B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 54.
#52 9 years ago

Picked up a TOTAN about 3 weeks ago, one of my favorite games, would love to see some more activity on this thread. As a few others recently posted, reproduction aprons are being made and Lior/Mezel have something brewing for a new topper. Can't wait to see how it all ends up.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Picked up a TOTAN about 3 weeks ago, one of my favorite games, would love to see some more activity on this thread. As a few others recently posted, reproduction aprons are being made and Lior/Mezel have something brewing for a new topper. Can't wait to see how it all ends up.

I picked mine up mid December as well and have been wanting one for a long time. It's great to see aprons coming and the new topper looks cool. I just sent out my apron, scimitar at the shooter, wire form/switch cover and left ball drop out for brass plating from Mr. Chestnut. I love the look of the brass lockdown, side rails, hinges, legs and coin doors and more but I just went with a little shine on the playfield.

I've done a few things but nothing very major: plastic protectors, new ramps, new Mantis scoop, Big Law's topper and genie with lit blue eyes and fireball. I changed some LED's around and added some to the GI and back box. After the brass plated parts from Mike come back, I'm pretty much done and have it how I want. I had 35 or so people come to a party I had last weekend and they all really liked the game.

IMG_8761.JPGIMG_8761.JPG
IMG_8769.JPGIMG_8769.JPG
IMG_8771.JPGIMG_8771.JPG
IMG_8842.JPGIMG_8842.JPG
IMG_8846.JPGIMG_8846.JPG
IMG_8888.JPGIMG_8888.JPG
IMG_8932.JPGIMG_8932.JPG

#54 9 years ago

Does anyone have one for sale ?

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I've done a few things but nothing very major: plastic protectors, new ramps, new Mantis scoop, Big Law's topper and genie with lit blue eyes and fireball. I changed some LED's around and added some to the GI and back box. After the brass plated parts from Mike come back, I'm pretty much done and have it how I want.

Why stop there, you need, ok you would want to throw a color DMD in her.

#56 9 years ago

The Color DMD is fantastic, was the first thing I added to mine

#58 9 years ago

finally got my hands on a alt translite !CAM00745-610.jpgCAM00745-610.jpg

#59 9 years ago

Don't have a TOTAN yet but played one tonight for a few hours and the color dmd was amazing.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Why stop there, you need, ok you would want to throw a color DMD in her.

Saving a few things for later.

#61 9 years ago

Question for the TOTAN owners out there, anyone come up with a mod or something for the bulb on the skill shot? Mine was originally not working, fixed it last night and it seems overly bright and in your face. Was thinking maybe someone else address this somehow with perhaps a way to direct the light through the hole at the top of the metal?

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Question for the TOTAN owners out there, anyone come up with a mod or something for the bulb on the skill shot?

You could use a frosted LED or put an incandescent condom cap on the bulb to tone it down. Or you could use a flex LED to divert the light through the hole.

#63 9 years ago

Flex LED might be an option, the bulb in it is a frosted LED already, can't imagine what a non frosted would do, I'd go blind.

#64 9 years ago

Hope everyone gets their apron order in so that we can get those puppies made.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Hope everyone gets their apron order in so that we can get those puppies made.

Yeah that new apron is nice. If I still had my TOTAN I'd be putting an order in for one. My apron was beat up so I repainted it and applied the aftermarket apron sticker.

2013-11-19 20.01.42.jpg2013-11-19 20.01.42.jpg
#66 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

You could use a frosted LED or put an incandescent condom cap on the bulb to tone it down. Or you could use a flex LED to divert the light through the hole.

Had placed an order the day before from Comet for some LEDs, I emailed and asked if a green flex could be added to my order, Art added it at no charge. I'll let you guys know how it looks once I get it and install it.

#67 9 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

Had placed an order the day before from Comet for some LEDs, I emailed and asked if a green flex could be added to my order, Art added it at no charge. I'll let you guys know how it looks once I get it and install it.

