B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#339 8 years ago

Congrats on Your TOTAN!

Quoted from whitey:

Totan arrived Xmas eve, I bought this from Brett Halsey on pinside, buy with confidence!
He couldn't prove Huo but it's condition is incredible, flawless shop job. Thanks pinside Market, Thanks Brett !

I want that shooter rod! How can I purchase a light up shooter rod for mine? I'm also looking for the LED light up eyes Cobra.
I have had mine for about 2 months. I just got the updated 1.4 roms, mine currently has the 0.4. Is there anything I should look out for in changing these out, other than bending and destroying the circuit boards? I was also very lucky to receive the Sword topper and magic lamp from my wife for Christmas, and my mom was very generious to buy me the COLOR DMD. I know I should do the roms before Color DMD. Any other hints so I don't destroy my $7500 TOTAN?
Happy New Year Pinsiders and Thanks for everyone's Help this year. Thank you pinside for being here!!

1 week later
#350 8 years ago

Question TOTAN owners. I can't get my princess in bottle to light up in front of genie. It appears to be a flasher and I do not see it in the tests programs under flashers, underplayfield it is under the subway ramp. Any ideas? Thanks for the help. ERIC

#352 8 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

If you're in test mode, go to lamps+flashers and check it.

Thanks SEATMANDAN!! I have the interlock yellow metal piece. Thought I did that, but may have not, will try again. So indeed she is a flasher unit. But I don't see that princess flasher in flasher tests. Which one would she be under in that flasher test mode? Can't find her in tests or manual.
Kind Regards,
Eric

1 month later
#364 8 years ago

What angle is everyone playing at?? How high are everyone's back leg levelers? I'm tired of the ball going through gap between spiral ramp and left ramp behind Genie. Gets stuck behind genie maybe 1-20 drops. Frustrating flaw on this game, heard this is common from another owner once. Am I the only one this is happening to?
Ideas, suggestions, comments....Please chime in- Eric

1 week later
#378 8 years ago

Still having issues. Need to find time to analyze the thread mentioned above and maybe tear ramps out and get this right. I did not shop the game, came this way.

Quoted from Seatmandan:I agree with this..I installed new ramps on mine and they are definitely faster than the stock/dirty ones. Maybe pull ramps and clean really good
Also, I think you may have the hex posts mixed up, thus twisting the ramp(s) slightly and changing pitch perhaps enough to prevent smooth flow.
read this for info on hex posts
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-restoration-help-with-hex-posts

#383 8 years ago

It looks great! Couple questions. How long and how many hours do you estimate you put into it? And how did the decals go, easy, hard....? And of course how did hex posts and ramp reinstall go for you. This info helps us all, Thanks.
Eric

2 weeks later
#395 8 years ago

Amendes, I purchased metal guide for shooter lane from that guy on eBay. It looks great...but...now the ball wear on sword on right side bothers me. Thinking of removing both and having them plated shiny brass! But, game would be down for couple weeks while it's done. I'm going away this summer for a few weeks. I will remove and have that done while I'm gone.
My other thoughts, was there a version of this pin that came golded out? Seen several now, is that an upgrade collectors do? Or was there a limited run factory made? Old question I'd love to figure out?
Thanks to anyone who knows.
Eric

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from matthewra:

Anyone else ever have ColorDMD issues?

No..but that sounds like your DMD board may have zapped it at start up, thats when it would have happened. How's that other board first is the question, try replacing dmd cable to. Then you will know if it's the dmd. Just my thoughts, no expert here on this one. My other thought, is what year did you purchase DMD, ie batch. You could easilly contact Randy or Chris at COLOR DMD, they could guide you as well.

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Is the ball wear tough to clean-up? just wondering....

The wear was already there on the sword. It's an alignment issue, it's kind of infinit. I played my friends and his plastic guide on left was a little ascew, compared to mine, to the left. I noticed a lot less ball wear, or track mark on sword on right. When you put this in, Metal sword MOD will call it, you can play with that, albeit minor, but minor enough to make a difference. I have also seen these 2 pieces on a third machine pinch the ball at top, needed to use more of shooter rod spring to compensate.
This pin has a few alignment issues, shooter lane, ramps, the post at top for sinbad and rocks needed fixing when I got this machine. Getting this thing dialed in finally. I'll get some pics and post soon. I also came up with a fix for that damn ball getting stuck behind Genie on soft shots too. It's been working for a few weeks, damn hope I didnt jinx it.

