B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 54.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Following my airballs are brutal too.you need my ramp guide replacement for that junk plastic. Powder coated steel

Thank you for making this available! This is a great product.

#1002 6 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

mirror blades or pinblades?? Im torn maybe you guys can help me out

I love my mirror blades for the extra light they reflect back onto the playfiled, but be aware that the effect is different from other games - the high ramp on the left and the skill shot the right of TOTAN tend to block that "doubling"effect you get on most other games.

#1003 6 years ago

I restored mine last year, first one I am not doing mirror blades. Probably going pinblades. Be sure and check your clearance for mirror blades, mine is tight. CPR playfield, maybe? Don' t know. I do love the game.

#1004 6 years ago

Want your totan to look like a million bucks. Here's gold powdercoat that looks like plating. Send it to me I'll make it look amazing at a price that can't be beat.follow my thread

15049074415971219844141 (resized).jpg15049074415971219844141 (resized).jpg

20170908_162536 (resized).jpg20170908_162536 (resized).jpg

20170908_140431 (resized).jpg20170908_140431 (resized).jpg

20170908_140439 (resized).jpg20170908_140439 (resized).jpg

#1005 6 years ago

mirror blades fit fine with plenty room to spare

20170908_213935_001 (resized).jpg20170908_213935_001 (resized).jpg

20170908_213952 (resized).jpg20170908_213952 (resized).jpg

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

mirror blades fit fine with plenty room to spare

Those look sharp. Really cool in the dark

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Current color line up. Cutting more soon. Got some blues left

Love my purple metal deflector!

20170825_111352 (resized).jpg20170825_111352 (resized).jpg

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Love my purple metal deflector!

i like mine too. i couldn't believe the purple matched my skill shot bracket. good job robertstone0407

#1009 6 years ago

This gold I'm in love with,looks like gold plating

1 week later
#1010 6 years ago

I painted this for a customer recently. The original has faded blue skin. I used a metallic blue paint with some shadowing in the muscles and New black paint for the hair and silver highlights to accent it. It looks really nice in the game. I also do some cool stuff to the Alladins lamp with paint and added jewels. This and other cool mods can be seen at www.modfatherpinball.com

20170218_194948_1024x1024 (resized).jpg20170218_194948_1024x1024 (resized).jpgtotan_genie_1024x1024 (resized).pngtotan_genie_1024x1024 (resized).png

#1012 6 years ago

Nice

I'd be interested to see your totan lamp

#1013 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I painted this for a customer recently. The original has faded blue skin. I used a metallic blue paint with some shadowing in the muscles and New black paint for the hair and silver highlights to accent it. It looks really nice in the game. I also do some cool stuff to the Alladins lamp with paint and added jewels. This and other cool mods can be seen at http://www.modfatherpinball.com

How you supposed to keep paint from chipping off after ball hits it ?

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from pfinny:

How you supposed to keep paint from chipping off after ball hits it ?

Were supposed to play these works of Art?

#1015 6 years ago

Were supposed to play these works of Art?

I just wave my hands near the game and say "pew pew." You can't play it. Don't even think about touching it, I can tell.

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I painted this for a customer recently. The original has faded blue skin. I used a metallic blue paint with some shadowing in the muscles and New black paint for the hair and silver highlights to accent it. It looks really nice in the game. I also do some cool stuff to the Alladins lamp with paint and added jewels. This and other cool mods can be seen at http://www.modfatherpinball.com

I have this mod in my game. Looks great and about 50 plays checked it and I see no signs of wear.great job

#1017 6 years ago

Seeing this mod almost wants me to take the 4sale sign off my Totan!

#1018 6 years ago

Good morning.

Can one of you guys send me a picture of how the posts set on the circular ramps and the skill shot.

I'm thinking I got them in wrong when I reassembled from our pictures.

The ball loop looks to be a little low and the ball should drop out if it doesn't have enough speed.

