B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,692 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 54.
#2651 4 months ago
Quoted from radix:

Do we take that to mean the green products are not accurate to original?

Sounds like it.

Quoted from PPA-AG:

disappointing to see the RadCals. I have them on IJ and they look great but I can understand your frustration and unfortunately would probably do the same.
Are you happy with the ones from Outside Edge? I was thinking my next purchase for decals was going to be from Pinball Decals.eu but don't have any experience with either.

I have RadCals on my Indiana Jones and they look great on there. This is why I went with them on TOTAN, but those ended up being garbage. That always seems to be the case with Mirco products. You roll the dice.

The Outside Edge decals look good so far, but I haven't applied them yet. I'm waiting for the weather the get warmer, so I can properly prep the cabinet. I'll report back after I get them applied.

#2652 4 months ago

I installed Radcals 3 years ago. I was happy with the result. The color was slightly different, but I think mine are even different from the recent version depicted above. So over time, they could be closer or further from the original, depending on when they are printed. Certainly, we see color variations in decals too, depending on manufacturer.

IMG_1021 (resized).jpegIMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
#2653 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I installed Radcals 3 years ago. I was happy with the result. The color was slightly different, but I think mine are even different from the recent version depicted above. So over time, they could be closer or further from the original, depending on when they are printed. Certainly, we see color variations in decals too, depending on manufacturer.
[quoted image]

It's great that you like the way yours looks. I just wish the colors on the RadCals looked more like this. Where the background is a true black and not brown like the RadCals are.

totan (resized).jpgtotan (resized).jpg

#2654 3 months ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

It's great that you like the way yours looks. I just wish the colors on the RadCals looked more like this. Where the background is a true black and not brown like the RadCals are.
[quoted image]

I agree. Should be black and light blue, not brown and turquoise. I see it now. That’s unfortunate.

#2655 3 months ago

Here is a fun throwback for anyone interested. In 1996 Williams Pinball launched their website with a section devoted to ToTAN. In early 1997 The Internet Archive captured the ToTAN website and you can access it here.

I love that they had a playfield walkthrough feature on the site and that you could download some of the audio clips. Fun stuff for the time.

3 weeks later
#2656 3 months ago

I am also looking for decals, I found on this site :
https://www.free-play.se/en/playfield-parts/decals/cabinet-decals/complete-sets-5-pcs/tales-of-the-arabian-nights-cabinet-decals.html

Any feedback to give me?
Or another seller to advise me.
THANKS

p.s:I don't buy from mirco

#2657 3 months ago
Quoted from Suteiben:

I am also looking for decals, I found on this site :
https://www.free-play.se/en/playfield-parts/decals/cabinet-decals/complete-sets-5-pcs/tales-of-the-arabian-nights-cabinet-decals.html
Any feedback to give me?
Or another seller to advise me.
THANKS
p.s:I don't buy from mirco

I'll be buying some in the next couple of months. I was considering trying the glitter version but I can't remember the ones making them. I have really liked the decals from PinballDecals Eu for JM,STTNG,RS, and IJ.

2 weeks later
#2658 79 days ago

Can someone post a picture of their original backbox with light socket locations? Previous owner scooted the light sockets around for an alternate translight and I am installing the original. I have three lights just hanging. I see three holes at the bottom left, but need to shift lights all around

Thanks

20240303_174324 (resized).jpg20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
#2659 79 days ago
Quoted from 12Globetrotter:

Can someone post a picture of their original backbox with light socket locations? Previous owner scooted the light sockets around for an alternate translight and I am installing the original. I have three lights just hanging. I see three holes at the bottom left, but need to shift lights all around
Thanks
[quoted image]

This may not be the best angle but it might do the trick (not home but had this pic handy).

B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpegB4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
#2660 79 days ago
Quoted from Williams95:

This may not be the best angle but it might do the trick (not home but had this pic handy).[quoted image]

Thanks!!!!!!

#2661 79 days ago
Quoted from Williams95:

This may not be the best angle but it might do the trick (not home but had this pic handy).[quoted image]

Previous owner had it really messed up. Even moved some lights re-landing wires. I got it perfect and rang out all lights continuity. You are awesome. Thanks again!!

#2662 79 days ago

Hi
Does any one have a diagram or can tell me the correct layout of the hex spacers on the ramps,
the previous owner of my TOTAN has re installed them incorrectly.
Many thanks

#2663 78 days ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Hi
Does any one have a diagram or can tell me the correct layout of the hex spacers on the ramps,
the previous owner of my TOTAN has re installed them incorrectly.
Many thanks

I'm doing a scratch build. Not only is it hard to get the right hex post sizes in place, but some lengths are not obtainable. However, here's a link that should help:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/5#post-2527457

Start at post #204.

