B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#103 9 years ago

For such a great pin does not seem like the club has much activity. Prob due to the price and limited ownership. Curious how many people on here still have it or if its just pretty to look at but not long term keeper.

#107 9 years ago

Love some of the alt translites I have seen. Someone pm me a link. I have bought several over the years and know some are tougher to track down.

#113 9 years ago

Lots of great comments. Have a line in a few totans. Either trading my Tron or selling and paying cash

1 month later
#161 8 years ago

Starting search for one in MD/PA/VA/NJ area....Hoping to join club soon.

1 week later
#188 8 years ago

are all the totan ramps avail? ...Looking at one that I think has a repaired ramp. Not sure which vendor has them.

#193 8 years ago

Looking at a totan with a chipped insert. Does any one mske a set or be able to sell me this insert decal ? Thanks for any help

image.jpgimage.jpg
#195 8 years ago
Quoted from calico1997:

As one of the previous posters said, be sure to put some fish tank tubing on the skill shot to protect both the ball and the shot parts from getting beat to heck. Costs about a dollar and takes just a few minutes to slice the tubing and put it onto the skill shot. I used a small amount of clear glue to keep it on.

20150605_212710.jpg

cant see where the tubing goes

#196 8 years ago

joining club on Friday....Anyone share some led pics or an led map you did...love some color under the ramps

#197 8 years ago

Gonna tear into it and clean it up. Looks like a hornets nest of Ramps. Any advice on what order to go in Prob start with skill shot ramp removing it and take Ramps out one by one

#200 8 years ago

great pics....

#205 8 years ago

wow very helpful....

#210 8 years ago

Snow victim can you shared GI led map you use ? Thanks

#212 8 years ago

Thanks. I'll mstch color to plastics. But I like purples on totan

#214 8 years ago

I'm going clear in a lot of areas

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Cointaker's LED kit has beautiful color without over-saturating the playfield. They have warm whites for the slingshots and their frosted purple and pink bulbs give off a bright, subtle color. The more vivid colors are left for the inserts and around the edges and back of the table.

What colors on the back panel ? Looks like one socket on left and three on back right wall

#228 8 years ago

thanks moose

#229 8 years ago

Adding spotlight with blue led to light up genie. Any one else do this. Looking at 3 or 4 locations and best way to run wire. Anyone else do this ?

8 months later
#400 8 years ago

Scratching and clawing to get back in the club. Sold my last one to a friend. Big mistake . Where is the best rulesheet or tutorial? Anyone exiting the club in the Md area let me know before I pull trigger

#401 8 years ago

Great pin but only 400 posts in thread. Let's get this group moving. Anyone have any success painting their lamp. Love the look of the $160 mod but not cost. Hobby gold or paint kit? I sprayed my last one and it changed little. Must be a gold dip of some kind.

1 week later
#403 8 years ago

Very nice ninja

4 years later
#1726 3 years ago

Looking to join the club in MD if anyone local is selling. I have Elvira and Wonka as trade bait

#1727 3 years ago

Thoughts on the Pinball decals gold plated genie lamp for $175? And has anyone tried to make one a little cheaper?

#1729 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

$175 seems excessive to me, but then again for any plated item, seems about right. The lamp base is $50-$60 itself, so add another $125 for plating and you arrive at your $175. That said, I think part of the charm of the game is the aged look of the lamp. If I were to also have Chris @hotrodplating plate the wire ramps, then perhaps the shiny gold combination would look good. But the original lamp seems to be fine with the aged gold 'patina'...
Alternative idea: If you want to make the lamp 'pop', then consider instead spending the time to remove the whole lamp assembly from the playfield, clean the spinning base (top surface, edges and underside) with alcohol and de-greaser, polish up the surface with some Novus, replace the lamps under the bracket which are nearly impossible to get to, and then re-assemble (carefully to get it centered!). It will be like a whole new lamp!

Thx. Good points. Now I’m afraid to clean it

#1732 3 years ago

It's really pretty easy to clean and re-install. Just a few screws unbolt it from the playfield. (And the spinning disk can even be swapped with a purple or clear repro disk if you like). The bulbs can be swapped while it is out. The genie lamp can be gently cleaned and the rubber posts can be changed while you are there (lots of colors available). The ONLY tricky part is to make sure to mount the spinning disk back on it's bracket so that it's centered. I put it together and then leave it finger tight, place it in the playfield, and then move it just a bit to be centered.... then remove from the playfield and tighten the bracket screws completely.

thx. may try this.

#1740 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Should have sent these with the topper! I could have used them. haha

What does the official topper look like? The totan I am looking at has the sword mounted on An Upside acrylic cup

2 weeks later
#1789 3 years ago

ill looking for a Totan

2 weeks later
#1801 3 years ago

So no one has been able to recreate the gold lamp at a better price? I tried gold paint a few years ago. Not much better. Looks like you have to
Dip it in real gold .

#1804 3 years ago

Looks nice... I see you also swapped the genie lamp base to the purple version. I like the purple and it seems to match a few of the other purple features (like the outhole just to its left). About the only thing left for you to do is the ColorDMD upgrade, but even without it, sweet...

who sells the purple base?

#1813 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks! This one was a partial restore about 3 years ago, with CPR gold pf and all new ramps, mechs, plastics and rubber. So I just need to add Cliffys and update a few things to my taste. The cabinet is clean with very little wear so that wasn’t restored. So far it’s a great pin. The spinning lamp base wasn’t flush with the pf, and the tiger magnet was too low too. The ball was getting stuck on it. I adjusted them both and it’s playing well now. I got 6 of 7 jewels. Great game with plenty to do, but still feels like the end is feasible without packing a lunch. Fantastic ramp with so many diverters and loops!

I almost bought that machine . Very very nice. Love the gold lamp. Looks diff then the one pinball decals sells.

1 year later
#2256 2 years ago

Selling/Trading my Totan and I need to fix one thing but need help...on the skill shot ramp there are the little brass scrolled lips to each of the skill shot holes.....one of mie has come out. I cant tell if they were welded originally or there is another way to re secure it to the ramp?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 9.95
$ 84.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 36.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billsfanmd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club?tu=billsfanmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.