B4715AC8-F306-4AAA-B8D7-46C9433657BF (resized).jpeg
20240303_174324 (resized).jpg
totan (resized).jpg
IMG_1021 (resized).jpeg
20230731_200214 (resized).jpg
arabian-nights-cabinet-decal-set_orig (resized).png
IMG_1099 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7272 (resized).jpeg
There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 54.
#2 9 years ago

I don't think it does, I just looked. I'm in.

1 week later
#3 9 years ago

I'm in too!

And I'll start a topic: do you have a favorite jewel mission? Mine is Ali Baba - there's something really satisfying about hitting the left targets and having it ricochet up to hit the right targets. There's always a sense of accomplishment when I spell SESAME.

#4 9 years ago

I'm in but I don't have a totan, but I have an acdc premium to trade!

#5 9 years ago

TOTAN is the only pin my wife likes. In fact, I bought it for that reason. I am not entirely sure why, but I know another guy who tells the same story. Undoubtedly, the theme and artwork account for much of that attraction, but perhaps there is more to it. The pin is cleverly designed and yet not difficult to understand, which helps to draw people in who might be put off by complex pins. Any other thoughts?

#6 9 years ago

I've updated the OP. As more resources and good ideas appear in this thread, I'll add them to the OP for easy reference. I'm a huge fan of the game, and I hope to own one "some day"... Thank you for allowing me to be your humble thread moderator as a "fan"...

-mof

#7 9 years ago

I found the voice over work in this film to be strangely similar to the voice in used in the pin:
-mof

#8 9 years ago

I currently own this beautiful PMD restoration. Usually not into "bling", but it works on this title.

http://s437400854.onlinehome.us/?page_id=120

I added a few things after taking delivery...

- Gold bottle by PinballDecals.
- Reinforced targets to eliminate air balls.
- ColorDMD...looks amazing on this title.
- Alternate translite. Original is great, but I like this alternate is simple/sexy (Princess, Genie, Bottle).

I've owned Jpops other A-list titles, and I like TOTAN the best overall (though CV's wizard mode is one of the best).

IMG_8688.jpgIMG_8688.jpg
#10 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I currently own this beautiful PMD restoration. Usually not into "bling", but it works on this title.
http://s437400854.onlinehome.us/?page_id=120
I added a few things after taking delivery...
- Gold bottle by PinballDecals.
- Reinforced targets to eliminate air balls.
- ColorDMD...looks amazing on this title.
- Alternate translite. Original is great, but I like this alternate is simple/sexy (Princess, Genie, Bottle).
I've owned Jpops other A-list titles, and I like TOTAN the best overall (though CV's wizard mode is one of the best).

ive been wanting to get that same tranlite but, alternatieve translites will not respond in my inquire. any ideas ? lve read other threads saying TOTAN is too easy but i dont think that at all ! its definetly the favorite with friends.

has anyone restored their apron with the treasure cove method ? gold paint/decals ? would like to see some pics other than on their site before i attempt to do my own.

IMG_8688.jpg 224 KB

#11 9 years ago

Have one and the best game ever

#12 9 years ago

I have had one for three years and just love it. Thank you for starting the club.

#13 9 years ago

Heres a fan!

#14 9 years ago

Just curious if anyone has ever thought to make plastic or rubber covers for the skill shot baskets. I always worry about metal-on-metal contact damaging the balls and the TOTAN skill shot can be really brutal.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

TOTAN is the only pin my wife likes. In fact, I bought it for that reason. I am not entirely sure why, but I know another guy who tells the same story. Undoubtedly, the theme and artwork account for much of that attraction, but perhaps there is more to it. The pin is cleverly designed and yet not difficult to understand, which helps to draw people in who might be put off by complex pins. Any other thoughts?

My wife love it as well. She had no issues whatsoever determining what the rules are just by playing it and she loves the skillshot! It's responsible for getting us into the pinball hobby in the first place (via pinball arcade)! Love this game, just need to find one!

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I found the voice over work in this film to be strangely similar to the voice in used in the pin:
-mof
» YouTube video

I believe Linda Deal was the female voice on TOTAN... not 100% sure though.

Edit: this is my source - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/female-voices-in-tom-totan-and-cv

#17 9 years ago

Mine on the day I got it.
phone5 034.JPGphone5 034.JPG

now with the ladies.
Iphone 2014 233.JPGIphone 2014 233.JPG

#18 9 years ago

Amazing collection! I'd love to have at least ToM and TOTAN side by side myself!

#19 9 years ago

100_0316.JPG100_0316.JPG

100_0314.JPG100_0314.JPG 100_0322.JPG100_0322.JPG
#20 9 years ago

FWIW, I highly recommend getting the color DMD for this pin. There is so much color in the playfield and backglass, and they did a good job of integrating the DMD graphics with it.

