B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 54.
#901 6 years ago

We also have a polycarbonate film over the new cpr playfield.

There are some switch height adjustments needed when you do this

#902 6 years ago

Just got my fireball mod from ERAK. Wow one of the best constructed and best dudes to deal with!

20170705_145508 (resized).jpg20170705_145508 (resized).jpg

#903 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Just got my fireball mod from ERAK. Wow one of the best constructed and best dudes to deal with!

That reminded me that I got to send some paypal money

#904 6 years ago

Oh also in good news i sent titan pinball a hey can you and they are gonna start making the rubbers for the magic lamp posts

Screenshot_20170705-150639 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170705-150639 (resized).png

#905 6 years ago

Oh also in good news i sent titan pinball a hey can you and they are gonna start making the rubbers for the magic lamp posts

Love to see those posts in purple, ill email him to.

#906 6 years ago

now i want one of those
jeeze it never ends

#907 6 years ago

Wow, that looks awesome. I think I am going to need one too

#908 6 years ago

I know , im screwed to.
Ill have to contact him and order fireball when i get back in a week.

Quoted from Dante:Wow, that looks awesome. I think I am going to need one too

Quoted from robotron:

now i want one of those
jeeze it never ends

#909 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I know , im screwed to.
Ill have to contact him and order fireball when i get back in a week.

Very easy great install, solid dude and great communication

#910 6 years ago

How sick am I if I buy the mod with no game? That's insane!
-mof

#911 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How sick am I if I buy the mod with no game? That's insane!
-mof

"a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step"

i bought stern star trek topper and mods before i even owned one!

#912 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i bought stern star trek topper and mods before i even owned one!

Precisely. For most grails, I bought a T-shirt or some part of the machine until the rest appeared =)
Seems to work!
-mof

#913 6 years ago

Thanks! Glad you like it.

#915 6 years ago

Regarding fireball mods.

I don't have any more parts right now to make more. But I have enough for all the PM's sent so far. Working on getting them done now.
Should be able to have them all done in the next couple of days. And will let everyone that requested them, know that they are ready.

#916 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Regarding fireball mods.... But I have enough for all the PM's sent so far. Working on getting them done now.
Should be able to have them all done in the next couple of days. And will let everyone that requested them, know that they are ready.

#917 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Regarding fireball mods.
I don't have any more parts right now to make more. But I have enough for all the PM's sent so far. Working on getting them done now.

Bummer, let me know when you get parts to make more. thanks

#918 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Regarding fireball mods.

sexy mofo!!!

IMG_2098 (resized).PNGIMG_2098 (resized).PNG

#919 6 years ago

Mods for the day. Gold newton balls, genie shooter pinblades

20170707_155239 (resized).jpg20170707_155239 (resized).jpg

20170707_155239 (resized).jpg20170707_155239 (resized).jpg

20170707_155246 (resized).jpg20170707_155246 (resized).jpg

#920 6 years ago

20170707_155131 (resized).jpg20170707_155131 (resized).jpg

#921 6 years ago

I had some pinsiders ask how the fireball mods hooks up. So I thought I would post pics.

No solidered required. Plug and play.
You just have to either hot glue the fireball in the Genies hand. Or put a small screw through the back of the hand into the fireball.

Twist in jackpot socket with the super bright red led included, or use your own led Run the wire with the existing plug up the hole behind the genie.

Plug in the fireball. And Done.

I figured it would be easy this way incase you want to remove the genie to clean your game. Or need to service the switches.
Just unplug it behind his back. And pull the entire genie with the fireball attached out.

I hope to have more parts soon basically just waiting on the lamp sockets

1499487341846440330646 (resized).jpg1499487341846440330646 (resized).jpg

1499487777686739736689 (resized).jpg1499487777686739736689 (resized).jpg

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I had some pinsiders ask how the fireball mods hooks up. So I thought I would post pics.
No solidered required. Plug and play.
You just have to either hot glue the fireball in the Genies hand. Or put a small screw through the back of the hand into the fireball.
Twist in jackpot socket with the super bright red led included, or use your own led Run the wire with the existing plug up the hole behind the genie.
Plug in the fireball. And Done.
I figured it would be easy this way incase you want to remove the genie to clean your game. Or need to service the switches.
Just unplug it behind his back. And pull the entire genie with the fireball attached out.
I hope to have more parts soon basically just waiting on the lamp sockets

I can contest its an insanely easy install

20170706_140236 (resized).jpg20170706_140236 (resized).jpg

#923 6 years ago

damn what a beauty^^^^

#924 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

damn what a beauty^^^^

Thanks, thats in a dark room. Added a few spotlights to accent the game and put and ledstip in the ball trough. Really no darkspots and looks great. Also ice blue bulbs from comet pinball really shine in this game with purple

#925 6 years ago

Ugh. My 7 switch opto board is on the fritz, LM 339 best guess. Game plays fine except an entire column shows up closed in switch edges.

#926 6 years ago

Anybody have any tips on some playfield adjustment? I have a problem of balls getting stuck in two places. First, here:

IMG_7445 (resized).JPGIMG_7445 (resized).JPG

It seems that when balls are lined up in the ball lock, it starts with one ball in the hole and one ball in the chute. When the ball in the hole ejects out, the ball in the chute should fall into the hole to be ejected next. However, it just sits there, wedged between the switch wire and the hole, almost magically.

The second place is here:

IMG_7447 (resized).JPGIMG_7447 (resized).JPG

You can see I tried putting tape over the part of the switch slot where the ball seems to park itself. It's the oddest thing, it happens when the ball drops into this spot from the ramp above it. I can't for the life of me figure out why it stays in there so perfectly!?

#927 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

When the ball in the hole ejects out, the ball in the chute should fall into the hole to be ejected next.

Ok, figured out part of this. The ball popper wasn't retracting all the way, as the arm was touching the side of the slot it pops through. I adjusted that, and now the arm freely drops, so the ball doesn't get stuck.

Only now, the ball popper hits the ball so hard that it bounces back into the hole off the plastic! Arghhhh

#928 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ok, figured out part of this. The ball popper wasn't retracting all the way, as the arm was touching the side of the slot it pops through. I adjusted that, and now the arm freely drops, so the ball doesn't get stuck.
Only now, the ball popper hits the ball so hard that it bounces back into the hole off the plastic! Arghhhh

How steep is your slope?

#929 6 years ago

I have the ball hold-up at your second area on the ball drop on the right return lane. I was thinking about trying a small piece of mylar. I imagine that more playfield slope would help, but I prefer the factory recommended setting.

#930 6 years ago

How steep is your slope?

6.5 degrees.

#931 6 years ago
Quoted from jecase:

I have the ball hold-up at your second area on the ball drop on the right return lane. I was thinking about trying a small piece of mylar. I imagine that more playfield slope would help, but I prefer the factory recommended setting.

I tried some masking tape just as a test before I committed to mylar. Unfortunately, it was a bad test, because the tape got pushed into the depression too easily.

#932 6 years ago

Try 7 degrees. Personally i think it plays better at 7

#933 6 years ago

Ok next mystery. When lock is lit, hitting the ball up the right side of the loop locks. Hitting the directly up into the lock locks. Hitting the ball along the left loop, where the lock light indicates to do so, just sends the ball on a complete orbit to the right and back out again. Note that when you hit that left loop, it triggers the locking ball sound (and graphic of the lamp), but it rolls right past the magnet without stopping.

Why would it work in one direction, but not the other?

#934 6 years ago

Look at the switch matrix and test left loop. Tiger only activates if it sees a full loop so its seeing the right side ball exit. Start switch test and roll a ball through there

#935 6 years ago

got my fireball!
great mod easy install!
thanks to erak.

IMG_2173 (resized).JPGIMG_2173 (resized).JPG

IMG_2174 (resized).JPGIMG_2174 (resized).JPG

#936 6 years ago

3D Translite for Totan just annouced Today!
Should be amazing, so many things happening in image!

#937 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

3D Translite for Totan just annouced Today!
Should be amazing, so many things happening in image!

I don't know... Though I love this pin, I think its original translite is ugly as hell....

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I don't know... Though I love this pin, I think its original translite is ugly as hell....

A better choice

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

A better choice

I'm not excited about the alternative translites. The original artwork isn't very good, but the alternatives don't feel like they match the time and artwork of the game to me.

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

got my fireball!
great mod easy install!
thanks to erak.

Can you post a pic of it straight on. It looks a bit off, almost like it got bent or twisted. And I wonder if something happened during shipping. If it did I'll send you another fireball to plug in.

#941 6 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Can you post a pic of it straight on. It looks a bit off, almost like it got bent or twisted. And I wonder if something happened during shipping. If it did I'll send you another fireball to plug in.

Isn't it upside down?

#942 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Isn't it upside down?

i will post better pic. which direction did erak design this to go?
i placed it this way because i liked the way the mod sat in the palm and the cable fit in-between the 2 fingers. i was able to hot glue it for 3/4 inch and get it nice and secure.
i did not want to drive a screw thru the hands of the genie.

IMG_2184 (resized).JPGIMG_2184 (resized).JPG
IMG_2185 (resized).JPGIMG_2185 (resized).JPG
IMG_2180 (resized).JPGIMG_2180 (resized).JPG
IMG_2183 (resized).JPGIMG_2183 (resized).JPG

#943 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i will post better pic. which direction did erak design this to go?
i placed it this way because i liked the way the mod sat in the palm and the cable fit in-between the 2 fingers. i was able to hot glue it for 3/4 inch and get it nice and secure.
i did not want to drive a screw thru the hands of the genie.

I see. Just the angle of the original pic threw me off. I designed it so the flames coming off the ball kind of go more up to the left a bit. As heat and flames rise. But the genie is supposed to be throwing it so it doesn't really matter. It's whatever you like. This is not a pic of my fireball. It's marios. Is was the inspiration though. I was thinking basically like this.

Screenshot_20170714-015315 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170714-015315 (resized).png

Screenshot_20170714-022033 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170714-022033 (resized).png

#944 6 years ago

Look at the switch matrix and test left loop. Tiger only activates if it sees a full loop so its seeing the right side ball exit. Start switch test and roll a ball through there

That was it. The switch tested fine but upon close inspection could be occasionally rolled over without triggering. Just a little bending and it became reliable.

#945 6 years ago

I have a restored Totan ,new CPR play field. My cabinet seems very snug with the Playfield,areas you can't get a sheet of paper in between. I love mirror blades,but, am afraid of trouble. I have see the pingraffix blades,but,I wonder about it,too. Any ideas?

#946 6 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

I have a restored Totan ,new CPR play field. My cabinet seems very snug with the Playfield,areas you can't get a sheet of paper in between. I love mirror blades,but, am afraid of trouble. I have see the pingraffix blades,but,I wonder about it,too. Any ideas?

these older games were not really meant for blades. my mirror blades got really damaged on my tom. every tine i lift and lower the playfield i have to be really careful. i am always working and tweaking/adjusting my pins so i stopped putting the blades on. on the newer pins like alien and newer sterns they are making room for the blades so those pins if i owned any i would install them.

#947 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice, how about the decals?I put mirrors on Tommy,MSF, IM,MET. Sure like them. Mirrors are too tight,the black needs something.

#948 6 years ago
Quoted from HIPPY:

Thanks for the advice, how about the decals?I put mirrors on Tommy,MSF, IM,MET. Sure like them. Mirrors are too tight,the black needs something.

decals are much thinner if you want to go that route, i suggest doing any work you have planned on the pin and playfield first, then install the blades.
limiting the amount of times you have to flip the playfield will help keep those pinblades in nice shape.

#949 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

decals are much thinner if you want to go that route, i suggest doing any work you have planned on the pin and playfield first, then install the blades.
limiting the amount of times you have to flip the playfield will help keep those pinblades in nice shape.

We put felt strips on the sides of the playfield. I realize there is limited space but it definitely reduces any scraping.

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Starscream:

Anyone looking for an all original TOTAN?
I have one I'll be letting go, All original, unfaded cab with a stunning playfield, LED's, mirror blades, had the ramps re-brassed and a few other bits brassed to make it a little custom and shiny and I'm very picky about my pins lol
Let me know if you want anymore details on it, truly is a stunning example I never thought I'd let go
I'm located in Pearl River NY just over the NJ border

Still have this if anyone wants it,
Had a few trade offers but nothing thats sparked my eye
If you want a nice TOTAN, this is it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 36.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.