4318CC28-F4E4-4F2B-AC09-D871B37509DB (resized).jpeg
20220526_191459 (resized).jpg
IMG_6971 (resized).jpg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpg
IMG_6965 (resized).jpg
IMG_6969_jpg (resized).jpg
IMG_6968_jpg (resized).jpg
0484041D-AE01-454C-BFDF-62D1BA78BF0D (resized).jpeg

There are 2,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 49.
#2351 77 days ago

Finally got a really nice original Tales into my collection. Great game!! I’ve def been missing out.

5F61DDD0-9A86-4B70-8FD0-1B9C1D48EF43 (resized).jpegF88AA7C4-4D4F-4CF2-9CAF-A3B54137A295 (resized).jpeg
#2352 76 days ago
Quoted from Dias:

Hello, rarely i can go to the far snake chest, i changed the springs, the tube, but still very hard to send to the upper one. Does anyone have some solutions? thanks.
[quoted image]

It's worth checking alignment of the metal skill shot piece as well. The mounting points have some front-to-back adjustment available. If it's all the way forward, sometimes the ball will hit the metal by the closest hole and not reach the back.

#2353 76 days ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Finally got a really nice original Tales into my collection. Great game!! I’ve def been missing out.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Be careful touching the Apron metal.... it's a metal yellow anodized finish that is impossible to restore if your finger prints oxidize it significantly. (I am told you can't get that kind of finish in the USA any longer due to some chemical hazard issues with the OSHA folks). If your apron does get significantly tarnished, you'll be sanding the whole thing, and painting it some flavor or sunburst gold, baking it a bit to get a hard surface, and then hopefully getting a cut vinyl scroll-work decal applique from Treasure Cove (if he still makes them) to apply.

#2354 74 days ago

Just picked up my first TOTAN and I’ve been working through it, was untouched not even powered on in about 7 years.

One issue I’m a bit stumped on is the right orbit. Switch works in test and in game play it makes the sound, but when Ball Lock or Extra Ball is lit, magnet doesn’t stop ball and extra ball never registers. Is this possibly a magnet issue? Thoughts?

#2355 73 days ago

Just picked up my first and I’ve been working through it, was untouched not even powered on in about 7 years.
One issue I’m a bit stumped on is the right orbit. Switch works in test and in game play it makes the sound, but when Ball Lock or Extra Ball is lit, magnet doesn’t stop ball and extra ball never registers. Left orbit as well as other two locks work fine.

Update- I found a loose wire on the right captive ball, fixed it and my problem was also fixed. After a power cycle problem with orbit came right back! Ugh.

Any ideas?

#2356 72 days ago

Is anyone interested on the Arabian Nights topper, used but in good condition and 100% working? Am thinking in to sell it
( i live in France, but i can ship worldwide ).

topper-tales-of-the-arabian-nights (resized).jpg

#2357 66 days ago

Just making sure.
Since everything seems to be working fine, I suspect all these unplugged molex connectors Are just unused. First time lifting up the playfield on this one.
Thanx

5A5B9056-9470-4A8B-8549-46C9321E4917 (resized).jpeg
#2358 66 days ago

I have the same unplugged molex connectors on my Totan. Would be interested to know why they are there.

#2359 66 days ago
Quoted from Dias:

Is anyone interested on the Arabian Nights topper, used but in good condition and 100% working? Am thinking in to sell it
( i live in France, but i can ship worldwide ).
[quoted image]

Quoted from Andypc:

I have the same unplugged molex connectors on my Totan. Would be interested to know why they are there.

It was a Brilliant idea from Bally/Williams to waste wire and costs.
The idea was that a WPC95 wire Harness could be used for many games. Creating an all in 1 wire harness was an idea to make manufacturing cheaper(Huhh?) and faster.
Not a bad idea, but in the long run it was.

#2360 64 days ago

Thought this was a nice
Touch

A0264E51-31CB-4451-9DD9-1D034DB57D72 (resized).jpegEC76FE44-E585-46AD-B2CA-7DC837716CF6 (resized).jpeg
#2361 64 days ago

Nice upgrade. Mine had a brass-colored lamp that I added jewels to.

9ACAC340-0593-4DB1-B156-8A3CB909B80B (resized).png
#2362 60 days ago

I finished this restoration a few months ago.
I restore most machines for others...but this one is mine and a keeper.
I also purchased the Forgotten Tales kit at TPF...but do not have it going yet.
Enjoy!

1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg9 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg11 (resized).jpg12 (resized).jpg13 (resized).JPG14 (resized).jpg15 (resized).jpg16 (resized).jpg17 (resized).jpg18 (resized).jpg19 (resized).jpg20 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg22 (resized).jpg23 (resized).jpg24 (resized).jpg25 (resized).jpg26 (resized).jpg27 (resized).jpg28 (resized).jpg29 (resized).jpg30 (resized).jpg31 (resized).jpg32 (resized).jpg
#2363 59 days ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

Enjoy![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Jesus Friggin Christ, dude! Seriously?! Wow!

#2364 59 days ago

Enjoy![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent restoration. I have a restored TOTAN also. The more these are restored and returned to the pinball galaxy the better!

#2365 59 days ago

Very nice! Are those radcals or decals?

#2366 59 days ago

They look like Radcals. I put them on mine also. Glossy!

#2367 59 days ago

I have never seen the skeleton bed of nails in your picture. Where did you find that?

#2368 59 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have never seen the skeleton bed of nails in your picture. Where did you find that?

Good eye. Nice mod.

#2369 57 days ago

I would love to know if the stl file is available for that bed of nails!

#2370 57 days ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I would love to know if the stl file is available for that bed of nails!

Totally with you on that!

#2371 56 days ago

I’m thinking of recreating the mod from scratch. The platform and spikes are a pretty easy 3d modeling tasks. The skeleton, thinking might be able to find a small toy version and do a little air brush treatment. Thoughts ulmpharmd

#2372 56 days ago

I have a papo skeleton we can likely use that would work

#2373 56 days ago

I order these little guys from eBay I think for a couple bucks each. They come in handy for pinball mods with many themes (Elvira, CSI, TWD, BSD, etc). Only bummer is they ship from China and take several weeks to arrive.

BB6E360F-5650-47AA-9B66-27C2ADDCF463 (resized).png
#2374 56 days ago

Found these might be the perfect size:
Halloween Skeletons Decorations Full Body Posable Joints 15'' Skeletons 2 Pack amazon.com link »

#2375 56 days ago

Found these might be the perfect size:
Halloween Skeletons Decorations Full Body Posable Joints 15'' Skeletons 2 Pack amazon.com link »

15" ??? Perfect size?

#2376 56 days ago

I’m thinking of recreating the mod from scratch. The platform and spikes are a pretty easy 3d modeling tasks. The skeleton, thinking might be able to find a small toy version and do a little air brush treatment. Thoughts ulmpharmd

Sign me up if you do - I would love to have that mod too.

#2377 56 days ago

Well Jjlp if you look at the rib cage and head, I’d bet they are pretty close in size…? the skeleton on that mod is pretty big. Call me crazy

#2379 56 days ago

That’s the one previous owner had on the game I just got. Works well

#2380 55 days ago

can anyone tell me where this plastic goes? got an untouched one together with the sling plastics ( i have a feeling its all from the original goodie bag) and i cant figure it out. doesnt seem like a key fob with two holes at the top

pasted_image (resized).png
#2381 55 days ago
Quoted from Dias:

Is anyone interested on the Arabian Nights topper, used but in good condition and 100% working? Am thinking in to sell it ( i live in France ).[quoted image]

Quoted from shokel328:

can anyone tell me where this plastic goes? got an untouched one together with the sling plastics ( i have a feeling its all from the original goodie bag) and i cant figure it out. doesnt seem like a key fob with two holes at the top
[quoted image]

it covers the ramp diverter coil on the top

#2382 53 days ago

I’m looking for the cobra plastic that goes on the light housing at the top of the skill shot. Anybody got an extra they are willing to part with ? Thanks in advance.

A798A99F-B0A8-4144-84B5-D6D167C5CDA2 (resized).jpeg
#2383 50 days ago

1st pass on the wood plank modeling for the bed of spikes. Im not crazy about how this turned out…
1. Need less topology (needs to be flatter)
2. Separation between boards need to be larger
3. Paint tones need adjusting
4. Don’t skew the planks, they should all be equal width and straight

0AE4312F-C3FF-43CA-B154-C43B3789CA51 (resized).jpeg0FE5345A-D5E0-4E1F-8B8D-85B943509F92 (resized).jpeg

#2384 49 days ago

1st pass on the wood plank modeling for the bed of spikes. Im not crazy about how this turned out…
1. Need less topology (needs to be flatter)
2. Separation between boards need to be larger
3. Paint tones need adjusting
4. Don’t skew the planks, they should all be equal width and straight
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good already!

#2385 46 days ago

Think I found the perfect skeletons, and a few more wood plank tests

0484041D-AE01-454C-BFDF-62D1BA78BF0D (resized).jpeg7009D758-05AE-4E52-88F8-7857493F0519 (resized).jpeg
#2386 45 days ago

K first prototype. Came out pretty good. I don't think it's as nice as the other one I have seen, but it's pretty cool. ALSO, it's interactive LOL. I had an idea that maybe if the skeleton's leg hung at the right angle the ball could hit his foot and "bump" his leg. It worked perfectly and its kinda funny when the ball hits his foot.
IMG_6965 (resized).jpg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpg
IMG_6969_jpg (resized).jpg
IMG_6968_jpg (resized).jpg
IMG_6971 (resized).jpg

#2387 45 days ago

K first prototype. Came out pretty good. I don't think it's as nice as the other one I have seen, but it's pretty cool. ALSO, it's interactive LOL. I had an idea that maybe if the skeleton's leg hung at the right angle the ball could hit his foot and "bump" his leg. It worked perfectly and its kinda funny when the ball hits his foot.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I like it. How much?

#2388 45 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like it. How much?

I'm in too, when you get to that point!

#2389 45 days ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great Work!!
I'm so IN if you make a few more.
Would love one.
Thanks

#2391 44 days ago

Thanks everyone. I will keep you all posted. It will be a little bit. Unfortunately I’m handling a family emergency. I at least wanted to reply and thank you for support and I hope to make some of these soon!

1 week later
#2392 37 days ago

Joined the club yesterday, so happy!!

20220526_191459 (resized).jpg
#2393 37 days ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

Joined the club yesterday, so happy!!
[quoted image]

Congrats. To me, TOTAN is one of the most beautiful and fun games to play. What are your plans? You gonna add some mods or keep it original?

#2394 37 days ago
Quoted from jazc4:

Congrats. To me, TOTAN is one of the most beautiful and fun games to play. What are your plans? You gonna add some mods or keep it original?

The game already came with some mods:
-Pinball Pro speakers (all 3 of them)
-Side art
-Full led: Not a fan, they're too bright in person so will change out a few. Also for gi some are incandescent bulbs and some are leds, but the used leds are not frosted or anything.
-Lock hole is lit up
-Bazar scoop is lit up
-Genie has leds behind his eyes, but that mod does not work at the moment.

The only mod I could think of right now (apart from changing some leds) is a LCD ColorDMD, that would look amazing
Also: What is the latest software version? I read somewhere that a Pinside member is making a homemade version, is that available somewhere?

#2395 37 days ago
Quoted from RobDutch:

The game already came with some mods:
-Pinball Pro speakers (all 3 of them)
-Side art
-Full led: Not a fan, they're too bright in person so will change out a few. Also for gi some are incandescent bulbs and some are leds, but the used leds are not frosted or anything.
-Lock hole is lit up
-Bazar scoop is lit up
-Genie has leds behind his eyes, but that mod does not work at the moment.
The only mod I could think of right now (apart from changing some leds) is a LCD ColorDMD, that would look amazing
Also: What is the latest software version? I read somewhere that a Pinside member is making a homemade version, is that available somewhere?

Ad a COLOR DMD LED it's amazing! Game changing, and the colorization is really beautiful! And doesn't have tons of blue except for the genie . the pin2dmd is full of blue colors and it's not really amazing.

#2396 36 days ago

Bed o nails progress, one of the 3d printers is down, so the operation line is kinda on hold

4318CC28-F4E4-4F2B-AC09-D871B37509DB (resized).jpeg

#2397 35 days ago

Bed o nails progress, one of the 3d printers is down, so the operation line is kinda on hold
[quoted image]

Looking good!

#2398 35 days ago

[quoted image]

Put me down for 1

#2399 35 days ago

[quoted image]

How much?

#2400 35 days ago

Hey folks! Update on the bed of nails

So I made a bit of a measurement mistake and thus I have 5 sets up for grabs at 40% off. These ones the leg will not connect with the ball and move. However, they look every bit as good visually.

His leg is bent and slightly hangs but will not hit the ball. It does not detract from the much improved presentation over the stock plastic.
————————
So what’s the price on these?

The price is going to be $99.00, but these 5 will be 60.00 (40% off). This includes the Skelton, bed of nails and new painted screws as well for a nice “seamless” install visually. Pm me if your interested in the half off model! Also will provide a link for online instructions

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 36.95
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New Haven, CT
There are 2,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 49.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!