2 weeks later
#404 8 years ago

Ninja.. Wow....I'll take it, and a fish. Now Gilligan's Island please.

3 weeks later
#405 8 years ago

All right, just when I get my ramps and pitch dialed in, now the ramp diverted on spiral ramp isn't working during game play and getting an error code. But, it works in test mode.
Any ideas, am I missing activation of a switch to make it work?
Suggestions, comments?
Thanks in advance.

#406 8 years ago

It indeed says ramp diverter broken on test mode after power up. But works during coil tests. What switch activates it? Entrance to spiral ramp?
Thanks

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Have you confirmed it's not getting hung up and it actually works?

I did check that one. Works fine in coil test, repeatedly. At power up error code is
" ramp diverter broken"
Thanks Eric

#410 8 years ago

I will check that in switch edges tonight, and do dry run with glass off. Every once in awhile I get genie magnet error code, but once I hit multi ball and it vanishes credit dot for goes away.

Quoted from Wickerman2:

unless you've tried all this of course.

3 weeks later
#416 7 years ago

Mollyspub-----You can't do that to us. Where did you get tbat? Is this Alternate available?
I'll take one now please. E.

1 week later
#432 7 years ago

Alex, I like it! Different is good. Nice to customize any machine.

2 months later
#467 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Anyone have the welds break on the back of the skill shot?

Can you post a picture of your problem?Sounds crazy, but I never liked the color of the skill shot assembly piece. You could take it off and have it welded. Then RE-plate it to color you like, or shiny brass rather than dull look.

1 week later
#480 7 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

and darn near beat the genie twice

I have to ask. How flat is your table, on easy setting? Had mine almost a year and only battles genie twice, didn't rescue princess. Sounds like your leg levelers are not placing bubble a 6 degrees. This pin is harder than that, no one should battle genie in there first couple games. Something doesn't sound right.

4 weeks later
#510 7 years ago

Pinball life sells the sockets for wpc 95 tube lights. The yellow are GI, the black are flashers. In manual should be the layout for pattern. The trick is building the harness to power driver board.

2 months later
#564 7 years ago

My divertor says it's broken, works in test.
The wire leaf on switch isn't making contact at entrance to swirl ramp.
Thinking of just bending it strait again. Hope that works.

#569 7 years ago

My diverter fixed last night. Thought I'd share more info.
The switch at swirl ramp entrance had rolled up after getting loose. There for the wire was swinging in space. Rolled switch back down, tighten it. Gave game a few plays, easy fix. Credit dot went away playing once it had activated a few times.
Then after another game the upper ball lock switch showing credit dot. I can't win some days.

1 week later
#573 7 years ago

No one posted picture yet? Going now, will send pic in a few minutes.

#574 7 years ago

Reminded me how much I hate the light tub on Wpc 95.

IMAG3775 (resized).jpgIMAG3775 (resized).jpg

#576 7 years ago

It does. Playing mine right now. Took a break, tonight is my Friday.
Tell you why, it's power flow. My molex is patched, I'll catch flak for this. Been on my list. You want them correct. I always go by schematics in manual.
Manual is law for this pin.

1 month later
#607 7 years ago

looks like a flipper football or 6803 with single bulb.

1 month later
#645 7 years ago

It's just a key fob. Mines dangling off key right now.

1 week later
#653 7 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

Switch question. I recently picked up a TOTAN and when going thru it, I noticed a blank switch.
It's on the right obit, just below the top skill shot. Anyone else have this? I

I just looked at mine.k
I dont have that switch either. Blank hole.
Hmmmm...??
Someone has to know the answer here?
Thanks

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

My PF does not have this blank switch hole....

I'd post a pic, but it is the exact same picture #2 above.
No switch in my hole. I know I have an early production Totan, say first 1000 machines.

#665 7 years ago

The slot thickens, i mean plot.
That empty switch slot had to do something in prototype. Factory left it because playfields were probably already made.
Love to know what it did? Underside dimpled for a switch ready to go.

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

. I'd think if they choose not to use it, they'd just leave it in and omit the switch rather than altering the line and removing the slot/dimple, etc.

I think the easy answer to it not being in later models is simple.
There was something there in the design process, whitewood.
Then, by the time it went into production the slot was dead.
Playfields by that starting assembly line process had already been made, probably half or more. To late to fill hole, which they wouldnt do anyway. When second batch of playfields ordered they fixed that hole and made it solid, saving 3 steps.
The real question, what did it do in prototype?

#681 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

The folks who sent it to me say the original Williams mold was shaped like this. Can anyone confirm theirs isn't a bit warped? Maybe intentional to be more visible?

Who sent it to you? I cry bullshit.
That is a warped and leaning , should stand strait up!

#684 7 years ago

Id call him again. Maybe send picture. They always sell quality stuff. Hes the only guy selling this so i wanted to ask first. Figured its were you purchased it.
Thinking.....maybe just maybe this box package was placed in warm spot in truck or something prior to delivery. Exposed to some extrem heat. That's heat damage, warped from something melting it. In fact, the lean i see might make this wobble in place during game play and never spin correctly.

#690 7 years ago

Mine is original, and perfectly symetricle.

1 week later
#724 7 years ago

Purple and Blue would be great Rick!

#725 7 years ago

Are ypu running the lamps too?

Quoted from PPS:All ... I'm running the TOTAN spinning disk and wondering if any other color(s) would be interesting ... let me know your thoughts.
Thx.

#727 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have lamps in stock/

Rick, thanks for quick response. Placing order today!
Any news on Black Rose cannon shell set, and Diner coffee cup?

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I've ordered them in Purple, Clear, and original Amber (orangish red) ... will be available in a couple of months, stay tuned.
rick

For a crazy TOTAN owner like myself, ill have to order one of each.

1 week later
#771 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

If I put this pin in market place is 11k asking to much?

Yes...good luck.

#775 6 years ago

8k, little more reasonable.
But, I can buy a brand new Hobbit for that much. With so many titles being made now prices have been falling a bit. Even HEP restorations aren't holding there value. Only so many collector's with deep pockets.

#776 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Go buy an HEP or an origanal in new condition. Think about it.....lol

You asked for opinion.

#793 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Blinded by purple

I got some purple on me looking at pics.
Machine looks great thou.

1 week later
#798 6 years ago

I have the snake. NO idea where i got it.
I like the lion and the mirror blades.
Maybe ill add those.

3 weeks later
#807 6 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Just joined the club this afternoon.
Serial number: 53347102359
Production date: July 30, 1996

Congrats!! Took me several years to trade up till I had one to.
Makes me wonder about my build date and serial #, will look tonight.

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Pinbits seems to be broken, it keeps saying "NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME" and "Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
Please contact us for alternate arrangements." Note that I'm in the Bay Area in California, kind of strange error, huh?

I show it working, ordered a few things yesterday. Got emails and confirmation.
Im also in ca.
Pam at pinbits is awesome, done some really nice things for me over the years.

2 weeks later
#843 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just installed GI ocd board. What a difference it made!

What do you notice as a visible difference?

1 week later
#859 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Do you all have this same contact? Is the rubber in the wrong place?

Disclaimer...
Just because i have something different, doesnt make it right.
1st, what is up with the pop caps. Usually on this game there purple. Doesnt mean thats right, it is the factory color. Ive seen clear with color changing, looks great. I have purple. But considered the change up.
My game was completly gone thru about 18 mo ago. I made a point to match factory bands and size.
I see 2 white bands by that pop bumper, i only have one rubber in that area. Lose the bottom band, i have only the upper on that area. Looking at my posts holding bands, i only see one inset in post to hold one, that lower band doesnt have the inset in post.
Does that make sense?

#867 6 years ago

Interesting, my posts are metal there, not purple plastic.

#880 6 years ago

PPS Apron has been out for at least a year. Got mine 10 mo plus ago.

#886 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I can make you one, if you dont want to do it yourself.

Where can you buy this genie fireball mod?

#887 6 years ago

Ive seen a few blue Genies with tattoo's.
I want to pull mine off and get him inked up.
Tribal bands on bicep, fee other ideas.
What has everyone else come up with?

#893 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is that still for sale somewhere?

Ebay, $92 bucks.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow, that's cool - never seen it - anyone got any pics???

See post #871 above.
Ive seen them pop up on this thread the past year from time to time. Id have to search last 10 pages.

#905 6 years ago

Oh also in good news i sent titan pinball a hey can you and they are gonna start making the rubbers for the magic lamp posts

Love to see those posts in purple, ill email him to.

#908 6 years ago

I know , im screwed to.
Ill have to contact him and order fireball when i get back in a week.

Quoted from Dante:Wow, that looks awesome. I think I am going to need one too

Quoted from robotron:

now i want one of those
jeeze it never ends

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Regarding fireball mods.
I don't have any more parts right now to make more. But I have enough for all the PM's sent so far. Working on getting them done now.
Should be able to have them all done in the next couple of days. And will let everyone that requested them, know that they are ready.

