B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 54.
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Making those genies has become a personal adventure... I had 4-5 on my machine over the years. And I have passed some of those on to other TOTAN owners as I made a new one.
That said, I now own nearly every shade of blue spray, from classic genie blue to every flavor of lagoon and classic blue. I have metallic shimmer clear coats, and several shades of gold and silver accent paint. In the process, I found something called "Adhesion Promoter" which if you have never tried it, do! It allows nearly any surface to be painted and stick.
The genie itself, which on a fresh machine is aladdin blue like in the movies. Light but full bodied blue. This bright light blue dulls and gets a green/grey tint on a heavily routed machine. After I degrease older genies, and apply adhesion promoter, I start with a base aladdin blue and then add depth using other shades. I find the genies look best when I mix a couple of the shades of blue carefully. Looks richer...
Now that I don't have the machine any longer, I think my artistry might be drawing to a close...

There are plenty more toys on plenty more pins don’t hang up your palette quite yet

#2052 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I was lucky to find a TOTAN with the genie modified to have lit eyes and red glowing ball in his hand. Lights up only when genie is hit or activated in a mode.
[quoted image]

That’s a great idea with the fireball! What is the fireball made from or where can that mode be bought from?

#2054 3 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

That’s a great idea with the fireball! What is the fireball made from or where can that mode be bought from?

I’ll have to look at it, it was already modified when I got it. I’m guessing a clear plastic marble with a hole drilled and tiny LED behind or inside it.

#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Whant angle do you all have your TOTAN at?

Mine’s at 6.7 degrees - slightly higher than the manual recommends.

#2056 3 years ago

Whant angle do you all have your TOTAN at?

I kept mine dead-on at 6.5. Anything lower and the balls felt like they were a little 'floating', and higher seemed to affect long drops from the genie to the flippers more than I liked. 6.5 (measured at the flippers) was the sweet spot for my style of play.

#2057 3 years ago

Started a little paint on the genie and modeled him a fireball that will be lit from the back.

C64D4730-083A-4D66-AB87-F1A7E9EC6DE9 (resized).jpegC64D4730-083A-4D66-AB87-F1A7E9EC6DE9 (resized).jpegD780798F-97A6-4DE2-92F7-7DFD418DCB14 (resized).jpegD780798F-97A6-4DE2-92F7-7DFD418DCB14 (resized).jpeg
#2058 3 years ago

Started a little paint on the genie and modeled him a fireball that will be lit from the back.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

#2059 3 years ago

Started a little paint on the genie and modeled him a fireball that will be lit from the back.[quoted image][quoted image]

What did you make the fireball out of?

#2060 3 years ago

Thank you! The fireball I 3D sculpted and printed with a red transparent filament. I may make a few extras

#2061 3 years ago

Few more touch ups. Dry brushed his hair with silver, painted the veins a very subtle blue, and finally 7 layers of clear! Came out pretty decent
Thanks for the inspiration Markharris2000 and Green-Machine

080D60C9-5E15-4FCC-AF9E-1E2ACA8F4E9C (resized).jpeg080D60C9-5E15-4FCC-AF9E-1E2ACA8F4E9C (resized).jpeg

D2B73E4D-5F83-4113-9427-0D61C1DD5B09 (resized).jpegD2B73E4D-5F83-4113-9427-0D61C1DD5B09 (resized).jpeg
#2062 3 years ago

Few more touch ups. Dry brushed his hair with silver, painted the veins a very subtle blue, and finally 7 layers of clear! Came out pretty decent
Thanks for the inspiration markharris2000 and green-machine
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Man! That looks great. The hair looks cool that way! Nice job Brady

#2063 3 years ago

Thanks for the inspiration markharris2000 and green-machine
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is one awesome, glossy genie! I’m not sure you want the ball slamming into that guy now! What about a fanny pack made of those blue cushions to absorb direct shots? Great job, I need to get the courage to try that!

#2064 3 years ago

Pinkitten yep that occurred to me. I lathered up the clear in that area. But I also have some super thin Mylar I might experiment with!

In other news finally getting the brass on... Removing those old side rails with nothing short of nerve-racking… But success and no damage. Just need to add the legs and glass channel

282516A1-C2D7-485F-9489-24D260263259 (resized).jpeg282516A1-C2D7-485F-9489-24D260263259 (resized).jpegEB97A04C-2A83-456B-9F7E-D04EE4EB8A5E (resized).jpegEB97A04C-2A83-456B-9F7E-D04EE4EB8A5E (resized).jpeg
#2065 3 years ago

decided to make my own sword topper. Modelling a base for the sword and going to 3d print the logo and underlight it

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 4.07.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-02-28 at 4.07.15 PM (resized).png
#2066 3 years ago

decided to make my own sword topper. Modelling a base for the sword and going to 3d print the logo and underlight it
[quoted image]

I like it...but you dont want the gems in a strait line?

#2067 3 years ago

Thanks Ericpinballfan still up for debate, i was thinking of making them arranged more like the display.

