Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by surfinvet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a TOTAN with a ball through problem. As soon as the game is turned on, and boots up prior to the start of the game, 2 balls will be launched into the shooter lane. If I launch these balls and they are drained and then start the game it will play with no problems. Checked the switch matrix in test and ball through optos check normal. I have changed the ball through and opto board with known good components and same condition exist. Anyone have any thoughts.

#2 8 years ago
Quoted from SJJ:

I have a TOTAN with a ball through problem. As soon as the game is turned on, and boots up prior to the start of the game, 2 balls will be launched into the shooter lane. If I launch these balls and they are drained and then start the game it will play with no problems. Checked the switch matrix in test and ball through optos check normal. I have changed the ball through and opto board with known good components and same condition exist. Anyone have any thoughts.

Hi. Have you checked ALL other switches too? I had similar problem and the reason was another broken switch. Also check all connectors on your PCBs, my molex connectors seemed all right, but after closer check I found out, that is was completely burnt. (Check MPU lower connectors too!)

-p.

#3 8 years ago

Doubt it's it, but do you use silverjet balls from marco? I've had similar issues with other games W/magnets using silverjets. I hope you get it figured out.....

#4 8 years ago

This may be a dumb question, but how many balls do you have in the trough? Double check that you don't have an extra ball. Maybe try 3 vs 4 balls as well and see if the problem still occurs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Van Alstyne, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seward, AK
$ 36.95
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-ball-through-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.