B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 54.
#1151 5 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1152 5 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1153 5 years ago

Thanks HIPPY. Your underside looks a little different. Even the sockets for the magic lamp flashers are in different spots. It does look like the one on the left has those white/orange & orange wires. (And the bottom right one does have red/white & blue wires like mine, but they're reversed.)

So where is the power source coming from for the lamp flasher on the left? And where is the power source coming from for the ball lock flasher? Should those both be on the same circuit?

I'm thinking I need to resolder and match it up so it works right.

#1154 5 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Bump. Hoping someone can check their TOTAN and see how their lights in my photos above are wired. Shouldn't all the magic lamp flashers run off the same wires?

Hope this helps! It's three lights in total: two lights and one flasher.

MVIMG_20180603_122102.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122102.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122441.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122441.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122520.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122520.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122539.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122539.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122608.jpgMVIMG_20180603_122608.jpg

#1155 5 years ago

Thanks everyone. From everyone's photos and replies I'm realizing that the two magic lamp flashers on the left do, in fact, run off a completely different circuit than the one on the right. So the white/orange & orange wires for the left ones and the red/white & blue wires for the right one are standard.

I was convinced this was some weird closed loop that ended with a flasher next to the ball lock - but I checked the voltage on these wires with a multimeter and realized that these lines were getting a constant output of .1 volts.

This made me triple check everything and notice the wires did branch off and continue to run down the underside of the playfield. They run to another dead flasher right behind the first one I circled at the ball lock (you can even see it slightly below the one I marked in the second photo in my original post) then another flasher close to the harem sneak-in (but I can't tell where it's located on the "fun side" of the playfield) then it seems to end near the bottom right corner of the playfield's underside (where the jet bumpers are).

I took a photo of where it ends in the middle of the jet bumper coils. I've got orange wires marked "-" and further to the left there's those white/orange wires that I marked "+".

The power source must be coming from these spots but I'm thinking the voltage on these is too low compared to the red/white & blue wires. And this low voltage is constant rather than "flashing." Does anyone disagree or have a suggestion on where I go next to figure this out?

lights (resized).jpglights (resized).jpg

#1156 5 years ago
Quoted from rennervision:

Thanks everyone. From everyone's photos and replies I'm realizing that the two magic lamp flashers on the left do, in fact, run off a completely different circuit than the one on the right. So the white/orange & orange wires for the left ones and the red/white & blue wires for the right one are standard.
I was convinced this was some weird closed loop that ended with a flasher next to the ball lock - but I checked the voltage on these wires with a multimeter and realized that these lines were getting a constant output of .1 volts.
This made me triple check everything and notice the wires did branch off and continue to run down the underside of the playfield. They run to another dead flasher right behind the first one I circled at the ball lock (you can even see it slightly below the one I marked in the second photo in my original post) then another flasher close to the harem sneak-in (but I can't tell where it's located on the "fun side" of the playfield) then it seems to end near the bottom right corner of the playfield's underside (where the jet bumpers are).
I took a photo of where it ends in the middle of the jet bumper coils. I've got orange wires marked "-" and further to the left there's those white/orange wires that I marked "+".
The power source must be coming from these spots but I'm thinking the voltage on these is too low compared to the red/white & blue wires. And this low voltage is constant rather than "flashing." Does anyone disagree or have a suggestion on where I go next to figure this out?

It could be a transistor out on your power board. Check your manual to see if a specific transistor controls the line that is out. Easy to check with your multimeter. I think you had a socket problem, that is all it would take. Easy to fix.

#1157 5 years ago

It's had been years...but now that I have had this game in collection as of relatively recently I have been trying and trying and FINALLY I beat that Genies butt!! Take THAT you big blue bully!! Ha!

#1158 5 years ago

Hi all,

I'm considering picking up the interactive sword topper mod for my TOTAN to finish off my machine. I just wondered if a specific rom/software version or anything special is required to run this mod or if it will plug in and work on any version of the machine. Can anyone with this mod confirm?

With thanks

#1159 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard91:

Hi all,
I'm considering picking up the interactive sword topper mod for my TOTAN to finish off my machine. I just wondered if a specific rom/software version or anything special is required to run this mod or if it will plug in and work on any version of the machine. Can anyone with this mod confirm?
With thanks

Confirmed, its plug and play, no new code needed. Runs with all versions of code.
It emulates the mode circles in between the flippers.

#1160 5 years ago

Thanks Ericpinballfan, great to know.

#1161 5 years ago
Quoted from wizard91:

Hi all,
With thanks

If you want a choice on toppers, Planetary Pinball has the laserrific Totan topper,about the same price. I went with the Laserrific, it also has the same interactive lights, plup & play.

#1162 5 years ago

Hi Hippy,

Thanks for the information, that does look very good.

My main issue is I'm based in the UK and we tend to get hit by very high customs and handling charges and for something this expensive it can often work out as half as much again on top just for customs plus the extra for shipping. As a result I'm probably looking to Europe to pick one up, most likely Ministry of pinball who only have the sword version.

At least for now there are no customs issues from mainland Europe. If I was in the USA I would be tempted by that PP one though.

1 week later
#1163 5 years ago

Finally glad to announce to many of you who have been waiting for these: TOTAN Playfields are back for sale at CPR !

These pretty babies are in clearcoat now, and it's time to start planning homes for these.

They are up for grabs in our Store: http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html

Three years ago, 2015 marked the year CPR did it's biggest run in it's history - and TOTAN was the playfield. Of course, that record was well beat later by TAF in late 2017. Nonetheless, in the heat of TOTAN silkscreening, we missed one whole side of a double sided rack during a couple of the color shifts - meaning three colors later, we discovered (2) layers would be missing on those boards - rendering them culled immediately. The plan was to return to those boards during a lull in the future, and bring them up through fresh silkscreening from scratch, someday.

Well the last year these have been out of storage, and moving through baby steps around the shop to make their way toward their destiny - whenever we could give them the attention they deserved. The "lull" as hoped, never really happened. So it was a waiting game until an opening of opportunity finally saw this beauty of an art package built to completion on these. Done. So into the hands of our clearcoater they went - last week.

This batch is limited, of course. It will be first come, first served, until they are all spoken for. They turned out fantastic - with preliminary inspections yielding only a couple silvers - this batch turned out an easy all-gold-grade status. There's going to be some happy campers.

KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

totan.jpgtotan.jpg

#1164 5 years ago
Quoted from KevinCPR:

Finally glad to announce to many of you who have been waiting for these: TOTAN Playfields are back for sale at CPR !
These pretty babies are in clearcoat now, and it's time to start planning homes for these.
They are up for grabs in our Store: http://www.classicplayfields.com/store-playfields.html
Three years ago, 2015 marked the year CPR did it's biggest run in it's history - and TOTAN was the playfield. Of course, that record was well beat later by TAF in late 2017. Nonetheless, in the heat of TOTAN silkscreening, we missed one whole side of a double sided rack during a couple of the color shifts - meaning three colors later, we discovered (2) layers would be missing on those boards - rendering them culled immediately. The plan was to return to those boards during a lull in the future, and bring them up through fresh silkscreening from scratch, someday.
Well the last year these have been out of storage, and moving through baby steps around the shop to make their way toward their destiny - whenever we could give them the attention they deserved. The "lull" as hoped, never really happened. So it was a waiting game until an opening of opportunity finally saw this beauty of an art package built to completion on these. Done. So into the hands of our clearcoater they went - last week.
This batch is limited, of course. It will be first come, first served, until they are all spoken for. They turned out fantastic - with preliminary inspections yielding only a couple silvers - this batch turned out an easy all-gold-grade status. There's going to be some happy campers.
KEVIN
Classic Playfield Reproductions
http://www.classicplayfields.com

The TOTAN I have now, which I purchased from a fellow pinsider a while back, is a restored game using one of your earlier CPR pf's. They are beautiful. Very nice work!

#1165 5 years ago

Hi All!

I have just finished Tales of the Arabian Nights (TOTAN) playfields. They are available now for purchase.

Due to our process with the use of several Robots we have only one perfect quality level. So everybody will recieve the same playfield.

We use a Robot to apply a custom made clearcoat which is very shiny and smooth. Same clearcoat is used for our JJP and American Pinball playfields.

All playfields are completely drilled and dimpled and will be shipped in a 3 layer special made cardboard box which lasts more than 220 pounds. I use Fedex priority which is insured and usually takes 2-3 business days worldwide.

They are 999$ shipped to the USA.

Additional Pictures can be found on my Facebook page.

Regards,
Mirco

P.S.: Taxi will be available the day after tomorrow followed by Fish Tales and Joust.

All playfields I made are available and are in stock.

20180620_165024 (resized).jpg20180620_165024 (resized).jpg20180620_165030 (resized).jpg20180620_165030 (resized).jpg20180620_165032 (resized).jpg20180620_165032 (resized).jpg20180620_165033 (resized).jpg20180620_165033 (resized).jpg20180620_165158 (resized).jpg20180620_165158 (resized).jpg
#1166 5 years ago

Hello all I have a question to ask about my Totan game,this is my first wpc 95 game and I noticed that when I enter test mode to test solenoids or flash lamps every time I test a solenoid my right flipper fires and stay in the hold position but when I stop testing a solenoid the flipper bat goes down,Is this normal ??
Thank you
Jimakost

#1167 5 years ago
Quoted from JIMAKOST:

Hello all I have a question to ask about my Totan game,this is my first wpc 95 game and I noticed that when I enter test mode to test solenoids or flash lamps every time I test a solenoid my right flipper fires and stay in the hold position but when I stop testing a solenoid the flipper bat goes down,Is this normal ??
Thank you
Jimakost

UMMM---NO!
Right Flipper, in the backbox there's a wire in the wrong spot. If you have manual go check that out, wire for wire on Driver board.

#1168 5 years ago

Wow, a TOTAN "club", nice!!! Two months ago I benignly asked pinsiders what their favorite Papaduik game was and I practically got lynched! I mean I asked about Cirqus Voltaire, Theater of Blood and TOTAN and all I got from at least 50% was how the creator is a scoundrel and on and on and on. I was inquiring about artistry, not business ethics!! When I play any of these three great games (TOTAN and CV are masterpieces to me) I immerse myself into pinball wonderment not into a man's perceived damaging deceits.

A little Richard Wagner anyone?

Luckily the other half were still big fans!

Really, really hoping CHICAGO GAMING will be re-making this in their classic series!

#1169 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

UMMM---NO!
Right Flipper, in the backbox there's a wire in the wrong spot. If you have manual go check that out, wire for wire on Driver board.

Thank you for your reply Can you possibly send a photo from your connector J119 and J120 so I can I identify if my wires are in the wrong position.
Thank you
Jimakost

#1170 5 years ago

Hi Totan owners!

I have a puzzling problem with my Totan, the tiger lock magnet will not activate. Ive had troubles with it overheating, then blowing a fuse and the Q66 transistor on the board. I recently replaced the Q66 transistor, the magnet and the tiger loop switch on the right side near the tiger magnet. I do not have a blown fuse and the magnet is plugged in correctly. What should I check? It does not activate in the test mode, its no longer overheating and its no longer working.

Thanks so much for your advice.

#1171 5 years ago
Quoted from rdbronko73:

Just finished restoring a TOTAN and everything is working perfect except the magnet next to the tiger. As soon as I turn on the game the magnet is energized and starts getting hot. I checked J133 #1 and it has 73v on it. J116 #9 has no voltage. All ribbon cables look to be in the correct location and redline on #1. Is it supposed to be energized the entire time? Is it getting hot because the magnet is bad? Any ideas?

What was your solution to this problem? Im having the same issue, tiger lock magnet heating up, blowing a fuse and the Q66 transistor, I replaced the magnet and transistor, the fuse is good and the magnet does not work at all now. I have the magnet plugged in correctly, any idea what to check next?

#1172 5 years ago
Quoted from SkillshotExhibit:

What was your solution to this problem? Im having the same issue, tiger lock magnet heating up, blowing a fuse and the Q66 transistor, I replaced the magnet and transistor, the fuse is good and the magnet does not work at all now. I have the magnet plugged in correctly, any idea what to check next?

Sounds like you have checked & replaced everything. I replaced my magnet when I changed playfields & all my issues stopped. Marco has a good replacement.

#1173 5 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

Wow, a TOTAN "club", nice!!! Two months ago I benignly asked pinsiders what their favorite Papaduik game was and I practically got lynched! I mean I asked about Cirqus Voltaire, Theater of Blood and TOTAN and all I got from at least 50% was how the creator is a scoundrel and on and on and on. I was inquiring about artistry, not business ethics!! When I play any of these three great games (TOTAN and CV are masterpieces to me) I immerse myself into pinball wonderment not into a man's perceived damaging deceits.
A little Richard Wagner anyone?
Luckily the other half were still big fans!
Really, really hoping CHICAGO GAMING will be re-making this in their classic series!

Please don't consider this post as opening a can of worms.

JPOP's games are still my absolute favorite. TOTAN is an AMAZING game and literally it's the first one that brought in many of my friends.

I'm also a startup guy and started many tech companies. Startups have a 1 in 10 or 1 in 100 chance of success in tech (depending on which study you cite). Manufacturing startups are even less likely to succeed. Combine the two... holy crap, best of luck. I get that investors and pre-order customers (look at Kickstarter) are used to losing money in tech, but not in pinball... Still, it's a lesson I'm sure JPOP and others learned and it's time everyone moved on and simply enjoyed these awesome titles.

I have a TOM and TOTAN and hope to have a CV and WCS one day. Frankly, if I could afford it, I'd even happily have a Magic Girl, its playfield is insanely beautiful.

#1174 5 years ago

Need some help troubleshooting this reset issue. It started out every once in a blue moon and now I can't even start a game. Here is a video of the issue

All boards have been repaired by Clive and has pinsound board. Game restoration by BK in 2016

Any help on where to start would be appreciated!

1 week later
#1175 5 years ago

I just acquired a laserific topper and I'm having a hard time getting it fully operational...can anyone give me some help.
I had a picture the fella I got it from that allowed me to plug it into the board in the back, and I have the colored lights working and interacting and corresponding with the modes...but, the topper glass and genie are dark and there is an LED strip behind the colored lights that don't seem to be getting any play.
There's an extra wire behind the topper that I just don't know where it goes or what do do with. Can anyone help, any pics for reference out there from anyone??

I included a picture of the of the connection allowing the colored mode light to function (done and successful) and a picture of the mystery wire that I believe allows the topper glass-related LED to light/function...but where does it plug into??

Thanks all!!

IMG_20180708_232726.jpgIMG_20180708_232726.jpgIMG_20180708_232814.jpgIMG_20180708_232814.jpgimage000000_03.jpgimage000000_03.jpg
#1176 5 years ago

Ok, got it figured out. There was a missing wire in the topper box, connected it to the board in the back and I'm in action.

image000000_04.jpgimage000000_04.jpg
3 weeks later
#1179 5 years ago

I'm in the club as of tonight! Been wanting this game for years. Looking forward to going through this forum to see what all I need to know about this game.

Capn

2 weeks later
#1180 5 years ago

Could one of you guys do me a favor and post some good pics of the flipper coils and the diodes? I think I screwed up and have the wiring backwards because I’m guessing the diode direction is different on the new coils and I missed it when I replaced them. Popped fuse F118 and I didn’t realize it because the flippers still worked then the main popped.

Thanks in adavance.

#1181 5 years ago

Hello,

I'm having an issue with TOTAN. The ball gets stuck sometimes on the loop shot behind the genie. You mentioned in a post that you had a fix. If you can share your fix, I'd really appreciate it.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I'll get some pics and post soon. I also came up with a fix for that damn ball getting stuck behind Genie on soft shots too. It's been working for a few weeks, damn hope I didnt jinx it.

Thanks,

Ed K. fourflippers on Pinside

2 weeks later
#1182 5 years ago

So what are TOTANS going for these days? Seems like one of the best games ever made

#1183 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

So what are TOTANS going for these days? Seems like one of the best games ever made

I paid US$6,200 maybe I'm nuts ? But I do love it.

#1184 5 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

I paid US$6,200 maybe I'm nuts ? But I do love it.

That’s seems to be a great price. If one ends up in Cali for that much I’m grabbin it

#1185 5 years ago

I paid 5K for mine, routed, destroyed play field. Quite a project, but, worth it. Never leaving.

#1186 5 years ago

7K for mine. Game had all new plastics and ramps with LED's. Only PF wear is around the left cyclops outhole (need a cliffy and all will be good). Cabinet is great with a little fade on the red portions of the cab art.

#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I paid 5K for mine, routed, destroyed play field. Quite a project, but, worth it. Never leaving.

Yeah this machine looks like it would be worth being a project as you’d learn quite a bit. I’m doing the Data East Star Wars and there is a lot that goes into that Pin. I can only image what this one has in store, seems like the largest pinball build I’ve seen

#1188 5 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

Yeah this machine looks like it would be worth being a project as you’d learn quite a bit. I’m doing the Data East Star Wars and there is a lot that goes into that Pin. I can only image what this one has in store, seems like the largest pinball build I’ve seen

It was my first swap, massive job. I do like Your DE Star Wars. Plastics are at CPR. Why are they so high? As soon as they have a Tommy play field, that will be next, also a DE.

#1189 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

7K for mine. Game had all new plastics and ramps with LED's. Only PF wear is around the left cyclops outhole (need a cliffy and all will be good). Cabinet is great with a little fade on the red portions of the cab art.

Mine also had fade on the red decals. Try red paint pens, got them at Hobby Lobby. Helped a lot.

1 week later
#1190 5 years ago

Anyone who have added the convolux mod?
Pinside thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convoluxcom
Store options: http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206676
It looks REALLY nice on other machines I have seen and want to add to my TOTAN...
Any experience and color advice?
Purple is not available - otherwise that would have been a given

#1191 5 years ago
Quoted from KenEberhardt:

Anyone who have added the convolux mod?
Pinside thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/convoluxcom
Store options: http://www.shop.freddys-pinball-paradise.de/index.php?f=3&q=convolux%206676
It looks REALLY nice on other machines I have seen and want to add to my TOTAN...
Any experience and color advice?
Purple is not available - otherwise that would have been a given

I have clear ones on mine and the edge of the protector reflects whatever led you have installed. I have a blue led for the cop and green led for the martian

3 weeks later
#1192 5 years ago

Has anyone gotten their hands on a Mirco TOTAN pf? I'm just finishing a swap on my TAF and I was thinking I might get a TOTAN pf since I'm in the shop mood. Is the quality as good as the Addams Family?

1 week later
#1193 5 years ago

I got some quality time on this game at The Pinball Museum. Without a doubt, the best Pin in the building. There was a non-stop line to play it. I’ll give Williams Indiana Jones second but this one is a gem for sure. Will be part of this club by next year

3 weeks later
#1194 5 years ago

Giving my TOTAN some love.
I was thinking getting all legs and bolts and bars gold plated and maybe getting a gold coin door.
I am wondering if any of you have done anything different that may look even better?
Thank you!

#1195 5 years ago

Courious if anyone knows who picked up a TOTAN at the Cleveland pinball show?

1 week later
#1196 5 years ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

20181123_095309_resized (resized).jpg20181123_095309_resized (resized).jpg
20181123_095253_resized (resized).jpg20181123_095253_resized (resized).jpg
20181123_101927_resized (resized).jpg20181123_101927_resized (resized).jpg
20181123_144718_resized (resized).jpg20181123_144718_resized (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1197 5 years ago

I'm in!

Totan (resized).jpgTotan (resized).jpg
#1198 5 years ago

Ok I am having problems with my TOTAN, when all the golden symbols are hit the magic carpet at the bottom of the ramp is lit and the princess calls out shoot ramp to collect.
As the ball goes up the ramp the diverter should open and let the ball go into the fore ball magnet to collect the Jewel.
This has stopped happening, the diverter has stopped opening so a Jewel can't be collected that way. Iv checked switch 15 and the solinoid which works the divertor and both work fine.
Please can sme one help

Thankyou Simon

#1199 5 years ago
Quoted from Wanderers:

Ok I am having problems with my TOTAN, when all the golden symbols are hit the magic carpet at the bottom of the ramp is lit and the princess calls out shoot ramp to collect.
As the ball goes up the ramp the diverter should open and let the ball go into the fore ball magnet to collect the Jewel.
This has stopped happening, the diverter has stopped opening so a Jewel can't be collected that way. Iv checked switch 15 and the solinoid which works the divertor and both work fine.
Please can sme one help
Thankyou Simon

Did you check your ramp enter switch? That’s the one which activate the diverter.

#1200 5 years ago

Yes I have checked that, it opens and closes correctly. Any uther suggestions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 84.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/24?hl=bertodrink1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.