totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6969_jpg (resized).jpeg
IMG_1054 (resized).jpeg

There are 2,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 54.
#601 7 years ago

If anyone has one for sale I'm in the market!

#602 7 years ago

Back box illumination

After owning my new TOTAN for only a couple of days, I am already finding a whole heap of stuff that I need to fix. But I do have a question about the back box illumination. Unlike all my other machines there is no hinged panel for holding either bayonet or wedge bulbs. Instead there is a single Fluorescent tube ? Please see picture. Is this standard on TOTAN's or has my machine been severely hacked? If it has been hacked can anyone offer me advice on how I may return it to its original state. I don't like the lighting that the fluorescent tube produces and I would like to put colour matched LEDs in the back box.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Back box illumination
After owning my new TOTAN for only a couple of days, I am already finding a whole heap of stuff that I need to fix. But I do have a question about the back box illumination. Unlike all my other machines there is no hinged panel for holding either bayonet or wedge bulbs. Instead there is a single Fluorescent tube ? Please see picture. Is this standard on TOTAN's or has my machine been severely hacked? If it has been hacked can anyone offer me advice on how I may return it to its original state. I don't like the lighting that the fluorescent tube produces and I would like to put colour matched LEDs in the back box.

Wow, yes it is hacked. It should have a white tub with flasher and GI bulbs. Tubs were available from BAA but you'd have to check. Even if they have one with no holes you should be able to find someone that you can use as a template. You'll have to create new wiring and lamp sockets which also should be able to do from local or one of us owners getting you some pictures. That reall sucks somebody did that.

#604 7 years ago

Pic of the lighted tub from IPDB:

IMG_4435.JPGIMG_4435.JPG

#605 7 years ago

Wow,just when you think you've seen it all. Was the last owner a Stern fan?

#606 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Wow, yes it is hacked. It should have a white tub with flasher and GI bulbs. Tubs were available from BAA but you'd have to check. Even if they have one with no holes you should be able to find someone that you can use as a template. You'll have to create new wiring and lamp sockets which also should be able to do from local or one of us owners getting you some pictures. That reall sucks somebody did that.

Thanks, it sure is a bummer the previous owner got rid of the original tub. I will try to find a tub and rewire back to original as best as I can. Thanks for the picture. I'll have to do a lot more research.

#607 7 years ago

looks like a flipper football or 6803 with single bulb.

#608 7 years ago

Hi TOTAN enthusiasts.
I own a TOTAN in a pretty good original state and wanted to replace a broken target next to the ramp close to the Genie (see picture). I bought a new one (right on the picture) with the diode already in place. Looking at the original target, I saw the diode is connected to the target on a different manner. My question is: should I connect the new target in exactly the same manner as one on the left (old) on the picture? This means that I need to re-position the diode on the new target. Your answers are highly appreciated!

Totan1 (resized).jpgTotan1 (resized).jpg

Totan2 (resized).jpgTotan2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#609 7 years ago
Quoted from Stokoloog:

I saw the diode is connected to the target on a different manner.

If you look at the wiring, it's pretty much the same (Green-yellow front tab, White blue rear tab) except that the tabs are on the bottom rather than the side. I would wire it the same way, Green yellow to the empty lug and White-blue to the non-banded diode side lug.

EDIT: As far as the diode is concerned, it looks like the leafs are out of order. I think the banded side diode connection should be isolated from the other two connections . maybe it was assembled that way on accident.

Can you add another photo of that area from a different angle? Is that empty lug coming off the center blade in the switch stack? In the photo, it looks like it's stacked with the front diode lug (banded side). If it is, then I believe it's wrong. See my attached photo of my popeye game for proper order. Maybe the experts can chime in on this

wiring (resized).JPGwiring (resized).JPG

popeye bluto target (resized).JPGpopeye bluto target (resized).JPG

#610 7 years ago

I decided to do a bit more mod making for my TOTAN. Let me know what you think.

IMG_20170210_092326463 (resized).jpgIMG_20170210_092326463 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170210_092220548 (resized).jpgIMG_20170210_092220548 (resized).jpg

#611 7 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I decided to do a bit more mod making for my TOTAN. Let me know what you think.

Looking very nice.
Get rid of that credit dot

#612 7 years ago

Hi erak

I like where you have put the treasure chest, I think I will make one and put it in the same spot. Your flying carpet also looks neat...is it just a colour printer image or a real mini carpet? If it is a real carpet...where did you get it from?

Regards
WW

#613 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Hi erak
I like where you have put the treasure chest, I think I will make one and put it in the same spot. Your flying carpet also looks neat...is it just a colour printer image or a real mini carpet? If it is a real carpet...where did you get it from?
Regards
WW

Thanks. The treasure chest is actually a spotlight on the genie too. I drilled out a hole on the back facing the genie. And added a super bright bulb tied into the G.I. along with the color changer under the chest lid.