Please do. I'm also using a green frosted and it's ok but if a flex is used just right it may work ok.

#68 9 years ago

I waxed her up a little and fixed my right outlane cage yesterday. Snapped a few quick pics.IMG_2112.JPGIMG_2112.JPGIMG_2113.JPGIMG_2113.JPGIMG_2114.JPGIMG_2114.JPGIMG_2115.JPGIMG_2115.JPGIMG_2116.JPGIMG_2116.JPGIMG_2116.JPGIMG_2116.JPGIMG_2117.JPGIMG_2117.JPGIMG_2118.JPGIMG_2118.JPGIMG_2119.JPGIMG_2119.JPGIMG_2120.JPGIMG_2120.JPGIMG_2121.JPGIMG_2121.JPGIMG_2122.JPGIMG_2122.JPGIMG_2123.JPGIMG_2123.JPGIMG_2124.JPGIMG_2124.JPGIMG_2125.JPGIMG_2125.JPGIMG_2126.JPGIMG_2126.JPGIMG_2127.JPGIMG_2127.JPG

#69 9 years ago

I picked up a nice TOTAN already with lamp mod, sword topper, genie eye mod and full LED's. The legs and rails are powdercoated the same color as the Genie (green/blue). I was considering to sell it but reading all this love for TOTAN has really made me remember why I loved and wanted this one so badly. I will try and post some pics later.

#70 9 years ago

Couldn't resist going and taking some pics to remember just what the machine has...

Sword topper
LEDs
Gold jewelry lamp
Blue eye genie (I think that's a mod?)
Skull flipper mod
Genie shooter rod
Light up flipper buttons
Blue/green powdercoat
undercab LED kid

I know the powdercoat might not be for everyone but I think it really works and makes the machine really pop in my collection.image-481.jpgimage-481.jpgimage-917.jpgimage-917.jpgimage-607.jpgimage-607.jpgimage-873.jpgimage-873.jpgimage-461.jpgimage-461.jpgimage-647.jpgimage-647.jpgimage-333.jpgimage-333.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#71 9 years ago

As promised, pics with the flex LED, I may bend the bracket a bit to get it more in the hole, but I think it's much better, no glaring green light in my face. Because of the angles I ended up taking the pics at, it appears brighter towards the players face than it is in person.

TOTAN Shooter Lane with Comet flex LEDTOTAN Shooter Lane with Comet flex LED

Worse AngleWorse Angle

#72 9 years ago

TOTAN was my first pin and a big part of me becoming a pinball addict. Love the art, magnets, and novelty of this pin!

#73 9 years ago

Just had mine delivered today.....just beautiful! Thanks pdxmonkey and sweetcheeks! Happy to be a part of the group!

#74 9 years ago

TOTANtranslight.jpgTOTANtranslight.jpg
#75 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

TOTANtranslight.jpg 199 KB

W O W...

Well done!
-mof

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

TOTANtranslight.jpg 199 KB

OK, time out!

Where does one get one of those?! I like that a lot!

Chris

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

OK, time out!
Where does one get one of those?! I like that a lot!
Chris

Thanks! Made it myself. It's the first part of a complete cabinet re-design that I hope to do on my own machine and then sell to a manufacturer.

#78 9 years ago

another alt translite...yours is one of a kind.. very nice !

#79 9 years ago

Sign me up!

#80 9 years ago

Some pics of mine....newly acquired and set up last week....added the pingulps, buttons and blades after the fact....

photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG

photo 1(2).JPGphoto 1(2).JPG

photo 1(4).JPGphoto 1(4).JPG

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG

photo 1(1).JPGphoto 1(1).JPG

#81 9 years ago

It's a beauty!

#82 9 years ago

Very nice and I dig the room it's in

#83 9 years ago

Thanks guys. Was not planning on getting this pin as I am waiting on getting one back from restore, but this was on my grail list, popped up over the holidays and all I can say is I don't regret it in the least. The art work is really absolutely amazing and with the new cab decals, gold trim (and I am not into bling)....it just really works with this title in all ways.

