Topic Stats

• 1,723 posts
  • 224 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Green-Machine
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 872 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1089 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
0541E1DA-E9F7-40DB-9C18-E74DB2F83C14 (resized).jpeg
IMG-20200603-WA0003 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0005 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0004 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0007 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0011 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0010 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0009 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0008 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0012 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0013 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0014 (resized).jpg
IMG-20200603-WA0015 (resized).jpg
15904180837344759915065739991298 (resized).jpg

There are 1723 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.
#1701 66 days ago

My Totan is nearing the end of a full restoration with new decals and playfield. Just been sent these pictures.

IMG-20200603-WA0004 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0005 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0003 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0014 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0007 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0008 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0009 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0010 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0013 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0011 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0012 (resized).jpgIMG-20200603-WA0015 (resized).jpg
#1702 65 days ago
Quoted from Andypc:

My Totan is nearing the end of a full restoration with new decals and playfield. Just been sent these pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice choice on the lamp spinning disc color

#1703 65 days ago
Quoted from Andypc:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks beautiful. Mirco or CPR pf?

#1704 65 days ago

It's a Mirco Playfield and I am really please with it.

1 month later
#1705 32 days ago

Just did a bunch of updates on my TOTAN: Swapped the tiger post with the TZ adjustable one, Cleaned and rebuilt the genie lamp, hand painted and clear coated the genie, installed a mantis trough, updated many of the 555/906 lamp sockets, rebuilt outholes and flippers, installed a ColorDMD screen, installed a new bazaar scoop, refinished the coindoor, replaced lockdown bar and cabinet mounted receiver, changed a handful of roll over micro switches, reflowed the circular contact surfaces on all lamp boards and finally put in G16 mirror finish balls and a new powder coated apron with decal applied. Whew...

Now I am getting ready to change all three of the plastic ramps and some picture plastics on top of the playfield and am a little intimidated due to all of the pieces involved that need to be removed all at the same time. I have taken Lots of pictures from lots of angles.

I would love to hear from anyone that has already done this ramps swap. Any tips or areas to be careful with would be helpful.

#1706 32 days ago

I did a CPR playfield swap a few years back. I would like to suggest taking extra notes or pictures of the hex spacers used on the ramps. It can be pretty confusing. If one is out of place, everything gets off. Also. this is the time for dealing g with plastics protectors, plastics, rubber and pops. They are all open.

1 week later
#1707 25 days ago

Hi guys. A couple of months ago I restored a TOTAN which involved a bunch of troubleshooting and interesting fixes. Read about it here if you are interested: https://www.afpinball.com/restorations/tales-of-the-arabian-nights

#1708 25 days ago

Thank you for the post. This will be a valuable resource.

1 week later
#1709 18 days ago

Joined the club finally I rubbed my Shiny lamp to find a German speaking Genie!

0541E1DA-E9F7-40DB-9C18-E74DB2F83C14 (resized).jpeg
I plan on replacing a few and adding a few things. Apron is a bit rough. Any suggestions on a new apron?

1 week later
#1710 8 days ago

Looking for help with my flashers. None are working. Thanks

#1711 8 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Looking for help with my flashers. None are working. Thanks

Did you check your fuses on the driver board?

#1712 8 days ago

Fuses are good. Only thing I found was one of my flasher sockets was busted. This caused the problem?

image (resized).jpg

#1713 8 days ago

Fuses are good. Only thing I found was one of my flasher sockets was busted. This caused the problem?
[quoted image]

Problem solved!

#1714 8 days ago

It would be nice If you could contribute to the forum by describing your experience and how you solved it.

#1715 8 days ago

I have an extra fully hand painted and clearcoated Genie I'd be willing to sell if someone wants it. I made two since I was in the mood to be crafty. I installed one on my TOTAN, and the other just sits... If someone has a real interest, let me know.
See it below or here (with some detail on what I did): https://ibb.co/pzkKD8d

IMG_1089 (resized).jpg
#1716 8 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I have an extra fully hand painted and clearcoated Genie I'd be willing to sell if someone wants it. I made two since I was in the mood to be crafty. I installed one on my TOTAN, and the other just sits... If someone has a real interest, let me know.
See it below or here (with some detail on what I did): https://ibb.co/pzkKD8d
[quoted image]

That looks great Mark!

#1717 8 days ago

That looks great Mark!

Can we see a picture of your TOTAN?

#1718 8 days ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

It would be nice If you could contribute to the forum by describing your experience and how you solved it.

I have just purchased my TOTAN In all the excitement of buying a new pen I did not notice that the flashers were not working.
The next day after I got at home I started tearing into it. I had plans on shopping it out and replacing plastics and apron. That’s when I noticed the flashers weren’t working.
With a little help from friends here on Pinside to help direct me for troubleshooting issues with lighting. I began the process. The fuses checked out good and all the solder joints looked good as well.
I decided to look through schematics and start tracing through everything. I found that a ribbon cable plugs into J101. Found it just slightly pulled out of the connection on one side. I pushed it in completely and Presto.

#1719 7 days ago

I have just purchased my TOTAN In all the excitement of buying a new pen I did not notice that the flashers were not working.
The next day after I got at home I started tearing into it. I had plans on shopping it out and replacing plastics and apron. That’s when I noticed the flashers weren’t working.
With a little help from friends here on Pinside to help direct me for troubleshooting issues with lighting. I began the process. The fuses checked out good and all the solder joints looked good as well.
I decided to look through schematics and start tracing through everything. I found that a ribbon cable plugs into J101. Found it just slightly pulled out of the connection on one side. I pushed it in completely and Presto.

After moving a game, it's always a good idea to press or reseat all plugs on the boards. I do this every time to save similar headaches.

Now kick the shit out of that Genie and smooch your princess!

#1720 7 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

After moving a game, it's always a good idea to press or reseat all plugs on the boards. I do this every time to save similar headaches.
Now kick the shit out of that Genie and smooch your princess!

Yes, I should know this. Thanks! Ha Ha I’ll do that

#1721 1 day ago

A few years back I totally rebuilt and put a new cpr Playfield, color dmd, laserrif
Topper, new plastics, protectors, & lots more. Anyone have an idea on price? New ramps,too.

#1722 1 day ago

Can we see a picture of your TOTAN?

I am in the process of swapping ALL three of the clear ramps on my machine, but will post pictures as soon as the operation is done... Swapping ramps is not for the faint of heart, and I have been taking pictures and writing down every screw and spacer in hopes of being able to put it back together without issues.

#1723 21 hours ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

I am in the process of swapping ALL three of the clear ramps on my machine, but will post pictures as soon as the operation is done... Swapping ramps is not for the faint of heart, and I have been taking pictures and writing down every screw and spacer in hopes of being able to put it back together without issues.

Good to know! I’m thinking of getting a new swirl ramp because my flap is wrecked and I cannot find a new one anywhere

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 47.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
There are 1723 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside