B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 54.
#251 8 years ago

Thanks for pics

#252 8 years ago

Looks like I need to turn my dagger plastic around, LOL.

Chris

DSCF6607.jpgDSCF6607.jpg

#253 8 years ago

got a few pics finally got color dmd installed// Error: Image 433484 not found //// Error: Image 433485 not found //// Error: Image 433486 not found //// Error: Image 433491 not found //// Error: Image 433489 not found //// Error: Image 433492 not found //

#254 8 years ago

127508_totan_cab_1.jpg127508_totan_cab_1.jpgIMAG0056_totan_front_1.jpgIMAG0056_totan_front_1.jpg

#255 8 years ago

IMAG0057_totan_l_side_1.jpgIMAG0057_totan_l_side_1.jpg

#256 8 years ago

IMAG0058__totan_r_side_1.jpgIMAG0058__totan_r_side_1.jpg

#257 8 years ago

I should have taken glass off. doesn't do chris (HEP) restored pf justice. IMAG0063 totan upper pf.jpgIMAG0063 totan upper pf.jpg

#258 8 years ago

last one. IMAG0066 totan color dmd topper.jpgIMAG0066 totan color dmd topper.jpg

#259 8 years ago

What's up with the ROM versions on this title? Is this something that should be on my radar? Do I need this: CPU Eprom G11 Version L1.4 ?? Or the Sound ROM Set? Is the sound ROM updated at all? Any improvements to be had?

#260 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

CPU Eprom G11 Version L1.4

Looks like I have 1.3 currently if the startup screen is to be believed.

#261 8 years ago

I got the 1.4 game rom and cant remember the sound rom would have to look. I think it was a s-2 they came as a pair. got them because color dmd said needed the 1.4 game rom. someone else can answer the question better than I can.

#262 8 years ago

Thanks. I installed ColorDMD as well and it appears to be working fine with 1.3 if that's what I have...just wondering if 1.4 has any improvement worth the trouble.

#263 8 years ago

Just put my new CPR Totan playfield up for sale.
Looking for what I paid.
I don't have the game anymore.
I've had it three times since they announced the playfield to. Don't think I'll be getting it anytime soon.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/22823

#264 8 years ago

I think the last release was mainly more magnet pulsing to stop SDTM drains from the genie magnet. By the way, does anyone have a close up picture of the bottom of the underside of the playfield, mainly the last 6-8 inches of the bottom? I found two bare wires soldered together and I wonder if they're supposed to go to something, or maybe they're just a hack of some sort.

#265 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Thanks. I installed ColorDMD as well and it appears to be working fine with 1.3 if that's what I have...just wondering if 1.4 has any improvement worth the trouble.

Added adjustment A2.27 (MAGNET THROW). This adjustment can be used
to strengthen the magnet power when the game tries to throw the ball
off of the magnet at a Tale start.

Fixed a bug in Final Battle when a tilt occurs.

Balls are returned to the shooter faster in Final Battle.

Improved diverter rules between Harem Multiball and Rocs mode.

Slight improvements to speech.

Timing to the jet bumper post improved to help jet bumper action.

#266 8 years ago

Sorry misread the post.

#267 8 years ago

ToTAN cpr Playfield up on eBay for $ 1,500 + Shipping.....$ 600 Profit / Markup for whoever is selling it.....And we still have more to make for wave 2....Hope somebody doesn't get scammed on this......
ebay.com link: itm

#268 8 years ago

Wow,and I just want what I paid for mine

#269 8 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Added adjustment A2.27 (MAGNET THROW). This adjustment can be used
to strengthen the magnet power when the game tries to throw the ball
off of the magnet at a Tale start.
Fixed a bug in Final Battle when a tilt occurs.
Balls are returned to the shooter faster in Final Battle.
Improved diverter rules between Harem Multiball and Rocs mode.
Slight improvements to speech.
Timing to the jet bumper post improved to help jet bumper action.

Thanks!

#270 8 years ago

Anybody have some recommendations for LED's in the backbox/translite area? I have just a few on the playfield but wanted to brighten up the translite without making it look way different than the rest of the game.

#271 8 years ago

My friend managed to get a ball stuck here, I've never seen this before.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#272 8 years ago

New CPR playfield, looks amazing!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#273 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Anybody have some recommendations for LED's in the backbox/translite area? I have just a few on the playfield but wanted to brighten up the translite without making it look way different than the rest of the game.

I used frosted warm whites with a few select cool white frosteds to highlight some areas. Blue frosted behind the genie. It took me a few tries to find a nice look that didn't look too over the top. I'd suggest pulling off the trim and swap a few and hold up the translite until you find what you like.

IMG_8771.jpgIMG_8771.jpg

IMG_8758.jpgIMG_8758.jpg

#274 8 years ago

Anybody have a rough project that you feel like ditching?

#275 8 years ago
Quoted from taz:

By the way, does anyone have a close up picture of the bottom of the underside of the playfield, mainly the last 6-8 inches of the bottom? I found two bare wires soldered together and I wonder if they're supposed to go to something, or maybe they're just a hack of some sort.

Taz, do these help at all?

20141204_100353_2.jpg20141204_100353_2.jpg

20141204_100353_1.jpg20141204_100353_1.jpg

1 week later
#276 8 years ago

Any way to adjust the Bazaar hole kickout? I get some SDTD's occasionally from there...

#277 8 years ago

I've loosened the scoop coil bracket screws and was able to get it to move enough to side as I was getting them occasionally. Have you tried that yet?

I'd also confirm the scoop welds aren't broken and the plunger tip looks ok while your at it.

#278 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

ToTAN cpr Playfield up on eBay for $ 1,500 + Shipping.....$ 600 Profit / Markup for whoever is selling it.....And we still have more to make for wave 2....Hope somebody doesn't get scammed on this......
ebay.com link

Who cares?? Can u have one to my door in 3 days for $900? If not maybe someone is willing to pay $600 more now instead of waiting for "wave 2". Dont judge or begrudge others. The market will dictate if its worth it or not.

#279 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I've loosened the scoop coil bracket screws and was able to get it to move enough to side as I was getting them occasionally. Have you tried that yet?
I'd also confirm the scoop welds aren't broken and the plunger tip looks ok while your at it.

I found the coil sleeve/plunger tips in a TZ thread as well. I'll look at that and take a look at scoop welds. What's the remedy for a snapped weld? New scoop?

#280 8 years ago

Anyone have a nice TOTAN for sale? I'm looking for one with a nice cabinet. I have a CPR PF, so PF condition doesn't need to be perfect. PM me if you're interested in letting yours go!

#281 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I found the coil sleeve/plunger tips in a TZ thread as well. I'll look at that and take a look at scoop welds. What's the remedy for a snapped weld? New scoop?

Yes, Mantis makes a nice one. You can get it TIG'd back but I don't know anyone close that does this for less than the price of a new scoop.

#282 8 years ago

Can someone who knows TOTAN better than I do explain to me exactly what is happening in the translite?

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Can someone who knows TOTAN better than I do explain to me exactly what is happening in the translite?

Lol ! Have always thought that translite is odd.

#284 8 years ago

1001 Tales!

#285 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Love it...like it better than the alternates

#286 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Love it...like it better than the alternates

Totally disagree! This original translite drove me off the machine the first time I saw her....

#287 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Taz, do these help at all?

Thanks, your photos helped a lot. I was wondering what went to the little silver flat piece of metal protruding from the bottom center of the playfield. Turns out it was just a place to strap the harness to. Mine no longer has the harness there so it looks like something is missing. Again, thanks!

#288 8 years ago

Anybody using a Mantis Scoop AND a Cliffy Protector on the Bazaar hole?

#289 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Anybody using a Mantis Scoop AND a Cliffy Protector on the Bazaar hole?

No? I could not get the ball to fit through with both. Wondering if anybody had a similar issue. Tried bending the scoop a bit to open up but wouldn't give enough. Gave up and removed Cliffy.

#290 8 years ago

Sorry, didn't see this post. My scoop didn't need a Cliffy so I never put one on with the new scoop. Does Mantis make his type of scoop protector? That should work I'd think.

#291 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Does Mantis make his type of scoop protector? That should work I'd think.

Their protector looks like it is just an L shaped piece that covers the front edge of the hole(not the side). I'm assuming that would have the same issue since that's the side that the ball rolls over and needs clearance. I haven't seen a pic of the Mantis protector on a game so I'm not 100% sure. Part of the issue is that the mantis scoop is welded so well that you can't bend the right side of it up that much because there is a weld joint there. I had the cliffy in with my old scoop and was able to bend it slightly and the ball fit...no real problems.

#292 8 years ago

This is my TOTAN

IMGP0030.jpgIMGP0030.jpg

#293 8 years ago

more pictures....

IMGP0016.jpgIMGP0016.jpg

IMGP0019.jpgIMGP0019.jpg

IMGP0020.jpgIMGP0020.jpg

IMGP0023.jpgIMGP0023.jpg

#294 8 years ago

Confession: I got to wizard mode for the first time last night and beat the genie (barely). The only reason I managed to beat the genie was because my husband was launching balls for me while I hit the flippers like a crazy person. I did, however, rescue the princess all on my own.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No? I could not get the ball to fit through with both. Wondering if anybody had a similar issue. Tried bending the scoop a bit to open up but wouldn't give enough. Gave up and removed Cliffy.

same issues sir. what I did was put the original back in the game and bend it just right. the new one is to strong. I took the cliffy back off and modified it so the ball had just enough clearance. don't buy a new scoop save your money.

#296 8 years ago

too late...

1 week later
#297 8 years ago

Rescued princess finally...took me a while on account of the fact that I suck.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Rescued princess finally...took me a while on account of the fact that I suck.

Good for you... my princess is still captive!!!!

3 weeks later
#299 8 years ago

Cute little toppers!

20150925_132601.jpg20150925_132601.jpg

1 week later
#300 8 years ago

just checked the CPR site.. less than 5 playfields are left nows the time if your thinking about getting one !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 84.99
$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 36.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.