B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 54.
#1401 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Has anybody picked up a CPR or other Playfield as a spare? Curious on who has done this or replaced the original
Sure its a lot of work. I'm tempted to pick up one, but maybe they will just keep producing them and holding onto one is wasted money

Mine is a CPR Gold we completed the swap about a month and half ago. I had the playfield for a year before the install and so far I'm Really happy not a scratch so far and it looks amazing.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Has anybody picked up a CPR or other Playfield as a spare? Curious on who has done this or replaced the original
Sure its a lot of work. I'm tempted to pick up one, but maybe they will just keep producing them and holding onto one is wasted money

There will always be a playfield for sale. Plenty of guys pick them up and never do the work. Hell I'm sitting on 2! Not totan fyi. Addams and a fire.

#1403 4 years ago

Ok, that’s what I figured. Any differences or preferences between CPR or MicroPlayfields?

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Ok, that’s what I figured. Any differences or preferences between CPR or MicroPlayfields?

Cpr for Totan.

#1405 4 years ago

My swap was a CPR and it looks great

#1406 4 years ago

I figured but why is MicroPlayfields more expensive then?

Are both certified Williams/Bally?

#1407 4 years ago

I just completed a full restoration including a CPR playfield for Mike, the owner of CPR. The swap went very well and the playfield is beautiful.

#1408 4 years ago

I purchased a Totan yesterday than came with a CPR Gold Playfield from the 2015 run. The owner had not got round to installing it. Was really disappointed when I opened it to find problems with the inserts. I have not seen this on a CPR playfield before. I got a Silver Diner playfield and the inserts are perfect, so was not expecting this to have happened to a gold playfield.

20190829_204818 (resized).jpg20190829_204818 (resized).jpg20190829_205313 (resized).jpg20190829_205313 (resized).jpg20190829_205323 (resized).jpg20190829_205323 (resized).jpg20190829_205331 (resized).jpg20190829_205331 (resized).jpg20190829_205338 (resized).jpg20190829_205338 (resized).jpg20190829_205344 (resized).jpg20190829_205344 (resized).jpg20190829_205355 (resized).jpg20190829_205355 (resized).jpg20190829_205427 (resized).jpg20190829_205427 (resized).jpg20190829_205446 (resized).jpg20190829_205446 (resized).jpg
#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I purchased a Totan yesterday than came with a CPR Gold Playfield from the 2015 run. The owner had not got round to installing it. Was really disappointed when I opened it to find problems with the inserts. I have not seen this on a CPR playfield before. I got a Silver Diner playfield and the inserts are perfect, so was not expecting this to have happened to a gold playfield.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Man that stinks! Couldn’t hurt to ask someone at CPR about how to repair. It is a great game so hopefully the original in the game is playable! Enjoy!

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

New to the club as of Sunday, and I've gotten thru about 11 pages so far.
Anyone bought the CPR glass for this game and how does it look vs the translight? Are the colors more vibrant?
I saw it mentioned a few times about some sort of guard on the skill shot ramp. I know some clear tubing was mentioned. Has anyone tried some clear heat shrink? I was thinking that it might stick in place better when shrunk...

Anyone on answers on these?

Also wondering if these https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-anti-loft-switch-back-plate.html would fit on the back of the narrow stand up targets for not only stiffness, but to reduce airballs?

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

I purchased a Totan yesterday than came with a CPR Gold Playfield from the 2015 run. The owner had not got round to installing it. Was really disappointed when I opened it to find problems with the inserts. I have not seen this on a CPR playfield before. I got a Silver Diner playfield and the inserts are perfect, so was not expecting this to have happened to a gold playfield.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dude, that is garbage. Id totally hit them up and send them these pics. I can imagine they want a Pinside thread showing these images without resolving this

#1413 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Did the inserts sink, slip down and you can feel the wood? Thats what it looks like.
If so, it may have been stored flat for 4 years, dont store playfields flat.

