mirco (resized).png
7B7B4310-EE42-40C8-A5B0-EFB7A7FE6956 (resized).jpeg
Popcorn 2.gif
SmartSelect_20220316-204830_Firefox.jpg
2022-03-14 11.57.14 web1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Warzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Is there any release info or game play posted anywhere other than the busted machine video from TPF? curious to check it out.

There is this video from TPF but there is this one from around one year ago posted. It shows only the extension part thought.
Current software are probably changed since then.

#35 2 years ago

Doesn’t look too bad as far as content:

I hope new gameplay videos to be release soon

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

Yeah, I too thought the price was raised close to $3k USD. However, that price is only if you are in Europe. It says on the website(first page) that the VAT European tax will be removed at checkout. So, the outside Europe price is $2500; still a hefty price tag + shipping.
I had a buddy play this a few times at TPF and he was never able to actually complete a game. It sounds like this is more in an Alpha state than Beta from what I can tell/see. I'm Interested perhaps down the road, if all the bugs are fixed and it looks like a good value. Oh, and nobody is reporting HW/Parts/Pieces issues.

The coil not working was due to a firmware thing with hardware at TPF. I’ve heard it has been corrected since then (right after). You can check that the project has been running for years without any issue, there are videos of the running project on youtube for quiet a while. Looks promising but they should have posted gameplay video IMO at TPF. The presentation itself was not the best I’ve seen, so waiting for news now.

5 months later
#45 1 year ago

I got a friend who own a kit and really happy with it but.. there is no video anywhere to show how it run. When I look at FH 2.0, there are plenty of videos on youtube but for this nothing. At this price, we need videos to show some of the gameplay to make our mind. Is it something planned ?

Also it would be nice to have more infos on release for the HD display. (If possible)

#47 1 year ago

Some communication would be nice (indeed!)

2 months later
#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Highclasspinball:

Hi, yes I know we need Videos. Wanted to post several some time ago but I did not have time to take them so far. I will be in the US this week, once I return I hope to have time to take some videos.
The HD display is not ready and will not be available in near future. But the will be an upgrade option for the regular versions available once it is ready.
Regards, Mirco

any news regarding the videos ? It's been some time since last time. I've checked on Youtube for instance and found nothing. I think people (and I) needs to see features and gameplay before purshase, tks !

3 weeks later
#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Sean_bc:

So for everyone waiting for this product, notice the lack of gameplay videos, which potential customers have repeatedly asked for. Gameplay videos would help tremendously in attracting buyers and generating interest. Yet almost 3 months later, crickets... This is what you're getting with mirco. It's a simple ask....
And I'm actually interested in seeing what this 2.0 kit can do... I hope more 2.0's are developed in the future for more games.
The customer service/communication is legendary. And you're seeing that it's a pattern that should turn you off from buying anything from him, unless you have no other options.

I coulnd’t be more agree... it’s really strange that such simple things such as videos couldn’t be done. Just look at the other projects such as Funhouse, there are at least 10 videos of Pedretti and more with gameplay. It’s not like we were waiting for a new pin to be released...come on.

#62 1 year ago

what's crazy is a lot of projects in pinball don't go to the end because of difficulties, time needed and so on... but this one is done (finished??) and for whatever reasons, it seems like Mirco don't want it to push it for any new customers. Just look at the TOTAN 2.0 on Mirco's site, there is no information, nor pic, nothing on what's in there, the software... I mean... come on. At this price, could we even got some tiny infos on the kit ?

That's really unfortunate because I think a lot of effort and work has been done and some passion given. I would put give some money and take the risk to buy Mirco but we need more infos. That's TOTAN 2.0 was not started with Mirco... so what happened ??... give use infos.... please. My TOTAN beg for a new software.
mirco (resized).pngmirco (resized).png

1 month later
#63 1 year ago

any news from this kit on what's in there ?
almost one year has passed since last TPF and I don't I have any infos nor answers. It's beyond my understanding why it's so hard to get any infos on this... for potential new customers like me.
Is the HD version still something you're working on and that's why you don't communicate? (next TPF maybe ??)

I mean, for that much money, we deserve a bit of infos, right? it's not like there is nothing on the website. It's the first time I see that.
please bring some infos

3 weeks later
#64 1 year ago

No answer for ...3 months for... really basic questions. Not sure what’s going on. I wish Buthamburg (or Pedretti) could take over this, I’m sure it would be managed in a much better professional approach.
Now we know that not only the playfield activity is an issue, it’s everything from this company.
Too bad, it was promising.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Your mileage may vary, but I've yet to play a 2.0 kit I've enjoyed more than the base game. They all seem to sacrifice the game's soul at the expense of more code depth and/or "better" sound & graphics. Maybe best to just let this die on the vine and enjoy TOTAN for its limited but still impressive charms, which made all of us fall in love with it at some point of our journey in the hobby.

the thing is, if it was not Mirco, I don't think the story would have been the same. I still think, along with all my Totan's friend owners and people I've discussed with, that this game is way too easy and the rules much too shallow (make a wish... tales....) and it really needed code changes knowing also that original rules was there too. Also the auto luncher was a really nice addition, probably removed for cost saving by WMS. At the end, the choice to upgrade would have been better to no choice at all and ... I think a code upgrade like this require a ton of work... all of that going to trash because it's Mirco.
Again, I still hope another big player to take over, if it's possible... We'll see I guess.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes I agree. This concept sucks, all around.

I'm not sure he said the concept sucks and this doesn't bring much to the discussion: I do not like Mirco and his products as well but can keep a distant view of this. With that saying and with this spirit, you may cancel a lot of pinball projects including mods (what's the point after all ?). Software is by far, the hardest part and there are not a lot of offers in the market so I don't see any issue if we have a choice with a kit or keep the current soft.. The purpose of this may be to add a new interest to the current owners maybe more than the future Totan buyers.
Regarding the graphics, the current kit animations for sale (from my understanding but I may be wrong) are the same one but include new modes so maybe the first reference was more on the HD WIP project with completly different animations but this one is not the kit.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sure someone is working all day on Eight Ball Double Deluxe; for some unknown reason.

Well if there's no issue then what are you pissing & moaning aboot?
Let me tell you what the issue is; Mirco has monetized someone's lazy day home project.
Guy is super nice, but he's slowly working on this project that is farrrrr from done; which would be totally great if you didn't pay 2,500 euros/dollars for it! Now you have a completely uncompleted (ha is that a term?) mash up of shit going on in the game which no one is working hard to fix, and has apparently 1 beta tester in the world; the VFW.
Funhouse 2.0 has literally no fucking purpose to other making videos of multiple creepy Rudys look like they are jerking off...but it LOOKS professional as shit.

Maybe something is no more working with the developer and Mirco because I think there was regular updates in the past, it’s radio silence for quiet a while now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Warzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/totan-20-game-kit-the-forgotten-tales-release-at-tpf?tu=Warzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.