B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2pupPinz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1212 5 years ago

Hello all! I’m having an issue with the Bazaar Eject coil. While playing two balls got stuck in scoop, and since then, coil will not fire in test nor in game play. Changed coil sleeve and inspected coil, it was not hot. Switch prior to coil tests fine. All fuses test good out of board in 8 month old Rottendog, volts on lugs read 71.5 V on both, volts at J116-6 reads 71.5 V, 7.3 resistance, and breifly grounding out Q70 fires the coil (somewhat, but not a full fire).

I have changed the 3inch ribbon between mpu and pcb, and have reseated all connections as well. In addition, the Vanish Magnet Broken error now shows up after this happened, which never happened on this machine since new pcb was installed, but in test I can hear the magnet fire. No other solenoids are effected and all test good.

Any suggestions on what may be the issue or what to try next are welcomed. Thanks!

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Are you kidding me?
Im having same problem. Only bazaar scoop not working.

Well misery loves company! Hopefully we run into someone who may have had this problem and solved it. Game is a big paperweight without that scoop working.

#1217 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Yep, big paperweight right now.
I started a thread couple days ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-bazaar-stopped-working-#post-4757934
Ive run through those checks to.

I swapped out my pcb with a spare and got it going, any wpc 95 would work. There was a flasher wire that came across the coil and wear caused bare wire exposure that I think caused board damage on mine, so you may want to check close. Before swapping, if you do that, check the resistace on the coil first, so that you don’t damage the swapped in pcb. Mine measured 7.3 ohms if that helps. Test the continuity between coil and the j 116-6 line in the backbox too. Good luck!

3 weeks later
#1222 5 years ago

Mine was chromed well when I got it, but I like that TOTAN teal! Looks good and good luck with the fixup! Great game!

3 weeks later
#1228 5 years ago

Try looking over anything you may have worked on recently prior to it happening. If you changed any GI leds, inspect the sockets, looking for possibly a bent tab touching the center of the socket or a broken wire. I’ve been there as well, it just takes time to find it, thats why I suggest looking at the last place you may have worked on the game, happened on my CV.

1 month later
#1240 5 years ago

Her Ruby is yours! Congrats!

2 months later
#1286 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

What's the trick to keep the bizarre from shooting STDM? Happens about half of the time. Doesn't look like it can be moved at all (the metal form looks really tight to the hole).

The scoop is a super tight fit. When I installed a Cliffy, I had to manipulate the scoop top to get the ball to even fit down the entrance. But in doing so I adjusted the top of the scoop to stop any SDTM ejects. The metal is stiff and hard to bend, but it doesn’t take much. When looking dead on at the scoop, I torqued the top left of the scoop downward a hair and that changed the eject trajectory just enough.

#1289 4 years ago

That's what I was thinking. I assume you removed the scoop to do this? I have cliffys on order but it will take a few months and I have a new CPR playfield to swap in so I probably won't install them on this one.

Yes, had to remove to do this. I used locking pliers with a cloth in-between. I look forward to hearing about the playfield swap! Good luck with it! I was thinking about doing a FT and IJ(if it ever gets approved for Mirco).

2 weeks later
#1309 4 years ago

Question on resets. I've had 5v resets on my TOM and TAF which required some board repair (BRs and caps) with commonly known issues. It seems like something similar is happening on my TOTAN now. My wife repeatedly had this happen. It seemed like when the ramp magnet energized it would cause the game to reset. The DMD got a bunch of lines on it and the game rebooted, is how she reported it. I know the board layout in the backbox is different than those other WPC games, am I looking for other possible causes? Or should I start with 5v power, testing BRs, look at caps, etc.?

There may be a short at the Slam Tilt switch (switch 21). I would check the switches to see if any connections look suspect or if you have a spare powerboard or swap out one from another game to see if the resets continue.

#1316 4 years ago

I had mine repaired locally but still had resets. Replaced with Rottendog and game has no issues. Get the old one repaired and have a backup.

#1322 4 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

I just ordered the Rottendog board. Who are the main recommended people to repair and upgrade my original board as a backup? Thanks for the input.

You may be able to find someone near you, but I use and have had good luck with ksarcade.com for both purchasing new boards and one repair. The Coin-OP Cauldron and Chris Hibler are others.

#1323 4 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

http://www.docentelectronics.com/httpdocs/AmusementGames/Pinball/Williams/WilliamsPinball.htm
These guys have a nice rebuild kit for resets. You have to be careful pulling the bridges you can tear the traces, i did and was trying to be careful but it's an easy fix with a jumper. Some people actually install a jumper as a precaution also.

Thanks for the link! They seem to have reasonable prices too. I would like to try a board repair someday, but it’s getting tougher with these old man eyes I have lol.

2 months later
#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

So the path is over, Totan has been restored, I’m pretty happy with the results.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! You should be proud of your work! Her ruby is yours

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I purchased a Totan yesterday than came with a CPR Gold Playfield from the 2015 run. The owner had not got round to installing it. Was really disappointed when I opened it to find problems with the inserts. I have not seen this on a CPR playfield before. I got a Silver Diner playfield and the inserts are perfect, so was not expecting this to have happened to a gold playfield.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Man that stinks! Couldn’t hurt to ask someone at CPR about how to repair. It is a great game so hopefully the original in the game is playable! Enjoy!

#1437 4 years ago

I have one right at the end of the ball trough before the shooter.

