06 (resized).jpg
04 (resized).jpg
05 (resized).jpg
02 (resized).jpg
01 (resized).jpg
03 (resized).jpg
FB06DDF2-1F28-4F65-9760-26C01327C245 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7637 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I currently own this beautiful PMD restoration. Usually not into "bling", but it works on this title.
http://s437400854.onlinehome.us/?page_id=120
I added a few things after taking delivery...
- Gold bottle by PinballDecals.
- Reinforced targets to eliminate air balls.
- ColorDMD...looks amazing on this title.
- Alternate translite. Original is great, but I like this alternate is simple/sexy (Princess, Genie, Bottle).
I've owned Jpops other A-list titles, and I like TOTAN the best overall (though CV's wizard mode is one of the best).

ive been wanting to get that same tranlite but, alternatieve translites will not respond in my inquire. any ideas ? lve read other threads saying TOTAN is too easy but i dont think that at all ! its definetly the favorite with friends.

has anyone restored their apron with the treasure cove method ? gold paint/decals ? would like to see some pics other than on their site before i attempt to do my own.

IMG_8688.jpg 224 KB

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Just curious if anyone has ever thought to make plastic or rubber covers for the skill shot baskets. I always worry about metal-on-metal contact damaging the balls and the TOTAN skill shot can be really brutal.

ive thought the same thing. ive seen were people have put wire loom over the edges but im sure that doesnt stay in place,

1 week later
#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Any opinions on LED kits for TOTAN? I'm thinking of buying one from either Cointaker or Pinballbulbs.

i purchased the superbright kit from cointaker. i however went with all cool super whites for the GI instead of the supplied purple frosted the kit comes with. makes the game come more alive in my opinion. also changed the bazzar lighting to a mix of blue, yellow and red instead of the supplied white and installed red for the orbs, again default is white.

3 months later
#44 6 years ago

anyone out there planning on getting a CPR playfield ???

1 month later
#58 6 years ago

finally got my hands on a alt translite !CAM00745-610.jpg

1 week later
#78 6 years ago

another alt translite...yours is one of a kind.. very nice !

2 weeks later
#90 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Nope, haven't heard a thing....

are you saying there has been no progress or you just dont know ? i know that you stated you were staying out of this with reason on another thread. this gets me a little worried.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Why are you worried? We have it listed as "Wave One" SILKSCREEN PREPPING.

guess i shouldnt then. thought if you havent heard anything that meant there hasnt been any progress.

3 weeks later
#97 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Posting a picture of my precious, just in order to joining the club!!!!!
20150120_183357.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

nice to see the other alt translite on a game.

1 month later
#111 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Mine is being totally restored. I am hoping to have it back in about a month. Can't wait to see it.

Who is doing the restoration???

1 month later
#124 6 years ago

CPR status on TOTAN playfields is now in clearcoat...getting close! Who's waiting for one?

1 week later
#162 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

Been in the club for over 2 years, but never posted a pic.
20150528_232539.jpg 20150528_232156.jpg 20150528_232147.jpg 20150528_232138.jpg

You gotta get the color dmd in there !

1 month later
#244 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

hey!
where can I buy the genie with a ball of fire in its hand? or is it a DIY? thanks!

got mine from biglaw.. send him a pm

#265 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Thanks. I installed ColorDMD as well and it appears to be working fine with 1.3 if that's what I have...just wondering if 1.4 has any improvement worth the trouble.

Added adjustment A2.27 (MAGNET THROW). This adjustment can be used
to strengthen the magnet power when the game tries to throw the ball
off of the magnet at a Tale start.

Fixed a bug in Final Battle when a tilt occurs.

Balls are returned to the shooter faster in Final Battle.

Improved diverter rules between Harem Multiball and Rocs mode.

Slight improvements to speech.

Timing to the jet bumper post improved to help jet bumper action.

1 week later
#283 6 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Can someone who knows TOTAN better than I do explain to me exactly what is happening in the translite?

Lol ! Have always thought that translite is odd.

1 month later
#300 6 years ago

just checked the CPR site.. less than 5 playfields are left nows the time if your thinking about getting one !

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

Don't worry.... PPS has over 100 left....

Didn't know this....Anyone know what grade these are ? Gold, silver, bronze?

2 months later
#328 5 years ago
Quoted from Cleveland-Irish:

Bought a TOTAN a few weeks ago. I noticed that there is a tiny hole by the pop bumpers. Should there be a post here? It seems like my balls always zoom right through and never seem to hit the bumpers.

Can you post a pic of this ?