#21 9 years ago

Now I'm starting to miss mine....

#22 9 years ago

I love my Totan... I picked this up from Germany and drove back to the UK with it in the back of a Toyota Prius
These are the pictures I was sent originally but is the same machine. Now its fitted with top of the line led's and looks even better.

totan_nach_rest25.jpgtotan_nach_rest25.jpg
totan_nach_rest24.jpgtotan_nach_rest24.jpg
totan_nach_rest23.jpgtotan_nach_rest23.jpg
totan_nach_rest22.jpgtotan_nach_rest22.jpg
totan_nach_rest21.jpgtotan_nach_rest21.jpg
totan_nach_rest20.jpgtotan_nach_rest20.jpg
totan_nach_rest19.jpgtotan_nach_rest19.jpg
totan_nach_rest18.jpgtotan_nach_rest18.jpg
totan_nach_rest17.jpgtotan_nach_rest17.jpg
totan_nach_rest16.jpgtotan_nach_rest16.jpg
totan_nach_rest15.jpgtotan_nach_rest15.jpg
totan_nach_rest14.jpgtotan_nach_rest14.jpg
totan_nach_rest13.jpgtotan_nach_rest13.jpg
totan_nach_rest12.jpgtotan_nach_rest12.jpg
totan_nach_rest11.jpgtotan_nach_rest11.jpg
totan_nach_rest10.jpgtotan_nach_rest10.jpg
totan_nach_rest01.jpgtotan_nach_rest01.jpg
totan_nach_rest02.jpgtotan_nach_rest02.jpg
totan_nach_rest03.jpgtotan_nach_rest03.jpg
totan_nach_rest04.jpgtotan_nach_rest04.jpg
totan_nach_rest05.jpgtotan_nach_rest05.jpg
totan_nach_rest06.jpgtotan_nach_rest06.jpg
totan_nach_rest07.jpgtotan_nach_rest07.jpg
totan_nach_rest08.jpgtotan_nach_rest08.jpg

#23 9 years ago

My mod summary:
TOTAN mods v4-1.jpgTOTAN mods v4-1.jpg
TOTAN mods v4-2.jpgTOTAN mods v4-2.jpg
TOTAN mods v4-3.jpgTOTAN mods v4-3.jpg

Cheers,
Ken

Post edited by KenEberhardt: Adding 2 more jpg's

#24 9 years ago

My mod wishlist:

1. Color DMD
2. Mirror blades
3. Sword handle shooter (made for LOTR, but makes more sense on a TOTAN)
4. Bazaar light (red, I think)

How would one mount that cobra on a TOTAN skill shot?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Just curious if anyone has ever thought to make plastic or rubber covers for the skill shot baskets. I always worry about metal-on-metal contact damaging the balls and the TOTAN skill shot can be really brutal.

ive thought the same thing. ive seen were people have put wire loom over the edges but im sure that doesnt stay in place,

#26 9 years ago

Thought I'd share the progress on my TOTAN cabinet re-design. I love that the playfield graphics are based on the Art Nuveau paintings of Alphonse Mucha, but I wish the cabinet art followed through on that style. So I've decided to create new designs - so far, I've got a good handle on the backbox decals and I'm mostly done with a new translite. Please keep in mind that these are still works in progress:

TOTANbackbox072814.pngTOTANbackbox072814.png TOTANtranslite072814.pngTOTANtranslite072814.png
#27 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Thought I'd share the progress on my TOTAN cabinet re-design. I love that the playfield graphics are based on the Art Nuveau paintings of Alphonse Mucha, but I wish the cabinet art followed through on that style. So I've decided to create new designs - so far, I've got a good handle on the backbox decals and I'm mostly done with a new translite. Please keep in mind that these are still works in progress:

This is frickin' brilliant.

A big appeal to me is the art nouveau design...

-mof

#28 9 years ago

I like the cabinet art but would love to see a better translite that more closely matched the playfield art.

#29 9 years ago

Any opinions on LED kits for TOTAN? I'm thinking of buying one from either Cointaker or Pinballbulbs.

#30 9 years ago

Does anyone get ball hangups on the swirly ramp behind the genie?
Or any other hangups?

Every once in a while I have to remove the backglass to free a stuck ball, far more often on TOTAN than any other game in my collection.

Besides adjusting the pitch, are there any fixes for this?

Thanks,
Brad

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Any opinions on LED kits for TOTAN? I'm thinking of buying one from either Cointaker or Pinballbulbs.

i purchased the superbright kit from cointaker. i however went with all cool super whites for the GI instead of the supplied purple frosted the kit comes with. makes the game come more alive in my opinion. also changed the bazzar lighting to a mix of blue, yellow and red instead of the supplied white and installed red for the orbs, again default is white.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

Or any other hangups?
Every once in a while I have to remove the backglass to free a stuck ball, far more often on TOTAN than any other game in my collection.
Besides adjusting the pitch, are there any fixes for this?
Thanks,
Brad

There are about eight places on my machine where the ball gets stuck (I was actually getting ready to post about this and still might). A light ramp shot will get stuck right on the outer curve and I find it infuriating. Sorry, besides playing with the pitch, I don't have a solution - I'm just glad I'm not alone in my frustration.

2 weeks later
#33 9 years ago

Is rev. 1.3 the latest? If not, what is and how do I get it? Thanks, Dave.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

There is a gap behind the genie between the swirl ramp and the entrance to the fireball ramp. Adjust the gap to make sure that the ball easily falls through this gap otherwise you will get hangups when the ball can't reach the fireball ramp.

Quoted from TopMoose:

A light ramp shot will get stuck right on the outer curve

This definitely should not be happening. The ramp needs to be adjusted so that a shot that doesn't make it to the swirl ramp switch, falls through the cutout on the outer swirl ramp onto the ramp below.

Both of these issues can be resolved with minor tweaks though I suspect that maybe some of your hex posts for the swirl ramp may not be in the proper spots.

#35 9 years ago

I thought I'd post another in-progress update of my Mucha-inspired cabinet redesign. I decided that the translite I was working on would look better as the side cabinet art. Next, I'm thinking of drawing three baskets on the right with a lamp on top of one and the smoke coming out would spell the title of the game. The foliage is just a place holder but it may find a permanent place.

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 11.55.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-22 at 11.55.24 AM.png
1 week later
#36 9 years ago

Hub and I love the topper I came up with:

Totan leds.JPGTotan leds.JPG

Added a small cobra:

snake mod TOTAN.JPGsnake mod TOTAN.JPG

Made the lamp golden and added some jewels:

golden lamp with jewels.JPGgolden lamp with jewels.JPG

#37 9 years ago

love my ToTAN... out of the JPop trilogy it was the first one I acquired

2014-05-05 00.12.54.jpg2014-05-05 00.12.54.jpg

3 weeks later
#38 9 years ago

Can anyone give me examples of a TOTAN with powdercoating? If so, please post in the following thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-powdercoat-a-totan

Thanks!

1 month later
#39 9 years ago

I just got my custom shooter rod and installed it last night! It was designed by Pinsider pinball_customs for a Stern LOTR, but I asked him to paint it purple for my TOTAN. I think it's a perfect fit for this game!

PB060120.JPGPB060120.JPG
3 weeks later
#40 9 years ago

Just joined the club.

#42 9 years ago

315791-i.jpg315791-i.jpg
315792-i.jpg315792-i.jpg
315798-i.jpg315798-i.jpg
315833-i.jpg315833-i.jpg

315799-i.jpg315799-i.jpg 315837-i.jpg315837-i.jpg 315832-i-117.jpg315832-i-117.jpg
#43 9 years ago

Wohoo! Another club I can be in

DSCF6628.JPGDSCF6628.JPG DSCF6631.JPGDSCF6631.JPG DSCF6632.JPGDSCF6632.JPG DSCF6633.JPGDSCF6633.JPG DSCF6634.JPGDSCF6634.JPG coindoor2.jpgcoindoor2.jpg
#44 9 years ago

anyone out there planning on getting a CPR playfield ???

#45 9 years ago

Post your High Scores!

score_7463_1_thumb.jpgscore_7463_1_thumb.jpg

Mine was done on 3 ball with Ball save turned off.

#46 9 years ago

Looking to be a member soon! What's the insert ghosting I hear about? I understand the usual wear around the genie magnet and cab fade but the ghosting I haven't been able to see.

TIA!

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I put fish-tank air line tubing on mine, just cut to size and slit it up the middle. Nice clear protective rubber - no metal on metal hits.
Also made a custom decal. Wish I still had this game!
skillshot.jpgskillshot.jpg
skillshot2.jpgskillshot2.jpg
decal.jpgdecal.jpg

#48 9 years ago

great pin. best jpop title

2 weeks later
#49 9 years ago

Does anyone have an LED list they can share with me? Mainly concerned with GI and translite options/bulb types. EDIT: Ended up with purple frosted at the slings and warm white frosted for the rest including the translite using blue behind the Genie.

Post edited by dmacy: Made my own setup

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 119.99
$ 36.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

There are 2,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 54.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-club/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.