B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 54.
#701 7 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's riveted to a metal bracket that screws into the ramp. Do you need some pictures?
Marc

I think I have the bracket, but I'd love a photo of the back of the plastic to make sure I put it on right.

#702 7 years ago

Who can help me with this flasher problem?
All the flashers on my TOTAN are working ok except the one behind the Pegasus. I know the coin door must be closed when testing.
Connecting the flasher bulb directly to the wires of the bulb holder I eliminated a problem with the bulb holder. At the same time the flasher was not working, meaning there is no juice on these wires. Then I checked the connector under the playfield for these flashers but noticed no damage or loose wires. I don't expect it to be a problem on the driver board, otherwise I would have more problems. Has anyone had this problem before? Is my only option to "follow the wire"?

pegasus (resized).jpgpegasus (resized).jpg

#703 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I think I have the bracket, but I'd love a photo of the back of the plastic to make sure I put it on right.

Mines on the rotisserie right now so easy pic. I have new ramps and plastics, but my original was riveted both to the plastic and the ramp so I did the same.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#704 7 years ago
Quoted from Stokoloog:

All the flashers on my TOTAN are working ok except the one behind the Pegasus. I know the coin door must be closed when testing.
Connecting the flasher bulb directly to the wires of the bulb holder I eliminated a problem with the bulb holder. At the same time the flasher was not working, meaning there is no juice on these wires. Then I checked the connector under the playfield for these flashers but noticed no damage or loose wires. I don't expect it to be a problem on the driver board, otherwise I would have more problems. Has anyone had this problem before? Is my only option to "follow the wire"?

Which numbers are they? I've gone through my flasher test and couldn't find the backboard ones. They're also the only thing I haven't refitted into LED, and I never even remember them working...

#705 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Mines on the rotisserie right now so easy pic. I have new ramps and plastics, but my original was riveted both to the plastic and the ramp so I did the same.

Perfect. That's precisely the shot I needed. Thanks!

#706 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I thought I had that bracket, but no such luck.

Does anyone happen to know the part number of that bracket?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out: 01-14286

#707 7 years ago

Ok next question for the experts:

It seems about 75% of the time, when I launch the ball, it hits the glass.

This playfield was swapped/reconstructed prior to me purchasing it, but in so far as I can tell, the risers are all correct.

Here's a photo of the ramp to skill shot area. Any ideas folks?

IMG_4355 (resized).JPGIMG_4355 (resized).JPG

#708 7 years ago

Mine does the same.

#709 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Mine does the same.

Definitely not working as intended.

#710 7 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Mine does the same.

How about installing more loose spring on the ball shooter? That should fix the problem.

#711 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ok next question for the experts:
It seems about 75% of the time, when I launch the ball, it hits the glass.
This playfield was swapped/reconstructed prior to me purchasing it, but in so far as I can tell, the risers are all correct.
Here's a photo of the ramp to skill shot area. Any ideas folks?

I think those shooter lane ramp/jump plastics fit so tight that they cannot really easy be wrongly installed. The ball simply has too much speed. Swap more loose spring on the ball shooter and it should be fine. Just get different tension springs to find out which suits best for your game. Or your playfield angle is too steep.. I would change that spring.

#712 7 years ago

Only when I try for the last snake!

#713 7 years ago

That depends on where it hits the glass. If it's by the farthest "hole" then it's a shooter spring problem. If it's by the first "hole" then it's a problem with the guide-blade angle.

#714 7 years ago
Quoted from Stokoloog:

I would check power driver board Flasher molex terminals/connectors. Totan Manual may help you. See the color of the unpowered wires and use meter to see if it lives. I do not believe the driver board itself is the problem..

#715 7 years ago
Quoted from prajama:

I think those shooter lane ramp/jump plastics fit so tight that they cannot really easy be wrongly installed. The ball simply has too much speed. Swap more loose spring on the ball shooter and it should be fine. Just get different tension springs to find out which suits best for your game. Or your playfield angle is too steep.. I would change that spring.

I tried lower spring strengths and it still pops into the glass.

My current track I'm taking is that it hits the lip of the first skill shot target and pops upward. If that's the case, the subtle placement of the ball guide up to that point should fix it. I'll give it a shot.

#716 7 years ago

huh... ok, here's mine...

IMG_20170415_202803 (resized).jpgIMG_20170415_202803 (resized).jpg

I don't know if it's original or not but in the end I was definitely so super f***ing wrong and I apologize for my previous affirmations...

