B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stokoloog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#608 7 years ago

Hi TOTAN enthusiasts.
I own a TOTAN in a pretty good original state and wanted to replace a broken target next to the ramp close to the Genie (see picture). I bought a new one (right on the picture) with the diode already in place. Looking at the original target, I saw the diode is connected to the target on a different manner. My question is: should I connect the new target in exactly the same manner as one on the left (old) on the picture? This means that I need to re-position the diode on the new target. Your answers are highly appreciated!

Totan1 (resized).jpgTotan1 (resized).jpg

Totan2 (resized).jpgTotan2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#616 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

If you look at the wiring, it's pretty much the same (Green-yellow front tab, White blue rear tab) except that the tabs are on the bottom rather than the side. I would wire it the same way, Green yellow to the empty lug and White-blue to the non-banded diode side lug.
EDIT: As far as the diode is concerned, it looks like the leafs are out of order. I think the banded side diode connection should be isolated from the other two connections . maybe it was assembled that way on accident.
Can you add another photo of that area from a different angle? Is that empty lug coming off the center blade in the switch stack? In the photo, it looks like it's stacked with the front diode lug (banded side). If it is, then I believe it's wrong. See my attached photo of my popeye game for proper order. Maybe the experts can chime in on this

Thanks Seatmandan
I decided to connect the new target exactly as the old one was connected. That is different than in your Popeye. But it works and gives no errors and was the safest way to go for me. Perhaps a member can post a picture of the wiring of this target on their TOTAN

1 month later
#702 7 years ago

Who can help me with this flasher problem?
All the flashers on my TOTAN are working ok except the one behind the Pegasus. I know the coin door must be closed when testing.
Connecting the flasher bulb directly to the wires of the bulb holder I eliminated a problem with the bulb holder. At the same time the flasher was not working, meaning there is no juice on these wires. Then I checked the connector under the playfield for these flashers but noticed no damage or loose wires. I don't expect it to be a problem on the driver board, otherwise I would have more problems. Has anyone had this problem before? Is my only option to "follow the wire"?

pegasus (resized).jpgpegasus (resized).jpg

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Which numbers are they? I've gone through my flasher test and couldn't find the backboard ones. They're also the only thing I haven't refitted into LED, and I never even remember them working...

It is number 26 Jet Flashers. Two back board flashers and one blue insert on the top right side of the play field.

#722 7 years ago

Great because this disk is out of stock everywhere. I prefer the original color but would order also one in the same color as the pop bumper caps (blue).

#741 6 years ago

Looking forward to get some. Will these only be available through you or are these going to be distributed to different internet shops, so I can order local here in Europe?

#746 6 years ago

Does anyone know where this ramp plastic goes? Can you post a picture?
Thanks in advance

totan (resized).JPGtotan (resized).JPG

#748 6 years ago

Thanks Dry heat!

1 month later
#828 6 years ago

I think we have reached a point in time where an unrestored pinball in a well maintained state with some patina will have a higher future value than a complete restored pinball. One thing is for sure: patina games will be scarcer in time and well restored can be created any time.

3 months later
#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I've ordered them in Purple, Clear, and original Amber (orangish red) ... will be available in a couple of months, stay tuned.
rick

Hi Rick,
Any updates about the availability of the spinning disks?

2 months later
#1089 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Can't wait to see how the purple looks with maybe the clear rubbers. I'm selling my game so I'm not sure if I'm gonna get it or not. Post some pics when you do it!

Are there any resellers of these new lamp bases in Europe?

1 year later
#1490 4 years ago

Perhaps interesting to follow the HEP thread he is restoring a TOTAN:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/103#post-5247375

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stokoloog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club?tu=stokoloog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.