As far as the carpet goes....
It's a real carpet. I cut a piece of clear acrylic and mounted it to the screw on the metal ramp switch bracket. And then just used 3m tape to stick the carpet to the plastic. It is also lit with LEDs. It's tied into the carpet insert.

I got the carpet from minimum world.
Just look up 7cm x 12cm or around 2" x 4" doll house Turkish rugs.

https://minimumworld.com/rp17372-rug

#614 7 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

Looking very nice.
Get rid of that credit dot

I fixed it. It was the 3rd ball lock switch not registering. A bit of a bend and it's fixed.
Thanks.

#615 7 years ago

SKILL SHOT GUARD

I've found that sometimes the ball randomly bounces out of the skill shot area and onto the plastics or playfield.

I have made a guard to ensure the ball does not cause any damage to plastics or playfield when making the skill shot. It takes only seconds to install as the diameter of the Perspex used wedges tightly into the existing metal form.

I was thinking of selling them on eBay if anyone would be interested?

Regards
WW

#616 7 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

If you look at the wiring, it's pretty much the same (Green-yellow front tab, White blue rear tab) except that the tabs are on the bottom rather than the side. I would wire it the same way, Green yellow to the empty lug and White-blue to the non-banded diode side lug.
EDIT: As far as the diode is concerned, it looks like the leafs are out of order. I think the banded side diode connection should be isolated from the other two connections . maybe it was assembled that way on accident.
Can you add another photo of that area from a different angle? Is that empty lug coming off the center blade in the switch stack? In the photo, it looks like it's stacked with the front diode lug (banded side). If it is, then I believe it's wrong. See my attached photo of my popeye game for proper order. Maybe the experts can chime in on this

Thanks Seatmandan
I decided to connect the new target exactly as the old one was connected. That is different than in your Popeye. But it works and gives no errors and was the safest way to go for me. Perhaps a member can post a picture of the wiring of this target on their TOTAN

#617 7 years ago

How much for one shipped to 37312? I'd take one.

#619 7 years ago

Hi, thanks for the links.

'a thousand pardons'

I did not realise a similar guard was already available.

Mine must be a little thicker because it does not need a bracket to hold it in place because it wedges firmly in the existing metal form and it is made from a stronger more durable material, no chance of it breaking.

Cost is US$35 (free shipping worldwide)

#620 7 years ago

Fireball question

Hi TOTAN fans, I am only new to owning a TOTAN and I love it but I am still learning a lot about it and I have had to fix quite a bit of stuff. I have installed a brand new rottendog power driver board and it seems to have improved things, however I do have a question about the fireball magnet. When the ball is travelling quite quickly the magnet is often not able to grab it, and when the ball is going slow it usually works. Is this normal for the magnet to miss balls, I would say it only grabs about 50% of balls. This was also the case with the original power driver board, so I know it is not the power driver board.

Thanks for you help

#621 7 years ago

Does your ramp have a small stainless piece that lifts the ball up closer to the magnet? Not my best picture but that piece should be there and if not may be part of your problem.

Quoted from Whitewater:

Fireball question
Hi TOTAN fans, I am only new to owning a TOTAN and I love it but I am still learning a lot about it and I have had to fix quite a bit of stuff. I have installed a brand new rottendog power driver board and it seems to have improved things, however I do have a question about the fireball magnet. When the ball is travelling quite quickly the magnet is often not able to grab it, and when the ball is going slow it usually works. Is this normal for the magnet to miss balls, I would say it only grabs about 50% of balls. This was also the case with the original power driver board, so I know it is not the power driver board.
Thanks for you help

IMG_4599 (resized).JPGIMG_4599 (resized).JPG

#622 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Does your ramp have a small stainless piece that lifts the ball up closer to the magnet? Not my best picture but that piece should be there and if not may be part of your problem.

I ain't got that problem but my ramp aínt got that piece either.... What's the part-number and/or where can I find it?

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Thank you very much for solving my problem My game is an early manufacture pin and is missing that part

#625 7 years ago

for those who havent seen this...https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-candidate-for-new-code. OK so TOTAN has a lot of votes but I spent time playing it and while it isn't my favourite machine it seems to have a pretty good progression to a logical wizard mode that'd keep all but the best players happy for a long time. Can people be more specific about the improvements/rule changes for this one? It's of special interest to me because I wouldn't mind having it in my collection.

contact the op and submit your ideas ! would love to see this happen !!!