Bummer, let me know when you get parts to make more. thanks

1 week later
#936 6 years ago

3D Translite for Totan just annouced Today!
Should be amazing, so many things happening in image!

2 weeks later
#960 6 years ago

Hmmm, bare metal for me, im doing a custom powder coat job soon.

#964 6 years ago

Ok ill cut some this week

Thanks. Thats such a good idea and really great to offer this.

#973 6 years ago

I got them cut. Now to clean them and polish edges and powdercoat.

Nice work.
Is that laser cut?

#978 6 years ago

Pm sent. Thank you for making these!!

#982 6 years ago

Current color line up. Cutting more soon. Got some blues left

Nice work!
These look great and i love the pruple there i got!
I just think you will be making more, and a few different one's to!

#984 6 years ago

Yours shipped today. Its a metallic purple very reflective in game

Thanks! Looking forward to a mod that only takes a couple minutes!

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Now my TotAN is really finished, more gold than gold... ^^
------------------
VIDEO
------------------
» YouTube video

Holy wow!
Where did you get ypur plating done?
That stuff looks amazing!

4 weeks later
#1007 6 years ago

Current color line up. Cutting more soon. Got some blues left

Love my purple metal deflector!

20170825_111352 (resized).jpg20170825_111352 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

How you supposed to keep paint from chipping off after ball hits it ?

Were supposed to play these works of Art?

1 month later
#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Lenticular 3d translite?
Hi guys
Does anyone know if there is going to be a 3d translite made for TOTAN.
I have one for Whitewater and it is fantastic.
Regards
WW

3d translite coming...probably not till Jan or so. Same guys making them as WW. Funhouse first, then Totan.

#1038 6 years ago

Pinball Dreams Germany.
"ALL titles arrived and are back in stock. They will be shipped to the US early next week. So PPS should stock all titles available: Fish Tales, Wh20. AFM, MM, TOM, RFM and BOP. Funhouse in the production line...TOTAN soon Have fun. Cheers Henrik"
Rick Just posted BOP in stock as of Today.

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys
My TOTAN has started to give me electric shocks...I love her but the last shock she gave me hurt.
The side rails, legs and even coin door seem to be electrified (like a weak electric fence)...after I get zapped it is ok to touch but within 30 seconds it is electrified again
It has just started happening half way through a game.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Thank you

This is shocking news. AGREED WITH above, your having a ground issue for sure. Usually starts at wall, then cord to game. Could also not be fully seated at rear of game, then into cabinet checking all grounds at power box.

3 weeks later
#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Hello all. I picked up a TOTAN about a month ago. WOW did I miss this game. Such great flow and gameplay. Does anybody know the differences between sample, prototype and regular games?

No.+1...Sorry. anxious to hear answer.

1 week later
#1052 6 years ago

Finally finished and got my double topper to work.

20171203_154110 (resized).jpg20171203_154110 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

What's the story behind that topper? (Did I miss it?)

Quoted from BentleyBear:

How did you connect the sword topper ?
I removed it when i got the laseriffic topper but i would like to have them both back together.

It wasnt easy! Same connectors for both at power driver board. Those damn little ones, .100 . So i knew if i put leds in sword, draw a few volt less power, this trick may work.
But, i hate rebuilding connectors.
I contacted Kim, at Kimballs pinballs. He was very helpful and after about a dozen emails we figured it out. Custom connector was built by kim. So connector comes.....didnt really work. Huge latency power flow that caused sword not to be in sync. The 2 powers needed to be joined together, cut off both molexs, built single pin molex for power, heavy12 gauge single wire in molex, now soldered both topper powers to it, still a delay in latency sync. Had to measure both power cables, make them the same length. Works perfectly now. Cleaver velcrow to join sword to lasserific topper. Removed lamp from lasserific, added my own from India, ordered genie bottle from Cairo Egypt, not kidding. Custom Totan topper done.
Was a lot more work than expected but turned out awesome. I also changed out playfield jewels for matching led bulbs to match toppers.
Hope above makes sense. The latency power flow was frustrating for sure. That little delay in power flow was not easy to trouble shoot.
Ill post pics of connectors when i get a chance. A little frankstien looking set , but it works.
Kim once again was very helpful, however if he makes another for someone i had to fix his, so let me know and ill share design flaws. Basically needed more length at data between joined connectors, barely fit in, hard to plug in.

2 months later
#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Their website says 'out of stock' ?

Micro is making run of Totan playfields.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Wow that is great. Thank you

Opps, its Mirco, not Micro.

3 months later
#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard91:

Hi all,
I'm considering picking up the interactive sword topper mod for my TOTAN to finish off my machine. I just wondered if a specific rom/software version or anything special is required to run this mod or if it will plug in and work on any version of the machine. Can anyone with this mod confirm?
With thanks

Confirmed, its plug and play, no new code needed. Runs with all versions of code.
It emulates the mode circles in between the flippers.

2 weeks later
#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from JIMAKOST:

Hello all I have a question to ask about my Totan game,this is my first wpc 95 game and I noticed that when I enter test mode to test solenoids or flash lamps every time I test a solenoid my right flipper fires and stay in the hold position but when I stop testing a solenoid the flipper bat goes down,Is this normal ??
Thank you
Jimakost

UMMM---NO!
Right Flipper, in the backbox there's a wire in the wrong spot. If you have manual go check that out, wire for wire on Driver board.

2 weeks later
5 months later
#1203 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group.
My game is playing great without issue, with the one exception that recently my skill-shot is not registering. All three holes that correspond to the snake pits are not registering/active.
I followed the wires/connections associated with all 3 leafs at all three skill shot pits, and everything appears to be intact, I followed the wire/cable from the pf to underneath the pf which it appears to be well connected. That connection quickly divides into other wires that appear to be intact and going where they should, best I can tell.
Looks like a weekend project coming my way.
Any ideas anyone on how to fix this issue?

Ive had this. Those 3 targets take a beating.
I had to replace all 3 diodes. They just get old.
Take a spare diode, bend to switch, now take 3rd hand and hit switch in test. Good way to check before dissemble.

2 weeks later
#1213 5 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Hello all! I’m having an issue with the Bazaar Eject coil. While playing two balls got stuck in scoop, and since then, coil will not fire in test nor in game play. Changed coil sleeve and inspected coil, it was not hot. Switch prior to coil tests fine. All fuses test good out of board in 8 month old Rottendog, volts on lugs read 71.5 V on both, volts at J116-6 reads 71.5 V, 7.3 resistance, and breifly grounding out Q70 fires the coil (somewhat, but not a full fire).
I have changed the 3inch ribbon between mpu and pcb, and have reseated all connections as well. In addition, the Vanish Magnet Broken error now shows up after this happened, which never happened on this machine since new pcb was installed, but in test I can hear the magnet fire. No other solenoids are effected and all test good.
Any suggestions on what may be the issue or what to try next are welcomed. Thanks!

Are you kidding me?
Im having same problem. Only bazaar scoop not working.

#1216 5 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Well misery loves company! Hopefully we run into someone who may have had this problem and solved it. Game is a big paperweight without that scoop working.

Yep, big paperweight right now.
I started a thread couple days ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-bazaar-stopped-working-#post-4757934

Ive run through those checks to.

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I swapped out my pcb with a spare and got it going, any wpc 95 would work. There was a flasher wire that came across the coil and wear caused bare wire exposure that I think caused board damage on mine, so you may want to check close. Before swapping, if you do that, check the resistace on the coil first, so that you don’t damage the swapped in pcb. Mine measured 7.3 ohms if that helps. Test the continuity between coil and the j 116-6 line in the backbox too. Good luck!

Thanks a lot I'll check all that tomorrow. Wouldn't you know I have a big party at my house with about 40-50 people tomorrow. No Totan. Arabian is my only WPC 95 game. I'm almost certain that it's Q70 for some reason just decided not to work anymore, and I don't have any spares that are that size.

5 months later
#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Which flipper coil part numbers or colors do you have installed? The TOTAN I just got has WAY hard flippers and the manual seems to indicate FL-11629 which looks to be Blue which Marco lists as for long shots and high ramps, assume that is the strongest coil. When I hit the ramp and it coils around to the right it's SCREAMING fast.

Thats right. This is a game that is very dependent on playfield pitch. All about the leg levelers. Finding that right angle and pitch.

2 weeks later
#1311 4 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

I am getting resets about 1/2 the time during multi-ball and every time I reach the multi-ball portion of the wizard mode. I have reset all the ribbon cables but that did not help. So, I could use suggestions as well. Thanks--

Is your power driver board original?
I have found the 12v draw on PDB during multiball with many things happening causes this.

