
$ 36.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club?tu=topmoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.