1 month later
#357 5 years ago

Sending my TOTAN out tomorrow to get my playfield swapped ! a special thanks to Dave Wilson of phelps ny for making this possible!

image_(resized).jpeg

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

What're you gonna do with your old PF?

Not sure maybe just add it with my old FH and BOP

4 weeks later
#370 5 years ago

Progress on CPR playfield swap!

image_(resized).jpeg

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Be honest, how much fun was it figuring out which posts to use for the ramp?

Quoted from dmacy:

Have you posted your own thread about your swap? Looking to do mine soon as well.

i dont have the skills, time or knowledge to tackle this myself so im having a friend complete this for me ( see posting #357)
i was sure to let him let him know about the possible nightmare with the posts ! he swapped my BOP and FH in the past so im sure itll turn out well !

2 months later
#415 5 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg

#421 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Mollyspub-----You can't do that to us. Where did you get tbat? Is this Alternate available?
I'll take one now please. E.

Pm sent

2 months later
#456 5 years ago

Where is everyone's level setting? image_(resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#481 5 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

I posted an hour ago, went out and fired her up, and darn near beat the genie twice on my first game. 89M score. Does the honeymoon feeling on this game wear off quickly? Because, right now, I can't get enough. Also, besides a color dmd which is a must in my opinion, what other add one should a guy get?

Here's 3 mods that I've added.image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#498 5 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Anyone know where I can get a copy of this?

Holy crap! and I thought mine was bad with just a few tears in it. Check out the CPR playfield swap thread and there's a link in there. I'd like one myself.

#501 5 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

This the subway supposed to be green? What's the best way to get it clear again, besides using a torch.

Never seen it turn green before. Thinking novus1 might be a good place to start. Would like to see some pics of your restoration!

4 months later
#592 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

So I decided to play with modding a bit more.
I made a treasure chest mod.
I used the schylling treasure chest. Added a strobing color changer inside the chest lid. And drilled out the side facing the genie, and added a spotlight hidden in the chest that shines on him.
I also added a purple flasher inside the scoop. The lit shooter rod.
And I custom painted the genie.
Added some jewels to the lamp.
I also put some skulls I had on a few of the post threads.
I'm looking for the snake plastic for over the skill shot. If anyone has one please let me know. If I can't find one, I might use a rubber snake and add leds to its eyes.

You can pm biglaw and see if he's still making these.

1 month later
#625 4 years ago

for those who havent seen this...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-candidate-for-new-code. OK so TOTAN has a lot of votes but I spent time playing it and while it isn't my favourite machine it seems to have a pretty good progression to a logical wizard mode that'd keep all but the best players happy for a long time. Can people be more specific about the improvements/rule changes for this one? It's of special interest to me because I wouldn't mind having it in my collection.

contact the op and submit your ideas ! would love to see this happen !!!

1 month later
#708 4 years ago

Mine does the same.

1 week later
#737 4 years ago

Purple to match the caps would look amazing!

1 week later
#770 4 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

If I put this pin in market place is 11k asking to much?

yes ! looks nice though...quick glance and id say 8k. thats just my opinion. how does it look around the genie magnet,orb and bazzar kick out ?

1 week later
#797 4 years ago

anyone know where you can purchase this VULTURE mod ?

maybe its homemade

1 month later
#846 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Well multiball its a soft fade now instead of flicker. During make a wish it fades to a nice soft glow. Before i had alot of flickering and it stopped that. During lightning lamp its alot less violent in the lighting.

I'd like to see someone post a video on this . I don't see anything wrong without this mod.

#848 4 years ago

Thanks for the explanation but the next mod for my totan may be a for sale sign.

1 week later
#878 4 years ago
Quoted from erak:

New PPS apron coming soon. I can finally get rid of that sticker.

PPS apron???

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

PPS Apron has been out for at least a year. Got mine 10 mo plus ago.

Ok so merfpins apron .

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Anyone looking for an all original TOTAN?
I have one I'll be letting go, All original, unfaded cab with a stunning playfield, LED's, mirror blades, had the ramps re-brassed and a few other bits brassed to make it a little custom and shiny and I'm very picky about my pins lol
Let me know if you want anymore details on it, truly is a stunning example I never thought I'd let go
I'm located in Pearl River NY just over the NJ border

On that note...am getting ready to list my totan for sale. CPR playfield, Reese rails, merfpins apron, new plastics etc. cabinet has fade but shows well. No missing wood dings or dents. Located in buffalo ny. Pm if you wanna get first dibs or just watch for the listing.$8750

1 week later
#938 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I don't know... Though I love this pin, I think its original translite is ugly as hell....

A better choice

image (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#1017 4 years ago

Seeing this mod almost wants me to take the 4sale sign off my Totan!