#1313 4 years ago

If it is then what? Aftermarket?

Original PDB board. Almost 24 years old.
Lord knows how many hours a game has been powered up at this point.
All these games are reaching the point of fail due to age. Remember, they were designed for ten years of service.

#1315 4 years ago

What's the fix? Replace it, aftermarket? Or repair?

Send it out to be rebuilt. New rottendog( thats what i have). Karr daughter board can be a good patch.

#1326 4 years ago

I got twonof these unbreakable guides for the commonly broke plastic by the genie left. One purple one blue 15.00 shipped to.your door pm me. They are powdercoated steel[quoted image]

Great Part!!! I have this installed.^^^^^^^^^

2 weeks later
#1349 4 years ago

I'm having reset issues. I got the kahr board to try and help but no success. Going to have to start looking at power board components. Seems like br and caps are most common.

But your not blowing any fuses right?
How is the power at F116 during attract mod and power up? Meter that. Then glass off try a mutilball and get a reading when genie magnet steals ball. This is a 12v line at F116, if it is over taxed then you can get resets.

3 weeks later
#1367 4 years ago
Quoted from Droptargets:

Anyone know where to buy different rubber/ superbands type post for the lightning lamp? Seem to just be able to find black and yellow.

Titan has them in multiple colors.

1 week later
#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody know where to get these hex head screws? Marcos isn’t stocking them and can’t see to find them anywhere
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4808-01175-26
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=4808-01175-24[quoted image]

Fastenal.com pretty much has everything you will ever need in hardware. I have started to get all brass hardware topside on my Indy.

2 weeks later
#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Has anybody picked up a CPR or other Playfield as a spare? Curious on who has done this or replaced the original
Sure its a lot of work. I'm tempted to pick up one, but maybe they will just keep producing them and holding onto one is wasted money

There will always be a playfield for sale. Plenty of guys pick them up and never do the work. Hell I'm sitting on 2! Not totan fyi. Addams and a fire.

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, that’s what I figured. Any differences or preferences between CPR or MicroPlayfields?

Cpr for Totan.

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I purchased a Totan yesterday than came with a CPR Gold Playfield from the 2015 run. The owner had not got round to installing it. Was really disappointed when I opened it to find problems with the inserts. I have not seen this on a CPR playfield before. I got a Silver Diner playfield and the inserts are perfect, so was not expecting this to have happened to a gold playfield.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did the inserts sink, slip down and you can feel the wood? Thats what it looks like.
If so, it may have been stored flat for 4 years, dont store playfields flat.

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody get the CPR TOTAN backglass? Curious on how it looks lit up
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/totan-bg/

Ive been on the fence about CPR Totan. I have Addams and Indy and they are amazing. Its this damn light pan Im thinking just wont work good with glass. Barely works with a translight. I also have all 4 translites and switch up once or twice a year

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

You can feel a lip, so likely to wear when in use. I can ask the seller how it was stored, but how should they be stored. Why not flat as that's how they will be when installed in a machine?

Its the curing we are hearing about on so many new tables. When a CPR or Mirco playfield is delivered you should give it about 3-6 months rest before a swap. Storing in climate control is best, closet in house standing strait up.
Just good to not mess with gravity on inserts.
This time will also give clear coats plenty of time to harden and cure.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

nobody in this hobby is going to warranty a product for 4+ years.

.....and they shouldn't.
4 years is a long time.
I'm not going to debate anybody here, but we were just offering advice.
In no way do I expect either CPR or PPS to be responsible here.
Im sorry your playfield has issues. Try and reach an agreement with the seller. Rick and Kevin have no way of knowing how this playfield has been handled for 4 years, sadly....poorly.

#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Hey, can somebody take a picture (or link me) the WPC 95 CPU DIPSW1 Setting? I’m not sure if mine are correct an I’ve got no reference.[quoted image]

That is correct for USA. dip 1 & 2 off, all others on. I also went and pulled the manual and double checked.

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Awesome, thanks! I looked up & down the Manual, what page was it on?

Lol...inside front cover.
I'm not making fun, been there.

#1452 4 years ago
Quoted from goggleloy:

Just finishing the restore on Totan and was wondering if anyone has ever has any issues with a G10 error?
thanks[quoted image][quoted image]

The iridescent lockdown bar is way too cool!!
Please do tell?