I do have a spare lamp I bought from Marcospec though so next step is to check this one out too...

#717 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

I tried lower spring strengths and it still pops into the glass.
My current track I'm taking is that it hits the lip of the first skill shot target and pops upward. If that's the case, the subtle placement of the ball guide up to that point should fix it. I'll give it a shot.

That might be it. I thought it might be the guide, but mine is aimed higher. It could be that a higher angle slows the ball down so that it doesn't fly as high up.

#718 7 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

That might be it. I thought it might be the guide, but mine is aimed higher. It could be that a higher angle slows the ball down so that it doesn't fly as high up.

Yep, that nailed it. By forcing the skill shot platform about 1mm slower and raising the plastic launch ramp just a smidge above the metal rim, problem was eliminated.

#719 7 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Which numbers are they? I've gone through my flasher test and couldn't find the backboard ones. They're also the only thing I haven't refitted into LED, and I never even remember them working...

It is number 26 Jet Flashers. Two back board flashers and one blue insert on the top right side of the play field.

#720 7 years ago

All ... I'm running the TOTAN spinning disk and wondering if any other color(s) would be interesting ... let me know your thoughts.

Thx.

#721 7 years ago

Hey Rick,

I think purple would be interesting.

Marc

#722 7 years ago

Great because this disk is out of stock everywhere. I prefer the original color but would order also one in the same color as the pop bumper caps (blue).

#723 7 years ago

Same here!

#724 7 years ago

Purple and Blue would be great Rick!

#725 7 years ago

Are ypu running the lamps too?

Quoted from PPS:All ... I'm running the TOTAN spinning disk and wondering if any other color(s) would be interesting ... let me know your thoughts.
Thx.

#727 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have lamps in stock/

Rick, thanks for quick response. Placing order today!
Any news on Black Rose cannon shell set, and Diner coffee cup?

#728 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... I'm running the TOTAN spinning disk and wondering if any other color(s) would be interesting ... let me know your thoughts.

+1 on the purple and I'm thinking maybe a clear? That way you may get some cool light features depending on the LED choices below.

*Edit: probably a better question is - what colors/features are you able to mold from?

#729 7 years ago

I would like original or purple. Any chance you could redo the lamp post sleeves in a less absorbant material rather than the original rubber which turns black after only a few plays and is difficult to clean? Thanks--

#730 7 years ago

I'm going to be upgrading my TOTAN over the coming months. Check out my thread if you're bored:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tales-of-the-arabian-nights-upgrades#post-3725329

#731 7 years ago

What are everyone's feelings about the various Cliffy protectors for TOTAN? Reminder on what they are:

-Bazaar scoop
-Magnet lift ramp
-Orb hole (ring)
-Genie magnet (ring)
-Tiger magnet (ring)
-Left and right ramp end patches

I'm definitely going to implement the scoop and magnet lift ramp.

I get the idea the the ramp end patches are mostly for broken ramps, and require drilling into the ramp, so I think I'll keep these for if/when the common break happens.

The rings I'm totally torn about. I realize these holes tend to chip, but the rings totally change the look of the playfield, and sticking things to the playfield just feels wrong to me. Have you all implemented these rings?

#732 7 years ago

Scoop is worth doing. I believe the magnet lift ramp is for the machines that didn't come with them originally or gone over the years. I'd agree to implement that on if you don't have one already. I've avoiding the rings on both my original play field and the CPR. It changes the look to me as well and on other machines it has affected game play.

#733 7 years ago
Quoted from Dante:

+1 on the purple and I'm thinking maybe a clear? That way you may get some cool light features depending on the LED choices below.
*Edit: probably a better question is - what colors/features are you able to mold from?

I can make them in most any color than can be injected - i.e. most of the WMS transparent colors - so purple/violet and clear are doable.

#734 7 years ago

I have the Mantis ring that goes inside the orb, but have not installed it. I do not think it would be very noticeable.

#735 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

What are everyone's feelings about the various Cliffy protectors for TOTAN? Reminder on what they are:
-Bazaar scoop
-Magnet lift ramp
-Orb hole (ring)
-Genie magnet (ring)
-Tiger magnet (ring)
-Left and right ramp end patches
I'm definitely going to implement the scoop and magnet lift ramp.
I get the idea the the ramp end patches are mostly for broken ramps, and require drilling into the ramp, so I think I'll keep these for if/when the common break happens.
The rings I'm totally torn about. I realize these holes tend to chip, but the rings totally change the look of the playfield, and sticking things to the playfield just feels wrong to me. Have you all implemented these rings?

The bazaar protector and genie magnet rings are musts (even though the genie ring causes crazy air balls and the scoop protector tends to get bent out of shape). I've had problems with the orb hole and tiger magnet protectors staying in place and got rid of them when I was finally sick of fishing them off the playfield and sticking them back in place. I never bothered with the ramp patches - messing up those expensive ramps is too risky and mine showed no sign that they were needed.

#736 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I can make them in most any color than can be injected - i.e. most of the WMS transparent colors - so purple/violet and clear are doable.

Awesome, I'm in for a stock red and a clear, but would love to see what purple would look like.

#737 7 years ago

Purple to match the caps would look amazing!

#738 7 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Have you all implemented these rings?

Yes,just recently.I don't think it takes anything away from the look of the game and haven't noticed any changes in the way it plays.

Lets see if the rings stay in place.I did all I can to prep the areas around the magnets before installing them.

#739 7 years ago

I've ordered them in Purple, Clear, and original Amber (orangish red) ... will be available in a couple of months, stay tuned.

rick

#740 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I've ordered them in Purple, Clear, and original Amber (orangish red) ... will be available in a couple of months, stay tuned.
rick

For a crazy TOTAN owner like myself, ill have to order one of each.

#741 7 years ago

Looking forward to get some. Will these only be available through you or are these going to be distributed to different internet shops, so I can order local here in Europe?

#742 7 years ago

Rick,
Any chance that you would do options on the lamp post sleeves?

#743 7 years ago

Hi guys

I'm still working on my poor abused TOTAN that I picked up. But I need your help.

1) Missing ramp part?

I think the 'collect a jewel' ramp is missing a plastic or metal part near the entry on the right hand side (please see pictures) There are 2 screw holes but nothing screwed in. I can't find anything in the manual. Can anyone help me with a part number please?

2) I have read that the sword topper with light up jewels can plug directly into the game. Does anyone know where on the board that plug would go? or where the unused cable might be located ? (There does seem to be a few plugs that are not plugged into anything)

Thanks heaps

ramp 2 (resized).JPGramp 2 (resized).JPG

ramp 1 (resized).JPGramp 1 (resized).JPG

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys
I'm still working on my poor abused TOTAN that I picked up. But I need your help.
1) Missing ramp part?
I think the 'collect a jewel' ramp is missing a plastic or metal part near the entry on the right hand side (please see pictures) There are 2 screw holes but nothing screwed in. I can't find anything in the manual. Can anyone help me with a part number please?
2) I have read that the sword topper with light up jewels can plug directly into the game. Does anyone know where on the board that plug would go? or where the unused cable might be located ? (There does seem to be a few plugs that are not plugged into anything)
Thanks heaps

Not sure about the topper, but the plastic is here:

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_22&products_id=232&zenid=81700f2be50bdffdfb81d4ac8b68d427

Buy two. I've broken one.

#745 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi guys
1) Missing ramp part?
Thanks heaps

Depends what lighting it is, but LEDs are often 12V, so you can plug it into your 12V test point on the power board. I'd be surprised if it were a 6.3V light.

#746 7 years ago

Does anyone know where this ramp plastic goes? Can you post a picture?
Thanks in advance

totan (resized).JPGtotan (resized).JPG

#747 7 years ago
Quoted from Stokoloog:

Does anyone know where this ramp plastic goes? Can you post a picture?
Thanks in advance

Look just above the 3 red target bank, on top of the other plastic.

huo flintstones 015-XL (resized).jpghuo flintstones 015-XL (resized).jpg

#748 7 years ago

Thanks Dry heat!

#749 7 years ago
Quoted from snowvictim:

Depends what lighting it is, but LEDs are often 12V, so you can plug it into your 12V test point on the power board. I'd be surprised if it were a 6.3V light.

Thanks, but I have heard that they light up as you complete the 'tales' which makes them interactive with the game?

#750 7 years ago
Quoted from Tim_Hanian:

Look just above the 3 red target bank, on top of the other plastic.

Funny. Mine has that, and I don't think I've ever noticed it! Looks like an anti-ball trap plastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 84.99
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
There are 2,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/15?hl=whitewater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.