#84 9 years ago

yeah the polished brass really looks great against the stone wall.

#85 9 years ago

The pre-order for the new aprons will remain open through this weekend only.

#86 9 years ago

Has anyone heard how much longer it will be before CPR has the TOTAN playfeilds ready to ship?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Adydar:

As promised, pics with the flex LED, I may bend the bracket a bit to get it more in the hole, but I think it's much better, no glaring green light in my face. Because of the angles I ended up taking the pics at, it appears brighter towards the players face than it is in person.
TOTAN Shooter Lane with Comet flex LED
Worse Angle

This was my solution to the skill shot lamp being too bright (half a ping-pong ball):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-skill-shot-led-lighting-tip

Totan Skill Shot LED Diffuser (Small).jpgTotan Skill Shot LED Diffuser (Small).jpg

1 week later
#88 9 years ago

Hey guys

Any idea on what this pinmat might be worth? It's one of the original ones when they were produced for a short time. I've had it and enjoyed it for a while, but it doesn't really work in the new game room, so I'm looking to sell it. Trouble is, the graphic is starting to wear a bit. Measures 18" x 24". Worth anything to anyone?

Thanks all!

20150208_074721.jpg20150208_074721.jpg

#89 9 years ago

Nope, haven't heard a thing....

Quoted from Bantam:

Has anyone heard how much longer it will be before CPR has the TOTAN playfeilds ready to ship?

#90 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Nope, haven't heard a thing....

are you saying there has been no progress or you just dont know ? i know that you stated you were staying out of this with reason on another thread. this gets me a little worried.

#91 9 years ago

Why are you worried? We have it listed as "Wave One" SILKSCREEN PREPPING.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Why are you worried? We have it listed as "Wave One" SILKSCREEN PREPPING.

guess i shouldnt then. thought if you havent heard anything that meant there hasnt been any progress.

#93 9 years ago

Hey Stu,

Would it be possible to tell us approximately how long each process takes so we could have some kind of an idea if it will be years, months or weeks? Thank you

3 weeks later
#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Hey guys
Any idea on what this pinmat might be worth? It's one of the original ones when they were produced for a short time. I've had it and enjoyed it for a while, but it doesn't really work in the new game room, so I'm looking to sell it. Trouble is, the graphic is starting to wear a bit. Measures 18" x 24". Worth anything to anyone?
Thanks all!
20150208_074721.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Just thought I'd bump this. Any interest? Time for me to move it on. (SOLD)

20150208_074721.jpg20150208_074721.jpg

#95 9 years ago

Posting a picture of my precious, just in order to joining the club!!!!!

20150120_183357.jpg20150120_183357.jpg

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

20150120_183357.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Welcome to the club. Whatsthestory behind the poster-flyerish looking thing above you game on the wall. Not sure I've seen one of the before.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

20150120_183357.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

nice to see the other alt translite on a game.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

Welcome to the club. Whatsthestory behind the poster-flyerish looking thing above you game on the wall. Not sure I've seen one of the before.

The poster was actually a "try-out" for the alt translite.... Though I liked so much the picture, I decided to make some adjustments!

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

The poster was actually a "try-out" for the alt translite.... Though I liked so much the picture, I decided to make some adjustments!

19800 - 29x41.jpg19800 - 29x41.jpg

2 weeks later
#100 9 years ago

Just got my dream game!!! I was directed here and can't wait to read through the thread and post some photo's! First things I have done is fix a couple switches, bought some side blades to install, stickers for the targets, new Skill shot brass thing-a-ma-bob, and generally cleaning and getting my game up to as close to perfection as possible. I've owned a TOM before and played Circus V. albeit limited, and IMO this is JPOPs best game and most fun. This is the game that got me back into pinball a few years ago and I am sooo thrilled to have my own

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.95
$ 84.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

There are 2,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.