2 months later
#1532 4 years ago

Anyone Buy the CPR Mirrored back glass?
Curious if its a nice upgrade?
Thanks

2 months later
#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from JIMAKOST:

All the time a stay home dad can invest when the baby is sleeping
I can’t say for sure I started Totan on 2017 Jan and completed on sep 2018

Amazing! Nicely Done.

1 week later
#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hello everyone
I have a question regarding a TOTAN i currently have on loan from a buddy, in exchange for fixing a couple of issues with it.
I have it fully working now, but one thing bothers me about it:
Whenever the long left diverter under the ramp is pulled and in hold mode, there is a loud hum or "rattle sound". Placing my fingers/hand on the diverter itself above the playfield doesn't change anything. So i am pretty sure the noise is coming from the mechanism under the playfield. Unfortunately i can't get under the playfield to check it out, while still triggering it above the playfield. And the short bursts in test mode doesn't produce the sound.
As far as i can tell, the assembly is nice and tight everywhere, with no loose screws or anything.
Has anyone experienced this, and know of a fix or where to start?
Thanks. Great machine btw. Wish i owned one myself...

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Mine does that. Not sure if its normal per se, but its the coil holding. Sounds like a bathroom fan

Same here to, confirmed.
It is just a coil hold humm.
Wonder if an eos type stop could be used?

2 weeks later
#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Cause and cure ... when the magnet in front of the genie releases the ball on occasion it will not “jiggle" the ball and causes the ball to drain SDTM
Any suggestions ?

A well timed nudge at magnet release.

6 months later
#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

You are right. Curious I don't see your piece on my playfield yet it shows up as part of the plastic set on multiple sites. Need to do some more research.

Key fob, 100%.

4 weeks later
#1798 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Finished my apron and added mirror blades today
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have the mirror blades in the Box waiting.
How difficult where they get installed?
Thanks

1 month later
#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I got crickets when I started my TOTAN today. Just backbox lights and speakers hiss. That’s it, nothing else! Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m mechanically inclined with repair knowledge. This is a problem I’ve never encountered and would love to know the path I should start at for troubleshooting
Thanks in advice

Check every fuse first.
Sometimes just turning these games on will blow a fuse.

2 months later
#1986 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume it’s. It the coil, but I’ll dig into it tomorrow

Congrats on a HEP ToTan!
I 100% reccomend the new coil for the scoop.
If you search my threads i had the same problem a few years back.
Replaced the coil, been solid since.

#1997 3 years ago

So... just got this topper and think it’s going back. Little confused on th design decision here... the game has 7 modes... 7 gems, this sword has 6. I also was looking at some diagrams and videos and noticed this wires into the bazaar lamps?? Very disappointing as it’s a very well made topper, but that means nothing if it doesn’t function well ??
[quoted image]

That is odd. My sword from 4 years ago has 7 crystals. Granted, it's different than your topper, just a sword. Used to be on ebay all the time.

#2000 3 years ago

So... just got this topper and think it’s going back. Little confused on th design decision here... the game has 7 modes... 7 gems, this sword has 6. I also was looking at some diagrams and videos and noticed this wires into the bazaar lamps?? Very disappointing as it’s a very well made topper, but that means nothing if it doesn’t function well ??
[quoted image]

My topper.

3d6d79fe9b9a9be7dd957633408390e51143a96e (resized).jpg3d6d79fe9b9a9be7dd957633408390e51143a96e (resized).jpg
#2014 3 years ago

Decided to give my topper a little love, Originally was not going to keep it, but its growing on me.
Removed the lights and unglued the bases of the lamp sockets
[quoted image]
Then installed some gems in the holes, that previously the lamp sockets where mounted in
[quoted image]
Finally re-mounted the lamp sockets and used bendies for the lights
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
If anyone else wants to do this let me know I have a bag of acrylic gems

Very Nice!
You may inspire me as well. I'll pm you about the Gems.
Way overdue. When I'm home in a couple hours I will get some pics of the super connector for my super topper.
I also pulled the plastic lamp and Got a Genie (oil Lamp) from Amazon.

#2016 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

New to the club... yesterday!
I have a few things to get through... Question #1. Can someone tell me where this "loose" part goes that somehow wasn't installed by the previous owner?
Much thanks!
(diode for scale only)
[quoted image]

Top of the ramp behind the vertical magnet. It guides the ball into magnet. Gives it a nudge.
Bad pic with glass on.

20210209_203400 (resized).jpg20210209_203400 (resized).jpg
#2017 3 years ago

Dang! The mega topper!! What features are the lights tied into?

Both toppers are in J-125. The ground for both is in J-121.

IMG_47341 (resized).jpgIMG_47341 (resized).jpgIMG_47351 (resized).jpgIMG_47351 (resized).jpgIMG_47361 (resized).jpgIMG_47361 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2066 3 years ago

decided to make my own sword topper. Modelling a base for the sword and going to 3d print the logo and underlight it
[quoted image]

I like it...but you dont want the gems in a strait line?

3 weeks later
#2113 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, just bougth a nice TOTAN, now I need to satisfy my urge to MOD
I was wondering if anyone ever bought the following mod for the sword launcher ? ( it looks cool )
https://pimpmypin.com/
The website looks awkward ( no price, unclear contact and so on ), so I am carefull.

I've emailed twice for over a week now, no response.
Another dead mod maker. I saw a 2013 date, i think they are long gone.

1 week later
#2118 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I've emailed twice for over a week now, no response.
Another dead mod maker. I saw a 2013 date, i think they are long gone.

Update on shooter lane mod.
I finally heard back from seller. Its $139 shipped. He emails you back with paypal info.
Im still considering it. For the price it may be just as much to recreate it.

1 month later
#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Before and after shots man what a difference!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! RADCALS?

3 months later
#2202 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Hey, I made a thing!
6 color changing/fading LED's within a pot of colored jewels. Guarded by a cobra.
My apologies to the non-moders out there.

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A tip of the hat Sir. Nicely done

4 months later
#2282 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Anyone have mirror blades on their TOTAN?
The only sideblades out there I do like and look great on the machine. I wish there was another option, maybe more genie centric instead of just matching the backwall.
Mirror blades seem to be the only other option. Just wondering and wanting to see them.

Not installed yet.
Black Friday purchase, I need to get on that project.

3 months later
#2359 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Is anyone interested on the Arabian Nights topper, used but in good condition and 100% working? Am thinking in to sell it
( i live in France, but i can ship worldwide ).
[quoted image]

Quoted from Andypc:

I have the same unplugged molex connectors on my Totan. Would be interested to know why they are there.

It was a Brilliant idea from Bally/Williams to waste wire and costs.
The idea was that a WPC95 wire Harness could be used for many games. Creating an all in 1 wire harness was an idea to make manufacturing cheaper(Huhh?) and faster.
Not a bad idea, but in the long run it was.

1 week later
#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have never seen the skeleton bed of nails in your picture. Where did you find that?

Good eye. Nice mod.

2 weeks later
#2389 1 year ago

K first prototype. Came out pretty good. I don't think it's as nice as the other one I have seen, but it's pretty cool. ALSO, it's interactive LOL. I had an idea that maybe if the skeleton's leg hung at the right angle the ball could hit his foot and "bump" his leg. It worked perfectly and its kinda funny when the ball hits his foot.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great Work!!
I'm so IN if you make a few more.
Would love one.
Thanks

3 months later
#2432 1 year ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I like the sideblades. Especially the right side!

I like the side blades better than the backglass.

1 month later
#2455 1 year ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Finally finished my totan.
Lots of custom paint.
Those sideblades took me forever to do but I really love the look. I had them coated by a pro afterwards.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks super Awesome! Nice Job.
Where did you get the display/speaker cover?
I want one of those.

6 months later
#2563 1 year ago

For the record. Manufacturer date 3/18/96.
No holes above yellow plastic on left.

20230424_170003 (resized).jpg20230424_170003 (resized).jpg
11 months later
#2682 10 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Pinball.Center is saying no one carries volume Genie's for Totan.
Is this true? is there any market here in the states for a reproduction?
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tales-of-the-arabian-nights/11011/genie-for-tales-of-the-arabian-nights
I don't own the game; so, have no idea if this is indeed a hard to find part.
He's also suggesting that the Lamp might be of interest to people.
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tales-of-the-arabian-nights/4388/magic-lamp-gold-for-tales-of-the-arabian-nights?c=0
I'm not really interested in expanding our product offerings with these expensive parts - that said; if there is serious interest - I'm open to the idea of doing a limited buy for those that are interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from MiniPinHead:

The availability for those two game-specific parts seems to be limited to one retailer each.
Lamp: https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/lamp-tales-of-the-arabian-nights.html
Genie: https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/TOTAN_Page.html
It wouldn't be surprising to see these two go out of stock any day, though.

Out of stock. Out of stock.
Guess someone bought them all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 36.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 9.95
$ 84.99
$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club?tu=ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.