#2068 3 years ago

Yeah the DMD shows them like that. Seems like a great idea, break from the norm

#2069 3 years ago

Almost ready to put him on, got the fireball all wired up

IMG_4454 (resized).pngIMG_4454 (resized).pngIMG_4455_jpg (resized).jpgIMG_4455_jpg (resized).jpg
#2070 3 years ago

Today’s project operation diy topper, sneak peek

3D printing some detail bits for it
4BFD3E7C-AECD-4CBF-BAB1-A00B28EE5B38 (resized).jpeg4BFD3E7C-AECD-4CBF-BAB1-A00B28EE5B38 (resized).jpeg
Toy sword with holes drilled for the Gems
EE15A62A-E893-4E9D-86AD-152FF3BDF3C9 (resized).jpegEE15A62A-E893-4E9D-86AD-152FF3BDF3C9 (resized).jpeg

#2071 3 years ago

Damn, that’s awesome!

#2072 3 years ago

Today’s project operation diy topper, sneak peek
3D printing some detail bits for it
[quoted image]
Toy sword with holes drilled for the Gems
[quoted image]

Yeah... this guy has some talent!

#2073 3 years ago

Lots-o-wires and it’s almost time to test!

180690F9-6620-41EC-B000-6A792AB9D348 (resized).jpeg180690F9-6620-41EC-B000-6A792AB9D348 (resized).jpegC8ABED69-D280-452E-AE89-85C07580967E (resized).jpegC8ABED69-D280-452E-AE89-85C07580967E (resized).jpeg
#2074 3 years ago

Lots-o-wires and it’s almost time to test! [quoted image][quoted image]

I use to own a TOTAN years ago and sold it and I had a topper that looked like this. Every time I collected a jewel, one of the sword inserts would light up. It really completed the game. Yours looks awesome and you would make a fine penny making these, although I’m sure it would be a pain. Plus, I love the logo you put on yours because mine didn’t have that.

Excellent work sir!

1 week later
#2075 3 years ago

answered my own question...
remove

#2076 3 years ago

Totan topper test take 1, success! Its getting a minor bit of ghosting, but it must be due to the leds I used, but its barely noticeable. Pretty happy with it! (sorry kinda blown out video )

#2077 3 years ago

Totan topper test take 1, success! Its getting a minor bit of ghosting, but it must be due to the leds I used, but its barely noticeable. Pretty happy with it! (sorry kinda blown out video )

That awesome. Great job. Best I have seen.

#2078 3 years ago

Wow, amazing. You should sell these

#2079 3 years ago

Thank you so much for the kind words. So I already have a version 2 in the works, that being said I may have an extra if anyone is interested. I wish I could make these for sale but they take a lot of time and I would need a shop full of minions to help me

#2080 3 years ago

Thank you so much for the kind words. So I already have a version 2 in the works, that being said I may have an extra if anyone is interested. I wish I could make these for sale but they take a lot of time and I would need a shop full of minions to help me

your project is awesome. I would love to have this on mine as well...

anyone have checked the Totan 2.0 ? it seems to be a great project too... I would love to have it on my Totan. The pin is amazing but the software has some flaws and is way too easy.

here is what it looks like:

#2082 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

your project is awesome. I would love to have this on mine as well...
anyone have checked the Totan 2.0 ? it seems to be a great project too... I would love to have it on my Totan. The pin is amazing but the software has some flaws and is way too easy.
here is what it looks like:

This seems pretty damn cool to me. Is this a ROM set that is available or is there more to it?

Chris

#2083 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

This seems pretty damn cool to me. Is this a ROM set that is available or is there more to it?
Chris

here is a link to the project for info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-software-rewrite-on-p-roc-twilight-melody

from what I've been told it's closed to a beta but the dev is still working on it on testing phase.
IT's running with a small computer and a P-ROC board sold by multimorphic. There are a lot of assets and there is no way that you could have that on the old WPC chipset.
There should be a kit with a autolauncher to add and so on... . Running in color or dmd in all displays with a lot of new modes and animations...
pretty cool.

#2084 3 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

here is a link to the project for info:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-software-rewrite-on-p-roc-twilight-melody
from what I've been told it's closed to a beta but the dev is still working on it on testing phase.
IT's running with a small computer and a P-ROC board sold by multimorphic. There are a lot of assets and there is no way that you could have that on the old WPC chipset.
There should be a kit with a autolauncher to add and so on... . Running in color or dmd in all displays with a lot of new modes and animations...
pretty cool.

Thank you, I hadn't seen this. Very cool!

Chris

#2085 3 years ago

Hey folks I ended up with an extra Genie. I wanted to offer it up here before throwing on Ebay. It is hand painted, clear coated 7 layers, has blue lit eyes, and custom modeled fireball that illuminates as well. Comes with an adapter to easily wire into the jackpot lamp. The cool thing with the way I did the eyes is the flasher that sits inside the Genie will still pop the eyes also! Really cool effects. Pm me if you are interested.

3d-110 (resized).jpg3d-110 (resized).jpgIMG_4455_jpg (resized).jpgIMG_4455_jpg (resized).jpgIMG_4496 (resized).jpgIMG_4496 (resized).jpg
#2086 3 years ago

Pm sent

#2087 3 years ago

Wondering if anyone knows if the magnet thermostat is required to be located on top of, or around the sides of, the magnet? The magnet grabs the ball from the left ramp and puts in to the right flipper ramp. The thermostat protrudes out of the magnet and is also not round thus has to be squeezed into the round housing of the metal ramp holder. Anyone locate this thermostat outside of the magnet? Mine keeps failing and has to be replaced.

#2088 3 years ago

I decided to take a swing at making a fireball. I wanted mine to look more "ball shaped" (like a small sun).

Here's my first pass at it...

IMG_7285 (resized).jpgIMG_7285 (resized).jpgIMG_7286 (resized).jpgIMG_7286 (resized).jpg
#2089 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

I decided to take a swing at making a fireball. I wanted mine to look more "ball shaped" (like a small sun).
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think it looks awesome!

#2090 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

That looks awesome! looks very realistic when lit

#2091 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job!

#2093 3 years ago

Hello, just bougth a nice TOTAN, now I need to satisfy my urge to MOD
I was wondering if anyone ever bought the following mod for the sword launcher ? ( it looks cool )
https://pimpmypin.com/
The website looks awkward ( no price, unclear contact and so on ), so I am carefull.

#2094 3 years ago

Also the mirrored backglass from www.ClassicPlayfields.com any good?

#2095 3 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, just bougth a nice TOTAN, now I need to satisfy my urge to MOD
I was wondering if anyone ever bought the following mod for the sword launcher ? ( it looks cool )
https://pimpmypin.com/
The website looks awkward ( no price, unclear contact and so on ), so I am carefull.

Never saw that before. Looks pretty cool.

Chris

#2096 3 years ago

Joined the club back in December. The machine has a few problems, and over the last few months have worked out most of the bugs. But, I'm stuck.
After ball 1, my games loads 2 balls; but not all the time.

I have done the normal things: 1) Checked the ball trough for divets, and put in a shim. 2) Replaced the balls in case they were magnetized. 3) Went ahead and replaced the transmitter optos in the ball trough (and yes they test out fine). It still has the issue!

Last night i did some more playing, and realized this condition only manifests on ball2, and once Ball 1 is put into ball lock. Ball 2 loads along with Ball 3 all at once.
I also checked the ball lock switches, which all passed switch tests. Going to retry tonight.

Anyone have any ideas or seen this before?

#2097 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

Joined the club back in December. The machine has a few problems, and over the last few months have worked out most of the bugs. But, I'm stuck.
I have done the normal things: 1) Checked the ball trough for divets, and put in a shim. 2) Replaced the balls in case they were magnetized. 3) Went ahead and replaced the transmitter optos in the ball trough (and yes they test out fine). It still has the issue!
Last night i did some more playing, and realized this condition only manifests on ball2, and once Ball 1 is put into ball lock. Ball 2 loads along with Ball 3 all at once.
I also checked the ball lock switches, which all passed switch tests. Going to retry tonight.

Did you reflow solder on the pin connections of the trough boards? Could be a cold solder joint causing intermittent false switch closure.

#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

Did you reflow solder on the pin connections of the trough boards? Could be a cold solder joint causing intermittent false switch closure.

I inspected them under a magnifying glass, and they all looked great. But valid point, I had not attempted to reflow the connections. May give that a try tonight.

I will state that i did numerous switch edge tests with the optos. It never failed. And thought if i had a cold solder joint, i should have seen it by now.

At this point, I am open to trying anything......

#2099 3 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

So are you saying that you get Ball 1 sent up to the shooter lane normally, and then once you play that and it drains, a new ball is ejected into the shooter lane, followed by another a few seconds later? Or does the eject coil send up TWO BALLS at the same exact time with ONE coil energize?

#2100 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

So are you saying that you get Ball 1 sent up to the shooter lane normally, and then once you play that and it drains, a new ball it ejected into the shooter lane, followed by another a few seconds later? Or does the eject coil send up TWO BALLS at the same exact time with ONE coil energize?

Ball 1 loads perfectly. If i dont lock the ball (the mode), and it drains after play, ball 2, 3, and 4 load one at a time (per each normal play). But if I lock ball 1, when it loads ball 2, it also loads ball 3 immediately after. (note, before replacing the balls and shim, it used to do a random combo, sometimes loading 2 balls at once, or a few seconds later. the shim and ball replacement seem to clear part of it up). So I now have 2 balls stacked in the shooter lane. Even more interesting, if i left one ball drain, it still does not end the ball. At that point I have to drain both balls before it stops to play ball 3.

Is one coil activation loading 2 balls? I dont think so. It sounds like it is energizing twice. And if it were, the problem would be all the time, and not just went under ball lock.

It's bizarre.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 84.99
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.