#1414 4 years ago

Anybody get the CPR TOTAN backglass? Curious on how it looks lit up

https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/totan-bg/

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Anybody get the CPR TOTAN backglass? Curious on how it looks lit up
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/totan-bg/

Ive been on the fence about CPR Totan. I have Addams and Indy and they are amazing. Its this damn light pan Im thinking just wont work good with glass. Barely works with a translight. I also have all 4 translites and switch up once or twice a year

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ive been on the fence about CPR Totan. I have Addams and Indy and they are amazing. Its this damn light pan Im thinking just wont work good with glass. Barely works with a translight. I also have all 4 translites and switch up once or twice a year

Yeah I’m waiting for somebody else to be the test of truth. You would think CPR would post a video. It’s too expensive to risk it, so I’m fine waiting. I’ve got other problems to worry about like my next post

#1417 4 years ago

Ok, pretty sure this is the “row short” I’ve beem getting on the GRN-BLK Switch wire. I’m not an expert on resisters, but my senses tell me R71 is cooked which coincidentally is the Resistor for the GRN-BLK wire

Or somebody had a bad resistor painting day

3E354B62-F93D-425F-9372-870FDE7A62CE (resized).jpeg3E354B62-F93D-425F-9372-870FDE7A62CE (resized).jpeg4B9F677F-AA26-4C44-8FC9-E5997D00C3CC (resized).png4B9F677F-AA26-4C44-8FC9-E5997D00C3CC (resized).png
#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah I’m waiting for somebody else to be the test of truth. You would think CPR would post a video. It’s too expensive to risk it, so I’m fine waiting. I’ve got other problems to worry about like my next post

I'm delivering Mike's (CPR), TOTAN to him today and he is putting one of his new glasses in it when we get it set up. I'll take some pics and give my thoughts on it for you then.

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I'm delivering Mike's (CPR), TOTAN to him today and he is putting one of his new glasses in it when we get it set up. I'll take some pics and give my thoughts on it for you then.

Please take a pic with the translight then the glass. That way we can see it in the same lighting conditions

#1420 4 years ago

Did the inserts sink, slip down and you can feel the wood? Thats what it looks like.
If so, it may have been stored flat for 4 years, dont store playfields flat.

You can feel a lip, so likely to wear when in use. I can ask the seller how it was stored, but how should they be stored. Why not flat as that's how they will be when installed in a machine?

#1421 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

You can feel a lip, so likely to wear when in use. I can ask the seller how it was stored, but how should they be stored. Why not flat as that's how they will be when installed in a machine?

Its the curing we are hearing about on so many new tables. When a CPR or Mirco playfield is delivered you should give it about 3-6 months rest before a swap. Storing in climate control is best, closet in house standing strait up.
Just good to not mess with gravity on inserts.
This time will also give clear coats plenty of time to harden and cure.

#1422 4 years ago

Its the curing we are hearing about on so many new tables. When a CPR or Mirco playfield is delivered you should give it about 3-6 months rest before a swap. Storing in climate control is best, closet in house standing strait up.
Just good to not mess with gravity on inserts.
This time will also give clear coats plenty of time to harden and cure.

I thought CPR cured them before delivering? Seems risky to let a customer figure out that responsibility

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

I thought CPR cured them before delivering?

from the cpr web site: https://classicplayfields.com/playfields/
1. CURE DATE
OPEN UPON ARRIVAL. DO NOT LEAVE BOXED UP. LET PLAYFIELD SIT IN OPEN AIR.
Due to the swift post-production distribution of playfields to waiting customers, it is almost certain that the polyeurethane clearcoat on
your new playfield when arrived in your possession is only 2 to 3 weeks old. Therefore, the cure date for your playfield is recommended
to be 30 days after receipt. Mark your calendar, and don’t skimp on the 30 days. 45 days is even better.
In the meantime, you CAN perform your swap before the cure date if you want. This can be a time consuming and meticulous
process, even for the experienced. So if you want to get a head start, go ahead. Completely swap, just don’t play on it.

Quoted from Andypc:

I purchased a Totan yesterday than came with a CPR Gold Playfield from the 2015 run

this playfield is now 4+ years old. buyer never mentioned inspecting the playfield prior to buying if from another person who bought it from who? how was the playfield stored for 4+ years, was it climate controlled? was it stored vertical or flat?