2 weeks later
#2664 64 days ago

Because I’ve never seen the back of the Genie, here:

Front

FrontFront

Back

BackBack

Never realized how accessible and already drilled out the eyes are.

#2665 64 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

Because I’ve never seen the back of the Genie, here:
Front
[quoted image]
Back
[quoted image]
Never realized how accessible and already drilled out the eyes are.

There should be a flasher mounted already inside his head (fastened to the metal backpiece). The eyes are very noticeable with a modern LED flasher in a color of personal choice. No drilling or extra work is needed.

#2666 64 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

There should be a flasher mounted already inside his head (fastened to the metal backpiece). The eyes are very noticeable with a modern LED flasher in a color of personal choice. No drilling or extra work is needed.

That’s very useful information, thank you

If anyone has a lamp for sale, am looking for one.

#2667 64 days ago
Quoted from MiniPinHead:

That’s very useful information, thank you
If anyone has a lamp for sale, am looking for one.

I bought mine with the eye leds already set up, but I can take some pics of how it goes if you want to do it yourself. There may be a thread already on the mod but I'm not sure.

#2668 63 days ago

Mine came with the eyes lit and a red fireball in his hand. I wanna do the custom paint job others have done and posted here.

IMG_8288 (resized).jpegIMG_8288 (resized).jpeg
#2669 63 days ago

The original genie mod was made by biglaw back in the day.

#2670 63 days ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Mine came with the eyes lit and a red fireball in his hand. I wanna do the custom paint job others have done and posted here.
[quoted image]

When you paint the genie, clean it good first, and then use some adhesion promoter spray coat before you lay down the color. As for color, there are several blues that seem to match the original colors, so search this thread for recommendations. (I have some of the cans around here still if you need the color names.) I used some tiny silver streaks in the hair, and liked the body wrap at his waist to be gold. (But you can do anything you like.) Lastly, two coats of clear will work best, and then let dry for a week or so before you reassemble.

#2671 63 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

When you paint the genie, clean it good first, and then use some adhesion promoter spray coat before you lay down the color. As for color, there are several blues that seem to match the original colors, so search this thread for recommendations. (I have some of the cans around here still if you need the color names.) I used some tiny silver streaks in the hair, and liked the body wrap at his waist to be gold. (But you can do anything you like.) Lastly, two coats of clear will work best, and then let dry for a week or so before you reassemble.

I saved this example. The adhesion promoter is a good idea. I might try this.

IMG_8326 (resized).jpegIMG_8326 (resized).jpeg
#2672 63 days ago

Another Example I used Acrylic and 2x Clear about 6 layers

IMG_4455_jpg (resized).jpgIMG_4455_jpg (resized).jpgIMG_4481 (resized).jpgIMG_4481 (resized).jpg
#2673 63 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Another Example I used Acrylic and 2x Clear about 6 layers[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool fireball. I'm going to attempt to make one this weekend.

1 week later
#2674 54 days ago

Hello everyone, my TOTAN is not lighting the translite, with the exception of the flash that lights up during the game, no other lamp works, where should I start?

#2675 54 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

Hello everyone, my TOTAN is not lighting the translite, with the exception of the flash that lights up during the game, no other lamp works, where should I start?

If all other GI lights work then check the connector for the GI going from the power driver board to the backbox.

You could also measure voltage at the backbox lamps and see if it's 0v or not.

#2676 53 days ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

If all other GI lights work then check the connector for the GI going from the power driver board to the backbox.
You could also measure voltage at the backbox lamps and see if it's 0v or not.

Thanks again Lhyrgoif, I'll check this connector, it's been 4 years and I've never tried to solve this problem hahaha

1 week later
#2677 42 days ago

Pinball.Center is saying no one carries volume Genie's for Totan.
Is this true? is there any market here in the states for a reproduction?

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tales-of-the-arabian-nights/11011/genie-for-tales-of-the-arabian-nights

I don't own the game; so, have no idea if this is indeed a hard to find part.
He's also suggesting that the Lamp might be of interest to people.
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tales-of-the-arabian-nights/4388/magic-lamp-gold-for-tales-of-the-arabian-nights?c=0

I'm not really interested in expanding our product offerings with these expensive parts - that said; if there is serious interest - I'm open to the idea of doing a limited buy for those that are interested.

66734_1_600x600[1] (resized).jpg66734_1_600x600[1] (resized).jpgimage_44291_1_600x600[1] (resized).jpgimage_44291_1_600x600[1] (resized).jpg
#2678 42 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tales-of-the-arabian-nights/11011/genie-for-tales-of-the-arabian-nights
https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/tales-of-the-arabian-nights/4388/magic-lamp-gold-for-tales-of-the-arabian-nights?c=0
I'm not really interested in expanding our product offerings with these expensive parts - that said; if there is serious interest - I'm open to the idea of doing a limited buy for those that are interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The availability for those two game-specific parts seems to be limited to one retailer each.