#1019 6 years ago

I wanted to show off a custom paint job I do for the Alladins Lamp on Totan. I clean the existing lamp with alcohol, spray a new metallic gold base coat. Various colors are then hand painted to highlight the details on the factory lamp. Plastic gems of different colors are glued around the edge. A great enhancment to an already beautiful machine. I also have an alternate lamp with some cool details I could show you , if you are looking for something different. This game has been around for awhile, make it look as nice as you can. www.modfatherpinball.com

lamp4_grande (resized).jpglamp4_grande (resized).jpgalladin (resized).jpgalladin (resized).jpglamp_grande (resized).jpglamp_grande (resized).jpg

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I wanted to show off a custom paint job I do for the Alladins Lamp on Totan. I clean the existing lamp with alcohol, spray a new metallic gold base coat. Various colors are then hand painted to highlight the details on the factory lamp. Plastic gems of different colors are glued around the edge. A great enhancment to an already beautiful machine. I also have an alternate lamp with some cool details I could show you , if you are looking for something different. This game has been around for awhile, make it look as nice as you can. http://www.modfatherpinball.com

Ugh... just

#1021 6 years ago

I would be in favor of a lamp that ...lit up on the jewels

#1022 6 years ago

Thanks to Robertstone0407 in Ohio for sending me this.

IMG_3879 (resized).JPGIMG_3879 (resized).JPG

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Thanks to robertstone0407 in Ohio for sending me this.

Glad you like it. Everyone seems happy. I can cut more if people want

#1024 6 years ago

Can someone explain why the reproduction genie is significantly larger than the one I already had? Here are some photos:

IMG_3470 (resized).JPGIMG_3470 (resized).JPG
IMG_5635 (resized).JPGIMG_5635 (resized).JPG
IMG_8985 (resized).JPGIMG_8985 (resized).JPG

Does anyone know which is the original size? Does it effect gameplay? (Also, why does my old one have a red fireball?)

modfather Any thoughts on this?

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Can someone explain why the reproduction genie is significantly larger than the one I already had?

Also, I noticed they both sport the same signature behind the left arm, yet the old one has a "7" on the back and the new one has an "8."

#1026 6 years ago

Running a totan special,everything in the game except the skillshot. This includes, sword, shooting stars ball drops and ramp plus assembly 120.00 brass or gold plate powdercoat. Pictured is gold plate. Looks amazing in game lit up. Hit me up, plenty of happy customers guaranteed service short turn around

20170924_092109 (resized).jpg20170924_092109 (resized).jpg

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Also, I noticed they both sport the same signature behind the left arm, yet the old one has a "7" on the back and the new one has an "8."

Another interesting point: The newer genie has plastic behind the eyes, so it won't show the flasher behind it. I had to cut the back of the eyes off with an xacto knife. (The flasher behind the eyes is standard, right? )

1 week later
#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I had to cut the back of the eyes off with an xacto knife.

Yeah, I did too. Because this part is molded with a roto-cast/slush mold technology, it's impossible to prevent heavy build-up of material in certain areas, in this case, the eye pockets. I'm sure all the genies on the production games back in 1996 had the same problem, however B/W probably had a hot knife or dremmel-like tool on the assembly line molding area to finish the part after it was de-molded. No big deal, right? kind of a pain though!

#1029 6 years ago

Here are the genies side by side, with modfather enhanced paint jobs and eye sockets opened up for glowing! Great work, @modfather!

IMG_2333 (resized).JPGIMG_2333 (resized).JPG

For what it's worth, I've confirmed that it was not the designer's intent to have the eyes glow. Which makes me wonder...what was the purpose of the top ramp flasher if not the eyes of the genie?

#1030 6 years ago

I have wondered, that, too. How about the 906 inside the genie? I had to cut out the eyes, too.

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I've ordered them in Purple, Clear, and original Amber (orangish red) ... will be available in a couple of months, stay tuned.
rick

Hi Rick,
Any updates about the availability of the spinning disks?

#1032 6 years ago

Gold powfer coat totan sword. Looks amazing in game very reflective 65.00 shipped to you

20171016_125001 (resized).jpg20171016_125001 (resized).jpg
20171016_125008 (resized).jpg20171016_125008 (resized).jpg

#1033 6 years ago

Guess ill try 50.00 for the sword

#1034 6 years ago

Every time I see an update for the TOTAN thread, I get excited- Until I click on the link and read that it's only soliciting. Shoot, you could even call it "spamming". This crap needs to be banished to the marketplace ONLY.

#1035 6 years ago

Lenticular 3d translite?

Hi guys

Does anyone know if there is going to be a 3d translite made for TOTAN.

I have one for Whitewater and it is fantastic.

Regards
WW

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Every time I see an update for the TOTAN thread, I get excited- Until I click on the link and read that it's only soliciting. Shoot, you could even call it "spamming". This crap needs to be banished to the marketplace ONLY.

Agree... Though that gold work looks very cool, the constant advertising is pretty annoying.