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The manual says there is 2 of these purple posts. Do you guys know where the other one goes?[quoted image]

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The manual says there is 2 of these purple posts. Do you guys know where the other one goes?[quoted image]

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1439 4 years ago

Lol! Woops! Thats the one you showed.

1 month later
#1488 4 years ago

Keep tweeking the top of the eject scoop, it will do the trick. Had to adjust mine after adding cliffy.

1 week later
#1498 4 years ago

Could be a flakey switch on the first ball lock. I’d start there. See if the switch matrix flutters when ball lands on it

#1501 4 years ago

Try reseating the ribbon cables in the backbox. Make sure all the pins on the cables are aligned and cables are pushed on securely. If it still does the repeating, next try GENTLY pushing in on the chips on the MPU board. While in the back box exam your batteries for any signs of corrosion or leakage as well.

#1503 4 years ago

Could be a ROM issue yes, as well as shooter lane switch if ball bounces before settling in on the switch completely, good thought!

#1507 4 years ago

Agreed. you may have hit a Bazaar award “Light special” which is awarded when ball exits the outlanes. That can be set to replay or extra ball or ticket

2 weeks later
#1519 4 years ago

Bong of Bagdad?!? Looks like the Cheech and Chong version of TOTAN

3 weeks later
#1562 4 years ago

That’s a beauty! Congratulations!

1 month later
#1571 4 years ago
1 month later
#1601 4 years ago

You might want to check to see if adding/removing a washer at the pivot point helps align the coil plunger up a little better with the coil. I had a similar issue with the diverter at the top of the ramp and a washer did the trick.

1 week later
#1609 4 years ago

No it shouldn’t be lit all the time. Maybe check the socket

#1613 4 years ago

Great! Now shoot again.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Couple things I discovered being still a noob and I’m sure you know. Didn’t know there was a Superskill shot. Saw the snake come up twice with a higher score and didn’t know.

Yes, and it goes up in value at least once if you do it consecutively. Haven’t been able to beat the genie myself but have gotten to him a few times....Congrats! I find that I often set my high scores on a game I just worked on, which I think is a “thank you” from the game. Karma right!

2 weeks later
#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Soooo, being somewhat stuck at home with the kids since school has been shut down, I thought I would tackle installing the skeleton mod. I’m by no means proficient but seems fairly straight forward. Anyway, hooked it up and now the lower left GI string isn’t working. I’m sure I screwed something up because I an cursed when it comes to fixing games on my own. Any suggestions on what I cloud have done and how to fix? Thanks in advance.

Not familiar with the mod, but if you used alligator clips to power something on it, you may have shorted out the bulb you attached it to. Check the associated fuse and replace if it’s blown. Before replacing, and powering back on, see if any clip is touching the base of a socket and anything near by that you may have bumped while installing (resistors bent over, loose wire, etc). Always start with what you did last on the machine.

#1645 4 years ago

J105 is the value for the wiring to the powerboard for the GI, you will want to check page 1-47 of the manual for the fuse list. You will want to check fuses F110 through F114. These will be glass and found in the lower left portion of the powerboard, right above J105. Make sure the game is off, remove a fuse, check it with a dmm for continuity, replace if bad with a new one that has the proper value and type.
0633F782-EA80-4BE7-B560-2B7A7CE10500 (resized).png0633F782-EA80-4BE7-B560-2B7A7CE10500 (resized).png

#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

thank you so much, still learning how to troubleshoot these things! I can break them all day long! Really appreciate the help!

You’re welcome! We all have to start somewhere. Take your time, watch youtube videos and search posts here on pinside, most things have been answered in the past, but can be tricky to find exactly what you need. Pinwiki is a great resource as well.

9 months later
#1895 3 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I dream of genie.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea for a pinsound version....

“Oh Master!”
Theme song
“Do-onig” sound effect
And of course the canned laugh track

#1905 3 years ago
Quoted from Extraballzz:

Hi Group, I have been enjoying my TOTAN for a few months but she is acting up now and I was wondering if this is a common problem. The start a wish magnet infront of the genie will grab and hold the ball just fine but but instead of throwing the ball like it did before it just lets go and the ball sits in the small magnet recess. After a minute or so the machine preforms a ball search, the magnet holds the ball, pulls it down and it ejects from the bizarre. This started gradually once in a wile than more often and now about 20 games since it started it happens every time. The driver board clearly looked and smelled burnt so I replaced it and no luck still same problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Could the balls have become magnetized? Maybe try some new ones

3 weeks later
#1984 3 years ago

I had an issue with the diverter a while back. You may need to just rotate the coil a quarter turn (or a half turn by the look of the pix) so the lugs point out towards the right side (towards pop bumpers). You will need to remove the coil stop to rotate it. Also few washers can be used at the pivot point to make sure the plungger is properly aligned with the coil.

1 year later
#2463 1 year ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Anyone know of a good source for color accurate TOTAN decals?

Watch Cary Hardy’s Expo22 show walkthrough video (@ the 34:30 minute mark). The hardtop company that is producing TOTAN cabinet decals that look great.

http://www.outsideedgeproducts.com/store/p78/Pinball_Cabinet_Decals.html

2 weeks later
#2468 1 year ago

Yeah he’s pulling your chain because I got his last one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 36.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 119.99
$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2pupPinz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club?tu=2pupPinz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.