#626 7 years ago

Just added TOTAN to my collection and am restoring. Any ideas on the sword wear and the skill shot tarnish of the zinc coated metal. Brass plating? stainless replace- anything?

#627 7 years ago

I power coated both mine. the sword desert sand and the skill shot lavender purple

IMAG0987 (resized).jpgIMAG0987 (resized).jpg

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I power coated both mine. the sword desert sand and the skill shot lavender purple

you have a credit dot... yikes! haha

#629 7 years ago

Can anyone give me some info on the photo of the ball guide, my flap is broken off and need to find a replacement, would like a photo or measurement of what the overall length of what the flap should be in case I need to make one from scratch ?

IMG_3801 (resized).jpgIMG_3801 (resized).jpg

#630 7 years ago

Totan is my favorite pin ... Some photos of mine, restoration still in progress.
More photos in this video.

Sorry about the quality ...

----------

-----------------------

Click on photos for full size/better quality ...

DSC_4842 (Custom) (resized).jpgDSC_4842 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4846 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4846 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4776 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4776 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4785 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4785 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4791 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4791 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4737 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4737 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4732 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4732 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4730 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4730 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4714 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4714 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4701 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4701 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4688 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4688 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4695 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4695 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4532 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4532 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4623 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4623 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4657 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4657 (Custom) (resized).jpg
_DSC4637 (Custom) (resized).jpg_DSC4637 (Custom) (resized).jpg

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

you have a credit dot... yikes! haha

time and date not set. this must be your first day????

#632 7 years ago

I need some help with my first TOTAN. In my first pic, is there suppose to be a gap between the swirl ramp and the left magnet ramp ( see circled area). I dont see anything broken??

ALso there was a loose plastic ( see second pic) Can someone tell me where this goes?

20170312_215221 (resized).jpg20170312_215221 (resized).jpg

20170312_215133 (resized).jpg20170312_215133 (resized).jpg

#633 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Totan is my favorite pin

game video looks amazing. Great work!
-mof

#634 7 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

I need some help with my first TOTAN. In my first pic, is there suppose to be a gap between the swirl ramp and the left magnet ramp ( see circled area). I dont see anything broken??
ALso there was a loose plastic ( see second pic) Can someone tell me where this goes?

Yes to the gap. Plastic is skill shot shield

#635 7 years ago

Anyone have a pic of where exactly skill shot shield is mounted?

#636 7 years ago

Never mind- found it on a search- there is only one on the left side of the skill shot correct?

#637 7 years ago
Quoted from bsbdmd83:

Never mind- found it on a search- there is only one on the left side of the skill shot correct?

Correct.

#638 7 years ago

Looking for a TOTAN, any condition, original parts (unless already fully restored).

#639 7 years ago
Quoted from Namsan:

Some photos of mine, restoration still in progress.

Is that powder coat, or spray paint? That wear on the scimitar is rough

spray paint (resized).JPGspray paint (resized).JPG

#640 7 years ago

This dagger plastic came with the new plastic set. Anyone know where it goes? I figured if it was a bonus key ring it would only have one hole, but this one has two.

#641 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

This dagger plastic came with the new plastic set. Anyone know where it goes?

It's the spiral ramp diverter cover

diverter cover totan (resized).jpgdiverter cover totan (resized).jpg

#642 7 years ago

It's not that one actually, but I can see the resemblance. It seems to be a slightly different shaped plastic. It must just be a bonus plastic I guess. Or a guitar pic

#643 7 years ago

One day this will be in my collection. TOTAN is probably my favorite pinball game of all time. Every time I come across one, i just can't stop playing it. It's definitely my #1 in my top 5.

#644 7 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

It's not that one actually, but I can see the resemblance. It seems to be a slightly different shaped plastic. It must just be a bonus plastic I guess. Or a guitar pic

Hmm, you are right. I'll have to check out my plastic kit tomorrow and see if I have one too.

#645 7 years ago

It's just a key fob. Mines dangling off key right now.

#646 7 years ago

I'd like to buy a TotAN flyer... is anyone selling?

#647 7 years ago

added the new style topper and the fancy lamp. couldnt help myself.

IMG_0704 (resized).JPGIMG_0704 (resized).JPG

IMG_0625 (resized).JPGIMG_0625 (resized).JPG

IMG_0626 (resized).JPGIMG_0626 (resized).JPG

#648 7 years ago

Where'd ya get that lamp? PDI? I just wish it was cheaper!!!!

#649 7 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

added the new style topper and the fancy lamp. couldnt help myself.

Nice machine and nice topper. Who sells the toppers ?

#650 7 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Nice machine and nice topper. Who sells the toppers ?

the topper was a limited run from laserriffic. all sold out, maybe cointaker might have one or 2 left.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 2,673 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.