Lamp: https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/lamp-tales-of-the-arabian-nights.html

Genie: https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/TOTAN_Page.html

It wouldn't be surprising to see these two go out of stock any day, though.

#2679 38 days ago

I've never seen a Genie or Lamp that needed to be replaced, I don't know if that's such a worry, anyway there are mods

#2680 38 days ago

I've never seen a Genie or Lamp that needed replaced, I don't think it's that worrying, there are mods anyway

#2681 38 days ago

I've never seen a Genie or Lamp that needed replacing, I don't think it's that worrying, there are mods anyway

#2682 38 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from MiniPinHead:

The availability for those two game-specific parts seems to be limited to one retailer each.
Lamp: https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/lamp-tales-of-the-arabian-nights.html
Genie: https://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/TOTAN_Page.html
It wouldn't be surprising to see these two go out of stock any day, though.

Out of stock. Out of stock.
Guess someone bought them all.

#2683 38 days ago

I'd need to buy a minimum order of these parts. I haven't had anyone say specifically they are interested... So I'm not going to pull the trigger . If the interest changes, I'll re-evaluate.

1 week later
#2684 27 days ago

Well for the first time owning this pin I finally completed Scheherazade. Showed Scheherazade Award 1,000,000. Seems like it should be higher but I’ll take it

#2685 27 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Well for the first time owning this pin I finally completed Scheherazade. Showed Scheherazade Award 1,000,000. Seems like it should be higher but I’ll take it

To complete Sheherazade you only need to shoot one of the golden symbols once and hit the ramp, you don't need to hit the golden symbols several times to collect this jewel

#2686 27 days ago
Quoted from Zitt:

I'd need to buy a minimum order of these parts. I haven't had anyone say specifically they are interested... So I'm not going to pull the trigger . If the interest changes, I'll re-evaluate.

I would be interested in both the genie and lamp if you ever do these.

#2687 26 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

To complete Sheherazade you only need to shoot one of the golden symbols once and hit the ramp, you don't need to hit the golden symbols several times to collect this jewel

Not for 1 Million Bonus. You need to do the 4 shots then the ramp in 24 (countdown is on the DMD) seconds. Sure you hit 1 target and then ramp, but that’s not the 1 MIL jackpot bonus. That’s what I did for the first time. Got the 1MIL jackpot bonus. Try it. It’s not easy. You can’t drain otherwise you gotta start over, but the clock doesn’t. It shows on the playfield which ones you’ve completed on the smoke inserts. Good luck

#2688 26 days ago
Quoted from zimzam:

I would be interested in both the genie and lamp if you ever do these.

You would be the first.
When I sat interest was non-existent... I mean none. The minimum order was at least one order of magnitude higher than a single person.

2 weeks later
#2689 8 days ago

The multiball kickout has started to periodically not occur though the "multiball" animation and audio is played everytime this happens. After 5-10 seconds or so the "Bazaar" animation & audio plays since it detects the ball there and the game proceeds, 2 balls stay locked. Sometimes it works just fine and kicks out both balls as expected.

Any tips on what to check? adjust?

#2690 7 days ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni2:

Not for 1 Million Bonus. You need to do the 4 shots then the ramp in 24 (countdown is on the DMD) seconds. Sure you hit 1 target and then ramp, but that’s not the 1 MIL jackpot bonus. That’s what I did for the first time. Got the 1MIL jackpot bonus. Try it. It’s not easy. You can’t drain otherwise you gotta start over, but the clock doesn’t. It shows on the playfield which ones you’ve completed on the smoke inserts. Good luck

I didn't know about this, I just do a shot and collect the jewel, I didn't know there was a jackpot, for 1 million it's really not worth it hahaha

#2691 7 days ago
Quoted from electricpinguino:

The multiball kickout has started to periodically not occur though the "multiball" animation and audio is played everytime this happens. After 5-10 seconds or so the "Bazaar" animation & audio plays since it detects the ball there and the game proceeds, 2 balls stay locked. Sometimes it works just fine and kicks out both balls as expected.
Any tips on what to check? adjust?

check that everything is ok with the ball eject mechanism, the plunger must work freely, otherwise the coil sleeve must be changed and the plunger cleaned
check that the coil stop on the support is ok, if it is worn the plunger may become magnetized and not work correctly

#2692 7 days ago
Quoted from Leonardogit:

I didn't know about this, I just do a shot and collect the jewel, I didn't know there was a jackpot, for 1 million it's really not worth it hahaha

True. It should be 5 or 10 million. Try it sometime it’s challenging

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 36.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
$ 84.99
$ 37.50
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9.95
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bentonville, AR
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,692 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.