3 months later
#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Has anyone noticed the purple lamp base now available on the planetary pinball website? I put an order in. I think it may look awesome. I also picked up some matching purple spinning disk rubbers.
Has anyone changed this base out for other colors?
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=GS-3824

Can't wait to see how the purple looks with maybe the clear rubbers. I'm selling my game so I'm not sure if I'm gonna get it or not. Post some pics when you do it!

1 month later
#1126 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Just installed the purple spinning lamp disc and clear rubber side posts from PPS. I like it on this TOTAN. I liked the red disc too with yellow rubbers, but thought a change may be nice.

Thanks for posting this. I've been thinking of doing the same color combo. Did you change the color bulbs underneath as well?

8 months later
#1195 2 years ago

Courious if anyone knows who picked up a TOTAN at the Cleveland pinball show?

6 months later
#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Aside from Cliffys and LEDs what are some must have mods? Any other protection or upgrades that solve original game issues? I assume there are power board reset issues with this game, like other WPC games of the era? Do I need to look at any board fixes (replacing molex connectors, etc)? Code updates?
I have a new to me, great shape TOTAN in the back of my car and I'm itching to order some stuff for it. Already ordered with Cliffy a week ago but it's like a 2 month wait.

I sold my Totan about a year ago but as far as mods...I really liked the genie and cobra mod from Biglaw here on Pinside. If you like them, send him a pm.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1287 2 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

What's the trick to keep the bizarre from shooting STDM? Happens about half of the time. Doesn't look like it can be moved at all (the metal form looks really tight to the hole).

Easy... Loosen and adjust the coil to the side ( no longer own the game ) I don't remember which side but it works 100%

1 year later
#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from Andypc:

My Totan is nearing the end of a full restoration with new decals and playfield. Just been sent these pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice choice on the lamp spinning disc color

8 months later
#1983 8 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thanks for the reply considering this game has under 200 plays and was restored by HEP not long ago I’m going to go out on a limb and assume it’s. It the coil, but I’ll dig into it tomorrow

I'm really surprised your game needs tweeking considering it's a HEP. Also, didn't the previous owner notice these things? 200 games is plenty to spot them.

#1988 8 months ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I would to mention, this has zero to do with HEP, (I probably should not have even mentioned that at all. The game and the the quality of this build it phenomenal. Kinda bums me out that he felt the need to respond here, as that tells me I may have somehow alienated him.
This game is absolutely beautiful and I am so lucky to own it. It’s a pinball machine... things need tweaking almost always over time. I was merely trying to gauge if anyone had a suggestion. I appreciate all the suggestions will try today

This was by no means any disrespect to you ( as you have helped me with my pinball needs) or the pinball god (HEP). Every game will need maintenance or tweeks of some kind. Just surprised that this level of game would need anything so soon. Both of you guys are way more skilled than me in the hobby!

2 weeks later
#2037 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I was lucky to find a TOTAN with the genie modified to have lit eyes and red glowing ball in his hand. Lights up only when genie is hit or activated in a mode.
[quoted image]

Had one on mine when I owned a Totan.
Biglaw was the first to come up with this.

7 months later
#2217 22 days ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Just finished up my TOTAN restore.
My original intent was to get the armor brass plated, but Chris @ pinballplating.com was out of most items, so I grabbed what I could and opted to go the powder coating route instead. Most gold / brass powder coat looks nothing like brass plating, so I went with a color called Grecian Gold Vein. It looks similar to the powder coat on the Hobbit, but a little lighter in color.
For the decals I went with Radcals, because I loved the ones I got for my Indiana Jones restoration. Unfortunately the color on these decals are not nearly as nice. The black seems to be too light in color. I noticed it when I was putting the decals on, but figured it was the protective film. When I pulled the film off, I noticed the color didn't change much. I'm still deciding whether I want to redo the decals, but for now I'll just live with it. If you're planning on doing new decals, I would recommend using something else.
The original playfield was in decent condition, but a previous owner put a giant screw through the playfield near the center, and it was a real eyesore, so I decided to go with CPR reproduction playfield and gave the old one to a friend for some wall art. The CPR playfield was pretty nice, except the dimples on the bottom of the playfield were worthless. I think maybe 4 or 5 dimples ended up being accurate. The others were WAY off. Luckily the topside holes were mostly accurate.
Overall, I really like how it turned out, minus the RadCals.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Super nice !

3 weeks later
#2229 18 hours ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Trying something a little different from the original art. I need to trim the bottom yet, but it’s fun to change it up.
[quoted image]

WAY too plain

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mollyspub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside