B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#676 7 years ago
Quoted from Aluna921:

Anyone have a Totan cpr playfield they want to sell.

Starship fantasy has them in stock (Silver grade).

Marc

#700 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Can someone tell me how this plastic mounts to the playfield or ramp:

It's riveted to a metal bracket that screws into the ramp. Do you need some pictures?

Marc

#721 7 years ago

Hey Rick,

I think purple would be interesting.

Marc

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys
I'm still working on my poor abused TOTAN that I picked up. But I need your help.
1) Missing ramp part?
I think the 'collect a jewel' ramp is missing a plastic or metal part near the entry on the right hand side (please see pictures) There are 2 screw holes but nothing screwed in. I can't find anything in the manual. Can anyone help me with a part number please?
2) I have read that the sword topper with light up jewels can plug directly into the game. Does anyone know where on the board that plug would go? or where the unused cable might be located ? (There does seem to be a few plugs that are not plugged into anything)
Thanks heaps

Not sure about the topper, but the plastic is here:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_22&products_id=232&zenid=81700f2be50bdffdfb81d4ac8b68d427

Buy two. I've broken one.

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from Tim_Hanian:

Look just above the 3 red target bank, on top of the other plastic.

Funny. Mine has that, and I don't think I've ever noticed it! Looks like an anti-ball trap plastic.

#778 6 years ago

It has a fair amount of insert ghosting. That makes it less perfect for collectors.

#779 6 years ago

You can ask for whatever you want, you simply might not get over 8k...

#783 6 years ago

HEP games are simply much nicer than your game. And that's not a nock on your game which is in really nice shape. But Chris is an artist and those games are better than new.

Enjoy the gems. My TOTAN isn't going anywhere.

1 month later
#810 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I've been slowly tweaking/tightening up my TOTAN over the last couple months. I noticed that there are "guard plastics" on the top of the swirl ramp and near the entrance to that ramp...looking a little beat up. These plastics aren't for sale anywhere in the states, though I found a place in Australia that sells them. Just not a common part, I guess. Anyone find any more local sources?
Also, could someone post some photos of the ramp ends near the inlanes? I'm suspicious that my right ramp might be ending too high. Also, the ball seems to sometimes get stuck on the right inlane switch slot. I'm guessing this happens on all sorts of pinball machines if the ball is moving slow enough, but oddly haven't seen it before on my other two pins. Any thoughts on how to prevent it?

Can you take some pics of the plastics you’re talking about? I am pretty sure pinbits has all the clear plastics, but I wanted to be sure.

#812 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Here is the first one:

Here is the second one:

Here is the spot my ball gets stuck on all the time:

Pinbits to the rescue!

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_22&products_id=315&zenid=811a77854a068ebfa5ebeb479397e8f7

As for the ball getting stuck, I haven't seen that. I will be home tomorrow again and I'll grab some pictures for you.

Marc

#814 6 years ago

Sounds like their site is having an issue. I would email or call. They're great people and they'll certainly help you.

#823 6 years ago

Replace the body and move the switch arm over.

1 month later
1 week later
#963 6 years ago

I absolutely want one.

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from denmark71:

Im looking for some help with my Totan- the ball trough is constantly loading two balls or reloading a ball when in play. Any clue what I should be looking for to resolve this?
thanks

Yes. The optical boards in the trough. If you need help, I’m in SJ and can help you. Look at switch test and see how those trough switches are working.

Marc

1 month later
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Following my airballs are brutal too.you need my ramp guide replacement for that junk plastic. Powder coated steel

Thank you for making this available! This is a great product.

3 months later
#1063 6 years ago

Awesome!

#1070 6 years ago

Little chance of a replica; I’ve never seen it. Some pictures would help.

1 week later
#1093 6 years ago

I can check on my game tonight. If the current ring is too loose it can protrude out. Since the post locations didn’t change I would suspect the rubber.

#1095 6 years ago

Looks to be a 2-inch ring

11 months later
#1219 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thanks a lot I'll check all that tomorrow. Wouldn't you know I have a big party at my house with about 40-50 people tomorrow. No Totan. Arabian is my only WPC 95 game. I'm almost certain that it's Q70 for some reason just decided not to work anymore, and I don't have any spares that are that size.

Maybe ping Pat Choy at Endless Pinball - maybe he has a spare.

5 months later
#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Where do these go?

To the right of the ramp entrance

1 month later
#1362 4 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi guys,
I need your help, on the Swirl ramp the solenoid AE-30-200 stopped working, Marcos doesn't got it on stock but there's another one with the same part number, it will work? Pinball life has another one different so which one.....
Gustavo[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you sure the coil is broken?

#1369 4 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Yeah unfortunately, it's melted, the last owner installed the wrong one, I did replace Tip102.
Gustavo

Ah, sounds like a legitimate failure! Thanks for the reply.

4 weeks later
#1405 4 years ago

My swap was a CPR and it looks great

1 week later
#1461 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Have you seen this crackhead? I’m not sure I could even play it after this

Wow - that is a piece of art.

6 months later
#1666 4 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Hi all-
I have had a TOTAN for about ten years and it's in pretty condition. playfield clean, everything else working fine. Minor stuff mostly, but all three of the ramps have a few cracks so I am going to take swapping those in the next few weeks. I sourced the ramps but am looking for the swirl plastic which is a thin clear flat swirl that tops the extruded swirl ramp. I have only found it over at Pu-Parts in the UK, and they don't ship to the USA. (Its a $15 part). Anyone know of a source for it here in the USA? Should be an easy repro item.
Also, I never liked the dingy-looking metal ball guide mounted on the lower left side of the playfield which guides the ball down from the wire ramp behind the slingshot. Marco and other sell the stainless steel replacement, but I decided to clean up the one I had and found that Rustoleum #298537 paint is a perfect match for the mustard yellow used throughout the playfield. Primed the guide with etch primer, sprayed some paint, and it looks great. Just wanted to share this little tip.[quoted image]

Right in your backyard:

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_22&products_id=315&zenid=2c2631591b890f7374560362c3a1a16e

1 month later
#1686 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

It looks like an entire switch matrix is out all of the switches on that matrix are out. left inlane, left outlane, mini standups, and one direction of the lamp as well as the bottom lock switch......
did I blow something up?

Maybe. But check for a broken wire under the playfield in common with the switches that are out.

#1690 3 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

OK...I found the culprit. It was indeed a broken wire in the chain of the row. Thank you pintechev

Glad you got it fixed!

4 months later
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Could someone please tell me where this plastic goes?
[quoted image]

On top of the ramp diverter coil assembly.

#1753 3 years ago

Thou shall not dispense advice from bed directly after waking up. So sorry - yes, that is correct.

As for the part in question - not immediately sure. Will have to look.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 36.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 119.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 84.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pintechev.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club?tu=pintechev and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.