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Lenticular 3d translite?
Hi guys
Does anyone know if there is going to be a 3d translite made for TOTAN.
I have one for Whitewater and it is fantastic.
Regards
WW

3d translite coming...probably not till Jan or so. Same guys making them as WW. Funhouse first, then Totan.

#1038 6 years ago

Pinball Dreams Germany.
"ALL titles arrived and are back in stock. They will be shipped to the US early next week. So PPS should stock all titles available: Fish Tales, Wh20. AFM, MM, TOM, RFM and BOP. Funhouse in the production line...TOTAN soon Have fun. Cheers Henrik"
Rick Just posted BOP in stock as of Today.

#1039 6 years ago

Thanks Henrik that is great news. You are doing such a wonderful job they are amazing

#1040 6 years ago

Pinball Dreams Germany.
"ALL titles arrived and are back in stock. They will be shipped to the US early next week. So PPS should stock all titles available: Fish Tales, Wh20. AFM, MM, TOM, RFM and BOP. Funhouse in the production line...TOTAN soon Have fun. Cheers Henrik"
Rick Just posted BOP in stock as of Today.

has the error in the MM translites been fixed ?

#1041 6 years ago

Hi guys

My TOTAN has started to give me electric shocks...I love her but the last shock she gave me hurt.

The side rails, legs and even coin door seem to be electrified (like a weak electric fence)...after I get zapped it is ok to touch but within 30 seconds it is electrified again

It has just started happening half way through a game.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thank you

#1042 6 years ago

First thing, check your wall socket and make sure it's properly grounded. Check inside the cabinet to see if any screws holding down grounding braid have come loose. I might be wrong, but your machine has lost a ground and it is using you for a ground instead.

But it is nice that she's thinking of you.

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys
My TOTAN has started to give me electric shocks...I love her but the last shock she gave me hurt.
The side rails, legs and even coin door seem to be electrified (like a weak electric fence)...after I get zapped it is ok to touch but within 30 seconds it is electrified again
It has just started happening half way through a game.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Thank you

This is shocking news. AGREED WITH above, your having a ground issue for sure. Usually starts at wall, then cord to game. Could also not be fully seated at rear of game, then into cabinet checking all grounds at power box.

#1044 6 years ago

Thanks guys, after checking every braid connection and ground I finally found the problem.

It is a faulty power conditioner/surge protector that I had the machine plugged into that seems to not be earthed correctly. The damn thing cost me $150. Thank goodness it is not my lovely TOTAN.

Thanks again for your help...I can sleep easy tonight knowing my girl is ok

3 weeks later
#1045 6 years ago

Hello all. I picked up a TOTAN about a month ago. WOW did I miss this game. Such great flow and gameplay. Does anybody know the differences between sample, prototype and regular games?

#1046 6 years ago

IMG_0042 (resized).JPGIMG_0042 (resized).JPG

IMG_0043 (resized).JPGIMG_0043 (resized).JPG

IMG_0044 (resized).JPGIMG_0044 (resized).JPG

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Hello all. I picked up a TOTAN about a month ago. WOW did I miss this game. Such great flow and gameplay. Does anybody know the differences between sample, prototype and regular games?

No.+1...Sorry. anxious to hear answer.

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Nice TOTAN all she needs is a colour DMD to really set her off

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Decided to make my own fireball mod today.
It's hooked up to the jackpot insert. So it flashes during multiball start. Then stays solid. And during normal gameplay it's mainly off.
During fireball mode it flashes and stays lit when you strike the genie.
It's made from clear silicone around a de-socketed 555 red super bright flat top led. Then painted in spots with yellow and orange rubberized model paints.
This is such a great pin!

And I finally installed my genie fireball !!!

Thanks a lot Eric!

IMG_20171121_194418 (resized).jpgIMG_20171121_194418 (resized).jpg

#1050 6 years ago

My TOTAN's getting a gold tune-up in December when I get back home (I'll post pics). By complete accident I noticed that pinball.center has the gold siderails and legs back in stock. The only thing missing in their inventory was the gold lockdown bar. So... I went on eBay and funnily enough I found the damn thing. I paid more for shipping than for the actual bar, but my TOTAN is not something I'm stingy with. The weak man I am, I bought the damn siderails and the damn legs, along with the damn lockbar just to have my baby pimped out...
I got my siderails, lockdown bar and legs powder coated in a goldish colour, but it's just not the same. It needs to shine like a treasure. I could genuinely hear my wallet cry when I hit that "Purchase" button... Oh well, saving up for the ColorDMD now. Hopefully I'll get it by the end of next year haha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 84.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 119.99
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 36.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.