#1424 4 years ago

It was purchased from Planetary Pinball in April 2016 and I have the order confirmation and pictures from when it was originally shipped. I had no reason to suspect this would have happened while in storage. England is a mild climate, with no big seasonal variations, so no reason for this to have happened.
Both myself and the seller are in contact with PPS and CPR, so hopefully this can be resolved.

#1425 4 years ago

Don't stock upon parts!

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Both myself and the seller are in contact with PPS and CPR, so hopefully this can be resolved.

you should get your money back from the the guy you bought it from for not disclosing the issues prior to you buying it. if he did disclose the issues and you bought it anyway then you made a bad decision and need to live with it.

nobody in this hobby is going to warranty a product for 4+ years. there was another thread about this same type of thing where someone bought lamp sockets from marco and 3 years later there were issues and he wanted it warranted ( LMFO ) nobody is going to do that.

maybe next time you inspect the item prior to purchase?

#1427 4 years ago

This is a $900 unused playfield, not a lamp socket! The seller did not realise this had happened as it had been stored away. Both the seller and I are in contact with PPS and CPR. I am sorry but inserts ghosting like that after that amount of time on an unused playfield is not right and the manufacturer should do something about it. With the current playfield issues affecting JJP and Stern I think we should be demanding longer warranties on playfields as they are so fundamental to the machine. Car Manufacturers have been offering 5 year warranties on paintwork for years. Replacing a playfield is a big job and not one you would undertake if you have the risk of it developing defects that quickly!

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from Andypc:

Car Manufacturers have been offering 5 year warranties on paintwork for years.

and if you have a 'paint' problem on a car you bought from some guy off the street do you think the car dealership is responsible for repainting the car?
even if that car has a warranty you take it back to the "dealership" for the warranty, you don't put it on an airplane and fly it to Dearborn Michigan and demand the executives at FORD Motor Company fix it for you.

you should either get a refund from the guy that sold it to you....or.....try contacting pps, although i doubt they will do anything about it since you are not the original purchaser and it was purchased 4 years ago

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from Cherries_Jubilee:

nobody in this hobby is going to warranty a product for 4+ years.

.....and they shouldn't.
4 years is a long time.
I'm not going to debate anybody here, but we were just offering advice.
In no way do I expect either CPR or PPS to be responsible here.
Im sorry your playfield has issues. Try and reach an agreement with the seller. Rick and Kevin have no way of knowing how this playfield has been handled for 4 years, sadly....poorly.

#1430 4 years ago

Cherries_Jubilee, looking at your posts in this and other threads it is very clear that you are in some way affiliated with CPR.
The playfield is unused and clearly defective. The original owner with original documentation is contact with both PPS and CPR. We clearly disagree, as I believe they should do something in this instance. Also to be clear I said it was from the 2015 run, but didn't state when it was purchased, which was later.

#1431 4 years ago

Hey, can somebody take a picture (or link me) the WPC 95 CPU DIPSW1 Setting? I’m not sure if mine are correct an I’ve got no reference.

35D5CC84-3EB5-4922-ABAB-43B021DE0440 (resized).jpeg35D5CC84-3EB5-4922-ABAB-43B021DE0440 (resized).jpeg
#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Hey, can somebody take a picture (or link me) the WPC 95 CPU DIPSW1 Setting? I’m not sure if mine are correct an I’ve got no reference.[quoted image]

That is correct for USA. dip 1 & 2 off, all others on. I also went and pulled the manual and double checked.

#1433 4 years ago

That is correct for USA. dip 1 & 2 off, all others on. I also went and pulled the manual and double checked.

Awesome, thanks! I looked up & down the Manual, what page was it on?

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Awesome, thanks! I looked up & down the Manual, what page was it on?

Lol...inside front cover.
I'm not making fun, been there.

#1435 4 years ago

Wow, I’ll take a big “L” on that one. I’ve been working too long on this, time for a beer

#1436 4 years ago

The manual says there is 2 of these purple posts. Do you guys know where the other one goes?

9A7AF629-224F-48E0-884B-45200FDE28F6 (resized).jpeg9A7AF629-224F-48E0-884B-45200FDE28F6 (resized).jpeg
#1437 4 years ago

I have one right at the end of the ball trough before the shooter.

Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The manual says there is 2 of these purple posts. Do you guys know where the other one goes?[quoted image]

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

The manual says there is 2 of these purple posts. Do you guys know where the other one goes?[quoted image]

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1439 4 years ago

Lol! Woops! Thats the one you showed.

#1440 4 years ago

Yeah there doesn’t seem to be a place in the Manual that calls out the post locations. Also the very back of the playfield has 3x post and a rubber and the manual doesn’t even mention that at all.

The kits has 2 of the double ring purple and this clear one. No idea where the go

Anybody have a full rubber & post location playfield mapping?

C5A45D1A-B2AD-44A6-AC05-EBA4F3F2DFF4 (resized).jpegC5A45D1A-B2AD-44A6-AC05-EBA4F3F2DFF4 (resized).jpeg
#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I have one right at the end of the ball trough before the shooter.

Mine is set up with double rings by the pop bumpers, against the ball lock rail.

#1442 4 years ago

#1443 4 years ago

Hi everyone, I picked up a TOTAN a few days ago, and have been going thru it, fixing things, and playing it a bit. I noticed last night that when all 3 Lock lights were lit, I could send the ball up the left loop repeatedly and not lock a ball, however, I could lock a ball below the tiger magnet. I went thru the entire switch matrix on edge test, and every single switch works. What am I missing here? I am assuming that since there is a lock light flashing at the left loop , that I should be able to lock a ball, is this not the case? I have game ROM 1.4 Thanks for all help and advice!

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Hi everyone, I picked up a TOTAN a few days ago, and have been going thru it, fixing things, and playing it a bit. I noticed last night that when all 3 Lock lights were lit, I could send the ball up the left loop repeatedly and not lock a ball, however, I could lock a ball below the tiger magnet. I went thru the entire switch matrix on edge test, and every single switch works. What am I missing here? I am assuming that since there is a lock light flashing at the left loop , that I should be able to lock a ball, is this not the case? I have game ROM 1.4 Thanks for all help and advice!

Just wondering. Does the diverter open to send the ball into the Tiger loop?

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

This ball lock can be temperamental. Make sure that when the balls are entering the lock lane from the top, and coming to a rest (specifically locks 2 & 3, lock 1 is a saucer and isn't usually out of adjustment) that when stacked up, they all depress and actuate the microswitches under them. It's usually locks 2 and 3 that need adjustment. switch 3 isn't really a lock, it's just a stack that will tell the game to dump lock 1 and then the top 2 move down.

I had a problem with 2 & 3 for a while, finally dialed it in. Check them with the playfield in the down 6.5 degree position

3 positions (resized).JPG3 positions (resized).JPG
#1446 4 years ago

did you check the left inside orbit switch? this switch tells the magnet to turn on and grab the ball. Does the Magnet turn on? if the switch works in edge test, MAYBE the ball is not depressing it fully when in flight around the orbit. If this is the case, adjust the height of the microswitch under the PF and test the orbit with a ball in edge test with the PF DOWN in the 6.5 deg. position
left loop lock (resized).JPGleft loop lock (resized).JPG

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Just wondering. Does the diverter open to send the ball into the Tiger loop?

great point- if the ball is ending up in the pop bumpers when you're shooting the left orbit when lock is lit, then this is the case

ALSO: I believe that the mode Sinbad and the Rocs does not let you lock with the left orbit when the mode is active. If it's not that mode, then it's another.

#1448 4 years ago

Big thanks to those that responded, as it turns out, I did not realize that there was a diverter near the entrance of the left loop. I heard a coil firing in solenoid test, so I thought everything was working. Anyway, when I flipped the playfield up and realized that there was a diverter mech there, upon close inspection, I quickly seen the spring connecting the plunger and diverter arm was broken, good thing I ordered some extras a while back after fixing that same broken spring on my TZ. Thanks to shock_me and Seatmandan!

#1449 4 years ago

Nice helpful contribution Seatmandan

#1450 4 years ago

Glad you fixed it! nothing better than a fully functioning TOTAN!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 84.99
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 119.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 9.95
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/29?hl=andypc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.