Topic Stats

• 1,324 posts
  • 194 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by jecase
  • Topic is favorited by 93 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 677 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0608191802 (resized).jpg
0528190935 (resized).jpg
0528190934 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
69173C92-D403-47AD-BFEC-9B9C3872E9BD (resized).jpeg
5DFE105C-560A-49BC-90B5-08FA2CC362EE (resized).jpeg
A66C4BD6-8376-4EAA-80F0-AFF5B77A164E (resized).jpeg
0A4ACA70-CCFE-41EC-837E-3714583571A2 (resized).jpeg
_MG_7433 (resized).jpg
_MG_7408 (resized).jpg
_MG_7423 (resized).jpg
3cac0a0df5608b8773ea126b1cf9ba3b74d7abcf (resized).jpg
676e1fe4f0a79e9f511636de020719fdbf05f7b5 (resized).jpg
7BA9F999-6A7C-40FF-BFCA-E1135E2C1904 (resized).jpeg
2B3E42B7-360B-43E0-A376-A187CC7493E0 (resized).jpeg

There are 1324 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.
#1301 8 days ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Oh I found a vendor who would sell me one at 37% of the cost of a whole set!

Which vendor?

#1302 8 days ago

Mr. Pinball

#1303 8 days ago

Ah nice, didn't know of them. Thanks!

#1304 7 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Welcome, I just picked up one too. Love the mods available for this game. I also saw someone post a black powder coated game with gold fleck in it, looked mean. Brass is expensive and takes a pro to do it right but also looks slick. That gem lamp is trick. The snake is out of stock but maybe if you PM biglaw https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/biglaw he might be able to help you out. I'm definitely doing the snake and light up genie. Also went for the sword topper, hopefully, from a user here. ColorDMD seems like a great upgrade on this game. Make sure you put some tubing on the skill shot (search this) to protect the ball.

Hi,

I'm wondering if you can post some pictures of the skill shot mod to protect the ball. Thanks.

Gustavo

#1305 7 days ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Hi,
I'm wondering if you can post some pictures of the skill shot mod to protect the ball. Thanks.
Gustavo

I can do better: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club#post-2075646

#1308 2 days ago

Question on resets. I've had 5v resets on my TOM and TAF which required some board repair (BRs and caps) with commonly known issues. It seems like something similar is happening on my TOTAN now. My wife repeatedly had this happen. It seemed like when the ramp magnet energized it would cause the game to reset. The DMD got a bunch of lines on it and the game rebooted, is how she reported it. I know the board layout in the backbox is different than those other WPC games, am I looking for other possible causes? Or should I start with 5v power, testing BRs, look at caps, etc.?

#1309 2 days ago

Question on resets. I've had 5v resets on my TOM and TAF which required some board repair (BRs and caps) with commonly known issues. It seems like something similar is happening on my TOTAN now. My wife repeatedly had this happen. It seemed like when the ramp magnet energized it would cause the game to reset. The DMD got a bunch of lines on it and the game rebooted, is how she reported it. I know the board layout in the backbox is different than those other WPC games, am I looking for other possible causes? Or should I start with 5v power, testing BRs, look at caps, etc.?

There may be a short at the Slam Tilt switch (switch 21). I would check the switches to see if any connections look suspect or if you have a spare powerboard or swap out one from another game to see if the resets continue.

#1310 1 day ago

I am getting resets about 1/2 the time during multi-ball and every time I reach the multi-ball portion of the wizard mode. I have reset all the ribbon cables but that did not help. So, I could use suggestions as well. Thanks--

#1311 1 day ago
Quoted from jecase:

I am getting resets about 1/2 the time during multi-ball and every time I reach the multi-ball portion of the wizard mode. I have reset all the ribbon cables but that did not help. So, I could use suggestions as well. Thanks--

Is your power driver board original?
I have found the 12v draw on PDB during multiball with many things happening causes this.

#1312 1 day ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Is your power driver board original?
I have found the 12v draw on PDB during multiball with many things happening causes this.

If it is then what? Aftermarket?

#1313 1 day ago

If it is then what? Aftermarket?

Original PDB board. Almost 24 years old.
Lord knows how many hours a game has been powered up at this point.
All these games are reaching the point of fail due to age. Remember, they were designed for ten years of service.

#1314 1 day ago

What's the fix? Replace it, aftermarket? Or repair?

#1315 1 day ago

What's the fix? Replace it, aftermarket? Or repair?

Send it out to be rebuilt. New rottendog( thats what i have). Karr daughter board can be a good patch.

#1316 1 day ago

I had mine repaired locally but still had resets. Replaced with Rottendog and game has no issues. Get the old one repaired and have a backup.

#1318 1 day ago

http://www.docentelectronics.com/httpdocs/AmusementGames/Pinball/Williams/WilliamsPinball.htm

These guys have a nice rebuild kit for resets. You have to be careful pulling the bridges you can tear the traces, i did and was trying to be careful but it's an easy fix with a jumper. Some people actually install a jumper as a precaution also.

#1319 23 hours ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

http://www.docentelectronics.com/httpdocs/AmusementGames/Pinball/Williams/WilliamsPinball.htm
These guys have a nice rebuild kit for resets. You have to be careful pulling the bridges you can tear the traces, i did and was trying to be careful but it's an easy fix with a jumper. Some people actually install a jumper as a precaution also.

Thanks. I did the "rebuild" on my TOM and TAF ... and pulled a trace or two. Luckily I had an expert with a desoldering gun and tiny wire to run the jumper wires. I don't have a desoldering gun, so yeah that's going to be fun! lol. Sounds like pretty much the same issue as those other games.

#1320 17 hours ago

I just ordered the Rottendog board. Who are the main recommended people to repair and upgrade my original board as a backup? Thanks for the input.

#1321 16 hours ago
Quoted from jecase:

I just ordered the Rottendog board. Who are the main recommended people to repair and upgrade my original board as a backup? Thanks for the input.

Which board specifically did you get? I'm no good with game series/models.

#1322 11 hours ago
Quoted from jecase:

You may be able to find someone near you, but I use and have had good luck with ksarcade.com for both purchasing new boards and one repair. The Coin-OP Cauldron and Chris Hibler are others.

#1323 11 hours ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Thanks for the link! They seem to have reasonable prices too. I would like to try a board repair someday, but it’s getting tougher with these old man eyes I have lol.

#1324 5 hours ago

The board I purchased is the Rottendog Williams WPC-95 Power driver board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 89.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 399.95
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1324 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 27.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside